Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2020, 19:34   #1846
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I got the chance to drive out today. The following were the RPMs in 5th gear for the corresponding speeds.
I own a pre-facelift Aspire (S edition) , and I can confirm that the engine RPMs you have mentioned for the facelifted Figo almost match with my vehicle. Maybe the variation in RPM is not just due to the tall gearing but also due to the larger 195/55 R15 tire size on S edition and facelifted versions.
Old 25th July 2020, 09:34   #1847
BHPian

On my Ford Freestyle 1.5 TDCi, I got a PCM firmware update for released by Ford India for the excessive smoke issue. From then, the power delivery has become more linear. The kick is clearly missing.

Is it possible to get back to the previous PCM firmware?
Viraj.515 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 09:50   #1848
BHPian

Was this update done at FASS? Better check with your dealer on firmware restore.

Was there any significant improvement in the smoke emission?
Old 28th July 2020, 03:24   #1849
BHPian

First accident of my 2017 Aspire TDCi

I was returning home from work, mostly empty road due to partial Lockdown going on in Kolkata & surrounding.

Stopped at a red signal. A Tata 107 (ACE) stopped right behind me. Within few seconds, driver of that Tata 107 decided to change the lane as second lane beside me may allow him to move a car or two ahead.

Unfortunately he misjudged the gap between him & me as that 107 had an extra metal bumper attached (totally illegal).

and bang

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20200728_031454.jpg

Notice the extra metal bumper guard installed in front

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20200728_032007.jpg

Result is a nasty dent.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20200728_032229.jpg
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 08:35   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
First accident of my 2017 Aspire TDCi

I was returning home from work, mostly empty road due to partial Lockdown going on in Kolkata & surrounding.
That's sad. From the pictures I think it's should be an easy fix. The hot water trick should work here considering there is minimal paint scuffing.
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 23:31   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Was this update done at FASS? Better check with your dealer on firmware restore.

Was there any significant improvement in the smoke emission?
Yes. It was done at FASS. The smoke has reduced by almost 80%.
Viraj.515 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 13:38   #1852
BANNED

When you look at the engine bay you'll really unlike the car, but if get used to it it's a good car. Compared to Japanese cars ford has some quirks like plastic fuel line, integrated ignition coil. Unimpressive routing of cabling. Ford really excels in structural design, driving dynamics and better suspension design.
Old 28th August 2020, 17:21   #1853

Just learnt that SC Ford workshop in Mumbai has closed down. So that leaves only one workshop, Bhavna Ford, in Mumbai for Ford cars. Or is there any other option? Not a good situation at all.
Old 28th August 2020, 18:16   #1854
Senior - BHPian

We also have the new Ford Dealer-Satyam Ford in GB Road, Thane.
Old 26th September 2020, 22:19   #1855
BHPian

For my 2017 Aspire TDCi, last annual service (at Ganges Ford Kolkata) was done in February 2020 while oddo being 22.5k.

I complained about rattling sounds from front suspension while going over broken roads.

Initial diagnostic was to replace link rod, lower arm and such to solve the issue. Estimated cost was around 8.5k. I postponed the work as I wanted to take a second opinion before getting the work done since it's way to early for such suspension related work to pop up. Specially when this car is a pampered child of mine.

However due to Covid lockdown I didn't get the chance to go and get the work done.

Last Thursday I booked an appointment for this said job at Ganges Ford Kolkata and went ahead with the said work. After initial inspection, Service Advisor gave a total estimate of around 15k (including vehicle washing, cabin filter change, Alignment/Balancing) for lower arm, ball joints, link rod etc.

He asked me to wait for final assessment after they open up the car.

Few hours later he came with some bad news, not just those parts, entire power steering assembly seems to be at fault. He asked me to leave the car with them for couple of days since ASC wished to take up this matter with Ford for further checking & possible warranty approvals (my car is under 3 years extended warranty).

It took them 3 days in total but Ford gave a generous warranty approval. Total bill as per their system stood at around 43k (plus tax). Most of that came via warranty. My total bill came only Rs. 2339/-.

Although I was disappointed with such premature suspension related parts failure but ultimately satisfied with Ford After Sales Service to see them backing me up at the time of need by honouring their extended warranty.

However, another issue popped up as I reached there to pickup my car. Apparently my battery is about to die.

Cross posting from our Battery Thread,

Quote:
My 2017 Aspire Titanium TDCi (Diesel) is at Ford ASC for some suspension rattle (noise) related issue.

While they work on that problem, Service Advisor has come back with an update about my battery. As per their checks, it's in its last leg & to avoid being stranded, I should consider replacing ASAP.

It's around 3.5 (30k kms) years old & till date I haven't seen any sign of battery related issue.

I wonder what's going on. It seems like batteries now days come with some Apple like chip So many members here have posted about this 4 year time frame for battery needing replacement. Regardless of their different usage patterns

P.S. My stock battery is from "Ford". Completely white outer casing with a single Ford Logo !!

PPS. Does anyone know what's the amp/ah specifications for Ford Figo Aspire Diesel battery? I checked the manual, I there is nothing mentioned apart from 12v. Service Center guys are speaking about 390 CCA (unconventional battery measurement unit). Quick Google search about CCA to amp/ah is pointing to 54ah where as battery suggestion website (like battery wale or battery bhai is suggesting 44/45ah batteries)
Ford ASC is willing to offer Rs. 500/- against the stock battery, while their "Ford" branded battery will cost me Rs. 5200/- (2 year / 40000kms warranty). I am told that using aftermarket battery "may" void my vehicle warranty.

What's the amp/ah specification of our Aspire TDCi battery? 44/45ah or 54 or 62? I don't see any battery manufacturer listing CCA unit for their batteries

Thanks.
Old 5th October 2020, 17:57   #1856

Update at 74,000km / 5years :

Faced some issues with suspension - Double thudding noise, especially over flyover joints, rough roads.
IRVM loose & vibrating.
Driver door jamming.

Took the car to Bhavna Ford, Kalina, Mumbai. They refused to acknowledge the problems - said that the suspension is normal, Ford suspensions are "hard", doors are "tight", IVRM is the same in all Aspires. Made 3 visits to the workshop - drove with different trial drivers, service advisors, but same result. Finally took the car to Select Auto, Dadar. He is recommended in TBHP directory & I have used his services in the past. He diagnosed the issues with one trial ... Shock Abs, Suspension parts, engine mountings, had to be replaced. IRVM, door issues were addressed. Total cost - 29K; but money well-spent. Car now feels as good as new & drives like a dream.

Ford will need to pull up their socks as far as service is concerned in Mumbai.
Aspirational is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:09   #1857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirational View Post
Just learnt that SC Ford workshop in Mumbai has closed down.
Has it shifted to a new location or permanently closed? This was the one in Charkop Gaon, Kandivali West, Mumbai right?
Old 5th October 2020, 21:13   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Has it shifted to a new location or permanently closed? This was the one in Charkop Gaon, Kandivali West, Mumbai right?
Now apparently there is only Bhawna Ford Service Center located at Kalina for all Mumbai owners. There is one at Mira Road then and other at Thane. Hare Krishna Ford has also shut shop and the one at Powai has moved on to Kia Motors. Ambiguous time for all Ford owners especially for prospective owners. However, Bhawna will be the last to go and will go only if the company shuts shop. However, you never know...it is 2020.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 11:07   #1859
BHPian

My 2017 Aspire stock wipers lasted around 3.5 years. Needed to replace them so ordered some frameless wipers from Amazon.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20201012_105527.jpg

Installation was bit tricky but after trying for 15/20 mins, I figured out the process and got it installed without any trouble.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20201012_105616.jpg

They are looking good but yet to test their effectiveness in rain. I have kept the old wipers in boot, just in case.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-psx_20201012_105555.jpg

I got these two at Rs. 299/- under some offer in Amazon.

Thanks.
Old 12th October 2020, 11:14   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 2017 Aspire stock wipers lasted around 3.5 years. Needed to replace them so ordered some frameless wipers from Amazon.

They are looking good but yet to test their effectiveness in rain. I have kept the old wipers in boot, just in case.

I got these two at Rs. 299/- under some offer in Amazon.

Thanks.
Which brand are these?

For some reason, the frameless wiper I used on my Aspire as well as old Figo never gave a clean wipe. I have tried both Hella and Bosch and neither of them work well and hop a lot if there is no enough water. Now I am back to the standard wipers from Bosch.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks