Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 18:52   #811
SJN
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
2)I get a "Ser on" reminder on switching on the ignition, even though my car went through the first service at 2500KM.
No fault codes / lights. Is that just a service reminder? Why is it coming on now?
I am also getting same message though my first service happened on time.
Is there a way to clear this reminder?
Old 18th April 2016, 19:03   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I have also been getting the message for the last 15 days. I have also got a mail from Ford stating that my next service is due on 28th April. That would be 6 months from date of purchase. Is the 2nd service due after 6 months or after 1 year? (I'm not considering kilometers because the car's only just nearing 3000 kms.)
Old 18th April 2016, 21:21   #813
BHPian

Quote:
No, haven't found a way. There were some references to pressing the brake and the accelerator together for 30 sec, but that didn't work for me.
Old 18th April 2016, 23:34   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I have also been getting the message for the last 15 days. I have also got a mail from Ford stating that my next service is due on 28th April. That would be 6 months from date of purchase. Is the 2nd service due after 6 months or after 1 year? (I'm not considering kilometers because the car's only just nearing 3000 kms.)
Second service is at 1 year or 10,000 kms(whichever is earlier) for the TDCi.I guess it will be the same for the petrol.You can check the service schedule mentioned in your car manual to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
No, haven't found a way. There were some references to pressing the brake and the accelerator together for 30 sec, but that didn't work for me.
I had the same issue after my first service was done.'Service on' reminder with a spanner symbol was showing up in the MID when the key was primed for a crank.At that point,I tried to keep the MID toggle stalk pressed for a few moments and voila! the reminder vanished.You guys can try it and see if that works for you.Otherwise Ford service stations must have a definite solution to the issue. (My car is a TDCi)

Last edited by dragonov007 : 18th April 2016 at 23:54.
dragonov007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:05   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Second service is at 1 year or 10,000 kms(whichever is earlier) for the TDCi.I guess it will be the same for the petrol.You can check the service schedule mentioned in your car manual to be sure.

I had the same issue after my first service was done.'Service on' reminder with a spanner symbol was showing up in the MID when the key was primed for a crank.At that point,I tried to keep the MID toggle stalk pressed for a few moments and voila! the reminder vanished.You guys can try it and see if that works for you.Otherwise Ford service stations must have a definite solution to the issue. (My car is a TDCi)
This issue popped up after my first service. I took it to Ford service and they reset the display. Don't know what was done exactly but they told me a firmware update was performed.
It is better to get it cleared at the service center. As per Ford, second service is due only at 10000 km or one year of purchase whichever comes earlier.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 20:49   #816
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Hi Guys,

However, surprisingly, the workshop guys could not figure out the 2 issues that I had asked to sort out: 1. deactivate the seat-belt warning chime (which is addressed in owner manual: to contact service station for deactivation) and 2. Up the focus of Fog lights. Apparently they could not find a solution from Ford... surprising!

Overall, the love affair keeps growing, and the car is proving to be a real fun in city driving. FE has now stabilized at approx 12.5 KMPL.

Cheers/ AB
Hi Ashish,

It seems we both requested for the exact opposite setting for seat-belt reminder chime during our first service
In my case, I wanted to enable it again. Please refer my post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3903025) where the service station enabled the seat belt chime by reattaching "the wire". You can try the reverse but personally I would advise you to keep the chime!

Quote:
I have got the service reminder from Ford as well but for the first service! Its only 3 months late after my first service Looks like the service data is not maintained properly.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th April 2016 at 21:33. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
SJN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 23:08   #817
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Ford is updating the Aspire and the Figo. It has been posted in the other thread about a hold on demos / TDs and new deliveries. I had called the service centre and he slipped in the words "new version". Has a new version already released or will it be soon?

Hope the "new version" has the old Ford sheet metal thickness
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 06:55   #818
BANNED

I think the new version will have some additions to the feature list on the entry models, rejig in price and get the BASE variant removed from the lineup. Sheet metal thickness - They have to run the risk of losing FE and acceleration figures from the on-paper advertising point of view. Furthermore, it will be self incriminating for them to agree that the first model was flawed.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 07:11   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Ford is updating the Aspire and the Figo...
Seems to me Ford's making a mid course correction in their Aspire /Figo strategy. Somehow, Ford failed to convince the Indian buyers that the cars are worth their money (which is the case actually, the cars are absolute VFM IMHO!!).

More importantly, I hope Ford's Marketing/Sales teams come up with a better plan this time
espraveen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 13:51   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Ford is updating the Aspire and the Figo. It has been posted in the other thread about a hold on demos / TDs and new deliveries. I had called the service centre and he slipped in the words "new version". Has a new version already released or will it be soon?

Hope the "new version" has the old Ford sheet metal thickness
Does not look like a new version. As per a report in IAB, Ford has halted TD's and deliveries of both the Figo and Aspire as the company is investigating an issue with the restraint control module of the two cars. The restraint control module is component of the ECU that controls the deployment of safety features. Some more info in this post

I assume this will impact already delivered cars also. Anyone here got any intimation?
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 16:00   #821

Update on Aspire and some sad news :

Rats ruin wiring. Came to Wasan ford to fix it. They're fixing it as I type.

Apart, Wasan Ford and Ford India have parted ways. The dealership has been shut down. The service station will be shut in the next month. Sad day as Wasan was the first ford window in Mumbai and has been great in service in the last few months. Mumbai loses another good dealership and so do I my service station.

Any suggestions on other SS in Mumbai?
Old 21st April 2016, 18:48   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have also been getting the message for the last 15 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
At that point,I tried to keep the MID toggle stalk pressed for a few moments and voila! the reminder vanished.You guys can try it and see if that works for you.Otherwise Ford service stations must have a definite solution to the issue. (My car is a TDCi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
This issue popped up after my first service. I took it to Ford service and they reset the display. Don't know what was done exactly but they told me a firmware update was performed.
Quote:

I have got the service reminder from Ford as well but for the first service! Its only 3 months late after my first service Looks like the service data is not maintained properly.

Update: Holding down the accelerator, brake and the MID stalk as soon as you turn on the ignition (when the SER ON reminder appears) clears the reminder!

(Note that it may just be the accelerator and the brake pedal - obviously I can't test it now )
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 19:08   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Suspends Deliveries and Test Drives of the Figo and Figo Aspire.

Quote:
Ford has not issued any recall at this point and has also not clarified whether the problem is limited to newer lot only or all the models manufactured till date
Quote:
Apparently the carmaker has come across some software concern related to the Restraints Control Module in both the vehicles and is looking into the matter. As of now Ford India has issued a notice to all its dealers asking them to put deliveries and dealer demonstration of both the Figo and Figo Aspire on hold.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-suspe...ome-topstories

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st April 2016 at 19:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:09   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaldahiwade View Post
Update on Aspire and some sad news :

Rats ruin wiring. Came to Wasan ford to fix it. They're fixing it as I type.

Apart, Wasan Ford and Ford India have parted ways. The dealership has been shut down. The service station will be shut in the next month. Sad day as Wasan was the first ford window in Mumbai and has been great in service in the last few months. Mumbai loses another good dealership and so do I my service station.

Any suggestions on other SS in Mumbai?
SC ford is quite awesome, my friends ecosport is being serviced there since 2014 and she has been pretty impressed with it so far.

Its at Goregaon though, so you might have to work out your convenience.
The AG 6167 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:12   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford Suspends Deliveries and Test Drives of the Figo and Figo Aspire.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-suspe...ome-topstories
Its official now!!!

Ford may recall all of 40,000 units sold so far to fix software related issue. ('restraint control module' )

Link to source articles

Quote:
"Ford India may recall 40,000 units of Figo and Aspire; suspends deliveries of both cars"
http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...h-cars/241266/

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2101041_1.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/ford-india-...-issues-675677

Awaiting FORD communication to all its customers!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks