Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 19:50   #166
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
As long as you have the "right" to cancel the car after the PDI, it should be fine.

On the accessories..If something exists which you don't want and can be easily removed, you should do it. If not, at least try to get a discount!
I haven't paid them anything except the booking amount of 5k. I will do a PDI and then only proceed to signing any papers or making payments; so I think will have complete right to proceed or walk out of the showroom if anything is suspicious.

On the accessories, I will try to ask for some discount if some accessory is not removable. But if there is some accessory that I 'dislike' but it is not removable I am definitely not going to pay for it.

Today their finance guy collected the documents for loan and said that he will update on Tuesday. Since the car is already ready it should not take long after that.
Old 24th October 2015, 20:01   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I admit its a very good product and far better than the competition. But I fail to understand this mad rush. (Last week I saw a huge crowd in trident Renault ). The top end model costs around 4.5l on road. One can get an i10 or Wagon R(or other similar products from maruti) for another 1 lakh or so. Does that not make sense?
It's a price sensitive segment and 1l makes a big difference. Also IMO Renault has been successful in creating an image of a no nonsense and rugged carmaker with the masses. It will be interesting to see whether they can sustain the momentum once this initial euphoria dies.
C300 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 23:24   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I haven't paid them anything except the booking amount of 5k. I will do a PDI and then only proceed to signing any papers or making payments; so I think will have complete right to proceed or walk out of the showroom if anything is suspicious.

On the accessories, I will try to ask for some discount if some accessory is not removable. But if there is some accessory that I 'dislike' but it is not removable I am definitely not going to pay for it.

Today their finance guy collected the documents for loan and said that he will update on Tuesday. Since the car is already ready it should not take long after that.
Great... good luck with the PDI! The finance approval is fine. The finance is blanket on the model of the car and not "A" particular allotted car. You can always back down from finance as well without obligations.

Do update how things go. Good luck!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:32   #169
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Full Accessories Price List

Renault Kwid : Full Accessories Price List

Most recent update from Renault Calicut. The better looking ORVM(expected to be internally adjustable) will be available after 2 months.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-pl.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20151025wa0036-1.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 25th October 2015 at 16:37.
SandyX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 19:32   #170
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Full Accessories Price List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Renault Kwid : Full Accessories Price List

Most recent update from Renault Calicut. The better looking ORVM(expected to be internally adjustable) will be available after 2 months.

Attachment 1430893

Attachment 1430894
Any info on the alloys? :(
Old 25th October 2015, 22:04   #171
BHPian

Have the vehicle deliveries started or is it a case of all show and no action. I have not seen a single Kwid on the road in Chennai .

Its been quite a long time since the car was revealed,bookings started and prices announced. For example after the Creta launch , I started seeing them sprouting like mushrooms everywhere within a week.

People seem to have fallen for the SUV like look. Otherwise in a competitive segment like this where the Figo costs only 70000 extra and is a couple of segments higher in overall build and quality,not to mention a much powerful engine I am surprised at the waiting time and the sheer number of bookings.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 11:30   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Have the vehicle deliveries started or is it a case of all show and no action. I have not seen a single Kwid on the road in Chennai .

Its been quite a long time since the car was revealed,bookings started and prices announced. For example after the Creta launch , I started seeing them sprouting like mushrooms everywhere within a week.

People seem to have fallen for the SUV like look. Otherwise in a competitive segment like this where the Figo costs only 70000 extra and is a couple of segments higher in overall build and quality,not to mention a much powerful engine I am surprised at the waiting time and the sheer number of bookings.
Ragavsr, I am with you. But people who buy in this segment mostly decide based on the other's opinions. I am not generalizing here, also if they are first time car buyers, they will be worried to spend additional thousands, forget about lakhs. Also you are talking about the top end kwid. But mostly people will buy the mid variant and gap between the prices will be more.

Last edited by vennarbank : 26th October 2015 at 11:32. Reason: additional inputs.
vennarbank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:44   #173
BHPian

Renault has registered trademark for probably upcoming beefed up versions of Kwid: Kwid Racer and Climber! Read more here - http://www.ibtimes.co.in/renault-kwi...s-india-651959

Last edited by KreativeGeek : 26th October 2015 at 15:45.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:07   #174
BHPian

Renault Kwid Alloy Wheels

Price: Rs. 24,500/-

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/10/car...d-dealerships/

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidaccessoriesalloys.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidchromeaccessories.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidaccessorieschromegrille.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-cspxbrnuyaal3zg.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 26th October 2015 at 19:11.
SandyX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 21:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Renault decided to go against the two big daddies - Maruti and Hyundai. They concentrated on the 3 important aspects which we love in our cars - styling, space and affordability. The result of this is what you see here, the Renault Kwid.
Very well said. But sometimes, we forget about the service experience which kills the overall product experience. In this same thread, I see so many BHP-ians furious about the Renault service. If Renault service centres go the VW way, then it would be tough for Renault to maintain the sales momentum in the entry level space where many customers (at least in Tier II/III cities) rely on word-of-mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Kwid pricing gave me another problem.
So here I was looking at RXT/RXT(O) variants. (Maximum you get is the driver side airbag)
Pricing was Rs.4,41,263 / Rs. 4,51,912. (Depot charges Rs 6000/- + Essential accessories Rs 6500/-)
This is something I really hate with Indian car dealers. They force customers to pay for high insurance premiums, accessories, handling, depot and what not!
If you factor in all the extra amount Renault dealers are charging and compare that with the discounts on existing cars, difference between most of the cars from the segment above would be negligible. Perhaps, Renault needs to step-in to make sure its dealers don't loot the customers.
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 22:17   #176
BANNED

A friend has booked a Kwid RXT and is given a delivery time of April 2016!! I have told him to approach other dealerships.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria

So here I was looking at RXT/RXT(O) variants. (Maximum you get is the driver side airbag)
Pricing was Rs.4,41,263 / Rs. 4,51,912. (Depot charges Rs 6000/- + Essential accessories Rs 6500/-)
This is something I really hate with Indian car dealers. They force customers to pay for high insurance premiums, accessories, handling, depot and what not!
If you factor in all the extra amount Renault dealers are charging and compare that with the discounts on existing cars, difference between most of the cars from the segment above would be negligible. Perhaps, Renault needs to step-in to make sure its dealers don't loot the customers.
Got the final quotation from Calicut dealer today. This is the kind of billing one should expect. I've no idea what the 5k & 6.5k figures mentioned in the above post. The essential accessories(mat+mud flaps) are included in the basic accessories item worth 1680/-. Even the handling charges came down a tiny bit from the initially quoted 5k. I wonder what might those 6.5k worth accessories be.

The 8.5k worth accessories in the bill are the extra ones selected and not part of the stock package.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Yes, the waiting period is now touching 6-7 months, so April estimate isn't surprising. Unlike what someone mentioned above, "the top trims RxT and RxT(O) though are the ones managing to be the most in demand. The mid-level variant, RxL seems to have lesser demand while the base variant RxE is not such a high seller."

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/10/car...aiting-period/
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:28   #178
Senior - BHPian

On road INR 4.3 Lac for KWID is on the higher side. The dealers are making higher margins compared to the manufacturer here.

- About INR 4,500 is higher for the BtoB insurance
- Accessories and accessories for INR 1,680 and INR 8,500 would have margin of about 4,000 for dealer again
- Dealer has smartly hidden Logistics within Registration - I would assume about INR 1,500 here as margin

and finally margin on the ex-showroom price of the car would be a minimum of 8% (that is industry norm) - INR 30,000; MSIL may be slightly low but then there are volumes to sell.

Put together about INR 40,000 is pocketed by dealer. Since this is a fast moving product, there are no inventory costs / interest on stocked cars as 100% advance would be taken by the dealers from end customers against the allocation of the car (VIN allocation) or a very small interest cost if the payments are taken before release of car.

Small cars with least holding period in the stock yard are always good for dealers because they make money like FMCG players and for now this is what is happening for

- KWID (Renault)
- Ecosport (Ford)
- Creta (Hyundai)
- Alto (MSIL)

The bloc which are being sold without any discounts.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:42   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
On road INR 4.3 Lac for KWID is on the higher side.
Maybe. It was 4.16 lacs before but then extended warranty & accessories were added. I don't think most of the accessories selected could be bought outside dealer, so gotta make peace with them making some profit.

Renault Kwid bookings Closed for Top & Base Variant, 50000+ Booking Received (now 9 months waiting period)

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidbookingclosed1002x640.jpg

Quote:
The current production capability of the Kwid at the plant in Chennai is 5000-6000 cars per month, however, with the 38000+ (Update: 50000+) bookings received PAN India, we have go to wait for this Renault Baby by upto 9 Months.
http://gaadiwaadi.com/renault-kwid-b...ariant-401314/
SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:51   #180
BHPian

Now the news that bookings are closed for the too end and the base variants. That is absolutely ridiculous. Plus a waiting period of upto 9 months for an already placed order ? This would be a perfect example of a marketing disaster which would be taught in business schools. Similar to the Tata Nano fiasco in 2009 which branded it the cheapest car and doomed it.

Once the initial hoopla and hype dies off - Renault will have a tough time. Don't think 50000 bookings is a lot - especially in the mas market segment - as Maruti sells about 20000 Altos every single month !
deltheking is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks