Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 10:43   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
What would be the effect of 195/60/R 14 tires on the Aspire's handling and ride quality? Or would upsizing improve handling ? I don't care for ride quality if the handling improves significantly. And please don't bring the 'mileage' thing, I don't care a bit! Thanks in advance.
When I moved from 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, the ground clearance increased a bit along with ride and handling quality. Iam told that there could be a difference of 0.5kmpl and FE is also something I never cared about

I wanted to get the 195 section but, couldn't wait for 1 week which means just park the car and not drive on new tyres

If you move to 195/60/R14 then GC will marginally decrease due to lower aspect ratio so ride "might" become slightly harsh but, handling and steering will increase significantly and there could be an effect of 1kmpl on FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When this getting an RD box?
LOL! Iam little paranoid about Ford quirkiness so I reckon will wait a year or so before I plonk an RD box in it. For now the power is more than sufficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I am planning to book this car by next week..Could please share the details regarding the swap of tyres like cost, tyre shop..
Ashoka Wheel, Minister Road

Yoko Earth 1 : Rs.4000
Apollo Acceres : Rs. 3200 (Quoted by Ashoka)

Paid difference of Rs.800 X 4 + Rs. 400 = Rs. 3600 for this upgrade which is extremely reasonable and car is thanking me for this upgrade. Ride has become smooth, silent and steering has weight up nicely even at slow speeds and feels much more planted now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
So you have only swapped/upgraded the rubber and retained the OEM alloys? Personally, you should have upgraded the rims as well to 15".
My first question before booking the car was can I upgrade to 15"

They specifically mentioned that warranty will go for a toss if I change rim size and they said you can upgrade the tyre width as long as you continue with same rim size

Being my first FORD, didn't want to take risk of upgrading to 15" . But, trust me if you upgrade to 195 sections with good rubber then its more than enough and you just have to live with the eye sore of slightly smaller looking tyres but, drive will become satisfactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition, being a new fiesta owner your third pic gives me jitters. Already I got comments on the road " why is your aspire big?"
Didn't understand this comment? Are you saying Aspire looks bigger than new fiesta?
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 11:10   #62
BHPian

Many congrats on the Blue oval sir! I think you've got the mos stunning colour of the lot. A real pity that those wheels are so small. Bigger ones would have really enhanced the looks.
Eagerly awaiting a detailed ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Didn't understand this comment? Are you saying Aspire looks bigger than new fiesta?

I think he meant that laymen are confusing the Aspire and Fiesta with each other. Perhaps some thought that Fiesta is simply a bigger Aspire. Hence some people might ask,"Why does your Aspire look so big?", when in reality, they are looking at a Fiesta, a car of an entirely different segment.

Just like my dad thinks the Jetta and Passat are bigger Vento's, and Elantra is a bigger Verna.

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 20th September 2015 at 11:14.
Turbo_asd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 11:30   #63
BHPian

Superb review Tushar and Aditya. Thanks a ton for all the small details.
Just one question. How are the door/hood open warnings show in lower variants? Or only audio warnings in here?
Old 20th September 2015, 12:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My first question before booking the car was can I upgrade to 15"

They specifically mentioned that warranty will go for a toss if I change rim size and they said you can upgrade the tyre width as long as you continue with same rim size

Being my first FORD, didn't want to take risk of upgrading to 15" . But, trust me if you upgrade to 195 sections with good rubber then its more than enough and you just have to live with the eye sore of slightly smaller looking tyres but, drive will become satisfactory
If you see the sticker related to wheel pressures at the bottom of the array of photos on the first page, there is a mention of 195/55/15 profile. So it looks like Ford is indeed selling Aspires with that profile in some other country. I think you could have explored that 15" option.

Anyways, congrats on your purchase! When I changed my Figo's tyres on day 1 of purchase, the Appolo Acceleres that it came shod with were traded at a rate of 3200 per tyre. So the rate has remained the same over the past 3 years!

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th September 2015 at 12:09.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 14:31   #65
BHPian

Sad to see Ford and Teambhp not delivering what was promised to its members for the first time in the history. When the aam aadmi of india is finally turning to automatic transmission, ford not making the AT car available for media drive is a blunder. When it took such a long time for a official review to come up on Teambhp, I expected the reviewers to get a comprehensive review on AT too somehow. Now you guys have failed to deliver the promise too.
Old 20th September 2015, 14:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Sad to see Ford and Teambhp not delivering what was promised to its members for the first time in the history. When the aam aadmi of india is finally turning to automatic transmission, ford not making the AT car available for media drive is a blunder. When it took such a long time for a official review to come up on Teambhp, I expected the reviewers to get a comprehensive review on AT too somehow. Now you guys have failed to deliver the promise too.
That's too much of negativity. When Ford doesn't provide one, how can a review come out. Please note that, Its official review, not an ownership thread.
Wildy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 15:14   #67

Quote:
I think it was mentioned in the review that Ford didn't provide an automatic for review.

As for the 'delay' in getting a review, I understand its frustrating, but certainly well worth the wait to get such a detailed review.

I have booked the Automatic in Ruby Red, my upgrade from my Santro Xing. Hopefully in time for the holidays.
vikrammohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 15:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition, being a new fiesta owner your third pic gives me jitters. Already I got comments on the road " why is your aspire big?"
Ha ha. You are right that Aspire has become much more recognized product that new Fiesta could during all this time. Though the front grills have different geometrical shapes, a layman is prone to mistake Fiesta with Aspire. I too faced similar question, though not exact.

Debadging, once under consideration, is completely off the table now for the car to retain some sort of identity mark.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 16:15   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Sad to see Ford and Teambhp not delivering what was promised to its members for the first time in the history.

I expected the reviewers to get a comprehensive review on AT too somehow. Now you guys have failed to deliver the promise too.
This post from a BHPian isn't expected either! Not sure what you were thinking when you wrote that post. Sad to see such post that spoil the fun. Reviewers here do what they get to do and they can't order Ford to get them an AT for the sake of review.

There is a thread on how reviews are conducted and behind the scenes. Please do go through it before pointing out a finger.

Days and months of hard work to get a review of in a perfect way and this isn't what others + MODS like to read.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 17:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This post from a BHPian isn't expected either! Not sure what you were thinking when you wrote that post. Sad to see such post that spoil the fun. Reviewers here do what they get to do and they can't order Ford to get them an AT for the sake of review.

There is a thread on how reviews are conducted and behind the scenes. Please do go through it before pointing out a finger.

Days and months of hard work to get a review of in a perfect way and this isn't what others + MODS like to read.
Yes, it is kind of appalling to pin it on Team-BHP for not taking the onus to review AT version, In fact on the Aspire discussion thread in the Indian Car Scene section some members who took TD of AT version had a detailed discussion of this variant.

None of the other popular automobile portals, magazines have covered Aspire AT variant in their coverage of Ford Figo Aspire. If a manufacturer does not provide a particular variant for press TD event there is no point whining, all we can do is wait for a detailed ownership from another team member.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 17:14   #71

Why is there an emergency boot unlock lever underneath the boot lid if the rear seats are not foldable?
Old 20th September 2015, 17:20   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I recently acquired a fiesta so..

1. I meant that the third pic looked like the Fiesta in blue
2. Many people ask me why my Aspire (Fiesta) looks big

Hope I made sense
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 18:08   #73
BHPian

A wonderfully detailed review from Team BHP as always!It was well worth the wait,especially for guys like us who have their decision pending whether to go for the car or not.I had test driven the Diesel Aspire and shared my initial impressions about the car in the earlier thread and was awaiting the official review before committing to go ahead with the purchase.

One little query which I had already raised in my earlier post, I am going to reiterate again-
The variant I test drove was the Titanium Diesel.It did not have illuminated power window switches,even on the drivers side console.Is it the case with Titanium+ also? Or was my observation flawed due to an one-off malfunctioning of light switches in the TD car?

P.S.-Please excuse me if the answer has already been provided in the official review,but somehow I couldn't see it,and thereby asking again.
Old 20th September 2015, 18:59   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magtamilan View Post
Why is there an emergency boot unlock lever underneath the boot lid if the rear seats are not foldable?
Good question. One of the first features the SA introduced to me when I went to look at the car was this one. I asked if seats are foldable. Answer was no. Then questioned on the purpose of emergency internal release from the boot. Then only it kind of dawned on them that it did not make sense. They were speaking among themselves that it was specially convered in training.

But I assume it has some purpose if it was covered in the training. Anyone?

Or maybe a miss from design dependencies. The boot design team put it there and forgot to tell the interior design team that foldable seat is a dependent requirement.
Old 20th September 2015, 19:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:
When I moved from 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, the ground clearance increased a bit along with ride and handling quality. Iam told that there could be a difference of 0.5kmpl and FE is also something I never cared about

I wanted to get the 195 section but, couldn't wait for 1 week which means just park the car and not drive on new tyres

If you move to 195/60/R14 then GC will marginally decrease due to lower aspect ratio so ride "might" become slightly harsh but, handling and steering will increase significantly and there could be an effect of 1kmpl on FE
Congrats on the new car!

Just curious, how does this affect the warranty with Ford? Do they have any issues with tire upgrades (within the same rim size)?

Most Viewed