Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 13:36   #1066
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Dear BHPians,

Can anyone who has Figo/Aspire Diesel comment on the Real World Fuel Economy you're getting in city driving ?

I have recently bought Tiago. My Elder Brother is on the verge of replacing his 7 year old Ritz Diesel. I have been given responsibility to choose the car for him. I have kept the Figo/Aspire as the Top Choice.

Fuel Efficiency is the key reason we consider when buying car for city commute, while on outstation trips the Performance factor takes the lead. This 1.5 TDCI is best of both words
I have managed to extract 18-20 kmpl on my diesel Figo Aspire in city and up to 28 kmpl on highway at constant 80kmph speed with few rushed overtakes.
KreativeGeek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 14:17   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Dear BHPians,

Can anyone who has Figo/Aspire Diesel comment on the Real World Fuel Economy you're getting in city driving ?

I have recently bought Tiago. My Elder Brother is on the verge of replacing his 7 year old Ritz Diesel. I have been given responsibility to choose the car for him. I have kept the Figo/Aspire as the Top Choice.

Fuel Efficiency is the key reason we consider when buying car for city commute, while on outstation trips the Performance factor takes the lead. This 1.5 TDCI is best of both words
I have a Figo 1.5D and mine is the least average in city that have been reported here. My daily commute is from Karve Nagar to Viman nagar daily which translates to 15KM one way. The catch though is that it is a travel from West of the city to the East of the city, so in a way I am crossing the whole city which has huge crawling traffic during peak hours. A normal commute is 1 - 1.25 hrs in the morning and 1.25 - 1.75hrs in the evening. I can just manage 15-16kmpl in city.

On highways though, it's 20-22kmpl always. On a mileage run with constant 70-80kmph I could extract 27.5kmpl too!
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 16:09   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Had a Test Drive of the Ford Aspire TDCi today & it just impressed me every bit. The drive was amazing, the car felt effortless to drive & the steering though a bit light had good feedback. Suspension was excellent and silent. AC cooled the cabin rapidy, and the overall experience was good.

The dealer quoted waiting period of 1-2 months for Aspire Titanium Diesel. I had initially thought of Figo, but now I have switched to Aspire because of Bigger Boot & Beige Interiors that feel much specious.

This is an excellent car, But Ford isn't marketing this that well. Enthusiasts like us will know everything about it, but public will gain same if the product is well marketed. The Aspire & Figo just spell VFM.

The Aspire Titanium is priced at 8.80 lakhs,
The Figo Titanium is priced at 8.10 lakhs, while the other cars in the segment Dzire, Amaze, Xcent are all priced higher. The Xcent SX CRDi with Airbags costs 9.70 lakhs which isn't worth for that puny 1.1 L engine.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 18:06   #1069
BHPian

What kind of fuel economy can one expect from the 1.5 DCT version?

Can the owners please chip in with their feed back because I'm not able to find reliable data over the internet.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 15th October 2016 at 18:09.
Old 16th October 2016, 19:46   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post

Can the owners please chip in with their feed back because I'm not able to find reliable data over the internet.
Though I don't have one, but considering Ecosport has same Engine/Gearbox Combo, I am expecting around 9-10 kmpl in City, 15-16 kmpl on highways. Ecosport AT owners can pitch in on this one.

This DCT with the 1.0L EcoBoost would be nice. But I don't see that coming in the next 2 years at least.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:05   #1071

Re: Extended warranty for 4th and 5th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
I got my 1.5 DCT back from the 10k service (with a bill of under 1200!), but the engine has started lugging terribly. May be 5 to 10 times in an hour's commute. Same driving habits. Started driving in sport mode after which it seemed to get better. Is this expected? Anybody else faced it?
The lugging problem didn't occur the next day when I took the car out. Got the wheel alignment, balancing, rotation done yesterday.

I have a question about the rotation. They rotated the wheels in an X - Front Right was swapped with Rear Left and Front Left was swapped with Rear Right. This would change the direction the tyre has been rotating, isn't it? I questioned but they said that's how they do it since the tires are bidirectional. Is this true?
seekay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 12:30   #1072

Quote:

I have been using the Aspire 1.5 DCT for my 40km daily commute for the last 10 months or so. My commute doesn't go through crawling traffic a whole lot, but there are some major intersections. The fuel economy display shows between 12 and 12.5 but I have found the real numbers to be in 11.5 to 12 kmpl range by the full tank method. The worst I have ever seen is probably 10.5 when I had to go through awful old city traffic several times.

Highway mileage should be around 15 to 17kmpl but I haven't done a lot of those.

Hope this helps!
seekay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:38   #1073

Quote:

We have been using the aspire since about 5 months now, the display usually shows 10/11. Not actually tried the full tank method yet, but will do so soon and update... Our usage is 100% in crowded south mumbai crawling traffic usually during peak hours where a 5/6 km commute takes 45 mins to an hour.... But in love with the car so far overall... the AC & suspension cushioning is brilliant and an underseat sub added good oomph to the inbuilt sound system...
Vikram Adani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 19:31   #1074
BHPian

Does Ford make really poor quality reflectors for the Aspire?

I got this damage (Night pic with flash) without any high wattage bulbs. When I went to the service center, I checked out another Aspire with 55/60W bulbs and found that it had similar damage! (Other 3 pics - both reflectors)

Can you guys please check your reflectors to see if you have any damage like this towards the top of the reflector bowl?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20161026wa0009.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20161026wa0010.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20161026wa0007.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20161026wa0008.jpg  

d3mon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 12:04   #1075
BHPian

hello friends,
Ford sent this interesting email with subject line "Introducing DRLs to light up this Diwali"
and the following content.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-capturedrlemail.jpg

and here is the link on Ford Website:
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figoa...ories/exterior

Ford Aspire : Official Review-capturedrl1.jpg

Looks cool in my opinion! but 11k is it justified?
Ford Aspire : Official Review-capturedrl2.jpg
novicefreak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 12:29   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
hello friends,
Ford sent this interesting email with subject line "Introducing DRLs to light up this Diwali"
and the following content.
Ford is desperate.

Although DRL's are for sure a USP in the Indian context, I doubt if that will help here.
Although an accessory, looks like a new feature when fitted , from the pictures.

Last edited by tharian : 27th October 2016 at 12:30.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 16:50   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Can you guys please check your reflectors to see if you have any damage like this towards the top of the reflector bowl?
I checked today and guess what. My Reflectors are damaged too!!

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161029_143606.jpg
Left

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161029_143840.jpg
Right

Have already informed the service centre. They have asked me to visit on 2nd after all the holidays. That's 2 days into my 2nd year - just hope that warranty covers it.
samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 17:32   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I checked today and guess what. My Reflectors are damaged too!!

Have already informed the service centre. They have asked me to visit on 2nd after all the holidays. That's 2 days into my 2nd year - just hope that warranty covers it.
This is definitely a quality issue that Ford needs to look into and issue a replacement or recall; such graying out will surely affect the ultimate lighting efficiency.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 09:25   #1079
Senior - BHPian

One year ago today, we brought home our Aspire and what an eventful year it has been.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_082911.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083033.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083300.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083335.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083508.jpg

Still get that new car feeling, everytime I sit in it.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083528.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_083551.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161101_082937.jpg

My running for years before I bought the Aspire was an average of 7000 kms. But now, despite not being the daily drive, we ended the year at 8257. This is what happens when you look for chances to take that long drive.

Upgrades at the end of year one:
1) Fog Lamps
2) Boot Lights
3) Wider IRVM (anti-glare)
4) Reverse Camera
5) Dashcam
6) Interior Trim painted Glossy black
7) Door Handle + ORVM painted to body colour
8) DIY Noodle mats
9) Chrome Boot Strip
10) Passive Rear Reflectors

(Reverse Sensor also installed but it is not working now. Have to fix the wiring)

"ALL FOR THE BEST"

-Sam

Last edited by samaspire : 1st November 2016 at 09:28.
samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:11   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
4) Reverse Camera
Reverse Camera from Ford or some other brand? The only reason I did not go for reverse camera on my Figo was because they had to replace the IRVM mirror, which did not have day/night functionality( niether manual nor auto-matic).
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks