Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 17:19   #496
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

I think that the Art Edition is the worst paint job I have ever seen on a car. Looks absolutely hideous.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 17:21   #497
BHPian

ART

God bless people who will understand this art. A pig, a boy and a girl on scooty - how does it depict Indian Culture, Technology and Innovativeness. Maybe someone can help me understand the fine design
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 00:00   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Presenting the Renault Kwid - the "Art Edition"
Adding some pics and info

Shombit Sengupta who's a French artist of Indian origin has had his artistic hands on the Renault Kwid. The Kwid Art car was inaugurated by Yves Perrin, Consul General of France in Mumbai at ICIA Gallery, Kala Ghoda.

The art car will be sent to Barbizon, France (10 to 27 December 2016) which has a long history with Modern Art. The car will be then be showcased at various art shows and international auto shows after which it will finally have its spot in the Renault Heritage Museum in France.

Ever since Shombit Sengupta left India for Paris in 1973 at age 19, he has not painted any subject pertaining to India. But since the beginning of this 2016 he re-started painting on the India he had spent his childhood in, which is Bengal.

The Kwid art car vividly reflects his French inspiration, Indian colours through 'Ville Enigmatique' where he has juxtaposed historical French Bengal and Victorian Bengal with traditional Bengali life that continues till today.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-sens-art-car.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-sen-painting-top-kwid.jpg

Yves Perrin Consul General of France at the inaguration of Kwid Art Car:
Renault Kwid : Official Review-yves-perrin-consul-general-france-inaguration-kwid-art-car.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renault-kwid-art-car-display-kala-ghoda.jpg

Artist Shombit Sengupta with Philippe Ponceau GM Design Renault:
Renault Kwid : Official Review-artist-shombit-sengupta-philippe-ponceau-gm-design-renault.jpg
Omkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 10:57   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
50,000 units of 800cc select variant of Kwid have been recalled by Renault in order to rectify the faulty fuel system and to add a hose clip.

This recall is applicable for Kwids manufactured between 01st Oct 2015 to 18th May 2016.

Source
What happened to this recall? My Kwid was never recalled for this. Not sure if these changes will be done in my next scheduled service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
The car seems so much smoother now and pulls cleaner as well. Earlier when I'd slow down, then press the accelerator, there would be no response from the engine and many times it used to stall. Also while driving with AC on, the car's engine used to feel strained and it didn't pull smoothly. But after the ECU firmware update, I tried slowing down and then accelerating and voila, the car didn't stall. While coming back, on the highway as well, the car didn't feel strained at all. It seems so much better from before.
@wadewilson - Has the stalling issue recurred after the ECU upgrade. Planning to drop my Kwid to the service center exclusively for this update if it solves the stalling permanently. I also plan to enquire about the recalls and see if they will fit those too

Last edited by Kamikaze : 20th November 2016 at 11:03. Reason: Additions
Old 20th November 2016, 11:48   #500
BHPian

About the recall, i took mine to Renault Calicut yesterday. The following parts were replaced:

1. Entire fuel tank
2. Fuel tank cap
3. A couple of fuel hoses
4. A fuel line clip inside engine bay.

The old design clip was prone to breakage and could rupture fuel lines. Mine was missing. There's no fuel pump issue or replacement involved in this recall. Fuel tank design has been updated to address whatever fuel issues some users faced. I never faced any.

A month ago, the top glovebox lock gave up. Even babying it didn't help it last. Informed the same to SA and the entire glovebox was replaced. The new glovebox lock is of a different design so hope that would fix this issue permanently. LH window winder was loose which too got fixed. The shop floor wasn't very crowded so got the car back in 3 hours against an estimate of 6. I'd highly recommend this dealership as of now.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20161120_111854061.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20161120_111421192.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20161120_111147220.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20161120_111128319.jpg
SandyX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 14:53   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
About the recall, i took mine to Renault Calicut yesterday....
Thanks Sandy! Were you asked to bring the car in for the replacements or did you initiate this yourself?
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:17   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Thanks Sandy! Were you asked to bring the car in for the replacements or did you initiate this yourself?
Ofcourse it was in response to the memo. If qualified, you'll get it by courier.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 12:14   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kwid crosses 1 lakh sales in India

Renault-India's A-segment bestseller, the Kwid, has crossed the 1 lakh sales milestone in it's Indian innings.

This was achieved in 14 months since the Kwid was launched, after which it has been able to garner excellent numbers month-on-month, going up against segment bestsellers such as the Maruti-Suzuki Alto and the Hyundai Eon.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidonelakhcustomers.jpg

The Kwid, with it's crossover stance and bold, aggressive look coupled with spacious interiors and a thoroughly contemporary digital dashboard, has single-handedly put Renault-India back into the profit-making books.

Renault India has also promised that there will be a new variant of the Kwid introduced every year, which will help keep the Kwid firmly in the limelight while offering something new to the customers throughout it's sales innings.