Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 04:00   #1816
BHPian

My 185 60 R15 Michelins Xm2 pluses have arrived. Ordered them online from Amazon and they were like 4500 a piece. In offline shops they trade for 5300 a piece so quite some saving there. I have taken a huge gamble with respect to this tyre size. They fit in freestyle and are little less wider than 195 55 R15 so my math tells me they should fit in my Aspire diesel. If they don't, then god save me the hassle!
Old 6th November 2019, 06:58   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Of recent, I'm getting wind noise / whistling sound inside the cabin while going above 70 kmph. Feels like it's coming from the right side but i have not been able to find the source or a draft of wind. Any guesses?
Old 16th November 2019, 11:18   #1818
BHPian

Posting some pictures of areas that are showing early signs of rust in my 2019 manufactured Aspire. Most of these are in the engine bay. The paint and primer coat seem quite thin as a slight nudge from wall while opening the door was enough to expose the metal. I know lot of people out here are quite satisfied with overall paint quality of their Fords but seems like they are cutting some corners with Aspire. I sold my 8.5 old Dzire VDi last year and it had just begun to show such signs. Somewhat disappointed as I chose this brand since I plan to hold on to my car for next 8-10 years. Hope the rusting does not deteorate much.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20191116_10074701.jpeg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20191116_10082901.jpeg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20191116_10101601.jpeg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20191116_10062801.jpeg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20191116_10061101.jpeg  

Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 18:57   #1819
BHPian

Rusting so early is definitely a concern. My 4 year old Aspire also has rusting at some places but then it has gone through many repaint jobs and I assume some of them were not done thoroughly. As other have commented on the forum, the paint shine and coverage are good but there is not much depth to the paint. A minor scratch reveals what is underneath.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 12:14   #1820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Somewhat disappointed as I chose this brand since I plan to hold on to my car for next 8-10 years. Hope the rusting does not deteorate much.
Most of these seem superficial rust which is quite commonplace. I don't see a reason to worry just yet. One of the pictures actually is of the door edge which seems to be rubbing along a wall while ingress-egress. Seems the door keeps touching while the person is sitting in & getting out (a good 1 inch of vertical movement of car happens in that action). It will happen to any car regardless of paint quality.

From these pictures - I'd say don't worry.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:06   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Posting some pictures of areas that are showing early signs of rust in my 2019 manufactured Aspire. Most of these are in the engine bay. The paint and primer coat seem quite thin as a slight nudge from wall while opening the door was enough to expose the metal. I know lot of people out here are quite satisfied with overall paint quality of their Fords but seems like they are cutting some corners with Aspire. I sold my 8.5 old Dzire VDi last year and it had just begun to show such signs. Somewhat disappointed as I chose this brand since I plan to hold on to my car for next 8-10 years. Hope the rusting does not deteorate much.
I agree that the paint depth is very poor. Ford has definitely compromised on that. For pictures 1 and 2, just spray WD-40 and wipe it off after 5 minutes. Pic 4, I assume is the boot lock. That's physical damage like pic 3. What is pic 5?
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 13:57   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
What is pic 5?
Its the bonnet lip. Just below the front edge the paint has peeled off exposing the primer.
Old 23rd November 2019, 23:58   #1823

I found this post in a facebook group " Ford Aspire Facelift Owners Indian - #Whyfollow be Unique !! " posted by Vivek Wankar.

Quote:
This bag is from part between front mirror and tyre, (as shown in pic), used for noise reduction.
The bag is black colour and have foam cut pieces in it. Mouse ruined it and i took the bag out. So when i went in Ratnaprabha Ford service centre in Aurangabad, they said they do not have the part and they even do not supply it,( company do not give it, and even the bag do not have part number)
Please help me what to do.
As per OP and comments on the post,its for noise dampening.Can anybody confirm this if its true and what's the real purpose of the bag?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-75603425_993153694378337_2300548620207783936_o.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-76924001_993153981044975_8185607848223309824_o.jpg  

Last edited by Ronak_7 : 24th November 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Content Editing
Ronak_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 09:56   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
As per OP and comments on the post,its for noise dampening.Can anybody confirm this if its true and what's the real purpose of the bag?
I think it's for sound deadening. It's there inside of the rear bumpers too.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...127_140950.jpg
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:14   #1825
BHPian

Most of us do not take any prevention steps to avoid rat infestation in our cars unless something like this happens. Cannot reiterate the importance of regular checking of your engine bay for signs of rat infestation and having some basic protection against them. I have gone through some horrible experiences and think that these measures should be as important as getting a basic accessory kit such as floor mat and mud guards. If you happen to park your car at the same place each day and it runs only on weekends then its a MUST.

I have fixed 5-6 iron bristled brushes in my new Aspire along with a few pepper sprays occasionally. Still have found rat poop and their feet marks occasionally. What a hardy creature!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 23:51   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
I found this post in a facebook group " Ford Aspire Facelift Owners Indian - #Whyfollow be Unique !! " posted by Vivek Wankar.

Its there on my MY 2017 as well. It must be reducing the sound from the engine bay and tyre sound.
Old 26th December 2019, 10:15   #1827

Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 DCT long term ownership review

I have an Oct 2015 Ford Aspire 1.5 DCT Petrol in Mumbai. My experience over 69,000 km so far has been quite positive. My daily drive consists of a 15km one-way commute and a 130km one-way drive once a week over the expressway.
Positives :
• Good looks, proportionate for a sub-four meter sedan
• Spacious interiors, rear arm rest, good leg room at the back as well (I am 5’ 11”)
• Convenience of an automatic
• Quick shifting Dual Clutch transmission, combined with terrific power of the 1.5L engine
• Responsive & well weighted steering
• Very good handling, takes corners at speed easily.
• High speed stability, easily keeps up with much more expensive hardware on the expressway
• Sorted ergonomics, indicator stalk on the right, helpful lane change indicator, steering wheel mounted controls, comfortable seats & driving position, good visibility
• Good cooling with automatic climate control
• Hill hold assist is a boon on inclines
• Reassuring brakes
• Creep function is a good to have in traffic
• Decent mileage – average 13kmpl so far with mixed driving with continuous AC
• Adjustable head rests for front & rear passengers
• Decent sized boot
• Reasonable maintenance costs (I had a Hyundai Getz previously)
Negatives :
• Slightly firm ride, road imperfections filter into the cabin at slow speeds
• No front arm rest, no dead pedal, despite being an automatic
• Light coloured seat fabric is difficult to maintain
• Door pads flex when glass windows are raised or lowered
• Boot cover arms intrude into the boot space
• A few rattles over rough roads, not as well put together as a Polo
• Limited dealer presence, inconsistent service experience
• Not as refined & silent as Japanese / Korean cars, engine hum is audible but not unpleasant
• Rear AC vents would have been great. Rear passengers sometimes complain of less cooling when temperature is set to 22-23 degrees C.
• No bottle holders / storage in rear door pads

Overall, it has been a great experience due to the driving pleasure, performance & comfort it offers.

OEM tyres were changed at 58K km to Bridgestone (same specs as OE tyres), brake pads changed at 65K km. Ford replaced the DCT clutches as a recall at 20K km. Window switches have had to be replaced at 65K km. On an average annual routine service costs 5 to 6K (without the replacements).
Aspirational is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 08:31   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirational View Post
Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 DCT long term ownership review

Ford replaced the DCT clutches as a recall at 20K km. Window switches have had to be replaced at 65K km. On an average annual routine service costs 5 to 6K (without the replacements).
Was there a recall for the DCT ? I ask because I own a 2016 Figo which just went through a DCT replacement. I was fortunate that I had extended warranty. I am curious to know if you had Ford reach out to you and replace the DCT voluntarily.
Old 30th December 2019, 12:26   #1829

I experienced occasional loss of power, pickup & Ford replaced the clutches when I sent the car for scheduled service at around 20K km.
Aspirational is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 16:56   #1830
BHPian

Did a 900 kms Surat-Pune-Surat trip last week and performance of the car was simply brilliant. Even at 85k kms, the pickup and performance of the car was as good as when it was brand new. Still now there are no squeaks, no rattles from the car.

The car was driven aggressively throughout the trip but still managed to get a FE of 22 kmpl. FE was the last thing on my mind but glad that even after such high speed driving, the car managed to return such good FE figures.

The more I drive this car.... The more I want to drive it
auto_enthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed