Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 17:19   #571
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
It is the most pricey A segment car, alto 800 costs a lakh lesser than it.
I do not see a lakh difference here. Compare variant-to-variant, not base model vs top model to arrive at a lakh figure.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-xgh.jpg

Quote:
Still, how one can say that Renault implicated that reinforcement in their production variants too ? what if that was only for that crash test specific car ? what if the car crashes on the passenger side ?
Then how can one say every vehicle on the road is generating as much bhp as claimed in their brochures, wheel or shaft? Then how can you say mass market vehicles are not getting watered down in their production runs? Are you going to take apart all panels & ensure the structure confirms to the blueprint it's based on? No. These are certain things we blindly trust the manufacturer with. The V4 Kwid which got tested was reportedly taken from the current production batch.

Quote:
Not most. But many of the cars perform much better e.g. Polo, Etios, figo, Zest etc. Even the new gen global models of Suzuki cars scored fair in crash tests.
"global models of Suzuki cars". That should answer the part.

Quote:
e.g. Polo, Etios, figo, Zest etc
Really? Expecting Kwid or any A-seg model to have similar levels of safety to pricier models several segments above, in a country where no relevant regulations exist? Kwid's competiton(Alto, Eon) have either not been crash tested or failed to score even 1* in any variant so far, and they are sold at not much less than the Kwid. Again, wouldn't mind to be proven wrong here.

Quote:
I don't agree on this point. Maruti Suzuki cars which fall in 4-5 lakh price bracket (i.e. Celerio and Wagon R) are better built as compared to kwid. They offer better safety options (dual airbags with ABS) and cost cutting in these cars is not as much as in Kwid (3 lug nuts, plastic oil sump, plastic engine cover, no motor for headlamp leveling, single wiper etc.)
If the NCAP says "unstable structure" or advise against further loading, then ABS & airbags could help only so much once hit. I don't know how many of these models you talk of sport a stable structure in its Indian version. Global versions of the same are irrelevant to us, sadly.

3 lug nuts holding perfect so far, 4 lug nuts desirable but the engineers didn't feel the need of it for the performance curve of the car they designed. I won't complain. I don't like the plastic sump but it works & i do drive through ruts. Plastic engine cover yet to show any signs of melting. No motor for lamp leveling, two less parts to replace & the cable works fine. Single wiper works for the driver but not so much for the passenger but does its job.

I'm forced to overlook these "shortcomings" considering the ride quality it gives for the 4.2lacs i paid for the package. Pay a lac more & for sure i will get the next level package but i don't need it since the current one works well for its intended use. So i saved almost a lac & my purchase is serving me well so far.

Quote:
I don't have any personal grudge for any product. All I want to say is Kwid has lost its USP (VFM quotient). It is pricey for its segment. And, that is reflected in the recent sales charts.
Yes with the Tiago in, the VFM part is much narrowed. There was no Tiago when Kwid came out but no point in lowering Kwid prices now. Somewhere on TBHP, it's also said Tata isn't making much or any from their new models for the sake of market share. Kwid RXL is still VFM for those who don't care for safety, & there are a lot of them. Carwale says it is 80k less than its "next segment" competition. But yeah RxT(O) is much less VFM in its current format.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-nbj.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 26th July 2017 at 17:28.
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 13:13   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
I do not see a lakh difference here. Compare variant-to-variant, not base model vs top model to arrive at a lakh figure.
Alto comes with a discount throughout the year, unlike Kwid.

Quote:
Then how can one say every vehicle on the road is generating as much bhp as claimed in their brochures, wheel or shaft?
By a simple dyno test.

Quote:
The V4 Kwid which got tested was reportedly taken from the current production batch.
Reportedly. No official statement about it.

Quote:
Really? Expecting Kwid or any A-seg model to have similar levels of safety to pricier models several segments above
You had written that no car under 10 lakh is safe. I was just counting some cars which are safe and come under 10 lakh.

Quote:
If the NCAP says "unstable structure" or advise against further loading, then ABS & airbags could help only so much once hit.
ABS helps in avoiding that hit. ABS has nothing to do with structural rigidity.
A vehicle tested at ODB64 can have both a 'unstable structure' and 'good safety rating'. e.g. Zest. The amount of impact suffered by test dummies decides the rating.

If Kwid was offered at a price point of Alto or Redigo, it would have made much more sense to buyers. Redigo with same underpinning and same engine is offered at a more sensible price.
Udit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 22:13   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
And some of us go to great lengths to avoid any MS in our garage, & the Eon being not much of a pleasure to look at. So the Kwid slots perfectly at a slight premium & to me the feel is worth it.
I fully echo my choice with SandyX. I said anything,than a MS in our stable. The ride quality of Kwid is phenomenal.

Today i got replaced both headlights as per instruction from Renault India, of course under warranty. I'm hoping the issue with the water seepage into headlights will be resolved now.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-b.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-c.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-d.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 27th July 2017 at 22:15.
hillram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 23:16   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I fully echo my choice with SandyX. I said anything,than a MS in our stable. The ride quality of Kwid is phenomenal.

Today i got replaced both headlights as per instruction from Renault India, of course under warranty. I'm hoping the issue with the water seepage into headlights will be resolved now.
Congratulations on the new acquisition. Please keep us posted post some rain drives. Would like to refer some images. I had thought of getting the headlights replaced, but even that would have the gap with the body. Hence dropped the idea. Let me know if the replacement has done wonders and I shall approach the SC to have mine replaced under warranty too.

By the way, for the replacement, were you required to hand over your car for some days or was it accomplished during your regular visit?

On a different note, ultimately I could have my July 2013 purchased JBL GTO 949LE "properly" connected via the MediaNav. Till a few days back, the setup used to occupy my almirah shelf. Getting the proper connector for the head unit of the MediaNav was the last major challenge, which could be sorted yesterday. My front speakers have been upgraded too which are now a set of JBL A120SI, direct fit. I am sure, getting stuck in the traffic would feel a little different now.
Old 1st August 2017, 17:31   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

By the way, for the replacement, were you required to hand over your car for some days or was it accomplished during your regular visit?
Thanks Majumdarda.
I have extensively driven my Kwid in rain and also sprayed water through hose pipe.Water does enter into the new headlights, hence my exercise of getting new headlights did not resolve the problem.
Replacing headlights took just 30 minutes !!!
Apart from this I don't have any other complaints on my Kwid.

Last edited by hillram : 1st August 2017 at 17:36.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 18:20   #576
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Water does enter into the new headlights, hence my exercise of getting new headlights did not resolve the problem.
Sir, Any picture from where the water enters the headlight unit?

Is it from the border sealing path or where the headlamps/indicator are?
Old 1st August 2017, 21:16   #577
BHPian

Hello..

Sorry if this has been asked already.
But has anyone tried installing CNG kit in Kwid?
If yes, please share the experience.
Old 21st August 2017, 07:53   #578
BHPian

Last week I traveled to Shillong. A small city nested in the East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya. The journey from Guwahati to Shillong takes us through a small town called Nongpoh. It is the preferred stop, midway through the 3 hour journey. Being a really tiny town, the main mode of transport seems to be the Autorichshaw.
However, there were a couple of car showrooms too. There was a Maruti showroom, which was the biggest and had space for 3 cars. All the three were Altos, mostly in the 0.8 and 1.0 L guise. There was a Hyundai showroom, having space to showcase just 1 car, which was the Eon. Finally, there was a Renault showroom, displaying the Kwid.
I was surprised and impressed on the reach which has been achieved by Renault. Gives me a lot of confidence in the brand, if I can find its showroom and service center in such remote towns.
Well done Renault !

Last edited by drive2eternity : 21st August 2017 at 07:54.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 15:27   #579
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Smaller yet Significant Things:
Not small .. but extremely tiny.

Something really small and probably very insignificant - I am not sure if any other Kwid owners have noticed this. Look at the gear lever carefully - it has a tiny ...I mean very tiny red light on the "R". At first I thought it was one of the shiny decorations ('chamki') but realised No...it's really a tiny red light.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-psx_20170909_150622.jpg  

v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 08:15   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Not small .. but extremely tiny.

Something really small and probably very insignificant - I am not sure if any other Kwid owners have noticed this. Look at the gear lever carefully - it has a tiny ...I mean very tiny red light on the "R". At first I thought it was one of the shiny decorations ('chamki') but realised No...it's really a tiny red light.
I literally ran without completing my morning tea to check this out. Can you please advise which model of Kwid you are driving? Its definitely non existent in RXT1.0

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20170924_073812001.jpg

I would also be required to replace this knob present on the front right side. Is any one else facing this problem? [Second Servicing]

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20170924_073848001.jpg

I also faced a peculiar problem with my Kwid's Driver seat. One fine day, after I reached office, it just stopped getting locked into its place. The back rest would completely go back. The locking mechanism seemed to be missing the teeth and would go till the extreme end to put into place. I had to take my car to the dealership to sort this out. They unfortunately did not have the parts in place for replacement of the faulty mechanism; hence they replaced my front driver seat from another car (Apparently its a brand new one from the factory that is sitting idle at the dealership for some documentation issues and is therefore being used for issues like these)

Another issue I have observed is that the seat belts do not retract properly. Many a times I have observed that the front seat belts just lies around and I have to literally shove it into its casing. Else it will just continue lying around on the front seat. Is any body else facing this issue as well? Indicas which are known for handling various types of customers and thus very roughly used as well, seems to have a much better retracting mechanism in place with the seat belts. [Second Servicing]
Old 8th October 2017, 22:36   #581
Senior - BHPian

Small Update at 7K
  • The door lock button on the front left side has been replaced under warranty.
  • Front door right hand side seat belt has been replaced under warranty as well.
  • Cabin Air filter has been added. As per the SC, this is a scheduled addition during second servicing, but because I inquired now, they have added. Cost is rupees 275/-
  • The slider, one that is used to select the air intake inside the cabin, seems more user friendly now. Earlier it was pretty hard to slide.
  • Driver side's seat adjustment mechanism replaced under waranty.

Few other observations after spending considerable amount of time at the dealership
  • The 02 version also have the gap present between the panel and the head light casing.
  • The little yet subtle personalisation options that have been introduced in the 02 version, depending upon the feedback, might come as add-on accessories by year end.
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 14:45   #582
Senior - BHPian

Renault Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition launched

Renault has launched the Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition. It comes with 10 updates including reverse parking sensors that are offered as standard. The limited edition is available in three variants with prices starting at Rs. 2.67 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Renault Kwid : Official Review-kwid-live-more-2018-reloaded-edition.jpg

The Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition comes with new exterior additions like the dual-tone graphics on the roof, bonnet and sides of the car and 'Live For More' decals. Owners can also choose between Sportz and Rallycross graphics. Additionally, it gets black, dark grey, silver and lime coloured accents depending on the body colour. The front grille gets silver accents, while the wheel caps and the ORVM housings get lime highlights.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-kwid-live-more-2018.jpg

Inside, the special edition Kwid comes with a piano black centre fascia with chrome surround. It houses a touchscreen infotainment system and like the standard Kwid, it comes with a digital instrument cluster.

The Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' is offered with two engine options - an 799 cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 54 BHP @ 5,678 rpm and 72 Nm of torque @ 4,386 rpm paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that develops 67 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 91 Nm @ 4,250 rpm offered with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-aramkwidlfmeditionlime.jpg

The Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition is available in five colour options - Fiery Red, Ice Cool White, Moonlight Silver, Outback Bronze and Planet Grey.

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices are:

Kwid 0.8L - Rs. 2,66,700

Kwid 1.0L MT - Rs. 3,57,900

Kwid 1.0L AMT - Rs. 3,87,900

Renault Kwid : Official Review-image002.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 18:03   #583
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition launched

What a hideous edition!

Sad state of affairs when limited editions focus on stickers and chrome inserts rather than safety features.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 21:44   #584
BHPian

In my opinion, such ridiculous sticker-job limited editions don't need a separate new thread.
This can be very well added to the existing official Kwid thread.

That would be more beneficial to prospective buyers/ existing owners to refer and know all the details & updates about the particular car from one place itself, rather than scattering it across multiple threads for each pointless sticker editions.

By creating separate threads for such silly editions, we are giving undue importance to such ridiculous sticker-jobs and thereby indirectly encouraging these companies to come up with more such stupid editions.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 22:27   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
...including reverse parking sensors that are offered as standard. ...
Now this is of importance. I know one way of activation is via the MediaNav, but the process is very tiring. Once the new versions hit the roads, would have to inquire with the SC, the official way of activating the mechanism!
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks