Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 09:24   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review

Saw one on road, in white. There had been 3 bookings at my place, 2 guys have backed off, one backed off as there was a delay in delivery and the second customer wasn't interested after knowing that such a mammoth SUV doesn't have a 4X4. It would be embarrassing to get a SUV pulled out by a tractor.

The rear end with those LED lamps look better than front. The design isn't going to win awards but the front should have been designed a bit better. The rear is simple & claasy, the front, not so.

Why is Chevrolet delaying the launch of a 4X4?
Old 7th January 2016, 18:15   #77
BHPian

Since I never saw any ad on this new Chevy, i thought it was yet to come out.

Why isnt Chevy not promoting Trailblazer ? I think it has come out to a highly competitive segment with a handful of new cars coming in to the space including the new Fortuner, Endeavor and ofcourse the existing Pajero Sport.

Fact is, with this budget there are even german premium sedans/hatchs (not of the same segment) and also cheaper Indian cars + Innova.

Tough segment like many according to me as most of the time its the price which is the key decision maker and the mere name "segment" does not always count.

Trust Chevrolet Spin who is again coming into a far more competitive and growing segment does not follow the way of its big brother.
Old 11th January 2016, 21:11   #78
Team-BHP Support

Spotted one today near Doddanekundi signal on ORR. RED car with WHITE bumpers, either accidental repair or test car, can't say for sure.

Doesn't look imposing at all despite its dimensions, and surely not a patch on the new Endeavor. I got a pretty good look at it, wasn't impressed.
Old 26th February 2016, 19:56   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the next lot of Trailblazers have started arriving in India. The first lot of ~150 units were imported during launch in October and this is only the 2nd lot. Would be interesting to see if they are able sell out this second lot with the launch of the Endeavor happening in between. Not able to fathom the GM strategy with the Trailblazer in India.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-trailblazer.jpg

Source: Zauba
Old 10th June 2016, 10:17   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

A single unit of the 2016 Chevy Trailblazer facelift has been imported into India for homologation purposes.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-untitled.gif

The Trailblazer facelift has gone through a freshening job and it's front now receives an upmarket look similar to the Chevy Colorado pick-up. The tail-lights see minor changes but the biggest changes have been reserved for the interiors, with a completely re-designed interior trim and an all-new dashboard with an 8-inch MyLink infotainment system that offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-chevrolettrailblazerfacelift.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-chevrolettrailblazerrear.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-chevrolettrailblazercabin.jpg
(Source)

The Trailblazer facelift is expected to be launched in India by end-2016/early-2017.

Motorbeam
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 07:51   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

The new-generation TrailBlazer has reached Indian roads and spied on test - a 2.8-liter DuraMax turbocharged diesel setup will continue to propel this SUV.

The 2017 Chevrolet TrailBlazer will rival Ford Endeavour and the (New) Toyota Fortuner, when launched.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-2017chevrolettrailblazerfrontspyshot.jpg
Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-2017chevrolettrailblazerindia1.jpg
Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-2017chevrolettrailblazerrearspyshot1.jpg

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/car-...azer-spyshots/
Old 24th June 2016, 16:43   #82
BHPian

It's simply not gonna sell at the perceived price point. Being Marketing & Finance student I cannot understand what GM actually is trying to achieve with these launches. Only thing comes to my mind is keeping dealers happy with 1 or 2 fat margin sales per month.
This is coming from an admirer of GM/Chevrolet who know them for producing quality cars but quiet disconnected from masses.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 24th June 2016 at 16:47.
Old 7th October 2016, 15:29   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a festive offer in Times of India, the Trailblazer at Rs. 23.99 Lakhs. This is over 3 Lakhs cheaper than the regular price. I wonder if they are trying to clear inventories before the facelift arrives. Any market intelligence, anyone? Are there harder negotiations possible?
Old 7th October 2016, 18:53   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Saw a festive offer in Times of India, the Trailblazer at Rs. 23.99 Lakhs. This is over 3 Lakhs cheaper than the regular price. I wonder if they are trying to clear inventories before the facelift arrives. Any market intelligence, anyone? Are there harder negotiations possible?
Funny thing is the dealer here in Chennai does not even know about the offer. She was totally surprised and checked the newspapers and called me back that she could not find it. She had also spoken to the other dealer in Chennai, who had no idea either. Seems such a waste on the part of Chevy, to spend money on an ad in a prime newspaper and not even tell the dealers about it. Someone at Chevy marketing is goofing off big time.
Old 19th October 2016, 15:12   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Close on the heels of slashing the Enjoy MPV's prices (Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review), Chevrolet India has slashed the prices of it's premium SUV offering, the Trailblazer, by up to Rs 3.04 lacs!

The new price of the Trailblazer, offered in a single LTZ trim, is now Rs 23.95 lacs.

The Trailblazer is offered in India as a fully-imported model, but hasn't set the sales charts ringing yet.

This move is seen as a counter measure against the price-slashing exercise done by Ford India to it's Endeavour SUV (Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh), and also to stand against the all-new Toyota Fortuner, which gets ready to be launched in early November.

Chevrolet Trailblazer : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th October 2016 at 15:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Close on the heels of slashing the Enjoy MPV's prices (Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review), Chevrolet India has slashed the prices of it's premium SUV offering, the Trailblazer, by up to Rs 3.04 lacs!

The new price of the Trailblazer, offered in a single LTZ trim, is now Rs 23.95 lacs.

The Trailblazer is offered in India as a fully-imported model, but hasn't set the sales charts ringing yet.

This move is seen as a counter measure against the price-slashing exercise done by Ford India to it's Endeavour SUV (Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh), and also to stand against the all-new Toyota Fortuner, which gets ready to be launched in early November.

For this to take off they should pitch this against Tucson and at an equivalent price. This has already lost the battle against Fortuner and Endeavour. So once the volumes increase and road presence is felt in numbers, they can introduce 4x4 and higher trims and increase prices.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 21:42   #87
BHPian

But i still do not understand why GM is not ready to launch the 4x4 version of the Trailblazer. Whether people use it or not but such a big SUV will need it some day or other ! I am pretty sure that option would have swayed some of the Endeavour buyers to check/buy the Trailblazer. I have heard reasonably good feedback about the engine.

Or is it like a secret deal between the Americans so that Ford will sell some numbers in the first year. I am just kidding.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:04   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

The facelift is around the corner, which is probably why they slashed the price, to clear inventory of old kits. I wouldn't be surprised if they came with the 4X4 for the facelift.
Old 21st February 2017, 00:48   #89
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd February 2017 at 16:08.
roby_dk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th April 2017, 17:51   #90
BHPian

Trailblazer available at 19.95 lacs now, is it because they are shutting down or anything else. I think its VFM if service is available for next 10 years.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed