Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 12:48   #1846
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
larger wheels than even R17 of Creta
True. Whats more important is the behavior of the vehicle and not that of the tire. What this means is that the the car should drive as true as possible and deliver maximum comfort without compromising on grip & stability. Tyre size and suspension setup both go hand in hand in achieving the above and looking at just the tire standalone does not really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
16 inch rims and 215/70 R16 size.
That is not even a 1% increase in wheel dia. Dont think its that big a change.

The interesting bit is the 1.99L engine that is going to power the TUV300Plus. Follow the discussion here
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:43   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Totally agree. The gear shifts from 1-3 are pathetic and can feel the lag and jerk. Also my co-passenger complained on the same. Clocked 12k on my tank, and this is my biggest concern till date.

Anyone upgraded their Tank to touch screen audio system? I see T10 already has this, but mine is T8 and not happy with after-markets systems out there.
I have a T8 AMT, have clocked 25K+ Km in 1 year 9 months of ownership. I have exactly the same problem and I have got used to it now. I had complained to M&M a few times and they only do 2 things - replace the Vacuum Modulator or reinstall the AMT ECU software. Neither of these help.

Off late, especially in the mornings, I drive my car in manual mode in the lower gears and then switch to Auto.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:55   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Hoping that interested members may find this useful:

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-new-picture-1.jpg
They seem to have an ANDROID version also.
I hope these fit FLUSH and do not look like sore after-markets.

SOURCE: http://megaaudio.co.in/78-tuv300

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:45   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Hoping that interested members may find this useful:

Attachment 1691801
They seem to have an ANDROID version also.
I hope these fit FLUSH and do not look like sore after-markets.

SOURCE: http://megaaudio.co.in/78-tuv300

Regards-Sonu
Thanks for sharing the above Sonu, how much does it cost? Also I believe this can be integrated with rear view camera.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd November 2017 at 22:46.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:10   #1850
BHPian

Long term and new owners of TUV300, could you please clarify what is this MLD term that I keep seeing associated with wheelspin on TUV?

Is wheelspin that frequent and bothersome?

Whatever the MLD refers to, does M&M offer it as standard/optional fitment to new vehicles at no extra cost?
Edit: if there is a way to identify whether a TUV has been fitted with MLD( by checking underbody or so ) pls let me know. Will check on couple of new vehicles with the dealer.

Thank You!

Last edited by deetee : 3rd November 2017 at 14:25.
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:15   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Long term and new owners of TUV300, could you please clarify what is this MLD term that I keep seeing associated with wheelspin on TUV?
What is MLD: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post3323395

I guess the other 2 questions will be answered by the owners themselves

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:58   #1852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Is wheelspin that frequent and bothersome?
I have had just 2 instances of wheelspin ever since I bought the car. you can still have wheelspin even after fitting MLD.

Quote:
Whatever the MLD refers to, does M&M offer it as standard/optional fitment to new vehicles at no extra cost?
M&M does fit the MLD free of cost as long as you have video evidence of wheelspin.

Quote:
Will check on couple of new vehicles with the dealer
New vehicles dont come with MLD. You will have to get it done only after you buy the car and face the issue.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 23:13   #1853
Senior - BHPian

About a month back, I replaced the stock wipers with 3M wipers. Cost was Rs. 600/- for Performance Plus. Original wiper sizes were 20 inches and 19 inches but 3M wipers that I got are 21 inches and 19 inches. There are triangular marks on the windscreen to indicate size/position of the wipers.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20171104_225202.jpg

I have done my third free service (20,000 km) today. I got wheel alignment done and also replaced the air filter. Third service cost was Rs. 3,574.

Last edited by airbus : 4th November 2017 at 23:29. Reason: Addition.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 08:39   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Recenty completed two years with my TUV. The odo as of date stands at 29.5K km. To my pleasant surprise, the TUV has been fairly reliable so far. Since last one year no major issue to report. Most of the recall replacements were done in the first year itself. This year more or less the TUV has followed the principle, "Fill it, shut it, forget it"

Further details in my ownership thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-21.html
Old 11th November 2017, 18:10   #1855
Senior - BHPian

My TUV seat cover upgrade

After almost an year of ownership & with about 11.5K kms later, I gave my TRUCK (TUV/T8), its most needed and the biggest upgrade, so far.
I wanted a clean & neat design & the the moment I saw T10 interiors, I knew that I had found my dream design & I knew only one place, which could deliver that - ORCHIS.
I had checked at ORCHIS about 2 months back but after getting their quote, I went to check other places. But wherever I checked, the price & the quality of material was not at par.

EXPERIENCE: To sum it up, very pleasant.
I reached just moments before they opened the workshop on a weelday & I found a BMW X1, two BRV's (one with ribbons), a CRETA & a INNOVA waiting in their workshop.
I spoke to the pleasing lady at their office and explained my requirement about material, color combination & the design. She took all the inputs & made me meet the MASTER cutter. He patiently looked at the design photos & advised minor changes. Once agreed, I found that the MASTER cutter immediately got down to cutting the material for my TUV.
Around same time, the owner Mr. Anil Shinde walked-in. After formal introductions, we got down to have a very fun filled day. I was hesitant to stand in workshop but he advised me to oversee all the work & if I had any additional requirement, I must let the staff know.
As we all know that even at its highest setting, the TUV front seats sit a little lower, so I asked for extra padding on the sitting area, especially on front seats. Same was immediately complied and in fact I got bottom padding on all the seats.
I will stop my blabber and let the photos do the talking:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-001a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-001b.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-003.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-005.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-006.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-008.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-007.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-010.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-011a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-011.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-014a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-014b.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-013.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-015a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-016.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-015.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-017.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-017a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-019.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-018.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-020.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-021.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-022.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-024.jpg

WIP:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-025.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-026.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-027.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-028.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-029.jpg

I even got the carpeting done and the photos are in next post.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 18:16   #1856
Senior - BHPian

My TUV seat cover upgrade... contd.

Carpeting:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-001.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-002a.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-003.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-002b.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-004.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-005.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-007.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-006.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-carpet-008.jpg

DISCLAIMER: ORCHIS is a good friend now but I have no business association with them.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:22   #1857

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Recenty completed two years with my TUV. The odo as of date stands at 29.5K km. To my pleasant surprise, the TUV has been fairly reliable so far. Since last one year no major issue to report. Most of the recall replacements were done in the first year itself. This year more or less the TUV has followed the principle, "Fill it, shut it, forget it"
Ditto with AutoIndian. Completed 2 years in my T8 AMT, 29.2K km done. No problems at all from day 1, not one. Same "Fill it, shut it, forget it" Love my TUV.
injun269 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 11:28   #1858
BHPian

Hi All,

In my earlier post I had mentioned that I am going forward with my decision to get the rear differential of my TUV 300 replaced with the MLD Kit.

Accordingly, I had sent a mail to M&M Customer Care and they had rushed the MLD Kit to the Dealer in less than a week. The Service Manager from the MASC called for the vehicle to be brought at their Workshop for the replacement of the MLD Kit.

I did take the vehicle to them for the replacement of the MLD Kit and was able to replicate the wheel spin to them, which they said was normal with every TUV 300 and said they would need a go ahead from the M&M Tech Liners who are directly involved and was made to wait from morning to evening without any work being done on my vehicle.

Finally, by 7:00 pm in the evening my patience gave up and I shot a few tweets to @anandmahindra while returning from the Workshop without any work being done on my vehicle.

The series of tweets did bear some result as everyone in the line were after me and requesting me to bring the vehicle to the workshop the next day, which I didn't since I had to travel to Delhi for some urgent work for three days.

I was receiving numerous calls from M&M Customer Care Officials during these three days. One of the Regional Customer Care Manager even went on to ask me if I wanted Anand Mahindra to call me and talk to me on the issue.

I still maintained my calm and told him that my intent was only to let people at the top know as to what is happening at the ground level and how are its customers being mistreated. This was followed by a series of conversations which I would not want to elaborate/recall for a long long time.

After all this, I went to the MASC for getting the work done. The Mahindra Customer Care Manager was present at the workshop and my vehicle was immediately taken to the Workshop Bay and more than ten mechanics wearing helmets and other safety gears started working on my vehicle. The vehicle was ready in less than one and half hours. Even the wheels were tightened using the Torque Wrench.

I observed that the Part Number of the Old Differential and the New Differential are different. The Part Number of the Old Propeller Shaft and the New Propeller Shaft are also different. I am attaching herewith the pictures of the Old Differential, New Differential, Old Propeller Shaft and New Propeller Shaft.

There is much more that can be mentioned about the MASC & M&M Officials. But I am refraining myself from doing so as this might expose too many loopholes in the M&M Channel.

The vehicle behaviour post the MLD Kit Fitment is more balanced and now it does not slip on gradients where it spun like anything earlier.

Regards.

Ameeth Kumar Jha
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-4.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20171106_120527.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-5.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-6.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-7.jpg  

Ameeth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 13:09   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Friends, sharing some good news.

All the owners who received the new part has reported that the wheel spin issue has been totally solved. Kudos to Mahindra for providing a prompt and effective solution and as always, reacting positively to user's feedback and complaints. The replacement part is seemingly major and it is really appreciated that Mahindra has not only worked on the issue promptly but also did not shy away from providing this expensive fix to end customers totally free of cost under warranty.

Posting the videos shared by respective owners showing the Tank in action before and after installation of new "MLD" :
Thanks for this update.

I recently got my T10. Last week of October. Facing same wheel spin issue. Will get this checked during my first service later this month. Is there anything specific one needs to ask for? Help me with this pls? Thanks again.

Last edited by bblost : 13th November 2017 at 13:17. Reason: removed embedded video
Old 14th November 2017, 12:31   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Thanks for this update.

I recently got my T10. Last week of October. Facing same wheel spin issue. Will get this checked during my first service later this month. Is there anything specific one needs to ask for? Help me with this pls? Thanks again.
Congrats on your new TUV! If you are facing the wheel spin issue, start off the process by reporting this to the email id customercare@mahindra.com, try to get a video of the wheel spin issue (speeds up the process), then someone from the CRM team would contact you to analyse the case and if they approve then the MLD kit is sent to a service centre near you in about 10 days time and the fitment is done in another 2-3 days.
Meanwhile, do share the pics of your T10

From my interactions with the service advisors, the MLD replacement is not a general recall but rather done only on a case by case basis.

Happy driving!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks