Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 14:18   #511
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

"Renault Kwid 'Live for more' edition launched in India at Rs 2.93 lakh"
Some more details:

On the outside, the ‘Live For More’ edition features red stripes on the bonnet, roof, sides and roof rails, while traces of red can also be found on the grille as well as the wheel caps. The special edition also comes with an integrated rear spoiler, also finished in red.
Inside, the red theme has been carried forward as well, with red pin striping on the steering wheel and red inserts on the door pads.
Notable features like the touchscreen infotainment system on the RXT(O) variant will be offered in the ‘Live For More’ edition.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidliveformoreedition41.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidliveformoreedition11.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidliveformoreedition21.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidliveformoreedition31.jpg

Renault has learnt well from Maruti.
Old 17th January 2017, 21:07   #512
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 'Live for More' Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Renault has launched a special edition model of the Kwid hatchback. Called the 'Live for More' edition, it is an accessory kit that can be fitted to any Kwid trim. This kit will be free of cost on the 2016 manufactured models, while the 2017 models will get it as a payable extra.
Renault seems to be learning from the master (Maruti Suzuki). It looks like their marketing team has really done their research before the Kwid was released.

Launch a new edition of the exact same car with just some cosmetic upgrades barely a year after the car is released, and make it free for all the previous customers.

Good strategy! Way to keep the car in the news, and their previous customers happy. Two birds with one stone

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:35   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Launch a new edition of the exact same car with just some cosmetic upgrades barely a year after the car is released, and make it free for all the previous customers.
From the statement it appears it is free for those who buy the 2016 manufactured car now and not for those who already bought the car.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 08:54   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This kit will be free of cost on the 2016 manufactured models, while the 2017 models will get it as a payable extra.
Good to see an OEM openly state that it is an effort at clearing old stock! Wonder when other OEMs will start doing this.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 14:07   #515
Senior - BHPian

My Kwid has completed its 10K service. I was charged 1.5K for the consumables which included engine oil and other miscellaneous stuff.
I would rate 4/10 for the service. I had pointed out couple of issues which were not rectified. The quality of wash is also below par. I did mention about sound from fuel pump and they have replaced it under warranty. I was told that ECU has been updated.
Post service car has become a little less jerky but has lost a bit of initial accelerator response.
Old 3rd February 2017, 14:34   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My Kwid has completed its 10K service. I was charged 1.5K for the consumables which included engine oil and other miscellaneous stuff.
I would rate 4/10 for the service. I had pointed out couple of issues which were not rectified. The quality of wash is also below par. I did mention about sound from fuel pump and they have replaced it under warranty. I was told that ECU has been updated.
Post service car has become a little less jerky but has lost a bit of initial accelerator response.
Good to know about fuel pump replacement . I too had got it done. But post ECU map update, there is good improvement in NVH, performance and FE.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:59   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good to know about fuel pump replacement . I too had got it done. But post ECU map update, there is good improvement in NVH, performance and FE.
I have seen a significant improvement in NVH after completing about 5-6K KM. This has further improved a bit after the 10K service. During cold starts engine still feels quite rough but post that I find the noise levels comparable with Alto 800. Once inside, Kwid feels far more silent than Alto 800 now.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 15:17   #518
BHPian

Post 2nd service, pretty much every annoyance of the car disappeared. NVH on the inside more than improved along with smoothness of shifts. It has to touch the 6k mark to open up properly. The 2nd gear jerk & dead spot is no longer felt and the car is very smooth in movement at any sane speeds. With such a performing drivetrain, confidence in handling gone even higher. From the outside, there's still that odd engine note at idle which one gotta live with. The alto800 in comparison is very silent. The FE stays anywhere between 10-20 with our kind of use.

About the fuel pump replacement, could this be verified? From what i was informed, the pump stays put but the tank gets replaced.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:20   #519
BHPian

I'm eager to read long term reliability reports. That will be a good indication of the car's build
Old 7th June 2017, 17:52   #520
Senior - BHPian

Renault introduces new graphic schemes for Kwid

Renault has launched new graphic schemes for the Kwid as a part of its 'Live For More' range. The new colours and graphic options will be available with all three powertrain options of the hatchback - 0.8 MT, 1.0 MT and 1.0 AMT.

In total, Renault has introduced 7 new graphic schemes with the Kwid - Sports, Race, Rallycross, Chase, Ziipp, Turbo and Classic. The graphic schemes are distributed over 5 base colour options - Fiery Red, Ice Cool White, Moonlight Silver, Outback Bronze and Planet Grey. The Live For More range also comes with roof rails as standard.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-ihjkl.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwid.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 7th June 2017 at 17:53.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 09:00   #521
Senior - BHPian

Wish the team had launched some stickering to cover up my deeds (in the form of scratches and dents) in the highlighted sections

Name:  KWID.PNG
Views: 2290
Size:  94.2 KB

By the way, can I add a Hella Sharptone directly replacing the stock horns? The stock horns seems to be very soothing to a certain section whereas the Hella Supertones will give me discomfort.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 8th June 2017 at 09:04. Reason: Hella Query added
Old 8th June 2017, 13:23   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

By the way, can I add a Hella Sharptone directly replacing the stock horns? The stock horns seems to be very soothing to a certain section whereas the Hella Supertones will give me discomfort.
I had installed Hella Black Twin Tone from day one. So it is possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3967739

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 15:57   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I had installed Hella Black Twin Tone from day one. So it is possible.
I quickly checked the setup and found that only a single horn is installed. Am I missing the other horn or its just like that with Kwids?

Renault Kwid : Official Review-1496913882611.jpg

Also, If there is only one horn, then how can a twin Hella be fixed out of the box? Can you please advise if you have installed the complete pair of Black Twins or just one?

Sorry for sounding naive, but I am surprised not to find another horn. My understanding was that cars have dual horns...
Old 8th June 2017, 17:02   #524
BHPian

Looks good, even though it may look like Renault trying to a Maruti here. The "Classic" one looks like the Brezza to me.

Quote:
Renault introduces new graphic schemes for Kwid

Renault has launched new graphic schemes for the Kwid as a part of its 'Live For More' range. The new colours and graphic options will be available with all three powertrain options of the hatchback - 0.8 MT, 1.0 MT and 1.0 AMT.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th June 2017 at 17:13. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 8th June 2017, 17:42   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I quickly checked the setup and found that only a single horn is installed.

Also, If there is only one horn, then how can a twin Hella be fixed out of the box? Can you please advise if you have installed the complete pair of Black Twins or just one?
Look for the twins in the circles

Renault Kwid : Official Review-14.jpg

Yes, Kwid has only one horn by default.

My technician did an excellent job to fix this Hella Twins.

The wire is above the radiator (of course with sleeves) inside bumper and of great quality.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks