Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2017, 01:06   #541
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
In the short drive that I had, yes the low end torque of the 800 is pathetic. I had to switch to first gear every time I came across a speed breaker - the 2nd is not good enough in very low speeds.
Exactly. This is the way to move this engine around. Try to lug it in 2nd gear around breakers & the clanks will start. I find the 3rd gear quite good for most tasks once on the move. I'm yet to find any liking for the 2nd, atleast to me it's simply not moving as expected.

I'd say torque is there since it pulls hard in 1st, & doesn't require throttle to get moving even on decent inclines. It auto rev up to climb inclines without any gas & this is something i use all the time for parking. But this punch goes down once slotted into the next.

Once your motor skills tune in, it becomes second nature. Till then, it's a certain kind of work.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 17:49   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the short drive that I had, yes the low end torque of the 800 is pathetic. I had to switch to first gear every time I came across a speed breaker - the 2nd is not good enough in very low speeds.
Im too finding the same issue and it leaves me with ponderance,if I should have gone for 1.0 liter engine. But as long as my better half is safe and happy in it,I dont mind.
Old 28th June 2017, 18:51   #543
Senior - BHPian

How much kilometers on the odo?
I own the 1liter version and have observed that post 2k, there is stark improvement. I can even cross smooth speed breakers in 3rd gear.
Old 3rd July 2017, 00:26   #544
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im too finding the same issue and it leaves me with ponderance,if I should have gone for 1.0 liter engine. But as long as my better half is safe and happy in it,I dont mind.
True Ram, 1.0 would have been a better option but if it is primarily driven in the city then I think the 800 is pretty capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
How much kilometers on the odo?
I own the 1liter version and have observed that post 2k, there is stark improvement. I can even cross smooth speed breakers in 3rd gear.
Mine is now done around 450kms. Did a drive to Lonavala last weekend and it gave an amazing mileage of 21kmpl.

Also got the Live for More decals on the car yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20170701wa0004.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2017, 07:25   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also got the Live for More decals on the car yesterday.
The decals look excellent. How are they priced?
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:44   #546
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Majumdarda,
I am not sure of the pricing but I guess these are provided complimentary by the dealers across the Kwid range / variant.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 16:01   #547
Senior - BHPian

@V12..21kmpl is excellent. Im still to check mine as we just crossed 100km..
Old 7th July 2017, 18:12   #548
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This question may sound stupid - but I have to ask. Does the headlight have a glass/plastic base at the bottom or does it use the bumper as a base? The reason I also asking is I noticed a lot of dirt and water accumulating inside the headlight area (not sure if it is inside the headlight or between the headlight and the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwid05.jpg  

Old 7th July 2017, 18:15   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the headlight have a glass/plastic base at the bottom or does it use the bumper as a base? The reason I also asking is I noticed a lot of dirt and water accumulating inside the headlight area (not sure if it is inside the headlight or between the headlight and the bumper.
It does seem to have a base going by the stripes on the bottom. However I think the base is transparent due to which dirt between headlamp and bumper can be seen from above. This is purely my guess by looking at the pic.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 18:20   #550
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It does seem to have a base going by the stripes on the bottom. However I think the base is transparent due to which dirt between headlamp and bumper can be seen from above. This is purely my guess by looking at the pic.
That's what u thought too - but I noticed that the headlights started misting when the car was being washed? Any idea if the headlight is completely sealed?
Old 7th July 2017, 18:25   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's what u thought too - but I noticed that the headlights started misting when the car was being washed? Any idea if the headlight is completely sealed?
Yes the headlight must be completely sealed. No reason for concern there, I think. Many times the headlights start misting while washing even in our Xcent. Someone else had reported the same on Grand i10 as well (BHPian skanchan most probably). There isn't much we can do about that.

Last edited by AkMar : 7th July 2017 at 18:27.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 21:56   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Yes the headlight must be completely sealed. No reason for concern there, I think. Many times the headlights start misting while washing even in our Xcent. Someone else had reported the same on Grand i10 as well (BHPian skanchan most probably). There isn't much we can do about that.
No the headlights should not mist at all in any driving conditions.
To me, the weak link is the boot that covers the bulb opening and fits tight on the rear of the sealed headlight assembly.

Been driving an i10 for the last 5 years and never faced this issue.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 14:34   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The headlights are not sealed properly.Since my Kwid is white in color,the water from the rain has flown inside has eventually dried and left a brown mark on the bumper.
I have shown it to the Renault Team,but I need to raise an official complaint.

Last edited by hillram : 12th July 2017 at 14:35.
Old 12th July 2017, 15:31   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
No the headlights should not mist at all in any driving conditions.
To me, the weak link is the boot that covers the bulb opening and fits tight on the rear of the sealed headlight assembly.
l
From the owner's manual of Xcent:

After heavy driving, rain or washing headlight and taillight lenses could appear frosty. This condition is caused by the temperature difference between the lamp inside and outside. This is similar to the condensation on our windows inside your vehicle during the rain and doesn’t indicate a problem with your vehicle.
Old 12th July 2017, 15:35   #555
Senior - BHPian

In continuation to my post # 553..here are both headlights effected for my Kwid due to seepage of water.Notice the dark brown patch formed,which cannot be cleaned !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-headlight-l.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-headlight-r.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks