Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 15:13   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Has any one else experienced a sudden loss of power in stop and go traffic with AC running.

It happens once in a while and it is immediately followed after the engine Lugs a bit.
You assume that the car has stalled but power to the car resumes shortly.

Its the 800cc Kwid.
I have experienced this. The problem occurs when you have stopped the car, zero accelerator input and when you depress(more than 50%) the accelerator all of a sudden- Boom, no response from the engine. Release the accelerator, change the the gear and you are all set immediately. If you continue in same gear, it takes a while for the engine to respond back. Count that as a negative score to the engine. Other solution is, when on halt, keep the rpm slightly above idling speed, I believe when AC is on, there is too much load on engine and gets confused if to switch off or continue!
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 15:49   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Has any one else experienced a sudden loss of power in stop and go traffic with AC running.

It happens once in a while and it is immediately followed after the engine Lugs a bit.
You assume that the car has stalled but power to the car resumes shortly.

Its the 800cc Kwid.
This used to happen to me on our Kwid 800. However, it was resolved by an ECM update. Do check if you can get the ECM updated with the latest version.
Old 20th June 2018, 19:52   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault KWID face-lift spied on test in Southern Europe,

Quote:
there won’t be any drastic design improvements. The rugged, easy-on-the-eye exterior will receive only a couple of minor tweaks, like a revised front bumper with new fog lamps and a restyled rear bumper

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidfaceliftspyphoto.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renault1kwidfaceliftspyphoto.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renault2kwidfaceliftspyphoto.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 09:40   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault KWID face-lift spied on test in Southern Europe,

Attachment 1773515
Does the embossed edges around fog lamps hint at DRL's for top variant? They should have provided adjustable ORVM's in the facelift version.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st June 2018 at 09:42.
Old 9th July 2018, 17:45   #620
Senior - BHPian

Recently completed the third free servicing and below is a strange observation at 20200 kilometers on the odo.

While downshifting from 3rd gear to 2nd, it seems that the gear lever gets stuck at times. During this time, I cannot move to 4th as well from 3rd. Apparently it seems that the lever gets stuck somewhere in the middle. Pressing the Accelerator pedal only produces the engine whine. The condition itself mitigates after sometime, without any identifiable stimuli from my end. Till now, I have faced this situation twice.

Please advise if any one else has faced such a situation and if yes, what is the cause and solution?
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 20:56   #621
Team-BHP Support

Another zero star performance for the Renault Kwid, this time in the ASEAN NCAP -

http://www.aseancap.org/v2/?p=4226

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 15:38   #622
BHPian

Can you please let me know the price for the underbody plastic cover? TIA
Old 16th July 2018, 20:08   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Can you please let me know the price for the underbody plastic cover? TIA
Please elaborate. Which part are you talking about? Any images available?
Old 19th July 2018, 12:35   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Please elaborate. Which part are you talking about? Any images available?
I meant the plastic guard for the engine and oil sump posted by another member a few posts back.
Old 19th July 2018, 12:37   #625
BHPian

Has anyone checked out the July Manufactured Kwid. As per the chennai dealer the following has been added and the On-road price is 5.35 INR for the 1.0 RXT(O) AMT

1. Creep Mode
2. Charging socket at the rear
3. Rear Arm Rest
4. Chrome door opening handle on the inside
5. Internally Adjustable Mirrors
6. Front Grill with chrome and a different design.
7. Rear View Camera integrated into the Touchscreen , Camera is placed in the Renault Logo

Last edited by keshav1426 : 19th July 2018 at 12:41.
Old 19th July 2018, 16:36   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Has anyone checked out the July Manufactured Kwid. As per the chennai dealer the following has been added and the On-road price is 5.35 INR for the 1.0 RXT(O) AMT

1. Creep Mode
2. Charging socket at the rear
3. Rear Arm Rest
4. Chrome door opening handle on the inside
5. Internally Adjustable Mirrors
6. Front Grill with chrome and a different design.
7. Rear View Camera integrated into the Touchscreen , Camera is placed in the Renault Logo
I think the dealer is speaking about the kwid facelift which our teambhp member TusharK already shared here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4429907
Old 19th July 2018, 17:39   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I think the dealer is speaking about the kwid facelift which our teambhp member TusharK already shared here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4429907
yes Exactly. Some Dealers have already received it in Chennai and others are asking for a few weeks to deliver the car. I see Creep Mode and Rear camera as the two main advantages. Price has increased as well

While the old RXT(O) AMT is available with dealers for 5.02 OTR , the updated one is at 5.35 with zero discounts.
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 17:16   #628
BHPian

I had sold my Renault Kwid to my Aunt a few weeks ago after 2.5 years of blissful and trouble free ownership. My aunt has had the car for about a month now and my uncle mainly drives it. Coming to the point, he frantically called me up today and told me that the car wouldn't start. I proceeded to his house to check out the car.

To my amazement, the central locking wasn't working either. I changed the battery of the key fob to a new one, but still the car wouldn't unlock. I then inserted the key into the door and unlocked it manually. Then I slot the key into accessory mode and found that the MediaNav turned on without a problem and so did the Auto Dimming IRVM+Rear Camera alongwith the parking sensors. I checked the horn, it came out loud and crisp without any problem.

I then cranked the car but that was about it. The car refused to start. Despite numerous cranking attempts the car just wouldn't start. I then noticed that the instrument cluster wasn't displaying anything either. I called up a Renault Technician I know and he after seeing a video I sent him said that the instrument cluster must have gone kaput and that's why the car wasn't starting as they're interconnected or so he said. He said that there was nothing to worry about and after changing the cluster, the car would be performing well again.

I just want to ask dear Bhpians, have any of you faced a similar problem? Also wanted to share this issue that I faced in the hopes that if I find a solution I can share it with you all as well. Thank you
Old 18th September 2018, 16:05   #629
BHPian

Update: So I was connected to Renault RSA and they arranged a tow truck for the car. However they're heading out for my town just now, which means that they'll reach here around 10 PM or thereabouts and they'll reach the nearest dealership, Nagaon, around 3 or 4 AM in the morning. I'm worried that there won't be anyone to receive the car at the dealership at that unearthly hour. Is it necessary to accompany the tow truck or can I leave it in their hands? Some suggestions would be appreciated because this is the first time I'm using Renault RSA.
Old 8th February 2019, 12:58   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I had sold my Renault Kwid to my Aunt a few weeks ago after 2.5 years of blissful and trouble free ownership. My aunt has had the car for about a month now and my uncle mainly drives it. Coming to the point, he frantically called me up today and told me that the car wouldn't start. I proceeded to his house to check out the car.

To my amazement, the central locking wasn't working either. I changed the battery of the key fob to a new one, but still the car wouldn't unlock. I then inserted the key into the door and unlocked it manually. Then I slot the key into accessory mode and found that the MediaNav turned on without a problem and so did the Auto Dimming IRVM+Rear Camera alongwith the parking sensors. I checked the horn, it came out loud and crisp without any problem.

I then cranked the car but that was about it. The car refused to start. Despite numerous cranking attempts the car just wouldn't start. I then noticed that the instrument cluster wasn't displaying anything either. I called up a Renault Technician I know and he after seeing a video I sent him said that the instrument cluster must have gone kaput and that's why the car wasn't starting as they're interconnected or so he said. He said that there was nothing to worry about and after changing the cluster, the car would be performing well again.

I just want to ask dear Bhpians, have any of you faced a similar problem? Also wanted to share this issue that I faced in the hopes that if I find a solution I can share it with you all as well. Thank you
I never faced it in my Kwid, but they are correct in saying if problem in Instrument cluster then the car will refuse to work (read as immobilizer in works). Car thinks someone trying to cheat hence it will behave dead. Get that replaced and you might be good to go unless something else shows up. for towing, ask them to wait at your to start at right time to reach service center, you also no need to worry to drive along in that odd hours. No need to accompany, but need to make sure they will not divert on the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks