Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 21:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Excellent review. Aspire looks promising. Ruby red looks smashing.The interiors looked best in class beating even the xcent(my opinion).
The new Figo looks more proportionate.Nice alloys with TDCi=hot hatch.
I was on my way to Bangalore from Leh and encountered New Figo in Yamuna Express Way.
Media drive was going on, and met NDTV media people. Was there anyone from Team BHP?
Old 28th September 2015, 08:40   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I am also in process of finalizing deal for TDCi Tjitanium + in Bangalore and have received much better quote from my dealer. FYI! 3 year warranty is given as complimentary. Handling charges are at INR 6250. Insurance quote (zero dep) from Royal Sundaram is at 24K including all benefits you mentioned, saving of 13K from dealer quoted zero dep insurance rate. Dealer is having no issue in myself taking insurance from outside and just needs cover note before sending car for Registration.
Thanks. I will ask for the free warranty and see if I get anything more.

As I'm was in Bangalore for the wekend I visited Metro Ford. The SA was such an expert that "the only difference between the automatic and the manual is the gears sir" He was probably not trained as he was quoting ecosport prices (I assume) for the accessories. Fog lights 12,000, ice 24,000, 1st service 5000, etc. But they were offering 10,000 exchange bonus.

Anyway, I noticed something new in their Titanium+
Petrol variant. It had 3 turn indicators on each side.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1420473&stc=1&d=144340 9230

I don't remember seeing or reading about this anywhere. Attached is an image from witwiky's ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1420474&stc=1&d=144340 9230

I'm assuming this a dealer added part.

@ tushar. Any particular reason why "Figo" is missing from the title of this review "Ford Aspire: Official Review" ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150927_124141.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-turn-indicator.jpg  

Old 28th September 2015, 10:06   #138
BHPian

Personally, Aspire's beige interiors is a complete turn-off. Looks cheap. Fortunately, Figo-2015 comes with all-black interiors.

Ford products are worthy, but, I have great doubts over the post ownership service levels in Pune.

1. Planet Ford : Ownership has changed, showroom looked empty and depressing, sales staff did not have knowledge and enthusiasm. They are not even allotted cars. Do not know the fate of this dealership.

2. Talera Ford : We are the boss kind of attitude, take it or leave it approach, arrogant and rude showroom staff. I would rate this dealership at par with Chevrolet dealerships.

Hope Ford intervenes in time and save itself from going the Skoda way!
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:13   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
It indeed is going the SKODA way (pun intended) The Planet ford dealership is being taken over by the owner of Viraaj SKODA, its in the transition period and hence they are not booking many orders. Even for servicing, many service parts are not available readily. The other owner has already started one showroom somewhere on Mumbai - Bangalore bypass, I guess Sai Laxmi Ford or something similar.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:15   #140
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at New Figo Aspire ( when I visited Ford Showroom and also had a look at Figo ), here are my views :

1) Not all the boot space is usable. The bootlid closing arms eat a lot of boot space, practically. The spring mechanism look damn cheap. I hope that these spring mechanisms do not enter into hatchbacks.

2) Rear parcel shelf clips are visible from boot. I feel there are chances of such holding clips getting damaged when boot is fully loaded.

3) There are a lot of exposed metal area which can damage the luggage. As compared to unfinished boot in Aspire, Figo's boot space looks better, atleast its well finished.

4) Bootlid felt light, in league of Dzire and Amaze. Not confidence inspiring.

5) Hood is reasonably heavy.

6) From the engine bay, a lot of road surface can be seen. Should have been covered.

7) Front "snout" where the Ford logo is mounted is as far ahead as bumper. Likely to get damaged very quickly. The bumper is practically barely present IMO.

Overall, Figo and Aspire fail to impress me. Footwell felt narrow, my shoe size is 10 due to broad toe and this did not make me feel good.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:15   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

1. Planet Ford : Ownership has changed, showroom looked empty and depressing, sales staff did not have knowledge and enthusiasm. They are not even allotted cars. Do not know the fate of this dealership.

This I have experienced on this weekend at Planet Ford, Satara Road. It was completely empty with 2 or 3 test-drive cars (2 aspires and 1 ecosport). Not a single car inside the showroom.

When enquired about Figo, was told that might receive the cars in 8-10 days. This when, I had called up Talera Ford in PCMC (near my office) and they already had Figo on Friday!

To add to what Figopian is saying, the SA kept mentioning about Sai Laxmi Ford being it's sister company or something.

I don't know, but it seems it's better to keep away from Planet Ford then?

Last edited by teemus : 28th September 2015 at 11:19. Reason: added data
Old 28th September 2015, 12:52   #142
BHPian

Couldn't help but post this observation when I TDied Fiesta and Aspire back to back.

A) Fiesta's engine note seems more refined and muted than the Aspire. Could be insulation or Fiesta had clocked more KMs than brand new Aspire not sure. Has anyone else observed the same?.

B ) For me biggest difference was the performance. Aspire seems to pull strongly and feels torque curve is flat across rev range. More or less like how you feel when you drive a VW TDI. Fiesta on the other hand lacks the oomph at the top end.

Whatever they did to Aspire ( tuning / mechanical mods ), I sincerely hope Ford should offer that to existing Fiesta customers as a performance upgrade kit ( like what Yamaha did with Daytona kits). If they do, I am sure, it will be a big hit.
linuxmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 13:12   #143
BHPian

I am expecting my Diesel titanium to be delivered this week. The boot is one area that concerns me. Is it possible to add struts like this
Ford Aspire : Official Review-strut.jpg

Any suggestion to solve this exposed metal/sharp edges problem?
Ford Aspire : Official Review-boot.jpg
Old 28th September 2015, 22:23   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I was on my way to Bangalore from Leh and encountered New Figo in Yamuna Express Way.
Media drive was going on, and met NDTV media people. Was there anyone from Team BHP?
Yes of course, we were present for this media drive

I completed my 1st tankful on the Aspire.

Tankful-to-Tankful the Aspire returned an FE of 15.50kmpl ( 570kms/36 Liters) on an auto-cut mode. I would say pretty close to what the MID was showing so the instantaneous FE display seems to be pretty accurate

1st tankful was completely in city and many a times in horrible bumper to bumper traffic with many stops where I was idling with AC on for more than 5 minutes for a few times.

Iam pretty impressed with the FE and I know it will only go up from here !!

P.S: Doesn't the Aspire come with a 35 Litre tank? How can I fill 36L in auto-cut mode?

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th September 2015 at 22:24.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 22:26   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post

Any suggestion to solve this exposed metal/sharp edges problem?
I guess the edges of the exposed metal on both sides can be covered with a thick rubber strip, which can be glued to the place. A piece of scrap door beading could be used for this purpose.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 22:46   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Doesn't the Aspire come with a 35 Litre tank? How can I fill 36L in auto-cut mode?
The owner's manual states that the fuel capacity is 40L for the diesel, and 42L for both petrols:

Petrol (1.2 Ti-VCT and 1.5 Ti-VCT)
Name:  Capacities TiVCT.gif
Views: 6083
Size:  12.3 KB

Diesel (1.5L TDCi)
Name:  Capacities TDCi.gif
Views: 6107
Size:  12.0 KB
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 22:51   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

P.S: Doesn't the Aspire come with a 35 Litre tank? How can I fill 36L in auto-cut mode?
This discussion came up recently in the Polo GT TSI thread when some members noticed that a 42L capacity Polo could take in ~49 Liters of Fuel.

Mod Vid6639 has clarified in this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The actual tank capacity maybe 45 litres. What goes in can be more. From the fuel filler to the tank, the pipe maybe routed circuitously, If the pipe is 4-5 feet long till the tank, that's easily 4-5 litres of extra volume.

This is quite normal and nothing really new. There are cars which can take 10 litres more than tank capacity.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 16:13   #148
BHPian

Mods, you deserve this

What. A. Review!

We asked, and asked, and asked yet again. And your reply was simple - a proper TBHP REVIEW takes time.

THIS was well worth the wait!

Read through it all (keeping office work on hold), and it has convinced me beyond all doubts... The Aspire is it! This time I ain't falling out of love

Now to plan the plunge...

PS: Sorry if I sound like a noob, but how exactly do you read that TPI chart? What is the 'standard' TP to maintain? 32/35?

Last edited by Blur : 30th September 2015 at 16:19. Reason: Adding a query
Old 30th September 2015, 17:41   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The owner's manual states that the fuel capacity is 40L for the diesel, and 42L for both petrols]
Thanks. Iam yet to open the manual and read the basics. I don't know why but, was under the impression its a 35L tank

It makes sense now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This discussion came up recently in the Polo GT TSI thread when some members noticed that a 42L capacity Polo could take in ~49 Liters of Fuel.
Mine was more of a rhetorical question. Iam aware about this concept but, it happens very rarely and also depends on how much vaccum is created in the tank and apparently time of day you tank up also makes in difference with respect to how much the tank can consume depending on the ambient temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
The Aspire is it! This time I ain't falling out of love

Now to plan the plunge...?
Congrats. You wont regret getting the diesel variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
PS: Sorry if I sound like a noob, but how exactly do you read that TPI chart? What is the 'standard' TP to maintain? 32/35?
Assuming you are referring to Tire Pressure? I personally don't keep different PSI for front and rear like many do with logic that rear end being heavier than front end hence keep higher PSI at rear and lower at front

I keep same pressure for all 4 tires and have been practicing this for all my life. In the Aspire, I have filled Nitrogen and 32PSI all around ( its I feel 1PSI higher as its slightly bouncy at this pressure but, I like the stiff and agile feeling it gives)
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:43   #150
BHPian

Hi people, I visited the MPL Ford at Palikaranai, Chennai today to test drive the new aspire and I have to say that I loved it to bits. Coming from a Swift Dzire diesel, the 100 PS 1.5 TDCI engine just blew me away. I will try and summarize my observations:

1. The power delivery from the engine was spontaneous, linear and delightful. I really did not experience a "turbo-lag". Coming from a diesel Dzire, this almost felt like a petrol engine in the way the power was dished out.
2. The clutch is extremely light and easy to use. It will be a boon in City conditions. The pedal was also spaced out decently well (no foot rest for left leg)
3. As a 6 footer, I expected that I would need to push the front seat all the way to the back to get to my ideal seating position but I was extremely surprised that it was too far away. I had to actually pull the seat forward. Also with the seat height adjust, it is really easy to find an ideal driving position. The litmus test was that with my ideal position, I could comfortably seat in the back seat. It was just correct!! In reality, back seat space is much better that the Dzire.
4. I did not get a chance to test the car in high speeds but at cruising speeds, the car performance was good. The steering feel was good and the brakes were not bad either.
5. The Sync sound did not quite understand my accent but that it ok, if I buy, it will be the Titanium and not the Titanium + variant.
6. The beige interiors looked decent enough for a car in this category and I liked it better than the Dzire.
7. The fit and finish was ok; sheet metal in reality felt better than my Dzire.
8. The SA told me that warranty would be voided if I upgrade the tyre size.
9. THE SA told me that I "have" to take insurance from them and that comes to about 35,000 Rs for B-B insurance. And they also have the infamous "handling charges" of 6500 Rs.

The way I see it, it is an upgrade from the Dzire I have. I am highly tempted to book the car. The driving pleasure is really good in this car. I think I have to take a longer TD now.

Chennai ford owners, what are your thoughts on the A.S.S of MPL Ford? Is it good or will I hate my every service visit? Please let me know.

Attaching the price list.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-dsc_0367.jpg

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 30th September 2015 at 18:45.
nivatakavacha is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks