Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 09:53   #376
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Would be really interesting to see what kind of mileage you would be getting on a long journey.
Do keep sharing your observations.
I got 21.9 kmpl average over 119 Kms of travel on the Bangalore to Ambur route including about 5 mins of stoppage at Toll booths. AC was on through out. Later when I continued on to Chennai it dropped to 19+ as I had to slow down a bit due to heavy rain and traffic. I was driving at speeds between 80-100 often at around 90 kmph. Hope there is no cheating software installed to spike the mileage figures!
jowes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:15   #377
BHPian

Congrats Samaspire for your new toy and welcome to the Aspire club.
Silver really goes well with the design.
You can check average FE after a longer trip. It is bound to improve after your first service.
For me, it is showing 18.8 kmpl average (TDCi) after first service, but I make short trips of about 10 km each only.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:47   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I got 21.9 kmpl average over 119 Kms of travel on the Bangalore to Ambur route including about 5 mins of stoppage at Toll booths. AC was on through out. Later when I continued on to Chennai it dropped to 19+ as I had to slow down a bit due to heavy rain and traffic. I was driving at speeds between 80-100 often at around 90 kmph. Hope there is no cheating software installed to spike the mileage figures!
Is this the Diesel or the Petrol?
Old 4th November 2015, 12:24   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Is this the Diesel or the Petrol?
It's the 1.2L petrol.

One practical difficulty I've found with this car is the switching on of fog lights. From the driver seating position the fog lamp switches are not visible easily. Often I need to bend to locate them. Not a safe thing to do when driving in my opinion.
jowes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 13:28   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got 21.9 kmpl average over 119 Kms of travel
Woah jowes that is some serious FE from a 1.2 mill under a small sedan

I have heard one of my cousin praise about the 1.2l Engine in his pre-facelift FIGO for its mileage. The only weak point he sees is the performance, which I believe FORD have sorted on this iteration.

Quote:
Hope there is no cheating software installed to spike the mileage figures!
Naah lets leave this sort of Engineering to the experts - GERMANS.

Gives a new meaning to the term:

ONLY VOLKSWAGEN CAN BUILD A VOLKSWAGEN
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 14:32   #381
BHPian

Quote:
It's here !!! Took delivery at 12:30 pm.
Congrats Samaspire for finally bringing home the silver beauty after days of ordeal! Hope hereafter she gives you more smiles than the miles you traverse!

I booked the Diesel Titanium+ variant in Blue yesterday.The fantastic engine,decent driving dynamics, top-notch safety features and decent interior space combined in a city friendly compact package with good-looks were the reasons for going ahead with the booking.Also the Team-BHP official review and the wonderfully detailed ownership reviews from KreativeGeek, witwiky, mobike008 helped me to a great extent in finalizing the car.

My dealer says that a 5 year extended warranty isn't available for the Aspire yet.Only optional 3rd year extended warranty with RSA is available for Rs.6952 for the diesel and Rs. 5552 for the petrol (Manual & AT both).The prices are irrespective of the variants.Can someone shed some more light on this matter?

P.S.-If anyone wants to have a look at the price list of Aspire in Kolkata,I can upload it.
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:14   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
I booked the Diesel Titanium+ variant in Blue yesterday.The fantastic engine,decent driving dynamics, top-notch safety features and decent interior space combined in a city friendly compact package with good-looks were the reasons for going ahead with the booking.Also the Team-BHP official review and the wonderfully detailed ownership reviews from KreativeGeek, witwiky, mobike008 helped me to a great extent in finalizing the car.
Congrats on your Titanium +. Welcome to the club and also to "Blue World" we are of rare breed as many would typically opt for Ruby, White and then Silver ( According to dealer these colors are most popular with buyers)

When is delivery of car and look forward to your report on forum soon....

Quote:
My dealer says that a 5 year extended warranty isn't available for the Aspire yet.Only optional 3rd year extended warranty with RSA is available for Rs.6952 for the diesel and Rs. 5552 for the petrol (Manual & AT both).The prices are irrespective of the variants.Can someone shed some more light on this matter?
Even I understand there is only a 3rd option warranty period which even I bought and there is no option for 5 years

Quote:
P.S.-If anyone wants to have a look at the price list of Aspire in Kolkata,I can upload it.
How much was OTR cost of Titanium + with all sundry items included?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:20   #383
BHPian

I recommended my Father-in-law to go ahead and purchase Aspire Trend. He paid has paid his advance and he was give the VIN which I decoded to manufactured on 15/10/15.

But when I saw the list of options which we are missing out in India has my mind boggled!

Please see the attached snips from ETIS.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-b21.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-b22.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-b23.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-b24.jpg  

Old 4th November 2015, 17:23   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One practical difficulty I've found with this car is the switching on of fog lights. From the driver seating position the fog lamp switches are not visible easily. Often I need to bend to locate them. Not a safe thing to do when driving in my opinion.
Completely agree with you on this point. Infact, I found it quite dangerous to use that switch while car in motion.

Now I either switch on fog lamps when in standstill or use my right hand to search for the switch ( now its become a habit after a few failed attempts) without taking my eyes of the road
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:06   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even I understand there is only a 3rd option warranty period which even I bought and there is no option for 5 years
GTO had posted (Ford Aspire : Official Review) the EW prices for the Aspire, which gave you an option to extend it by 1/2/3 years for a total coverage of 3/4/5 years. Adding that for reference below:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-extended-warranty.png.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
But when I saw the list of options which we are missing out in India has my mind boggled!
Bear in mind that some of those omissions are for an international market which has different regulations (e.g. fire extinguisher), are for higher variants (e.g. Sync, or anything else you get in Titanium+ but not in your Trend) or different powertrains (e.g. hill hold assist), etc. while some omissions are pure price cutting (e.g. removing door sill protection and making it an accessory).

I wouldn't worry too much. If anything, your surprise is only because Ford exposes this level of detailed data via ETIS. I don't think any other manufacturer does this. I'd rather have this information with all its good/bad connotations, than be locked out of ETIS and not have this information at all.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:35   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I wouldn't worry too much. If anything, your surprise is only because Ford exposes this level of detailed data via ETIS. I don't think any other manufacturer does this. I'd rather have this information with all its good/bad connotations, than be locked out of ETIS and not have this information at all.
True, though am glad that a drivers arm rest is available internationally. Buy online and fix it especially if its a snug fit than the universal ones
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:49   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Bear in mind that some of those omissions are for an international market which has different regulations (e.g. fire extinguisher), are for higher variants (e.g. Sync, or anything else you get in Titanium+ but not in your Trend) or different powertrains (e.g. hill hold assist), etc. while some omissions are pure price cutting (e.g. removing door sill protection and making it an accessory).

Yes, I meant what is being offered in the Indian market(including Titanium +) but there could have been more variants released with more features.

I am sure there are people who will buy a fully loaded 3 box(!) Titanium X(as sold in here in UK) for 10-11 lakhs ex-showroom price.
shibu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 00:48   #388
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone give me tips or instructions on removing the door panels and dashboard for fitting the music system. The guys here have not worked on an aspire or the figo yet, and I don't want my car to be their guinea pig. If I knew to how to remove the panels I could instruct them.
Old 5th November 2015, 01:27   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your Titanium +. Welcome to the club and also to "Blue World" we are of rare breed as many would typically opt for Ruby, White and then Silver ( According to dealer these colors are most popular with buyers)
Thank you.Me and missus liked the dark blue in the Aspire,and incidentally one of the cars on display sported that shade the second time we went for a TD .The wonderful pictures of your 'Blue Bombardier' also helped me visualize how the shade will look on the roads.I agree blue is not a common colour of choice for the recent Fords.Blue Ecosports and Figos are not seen that often in Kolkata roads.However it seems that we Team BHPians are bucking the trend of choosing your dealer mentioned 'popular' colours,at least in these initial phases,with 3 of our initial cars in the forum being Black [witwiky],Golden [KreativeGeek] and Blue(yours).

Quote:
When is delivery of car and look forward to your report on forum soon....
Expected delivery in 15 days.I have told them I will take delivery after the festivities of Diwali[Kali Puja here in Bengal] are over.

Quote:
How much was OTR cost of Titanium + with all sundry items included?
Attaching price list I received from Ganges Ford,Kolkata:
(Negotiations are still on to bring it down as far as I can,with my limited bargaining skills-key areas being logistic charges,essential kit and dealer preferred insurance)
Aspire_pricelist.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
GTO had posted the EW prices for the Aspire, which gave you an option to extend it by 1/2/3 years for a total coverage of 3/4/5 years.
Thanks.Since this information is from Ford itself,I fail to understand why the dealers are denying the existence of a 5 yr EW! Whether the EW is reasonably priced or not is a matter of debate,but why with-hold information from the buyer?Also Samaspire seems to have purchased his car with 5 yr EW-

Quote:
OTR was 6,24,168 with 5 years warranty. (no essential kit + own insurance)
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 10:28   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
I recommended my Father-in-law to go ahead and purchase Aspire Trend. He paid has paid his advance and he was give the VIN which I decoded to manufactured on 15/10/15.

Please see the attached snips from ETIS.
How correct is this ETIS data? I put in my car's VIN and got a long list of features but some of them doesn't seem to match. It says 'less Sync', 'less radio' etc which is not true for a Titanium+ version.

Most Viewed