Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 11:19   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
A quick update @1.7k kms

We never experienced any substantial body roll even at swerves with full load, also it felt well planted at those speeds during braking. That would've been scary in our old alto/ss80. This contradicts a post above but this's how we felt.
Could be because of the higher load causing a lower GC and better gravity pull. When I tried, the car was not loaded and it was definitely much worse than the Alto K10 which I find really stable for such a small car.
Old 27th January 2016, 11:30   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Could be because of the higher load causing a lower GC and better gravity pull. When I tried, the car was not loaded and it was definitely much worse than the Alto K10 which I find really stable for such a small car.
That should be it. But when we used to do the same loaded moves in alto(not a K10) before, it would tend to step out of line unlike the reassuring manners of the Kwid. Simply put, taking turns at speed feels just like driving in a straight line. Solo speed runs are yet to happen so i wouldn't comment on that.
Old 30th January 2016, 08:59   #303
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kwid is the Autocar India Car of the year

Source: ACI

Quote:
The Renault Kwid has won the 'Car of the Year' award at the Autocar India Awards 2016 held at Taj Lands End, Mumbai on January 29, 2016. Apart from the top award, the Kwid also drove away with the title of 'Hatchback of the Year'.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160129094729_cz5jln6ukaascdv-modified.jpg  

//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 10:25   #304
BHPian

Alloy wheels for Kwid by Neo Wheels are now available for 20k. Two 13" designs are offered by the dealership at the moment, which shared these pics.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-1.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-3.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-4.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-6.jpg

And this is what some people are doing to their Kwids over here! The accessory teams are making a killing.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-tacky.jpg
SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 10:45   #305
BHPian

Quote:
And this is what some people are doing to their Kwids over here! The accessory teams are making a killing.

Attachment 1466363
This Kwid looks awesome from those angles. The chrome aftermarket grill surprisingly looks a lot better than OEM.

Do you have more pictures of it? We would like to see the upgraded rims!
Old 30th January 2016, 13:24   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Do you have more pictures of it? We would like to see the upgraded rims!
Nope this is all i got on that one. It's not too bad a grille compared to other cars but still too blingy for me.

Btw, did 1st service of my Kwid yesterday. Just some tightening & other inspections, but there was a long long queue of Kwids at the dealer's. I really don't think that one dealership which serves like 3 districts can handle the load it's gonna put on the road.

Added a couple more accessories including bumper finisher & door visor which weren't available at delivery. The better looking ORVM is expected by February but dealer is not sure on internal adjustment.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc0170hj3.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01706.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01705.jpg
SandyX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 15:07   #307
BHPian

Quote:
The better looking ORVM is expected by February but dealer is not sure on internal adjustment
Practically speaking, internal adjustment is useless for a single hand driven car. How many times would you adjust the mirror in a day? Once, and maybe the setting stays unchanged for a week. In case of closing/opening mirrors, the non-internally adjustable ones need to be adjusted again and again. But with a seperate outer shell and inner mirror, this problem is solved.

Electric adjustment is useful, as you don't have to stretch to the other side and come back to your seat many times while adjusting.

And the car looks gorgeous BTW.
swift_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 18:38   #308
BHPian

Just got a call at 10:06 am from Rajesh Das of Renault Dimapur. He said that my car is in transit and is presently at the West Bengal Border, about to reach Assam soon, and from there onwards to Nagaland.

For those who don't know, I've been waiting for the delivery of my Kwid since I first booked it on September 25th. After a lot of delays, and an email to Renault, the Dimapur Renault dealer said that a car is being shipped in my name. The sent me a Whatsapp message informing me of that on the 20th of January.

Fast forward to today and I receive a call from Rajesh Das of Renault Dimapur. He tells me that the car is in transit and that a lot of the local people who have booked the car also know of the incoming shipment of Kwids. He says that he cannot guarantee the delivery of my car because of this and that he would have to write a Bill in my name, essentially selling me the car before I even got a chance to inspect it. He tells me that if he doesn't do this, then some of the locals might forcibly try and take my car away.

I don't know what he's trying to pull but it seems like he wants me to say - "Yes, please write the bill in my name. I will gladly take any car since I'm so desperate I won't even bother with a PDI (Sarcasm )

I told him if it happens it happens, but I will not take the car blindly without a PDI and if he can't even arrange for that, he can sell the car to one of the locals.

I don't understand how could anyone take the car when I would be going to Dimapur as soon as and when the car reaches Nagaland. Plus, Rajesh had told me specifically that this car was a special case allotted to me? I'm beginning to wonder whether it was all lies and whether he was trying to take advantage of a new car buyer. Thank God for TeamBHP

Last edited by wadewilson : 30th January 2016 at 18:53. Reason: Grammatical Errors
Old 30th January 2016, 19:12   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Just got a call at 10:06 am from Rajesh Das of Renault Dimapur. He said that my car is in transit and is presently at the West Bengal Border, about to reach Assam soon, and from there onwards to Nagaland.

I don't understand how could anyone take the car when I would be going to Dimapur as soon as and when the car reaches Nagaland. Plus, Rajesh had told me specifically that this car was a special case allotted to me? I'm beginning to wonder whether it was all lies and whether he was trying to take advantage of a new car buyer. Thank God for TeamBHP
Rubbish. So Rajesh Das can give the locals on-spot/early delivery (when they force him to ) and other non-locals have to wait for 3-4 months? If this is the case, you should consider hiring goons and get your car delivered tomorrow itself! All this means the SA himself is corrupt. He adds that this car is alloted to you, so without your permission or cancellation request, they cannot give it to someone else. This is a car dealership and not a fish market. You are spending 3 Lacs and not 300 bucks.

You made the right decision, first do a thorough PDI and then get it billed against your name. And you should not tell him to sell the car to someone else if PDI can't be arranged, because he will simply refuse PDI and give the car to someone else (maybe for a premium!). Tell him that he *HAS* to arrange for a PDI or you are complaining to the seniors at the dealership. Coordinate with him and reach the stockyard as soon as the lot arrives, do a PDI and give a thumbs up. Locals are definitely not so desperate to take your car only (there will be many others in the lot) and they won't be waiting outside the stockyard with cash, right?

These are just tricks by your SA. Believe me they can get as shameless as you allow them to be. Be strict, don't focus on personal relationship ('What the SA would think of me' type) and get your car delivered according to your satisfaction. Walk away!
swift_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:28   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Rubbish. So Rajesh Das can give the locals on-spot/early delivery (when they force him to ) and other non-locals have to wait for 3-4 months? All this means the SA himself is corrupt. He adds that this car is alloted to you, so without your permission or cancellation request, they cannot give it to someone else. This is a car dealership and not a fish market. You are spending 3 Lacs and not 300 bucks.

You made the right decision.. Walk away!
Thank you, I'm planning to cancel my booking and advise buyers from my region against this SA, Rajesh Das. A few days back, I had called him and asked about the scuff plates accessory and he had this to say - "Sir, I already placed an order for it but Renault is refusing to ship it to us". When I heard him say that, I was all the more confused as to why would Renault even refuse to send accessories to its dealer, never knew that relations between the parent company and dealers were this hostile, weird 0_0

Anyway, I'm thinking of increasing budget and going for the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza or some other car from another manufacturer instead
Old 30th January 2016, 20:20   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thank you, I'm planning to cancel my booking and advise buyers from my region against this SA, Rajesh Das. A few days back, I had called him and asked about the scuff plates accessory and he had this to say - "Sir, I already placed an order for it but Renault is refusing to ship it to us". When I heard him say that, I was all the more confused as to why would Renault even refuse to send accessories to its dealer, never knew that relations between the parent company and dealers were this hostile, weird 0_0

Anyway, I'm thinking of increasing budget and going for the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza or some other car from another manufacturer instead
Why? Cancelling booking means your loss only, the SA will find another person to complete his target. Since you have waited for over 3-4 months for this car, I think you should hold on to the booking until and unless you are dissatisfied with the Kwid. Cars like Kwid, Baleno, etc. have long waiting periods, don't lose hope. You have to deal with the SA for 1 week, and enjoy your car for the next decade! So do not let SA's foolish behaviour let you down.

Vitara Brezza would be priced upwards of 6.5 Lac. You can look at WagonR/Celerio/Swift/Dzire/Brio/Punto Evo/Amaze/Xcent/Figo/Grand i10 and the like. Figo is running some good discounts, you should confirm from dealers near your area.
swift_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 23:27   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Why? Cancelling booking means your loss only, the SA will find another person to complete his target. Since you have waited for over 3-4 months for this car, I think you should hold on to the booking until and unless you are dissatisfied with the Kwid. Cars like Kwid, Baleno, etc. have long waiting periods, don't lose hope. You have to deal with the SA for 1 week, and enjoy your car for the next decade! So do not let SA's foolish behaviour let you down.
Thank you once again for the words of encouragement swift_guy. I was about to cancel but after reading your post, it made me change my mind. I was pretty frustrated that time with the way in which this particular SA is trying to manipulate the sale like this. Will be going after a few days with Dad and Uncle to talk to his superiors about this and also possibly to bring the new car home
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:52   #313
BHPian

KWID 1 ltr variant spied somewhere in Europe,

Renault Kwid : Official Review-kwid.jpg

At the upcoming Auto Expo, Renault will debut two new variants of Kwid – one featuring AMT transmission and the other with a more powerful 1 liter engine.

The KWID with the 1 ltr engine has been seen exported to various countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
20 units of KWID has been exported to 7 countries for R&D purpose since Aug'15. Note that the shipment includes both 800cc and 1000cc

Attachment 1460306
Note: Romania - 1 Unit is hidden

Attachment 1460307
zauba.com
https://www.rushlane.com/renault-kwi...-12181237.html

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11601291...rope-after-all

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 1st February 2016 at 14:54.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:33   #314
ISO
BANNED

Just recently I had taken test drive of Kwid.

It looks ugly from inside. There is too much engine noise inside the cabin. Seats look puny. Digital Dashboard look pathetic.

For potential buyers, Alto 800 is much much better than this car.
ISO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:46   #315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Renault have tuned this engine to maximize economy. The ARAI rating is 25.17 km/l; the Nano (23.6 km/l), Alto 800 (22.74 km/l) and Eon (21.1 km/l) are behind. With its light kerb weight & small 3-cylinder engine, the Kwid will deliver consistently good mileage figures.
IMO, the GenX Nano manual has a fuel efficiency of 25.3 kpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks