Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 10:19   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
2. Upshift gears as early as possible (especially 1st & 2nd gears) and stick to a maximum 2500rpm till the break-in period
3. Keep varying the speed and rpms. Never drive either sedately or spiritedly. Varying the speeds helps bed in components nicely
4. I practice waiting for 30 seconds before shutting off engine after a drive is completed
Do these tips apply to petrol cars also, especially the RPM limit.
Old 4th October 2015, 13:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
This makes the Aspire faster than a Polo GT TDI, Volkswagen Jetta and even the Cruze ! This really came as a shocker, considering its humble origins. Mods, please confirm if it can actually put out such figures.
Hmmm, 0-100 may be, but I seriously doubt it can match the above mean machines at the top end. It would be interesting to see how does it fare in roll-on acceleration from 100-140 or
80 to all the way to the top
.. Etc.

For eg, if I take 0-100 in my Fiesta and compare it with say Rapid, its a close match. But once past that, it was a different story, when we went for a recent Hassan trip.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 15:23   #183
BHPian

A lot has been written about Aston Martin inspired front grille stance.
For newbie's like me who are wondering what Aston Martin is all about..the following link gives some wonderful information i.e.
https://www.astonmartin.com/heritage/gallery

An interesting thing to note is that Ford had a majority stake in this company from 1987 to 2007.

Another trivia..The Aston Martin DB10 is a bespoke two-door coupé created for the James Bond film Spectre by the British car manufacturer Aston Martin.
Old 5th October 2015, 09:00   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Hmmm, 0-100 may be, but I seriously doubt it can match the above mean machines at the top end. It would be interesting to see how does it fare in roll-on acceleration from 100-140 or
.. Etc.

For eg, if I take 0-100 in my Fiesta and compare it with say Rapid, its a close match. But once past that, it was a different story, when we went for a recent Hassan trip.
You're absolutely spot on with this. Likewise, my Duster is faster in a 0-100 acceleration compared to an XUV 500 but the 100-160 burst in the XUV is altogether a different story. And I'm pretty sure, it can never keep up with a Cruze or Jetta in terms of stability and on-road dynamics at speeds beyond 100 (read: illegal and unsafe). They're in a different league. But still, such an acceleration figure from the Aspire (even if it needs absolute skill along with precision) is commendable.
mohaks19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:17   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Spare parts' price comparison between the DZire and the Aspire, showing that the Aspire's parts are equally cheap as the Maruti bestseller.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151004_190147.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151004_190202.jpg

Pics courtesy allhyundaicars @ TAI.
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:37   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spare parts' price comparison between the DZire and the Aspire, showing that the Aspire's parts are equally cheap as the Maruti bestseller.
If Ford dealers are any smarter, they should put up these images showing comparison of spare prices. This would burst the bubble of perception in the minds of people that Maruti spares are cheap.

@RavenAvi: Absolutely love your posts! Always bringing so much value to the thread by such informative posts, not to forget the scoops from your birdies!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 01:49   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
.. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
You're absolutely spot on with this. Likewise, my Duster is faster in a 0-100 acceleration compared to an XUV 500 but the 100-160 burst in the XUV is altogether a different story. And I'm pretty sure, it can never keep up with a Cruze or Jetta in terms of stability and on-road dynamics at speeds beyond 100 (read: illegal and unsafe). They're in a different league. But still, such an acceleration figure from the Aspire (even if it needs absolute skill along with precision) is commendable.
You are comparing two different things here. Nobody expects Aspire to match Jetta or a Cruze. Jetta or Cruze are in a completely different segment. Of course they have better dynamics at higher speeds. What is the max speed a sane/average driver does on Indian Highways - 120 to 130? So Aspire lives upto it. With this acceleration for 0-100, it sure puts a huge grin on customers like me. At this price range I could not ask more
Old 6th October 2015, 06:42   #188
BHPian

Ford Figo Aspire sales slides to 3,596 units in september from 5176 in august This is probably due to massive discounts being offered by the rivals in the CS segment.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...exits/49236175

Last edited by dpkbehera : 6th October 2015 at 06:46.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:28   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
You are comparing two different things here. Nobody expects Aspire to match Jetta or a Cruze. Jetta or Cruze are in a completely different segment. Of course they have better dynamics at higher speeds. What is the max speed a sane/average driver does on Indian Highways - 120 to 130? So Aspire lives upto it. With this acceleration for 0-100, it sure puts a huge grin on customers like me. At this price range I could not ask more
Completely agree with you here, I was not comparing Aspire with any of those. That was my response to someone else's comparison.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:50   #190
BHPian

Another reason for the lower numbers apart from the significant discounts being offered by rivals is the preference for petrol cars. Ford needs to get its act together when it comes to the petrol engine.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:52   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Do these tips apply to petrol cars also, especially the RPM limit.
Absolutely. Bottom-line is not to strain the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
I did a 260kms round trip to Bidar last week and 80% of roads were in shambles, it was so bad that I was almost regretting the decision but, visit to Gurdwara made me forget the pains of the road conditions

Aspire didn't fare too well on such bad roads. We were 3 of us in car and I felt each of horrible bumps, rough tarmac whereas the rear passenger enjoyed the comforts and wasn't complaining at all

If this trip was in a Cruze, I would have glided over it without any discomfort

But, the Aspire overtook almost everything in its sight

Having said that, Aspire ride quality is superb in smooth and average road conditions but, on really bad roads expect the bumps to seep into the cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Another reason for the lower numbers apart from the significant discounts being offered by rivals is the preference for petrol cars. Ford needs to get its act together when it comes to the petrol engine.
Agree. Everyday I see T/R registered petrol Amaze and Dzire's on road.

Ford's petrol being so lack-lustre, I think these customers wouldn't even think of touching it with a barge pole
Old 6th October 2015, 14:49   #192
BHPian

Clarification on DCT Warranty

This is my first post on TBhp. After reading this wonderful forum for 5 years, I thought it is time for me to add some value

While reading across Aspire and Figo threads there seems to be some confusion about whether Ford is offering 10 year warranty on its DCT gearbox. On one hand the Figo media release says that they do offer 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty, on the other hand the dealer or the brochure is not able to confirm it. So I wrote an email to the communications team at Ford and they confirmed that the media release had a typo

Following is the email I sent and its response:

----
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:37 PM
To: Sharma, Kapil (K.); Gulati, Nikhil (G.); madhulika.singh@bm.com
Subject: Information Asymmetry Regarding DCT Warranty

Hi,
There seems to be an information asymmetry regarding the company warranty offered for Ford DCT gearbox in Aspire/Figo hatchback.
I have read in your media release that the company is offering 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty on DCT.
http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249173475333

However the Mumbai dealer is not able to verify whether this warranty is offered or not. Also, the brochure doesn't have any warranty related information.
Please note that I am NOT talking about the "sealed for life" (10 year/2,40,000 km) tagline. I am specifically clarifying about the 10 year Ford replacement warranty on the DCT gearbox.
We are looking to buy Aspire or Figo hatchback. In case the company is indeed offering this 10 year warranty, it would be first in class and should be highlighted much more.

Awaiting your response.
----

Hi,
Apologies for the error. We will get it corrected.
The warranty on Dual clutch Transmission is 2 years/100,000 Kms.

Regards,
Kapil Sharma
Ford India Communications | +91 98730 78122 | +91-124-387 3107 | ksharma6@ford.com
---
manish84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 17:05   #193
BHPian

How is the performance of DCT gearbox, mileage and comfort (suspension qualities)?

Also I think the dashboard design prevents fixing/changing audio head units. No way to fit any android auto / car play kits in future right?
Old 6th October 2015, 19:45   #194
BANNED

The interior blackening is done, sharing the photos sent to me over phone. Excuse the clarity. Now the steering leather and floor needs to be done. What do you guys suggest for the floor, 3M mats or Vinyl mats covering the entire floor. 3M can be taken out for cleaning, Vinyl can't be taken off. Some are telling that Vinyl will result in bad smell as the moisture will be trapped beneath. I have Vinyl floor mats done for my Zen and haven't found any problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire-5.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire-6.jpg  

The Rationalist is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 19:49   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The interior blackening is done..
Looks great! What is the treatment that's done for the plastics? And can this be done in Titanium+ too? (asking because of additional airbags)
AlokSriva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks