Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2017, 15:51   #1516
BHPian

Have made up my mind on the T8 AMT and had a test drive today along with my wife. Buying it for her and my weekend drives. Any tips on negotiation of the list price? How much can I expect? None of the chennai dealers have a 2016 manufactured unit. Was considering it to be done dual tone as well.
I felt the gear changes were sluggish and very noticeable with the AT. does it make sense to use it in manual mode more often than the AT?
Old 7th January 2017, 22:28   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Have made up my mind on the T8 AMT and had a test drive today along with my wife. Buying it for her and my weekend drives. Any tips on negotiation of the list price? How much can I expect? None of the chennai dealers have a 2016 manufactured unit. Was considering it to be done dual tone as well.
Try to get competitive quotes from different dealers in Chennai and pitch them against each other. Flash the chequebook and tell them you will cut the booking cheque only if the best deal is offered. Either get cash discount or get insurance and extended warranty free (not sure though if there are offers like these).

Quote:
I felt the gear changes were sluggish and very noticeable with the AT. does it make sense to use it in manual mode more often than the AT?
That is the very nature of an AMT transmission. You will notice (and there could be a mild jerk) each time it upshifts. The downshifts are usually smooth. A slight tap on the brake pedal and it downshifts. Manual mode is best suited if you want to do some spirited driving or driving in the ghats, which gives you better control on upshifts.
Old 8th January 2017, 10:24   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Try to get competitive quotes from different dealers in Chennai and pitch them against each other.
Will do if I can get them off their behinds to give me a quote. It's quite shocking but I've been speaking to them for about one week and have not received any action from any of the dealers till I visited in person TVS motors. India Garage I had to give them a lecture on their ethics and finally got an email with a photo of their price list.
Here is a rather unflattering review by top gear in case this has not been discussed.
http://www.topgear.com/india/mahindr...v300/itemid-51
Old 8th January 2017, 15:10   #1519
BHPian

I have almost decided to buy TUV now that the home ministry has shown the green flag. Test drove it and found it to be good enough for our needs of wifey, I, daughter, and my dad. The 100bhp version seems to have decent pulling power, especially at the lower end of the rev range. The only downer was the unsettling jerks at sharp speed breakers like rumble strips and famous pot-holes of Bangalore. Did an extended test drive on the highway, and for a driver like me who likes to cruise whole day at 80-90kmph, TUV felt good enough. I have never felt the need to clock 0-100kmph timings, so relaxed driving is what I am looking at.

I really want the AMT version given the stressful city traffic but the reported niggles and failures are holding me back. I am really confused although the sales folks (expectedly) are assuring that all the issues have been sorted and the 100BHP versions are not reporting any problem. Not sure how true is that. Also, how easy or difficult it is to start from zero on an incline given that there is no hill hold control in TUV. Honestly, I don't have an idea how TUV behaves in this situation. Didn't get a chance to test this.

The other thing that I want some feedback is the adequateness of AC for rear passengers. Is it really good enough for Indian summers? Can someone give their opinion on it?
Old 8th January 2017, 18:32   #1520
BHPian

I have an MT 80 and can assure you that I find it a piece of cake starting on an incline(even better with a fully loaded car). The AC is a beast and even the rear seat folks will not have any issue.
rishee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 18:49   #1521
BHPian

In the AMT that I took the test drive, the brake pedal was rather small. Usually the brake pedal in AMT vehicles that I have driven abroad are all large in width, usually two-three times the width of what was in the vehicle. Has anyone felt the need to change this width?
Old 8th January 2017, 21:09   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
The only downer was the unsettling jerks at sharp speed breakers like rumble strips and famous pot-holes of Bangalore.
TD vehicles in general tend to have higher than recommended air pressure in the tyres, which could be a reason for this. The only times that I have felt unsettling jerks/wallowy ride is when you approach speed breakers from an angle at speeds below 25 kmph. Otherwise it just eats up all kinds of road deformities and even the famous bangalore potholes dont unsettle you much.

Quote:
I really want the AMT version given the stressful city traffic but the reported niggles and failures are holding me back. I am really confused although the sales folks (expectedly) are assuring that all the issues have been sorted and the 100BHP versions are not reporting any problem. Not sure how true is that.
Havent driven the new AMT and I dont think anyone on BHP has purchased an AMT in the recent past. Having said that, I would say that even the MT in city traffic is easy to drive unless and until you will be driving 20+ kms everyday in bumper to bumper traffic.

Quote:
Also, how easy or difficult it is to start from zero on an incline given that there is no hill hold control in TUV. Honestly, I don't have an idea how TUV behaves in this situation. Didn't get a chance to test this.
you should really test this before you invest as I do remember that this was a concern with a lot of folks who test drove/own the AMT.

Quote:
The other thing that I want some feedback is the adequateness of AC for rear passengers. Is it really good enough for Indian summers? Can someone give their opinion on it?
AC is a chiller and its more than adequate for 2nd row folks as well even when its in the Eco mode. I have never had to keep the blower settings higher than 2 for 95% of the drives even in summer. The only time that the AC was at 3/4 was when I was parked in the sun and had to quickly normalize temperature.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:22   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I really want the AMT version given the stressful city traffic but the reported niggles and failures are holding me back. I am really confused although the sales folks (expectedly) are assuring that all the issues have been sorted and the 100BHP versions are not reporting any problem. Not sure how true is that. Also, how easy or difficult it is to start from zero on an incline given that there is no hill hold control in TUV. Honestly, I don't have an idea how TUV behaves in this situation. Didn't get a chance to test this.

I have a 100 BHP AMT version and I have clocked closed to 9K kms, no issues with the AMT. It really helps alot as my daily drive is close to 60 KMs in bumper to bumper traffic.

As far as lack of "Hill Hold" is concerned, you need to use the hand brake when stopping or starting on an incline. It's really easy once you get a hang of it.

A/C is very good and cools the cabin pretty fast. Never even used more than the first fan setting even in June/July when I bought the car. And btw my car's color is black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Has anyone felt the need to change this width?
It's perfectly adequate, never felt the need for a wider one.
gr8guzzler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:42   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I have a 100 BHP AMT version and I have clocked closed to 9K kms, no issues with the AMT. It really helps alot as my daily drive is close to 60 KMs in bumper to bumper traffic.
Thank you! That's reassuring to hear that things have improved.
Old 12th January 2017, 17:02   #1525
BHPian

Looking to fit some official accessories. The rear spoiler looks good and is sold separately, but the marker lamp shroud, my other bit of interest, apparently comes as a package with the front guards and bonnet hull, neither of which I find to be of good taste. Anyone fitted these a-la-cart?
Old 18th January 2017, 11:30   #1526
Senior - BHPian

While looking for alternate audio system for my TUV, I chanced upon on this page.
http://megaaudio.co.in/78-tuv300
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-new-picture.jpg

Audio Guru's are requested to check & advise.

Regards-Sonu
Old 20th January 2017, 16:04   #1527
BHPian

Installed the marker lamp shroud from Star Auto Agencies, Mahindra dealer of Kharagpur. The cost of the individual part is around 6000 rupees. The marker lamps are detachable and can be swapped with rectangular fog lamps if required.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170119_16455311.jpg

The unit is sold as a kit including 3 other items. The same alongwith the rest of the body kit was installed in my friend's black TUV. The kit suits the Black TUV very well and attracted huge attention. Night time photos and photos of the kitted black Tank will follow soon.
mi2n is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:00   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd
I fail to understand what would be the point of launching TUV500 with so much similarities with Scorpio.
Mahindra wants to be to SUV's what Maruti Suzuki is to small cars. Cannibalise you own models before the competition.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:31   #1529
BHPian

Guys, is there any difference between a TUV300 T8 & a Nuvosport N8 (MT versions) in terms of drivability, handling, acceleration, braking & ride-comfort ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:20   #1530
Senior - BHPian

MOTOROIDS has published an article in which someone in Kerala is offering to modify the TUV to look like Jeep Cherokee for an astounding amount of INR 1.5 lakh. Look at the pics below.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee3.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee5.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee5750x380.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee8.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee10.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee11.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-modifiedmahindratuv300jeepcherokee12.jpg

Link to the full article --> http://www.motoroids.com/modified-ca...-inr-1-5-lakh/
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks