Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 10:53   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Trailblazer available at 19.95 lacs now, is it because they are shutting down or anything else. I think its VFM if service is available for next 10 years.

Anyone able to get one at this price from the dealer? I tried calling two Chennai dealers, one did not even bother to return the call and another said "Trailblazer not available till July sir, they have stopped production"
Old 10th May 2017, 11:07   #92
BHPian

My friend has booked this and delivery plan this month in Noida, Not sure about other locations but definitely it was available in Noida atleast at this price.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:33   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the Chevrolet Trailblazer come with DRLs? I spotted a MH14 registered LTZ variant with the red number plate in peak Whitefield traffic yesterday. The car had DRLs which, as I understand, the current model on sale doesnt have.

I couldnt really click a proper picture so this is the best that I got.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-img_4822.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-img_4821.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 01:44   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Could be the refreshed version that was supposed to be launched in June before Chevrolet announced the surprise decision to pull out. Maybe they imported a batch they are stuck with now.
Old 9th June 2017, 11:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, the question is, what's the scope for getting after-sales support for the Trailblazer from Isuzu dealers?

AFAIK, both the Trailblazer and the Mu-X are same, just rebadged vehicles very much like the Nissan Terrano and Renault Duster...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 9th June 2017 at 11:39.
Old 9th June 2017, 11:58   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
AFAIK, both the Trailblazer and the Mu-X are same, just rebadged vehicles very much like the Nissan Terrano and Renault Duster...
Most of the body shell, Chasis, some interiors & suspension are shared. However, power train is completely different. So, I don't see how Isuzu dealer can support, except maybe for routine service items, like oil filter, air filters, brake pads, wiper blades, etc. Besides this, nothing in common.

However, Isuzu should use this as an opportunity to increase dealer network as the Chevy dealers will be looking for another brand to survive.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 07:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't believe there are any trailblazers available, they were all sold out as of April, when I last checked, since they announced a special discounted price of Rs. 19.99 lacs. Only Possibility is if the face lifted models were imported before the decision to withdraw from India was taken. If so, it would be a great deal if these can be had at a similar price point.
Old 23rd June 2018, 17:09   #98
Senior - BHPian

It was quite surprising to spot the trailblazer on test today in Mysore road, Karnataka. Not sure, if it had any mechanical changes with respect to the engines it had on offer while it was in India. Didn’t notice any exterior updates which seemed quite the same. Didn’t observe the fascia on the RVM as I was driving on the highway with some overtaking maneuvers being in full spree

I’m guessing whatever they were testing, it’s going out of India and made for overseas. Anyone having additional info on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-e32f7f42763e4685b671ac75e69730d4.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 14:07   #99
BHPian

Need advice from Gurus

I am looking for a big highway cruiser type SUV for occasional long highway trips (1000km+) which I foresee in 2021 and and beyond. My budget is however meager for a new SUV, so I'm searching in the preowned market.

I came across a Trailblazer 2015 model for ~10 lakhs. 1st owner, 72k running. Any advice whether there is any merit in pursuing this further. I know Chevrolet has exited, but checked their website and it appears they are providing service (if I'm not mistaken, it is through M&M) and Trailblazer features there.
Other question is I'm now based at Noida (NCR), but will shift base permanently to Mysore next year. Considering higher road tax in Karnataka, any idea how much would be the road tax , if I register the car in Mysore, after buying here in Noida.
Thanking all in advance
Ulysses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 12:03   #100
BHPian

To think of it that Chevrolet already had a CBU SUV with power that Fortuner puts today i.e. 500 Nm in 2015 at half the current price of Fortuner. Toyota had no specs for next 6 years to beat these numbers is blowing my mind.

Was Chevrolet ahead of its time (Cruz being another example)? Was Indian market yet to mature? Or the purchasing power reached astronomical heights in last 5 years? Are we so blinded with our love for few brands? I am really not able to make sense of our market.

This car even had 76 litres fuel tank, 241mm ground clearance and 800mm water wading capacity. I should just shut myself off. Rest you can read good things about this gem of engine below yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Chevrolet Trailblazer has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 26.40 lakhs (ex-Delhi)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The 2.8L Duramax motor with 197 BHP & a whopping 500 Nm of torque...
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The pricing is seriously good for a CBU.

A special thumbs up for the engine

But makes me feel they should have brought in the 4x4 even at 1.5-2L more it definitely would have gotten a lot of fan following from us enthusiasts.

PS- If this being a CBU is priced so well makes me think what kinda profits Toyota is making on the fortuner

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th April 2022 at 14:17. Reason: Please do not quote long posts in full. Hampers user experience for our mobile readers. Thanks.
varunswnt is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 11:57   #101
BHPian

Just bought the Mammoth! I see there has been no Ownership Reviews here. To begin with, this is HUGE! The vehicle dwarfs any Car or Human next to it! Compared to the Fortuner and Endeavour, I find the downside being the efficiency and missing 4x4 gear! Rest the vehicle is great! The Power output is enough to outshine Fortuners and Endeavours on the highway and gearbox is silky smooth. You would not be able to make out the gear changes. There are no jerks even while slotting the vehicle in "D" as experienced in Fortuner. The ride quality is amazing. Much better than the competition and the sense of space inside the humongous cabin really makes one comfortable. Even the third row is accessible and comfortable for adults. The music system is old school as per todays standard but has bluetooth connectivity which works well and the system is also descent. I find the light throw inadequate. Service parts are easily available and the quality of interiors is good. Built to last. I am having problem with the seat locks of second row and trying to source parts. Was hoping to get in touch with like minded owners to understand this beast better. Unfortunately, I have been told by the Chevrolet Service Station that only 3 of these cars exist in Mumbai! This car shares literally everything with the ISUZU MUX!
suryaj1990 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 14:31   #102
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryaj1990 View Post
Just bought the Mammoth! I see there has been no Ownership Reviews here. To begin with, this is HUGE! I have been told by the Chevrolet Service Station that only 3 of these cars exist in Mumbai! This car shares literally everything with the ISUZU MUX!
I have seen only one of these ever. And that was a visitor to a clinic nearby. It is indeed huge. And definitely imposing and handsome.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-img_4205.jpeg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-img_4204.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 19:57   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryaj1990 View Post
Just bought the Mammoth! I see there has been no Ownership Reviews here. To begin with, this is HUGE! The vehicle dwarfs any Car or Human next to it! Compared to the Fortuner and Endeavour, I find the downside being the efficiency and missing 4x4 gear! Rest the vehicle is great! The Power output is enough to outshine Fortuners and Endeavours on the highway and gearbox is silky smooth. You would not be able to make out the gear changes. There are no jerks even while slotting the vehicle in "D" as experienced in Fortuner. The ride quality is amazing. Much better than the competition and the sense of space inside the humongous cabin really makes one comfortable. Even the third row is accessible and comfortable for adults. The music system is old school as per todays standard but has bluetooth connectivity which works well and the system is also descent. I find the light throw inadequate. Service parts are easily available and the quality of interiors is good. Built to last. I am having problem with the seat locks of second row and trying to source parts. Was hoping to get in touch with like minded owners to understand this beast better. Unfortunately, I have been told by the Chevrolet Service Station that only 3 of these cars exist in Mumbai! This car shares literally everything with the ISUZU MUX!

Congrats on your purchase! As someone who owns a Chevy Beat and as someone who once contemplated on getting a used Cruze, I would really love to hear your backstory, thought process etc related to finalising a Trailblazer.

Regards
Old 21st March 2024, 19:35   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have seen only one of these ever. And that was a visitor to a clinic nearby. It is indeed huge. And definitely imposing and handsome.
Reading your passionate words on the Yeti, I bought one! Hoping to convince you to the same now!

On a serious note! The car Is a Stunner! Yes the size is Imposing!
Old 22nd March 2024, 11:54   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Congrats on your purchase! As someone who owns a Chevy Beat and as someone who once contemplated on getting a used Cruze, I would really love to hear your backstory, thought process etc related to finalising a Trailblazer.

Regards
Thank you very much! Till now I have driven the car a good 3,000-4,000kmkm which included one religious trip for Ashtavinayak contributing to 900km on the ODO and another trip to Pune which was close to 400km. I have an Innova which was Hot out of the oven back in 2009! The car has been a workhorse ever-since! Back then, a vehicle that big and at that price point with that much of peppiness was a steal deal! Even today, Innova is a legend all around the Country! I love the car but may have to part ways due to less square foot for the parking. She has completed 2,40,000km under my hand alone and always pampered with the OEM. The Elders were all set upgrade to a Crysta. Its a no-brainer in their opinion. Toyota vehicles can survive the famous "2012" movie and they expect no less from Crysta. The Ease of Driving, Maintaining, Peppy Engine and those Comfortable Captain Seats were the points they put up. This became a challenge for me because nothing exists like the Crysta.

Me on the other side was now looking for a 4x4 to replace the Yeti and more importantly an SUV. I have been driving Toyota vehicles from the Qualis days back in 2002 and have owned literally 3 Qualis and 4 Innovas one after the other. I tried a few cars out:-

1) Fortuner
This was the Third generation with the 3.0 D4D Engines which was good but nothing apart from the Ride Quality and 2nd Row Bench Seat were different from the Innova I owned. The hefty Price Tag was also not favorable. Ride Quality was also Harsh. With the 5th Generation out, this was Out Dated too. Most of all, all options available in the Preowned Market seemed to have already Globetrotted around India. All cars had High Mileages on them. Expecting a Toyota with Low Mileage is like Finding a Needle in a Hay Stack

2) Endeavour
The 3.0 Litre was something else. The vehicle was the perfect mix of Comfort and Reliability for me specially after the Fortuner but no Low Mileage cars available and the Third Row was literally non existent. Even then, this car made it to the Qualifying List for me to propose to the Elders.

3) Pajero Sport
The Vehicle was amazing. Old school but an amazing All Rounder. But the options I tested were extremely Noisy and Unrefined. The car had been there for just too long and would have aged pretty fast. Mitsubishi parts were also a Factor.

4) Audi Q7
Completely a choice from the Heart and not the Mind! I looked at it keeping the Elders Comfort in Mind or should I rather put it this way that I Comforted myself in thinking that a Q7 is Logical for the Comfort of the Elders!

This soon left the list when I was told about the Horror Stories of Maintenance. I was lucky to lay my hands on a 4.2 Petrol which was really old but was she fast. She was Built to make a Man Grin! Fuel Efficiency was to make a Man Cry!

5) Isuzu MU-X
Very less options Available and whoever had them Sold it for a Premium which I did not see Logical for a vehicle not sold in Good Numbers. The car had whatever I wanted and fit the list perfectly. It was slightly Heavy in driving and more on the Unrefined side but the capability of that car was Outstanding! A friend has the cousin of the MU-X known as D-Max and the car has been good over the years. Trailblazer is exactly the same car but there is a sky difference in power, pickup and feel both from the Engine and Gearbox!

I was convinced that I had No Option but to stick to the MPV segment and get the Crysta. I tried to shop across Segment such as Kodiaq, Alcazar, XL6 etc but the SUV choice was Embossed in my mind. It was either that or Crysta!

One day, while browsing through the net, I stumbled upon the only SUV which I had yet not considered till now and for obvious reasons. The Rarity itself Questions one mind whether this car was ever sold in India or did people just Import them. This car was a hidden gem. The question even before considering this Mammoth was Parts, Reliability and the Availability of a Good Car! I personally was half keen on it because of the missing 4x4.

Days past by and I finally decided to take the Plunge. I looked through the net and various sources for this car but the most Major Factor, “Availability of the Car Itself” was not being met. Soon, I managed to see a few options scattered in Maharashtra but they had Clocked well. This was a Good Thing because that Simply means the car has been Reliable. On the other hand, I was Researching on Major Parts and Components which could go wrong in the future and it turned out everything was available that too off the Counter. During this Research, I was Guided to Speak to the Chevrolet Workshop for Diesel Filters since this car has two of them. This is where I hit a Jackpot. The Manager asked me to bring in my vehicle to have it changed but soon he learnt I am just Researching. The Talks went on Deeper and Eventually he Proposed a Customers car which had literally 30,000km on the ODO. He told me that if I could make it today, I could meet the owner who is interested to sell since the car was at his workshop.

I immediately visited the workshop excited to see the car in flesh for the first time and boy was I surprised! The car looked even Bigger than I Imagined! I met the Owner, took a Test Drive and was happy to see how well the car was kept. She had new shoes at just 30,000km of Goodyear Wrangler Silentrac. I was blown away with the Power. I ended up paying a Token and Sealing the Deal at the Chevrolet Workshop.

Post that, I have just done some Minor Repairs to the Body. Got some Dents Removed. I had the Compressor and Brake Pads Changed. I have got all the Fluids Replaced as per OEM manual Except Transmission. Thinking to Upgrade the Fog Lamps and Headlights soon too.

My Experience till now has been Good. Its been Barely two months and the car has already done 4,000km which includes more City. One was a 400km round trip to Pune and the Second was a 900km Sprint for Ashtavinayak in two days.

Refinement
The Diesel Clatter from the 2.8 Duramax can be felt but its not invasive. I was able to keep highway speed beyond 100kmph with ease. The Clatter is Evident Outside but once inside, your Cocooned by Silence. There is literally next to “0” vibration. The Engine sound was much less than all of the options above!

Fuel Efficiency
This seems to be the Elephant in the Room for this car. Especially for me. During my Initial drives, I could see nothing more than 7kmpl which included Traffic runs and the use of all 200 Horses since the car was new. Soon I Simmered down to usual driving styles and managed 9kmpl even in Deep Traffic. On slightly open roads in the City, I have managed 9.5-10kmpl. On the Highway, I have seen upto 14kmpl with Controlled Inputs to the Accelerator similar to an EV. On Normal Driving, its Easy to Witness 13kmpl and on Aggressive Inputs, you can see nothing more than 10.5kmpl. I have seen myself in all Environments now and I must say that Duramax engine and the Butter Smooth Gearbox Tempts on the Open Road to push for more!

Power
The car is simply a Beast. The Pickup is Great. Although not as Light as the Old Fortuner but when pushed, she can Smoke many Cars. In fact, when I Floor the Accelerator, the Rubber Burns. That’s the Amount of Power on Tap. Easy to Overtake in Single Lanes too and not a car which would get you tired.

Comfort
This has been the area which needed convincing with the elders. The car is “High” but the foot step do a Good Job. Second Row are Bench Seats but are Extremely Comfortable. Even the 5 Link Suspension is Good on Bad Roads. They do Miss the Captain Seats but the Overall feel was enough to have them Sold on this car. The Third Row is also one of the most Spacious and Comfortable Places to be. Driving wise, the Car is very Comfortable too but the Steering is Slightly Heavy during Parking.

Safety
Equipped with all the Safeties a Modern Car would need in Todays date such as ABS, EBD, Traction Control, Stability, etc but it only has 2 Airbags which is a little Disappointing. It even has something known as Grade Braking which Assist in Braking the Car on Steep Slopes. This is different from Hill Descent which is also present in this car because this happens even at Highway Speeds.

Features
The car has a 7 inch unit which is a Touchscreen with USB, Aux and Bluetooth. It displays the Music Content being played on the Screen and Call Data too. The Mic is very Clear and Crisp. 6 speaker unit is nice. You can set up some simple settings related to the car through the Music System. It has a Good Rear View Camera, Auto Folding Mirrors and Cruise Control.

Parts, Reliability and Availability
All parts are available with Chevrolet Factory. They can simply be ordered at their Authorised workshop. Even local shops stock all Mechanical Parts. Most parts are common with the MU-X. Hence, ISUZU part bin is an option to explore. The Interiors are completely identical so is the Suspension setup and Chassis. Engine and Gearbox are different. Even though the cars are identical, the Trailblazer feels better put together and has much better performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-photo20240119191111.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-photo20240119191112.jpg  

suryaj1990 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks