Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 10:56   #1456
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Yes. I thought I would switch on the parking lights, whenever I would want to have a look at the rear. And it would be on throughout during night.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 12:26   #1457
BHPian

I have noticed that when looked from behind, the rear wheels seems to be tilted inwards. Similar to rear wheels of a diesel auto. Have you guys noticed the same?
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171129_114413.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 13:12   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I have noticed that when looked from behind, the rear wheels seems to be tilted inwards. Similar to rear wheels of a diesel auto. Have you guys noticed the same?
I have also wondered about the same. The rear bumper and the mud flaps are folded inwards as they descend. This is causing an illusion that the wheels are tilted on the opposite side.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 00:55   #1459
Senior - BHPian

The Ford Aspire facelift is here!! This is called the samaspire edition

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171129_205610.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171129_205703.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171129_202828.jpg

Was planning to do this before the 2 years were completed, but got delayed by work.

The grille has been painted gloss metallic black with highlights in maroon. DRLs are fusetapped to start on turning the ignition on. Except for the painting and removing/fitting the bumper, the work was DIY.
samaspire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 09:19   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The Ford Aspire facelift is here!! This is called the samaspire edition
The grille has been painted gloss metallic black with highlights in maroon. DRLs are fusetapped to start on turning the ignition on. Except for the painting and removing/fitting the bumper, the work was DIY.
Nice work. The glossy black finish looks good. The maroon detailing adds a bit of flair to it.
BTW, from the picture, the DRLs look to be bright enough to discomfort incoming traffic. Is that so, or is it the pic that is looking bright?
The reason why I ask this is that I find even the factory fitted DRLs of some cars like the earlier gen i20 to be on the brighter side blinding the opposite traffic during twilight. But certain DRLs like the ones on Baleno, XUV, Audi, BMW, etc are fine.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:00   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Nice work. The glossy black finish looks good. The maroon detailing adds a bit of flair to it.

BTW, from the picture, the DRLs look to be bright enough to discomfort incoming traffic. Is that so, or is it the pic that is looking bright?
Thank you.

The lights do not blind anyone - it's just bright enough to be visible. I've checked before installation. And again after reading your comment.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 15:10   #1462
Senior - BHPian

This photo should give a better idea of the brightness.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171130_085546.jpg
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:08   #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
This photo should give a better idea of the brightness.
Attachment 1701358
Absolutely love these Drls!!.. Could you pleasee share that how much these costed? And from where to source them?
Torquey2300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 09:20   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey2300 View Post
Absolutely love these Drls!!.. Could you pleasee share that how much these costed? And from where to source them?
About Rs.50 per piece
Ordered them from AliExpress for some other purpose but they finally became the DRLs.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171127_131716.jpg

Look for this and order at least 6 (as standby)

The material cost is not much but installation involves removing the bumper and drilling holes in the grill. And wiring to tap the fuse. Will write a DIY thread soon. Should be up by the time your order arrives.

PS: You might want to order a Micro2 Fuse tap, a 10A or 15A micro2 fuse, and an inline fuse as well, to compete the installation.

10Pcs Car MICRO 2 Fuse Adapter Tap Dual Circuit Adapter Holder For Truck Auto Truck
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZjyIvER3

Last edited by samaspire : 4th December 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Add link for Fuse Tap
Old 8th December 2017, 13:34   #1465
BHPian

Samaspire, nice work, especially on the headlights. Can you post more pics from the side as well? I might just copy your design with a can of plastidip, hope you haven't copyrighted it yet

Does anyone know how to remove the gear knob to install a replacement one?

I've watched a ton of videos that all tell me to remove it by unscrewing it counter clockwise, but mine seems completely stuck and just will not budge. Some people suggested going to the gym for a few weeks before trying again, but I'm looking for a faster option.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:55   #1466
BHPian

Today I saw an Aspire with the big FORD lettering on the front grill, like the one on Endeavor. It looked good. Any idea how much it costs? Couldn't take a pic as I was driving.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:39   #1467
BANNED

Can anyone help me out in folding the rear seats of Aspire. I have done aftermarket upholstery so don’t remember the stock setup. I want to check whether there is provision for screwing in ISOFIX bracket. I have a gut feeling the stupids at Ford India decided on saving ₹ 1000 by not installing them as Ford Ka has the ISOFIX. I got the ISOFIX part number so it would be a simple thing to get them and install.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 17:17   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Can anyone help me out in folding the rear seats of Aspire. I have done aftermarket upholstery so don’t remember the stock setup.
The button to fold the rear seats is located on top of the backrest at both the ends of the seat back. Press the button and it should allow you to fold the rear seats.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:23   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Can anyone help me out in folding the rear seats of Aspire. I have done aftermarket upholstery so don’t remember the stock setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The button to fold the rear seats is located on top of the backrest at both the ends of the seat back. Press the button and it should allow you to fold the rear seats.
As far as I know,Aspire does not get the option of folding rear seats found in the Brazilian KA+ sedan.My car has OEM leather seats(Titanium+ TDCi),and I could not find any button to fold the seat-back.
dragonov007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:07   #1470
BHPian

Aspire prices increased after January 1st.
Seems to be a bit steep

Ford Aspire : Official Review-_20180103_160507.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks