Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2015, 18:08   #196
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Looks like deliveries have started. Saw a silver coloured Kwid last evening and it looked smashing. The cladding adding to the contrast of the silver colour. Has very good road presence and is a refreshing change from all the usual cars in the segment.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 07:19   #197
BHPian

We should definitely appreciate for a bold step by Renault. Even after lots of unsuccessful attempts, at least they got the customers to take a note of their offering. 50K booking is a testament to that.

Me too saw a silver color Kwid in Pune last afternoon. It's a new delivery and could see all rituals done before hitting the road (garlands + cosmetics). 180mm ground clearance is giving a good stance for this vehicle. It made me to slow down and look again to take a note of the ground clearance. Good road presence too! IMHO, Renault really got a good alternative here to contend with to say the least!
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:08   #198
BHPian

Its have been more than a month over the Kwid's launch & still No ownership thread of it across the forum.
C'mon friends, if any one from us have brought or booked one, then please do share your experiences.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:42   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Renault Kwid bookings Closed for Top & Base Variant, 50000+ Booking Received (now 9 months waiting period)

Attachment 1431591

http://gaadiwaadi.com/renault-kwid-b...ariant-401314/
Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
It is not even about displacing a leader in a specific segment. Their marketing, launch, static inventory, and future logistics should have shown some holistic planning. It is equivalent to creating a hype (in waves) and then reaping the rewards. Who suffers. The end-point customer. They successfully created a segment brand, now are failing at stage one. Really weird.
Well said, asingh1977.

But all this, could be a part of strategy as well.
A New manufacturer(or in better words not so experienced at a place where they're going to operate), an all new product & a completely new segment. Definitely a sensible manufacturer should refrain from pushing as much units as possible strategy initially, reason being the product is a result of all new ideology, no wonder how much it is tested but when it comes to right hands(i.e customer's hands) for its real world performance it is very much prone to niggles, No.1.
Even if the product gets some mine glitches, that can be rectified from the oncoming batches, so that brand value & product reputation & perception can be maintained.

Another being still the product is fresh & manufacturer is new or has not worked with high volumes previously, so most probably After sales support channels(spare parts inventory, workshops) may not be completely ready to hold that volumes, No.2.

So with keeping some factors in mind, manufacturers usually opt to have limited dispatch of the product to just make it visible on road, just to increase curiosity & brand value rather than truly pushing the volumes to be used by the masses.

There could be another reason also, like Supply constraints e.g. for top end RxT(O) variant airbag could be the constraint here, as still its an imported unit here in India whose supply could be limited & for mass product it could be a constraint, No.3.

Meanwhile, if a product strucks a right note in getting popularity, then this moment becomes opportunity for the manufacturers to encash the long queue for the product by various means.

Or on a lighter note, a manufacturer doesn't want to sell the car, as they are happy with its long list of bookings & want to encash that moment is a bit of short-term concern & manufacturer which wants to have long term sustainenance should refrain from such practice however dealer malpractices can't be ruled out.

Still, even if Renault streamlines their operations within coming 6 months, even then they can have a successful product & smooth road ahead.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:36   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Renault Kwid bookings Closed for Top & Base Variant, 50000+ Booking Received (now 9 months waiting period)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Its have been more than a month over the Kwid's launch & still No ownership thread of it across the forum.
C'mon friends, if any one from us have brought or booked one, then please do share your experiences.
Here in Guwahati the dealer is happily accepting bookings of all variants of Kwid. As told by the sales rep they had about 700 bookings till October 31. I booked an RXT (O) of outback bronze colour on 31st evening. I have been given a tentative delivery time of February or March next year. Though no Kwid has been delivered yet, we were told that they have about 45 cars ready for delivery.
tortoiseNhare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:06   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Looks like deliveries have started. Saw a silver coloured Kwid last evening and it looked smashing. The cladding adding to the contrast of the silver colour. Has very good road presence and is a refreshing change from all the usual cars in the segment.
Agreed!
Considering the other cars in its segment, it has much better road presence. I have seen a 5-6 red colour Kwids parked in front of the Renault showroom, and they look really good. All of them wore red colour number plate.
So far, I have not seen any other colour. Also not sure whether they have started delivering cars.

Has anyone from this forum taken delivery of this car?
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:38   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Here in Guwahati ... I have been given a tentative delivery time of February or March next year
Exactly the reason why I cancelled my booking from Ghy dealership because even though I had booked it on September using the App, the dealer gave me the same response, delivery from February or March

I had booked on dimapur also on the same date, i.e. September. And the dealer over there was much more forgiving when it came to delivery dates. He said that I might be getting my car in the first or second batch. The dealer told me that the first batch (consisting 15 cars or so) would be reaching this week, Excited
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Also not sure whether they have started delivering cars.
Yes, they have started the deliveries. Here in Jaipur at least.

These pics were taken on 20th Oct. Along with the grey Kwid you can also see a silver one beside the Duster being readied for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20151020_180141_hdr_1446447986299.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20151020_180133_hdr_1446447976972.jpg  

Sherlocked is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:51   #204
BHPian

I saw a brand new white Kwid yesterday evening in Sarjapur Road, Bangalore. The car had ribbons stuck to the bonnet with 4 adults on board. The cladding in the white car added the right contrast. Renault surely has brought a fresh candidate in the sea of altos and eons.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:40   #205
BHPian

Saw two Kwids on-road in Bangalore over the weekend. One on temp plates and the other with KA-02. Have to say, seeing the headlights of the Kwid in my IRVM left me pleasantly surprised. It has an imposing street presence and looks very well in the flesh. A breath of fresh air indeed after all the Altos and Eons on road.
shreyascashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:45   #206

It has now been 2 weeks since I took my top end with airbag Silver Kwid home. The car was taken with a single user (self) use only and it has not disappointed. It was tough to digest the fact that I will have to turn down the window to adjust the mirror, but you learn to live with it! The drive is good, though I am not a fan of the brakes. The music system is OK and the Bluetooth connectivity is an added advantage. I have been stopped at least ten times by people ranging from bikers to those driving a Duster to enquirer about the car! Two weeks into the ownership, I am happy and enjoy it more than my Figo Diesel Titanium purchased last year!
naveen0111 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:51   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen0111 View Post
I have been stopped at least ten times by people ranging from bikers to those driving a Duster to enquirer about the car! Two weeks into the ownership, I am happy and enjoy it more than my Figo Diesel Titanium purchased last year!
Congrats for your purchase, and happy to hear your experience!

Quote:
It was tough to digest the fact that I will have to turn down the window to adjust the mirror, but you learn to live with it!
Have you checked with the dealer for accessories? I think the ORVM with internal adjustment might be available as an accessory.

Please do put together your experiences with the dealer about booking experience, number of days/weeks taken from booking to delivery, any accessories you added, with some nice shots of your car! We are waiting to see the first ownership report!
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:51   #208

I went with a friend to book a Kwid. Although they have the internally adjustable OVRMs as accessories in the brochure it is not available.

Renault Gurgaon had no idea on when the accessories will be available. My friend got a delivery estimate of 8 months although the dealer said that realistically it should be around March 2016.

Except for mats and body cladding they do not have any accessories in stock so I think that there might be a supply chain issue.

One thing I didnot like was that the rear suspension strut are not covered with a black cap as described in the TBHP review. An audio upgrade is also advised as the speakers are pathetic.
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:12   #209
BHPian

Finally after months of waiting (6 months to be precise), I finally got to see Renault KWID in the flesh. After all these reviews, pictures, leaked shots, I was so happy to see it.

I called up Renault Dimapur in the morning and confirmed about whether the first batch of cars have arrived as per their word (they told me it would reach on the 2nd or 3rd of Nov) and to my amazement they told me that out of the 13 cars that arrived, they have already delivered most of it and only two - three cars remaining.

Asked them about the TD car and they told me that they received only one which is being shared by both Dimapur and Kohima, and to my good luck, the car was taken to Kohima today

Upon reaching Dimapur which took us an hour and ten minutes, I stood spellbound, the car was so awesome to look at, and I kept reminding myself, 2.5 Lakhs, 2.5 Lakhs, 2.5 Lakhs. I know the OTR for the RXT variant isn't 2.5 Lakhs but still I kept repeating the amount in my mind, because considering that the car is built keeping that budget in mind, it was surprisingly so enchanting to look at, it left me wonderstruck.

I was number 96 on the list and they told me that they were bringing in cars and delivering them serially. So uhh.. Good news, I'm gonna get it before Christmas, Bad news, I'm gonna have to wait one more month and also accessories would not be reaching until next year. All in all, a good day.

A few impressions after seeing the car in the flesh:

1. The steering wheel looked cheap in the pics and I thought the quality of the plastics wouldn't be good, but they're surprisingly good, better than I expected.

2. The seats are excellent for its price range, and I felt that they had adequate cushioning to support my frame properly.

3. I adjusted the driver seat and there was still enough room at the rear for my friend. We're both 5'5", short guys rule, haha

4. There was ample seating space for me and my friend at the rear with space for a third person.

5. Wish the rear had been carpeted a little as well.

6. Joining TeamBHP has been the best thing that ever happened to me. I feel like a car guru already, hehe
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-dash.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-steering-wheel.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-front.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-exposed-shocks.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 08:47   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Renault Kwid : Official Review-dash.jpg
I think this is the first image here of a lower variant dashboard. Do you have any pics of the seats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks