Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2017, 22:46   #1876
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Yes... the AC was on throuhout... and it was day drive and Maharashtra is not that cold... Maybe since the speed remained in the range of 40 to 60 most of the time; thanks to the road conditions ... I will try to Post screen shot of mileage tracking..
monakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 12:45   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
MLD fitment has been bit of a hit or miss. Reason being, after MLD retro fit some like me (and another person in the Chennai TUV group) face increased noise levels at around 80KMPH (kind of an humming noise creeps in) while CaptainRex who also got it fixed does not face any such issue. So evaluate your problem, if you face wheel spin only occasionally and if you can out manoeuvre it then stay with the original Diff else if you are facing severe wheel spin on a daily basis like me then you can go for it.
Hey, can you explain a bit more on this? What did the Mahindra guys tell you when escalated on this? Is there something that one should look out for?

Update: I have spoken to Mahindra, they're arranging for spares. Will get a call in a few days when part is made available. But, reading this, I am not sure, if I should even go for the change. Your inputs valuable on this. Thanks in advance.

Also, have done 3,100Kms in exactly 31days. No issues so far. Comfort & value for money. Will give it for service. Planning do another 3,000 kms drive in December end & January. Post that, will write a detailed ownership review.
Old 27th November 2017, 13:47   #1878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Hey, can you explain a bit more on this?
Since the MLD is not a factory fitment, the quality of work varies by service center. Some folks who have got MLD changed have had zero issues post fitment where as some of them have had issues with static lamps, vibrations, humming sound etc. Hence get MLD if and only if its an absolute necessity i.e if you face wheelspin as part of your daily drive or quiet frequently due to the terrain.

I have only faced wheelspin a couple of times and hence have decided not to get MLD. Also note that MLD will solve for cases where only 1 wheel losses traction but the other doesnt. I doesnt mean that you can drive in slush where both your wheels dont have traction. Only a 4x4 will help in such situations.

Last edited by procrj : 27th November 2017 at 13:49.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 13:54   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Since the MLD is not a factory fitment, the quality of work varies by service center. Some folks who have got MLD changed have had zero issues post fitment where as some of them have had issues with static lamps, vibrations, humming sound etc. Hence get MLD if and only if its an absolute necessity i.e if you face wheelspin as part of your daily drive or quiet frequently due to the terrain.

I have only faced wheelspin a couple of times and hence have decided not to get MLD. Also note that MLD will solve for cases where only 1 wheel losses traction but the other doesnt. I doesnt mean that you can drive in slush where both your wheels dont have traction. Only a 4x4 will help in such situations.
Thanks. Of course, it's not 4x4. Seeing your message, the clarity I've got is, its not absolutely necessary. And, not something that is actually going to hinder drive. Also, I prefer stock fitments.

Let me still consult the same with service folks. Am still wondering, before I conclude, we're the lateral issues (post-MLD replacement) faced by some people we're sorted? That, probably will give us some idea. Any posts by folks here, to read up?
Old 27th November 2017, 14:34   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Hey, can you explain a bit more on this? What did the Mahindra guys tell you when escalated on this? Is there something that one should look out for?...
I think Procrj was spot on about the reason for the inconsistent user experience after the MLD retrofit. Further, if you plan to go ahead with the MLD fitment do check with the Service centre guys if they have done MLD fitments on a TUV specifically prior to yours. I think I made the mistake of not doing that.
About the response from Mahindra, the service centre people are clueless as they find things to be just fine on inspection while from the Mahindra customer support there has been none so far. But I am also guilty of not doing a proper follow-up since I have been only emailing them, have not spoken to the CRM who called up initially to do the retrofit.
Old 28th November 2017, 12:53   #1881
Senior - BHPian

I got my black TUV T6+ home on Sunday. I have driven just over a 100 km so far. First impression is very positive. Low-end torque is much better than the Palio. Insulation from engine noise is better than expected. Preparing a detailed review.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20171126-21.56.08.jpeg  

architect is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:44   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I got my black TUV T6+ home on Sunday. I have driven just over a 100 km so far. First impression is very positive. Low-end torque is much better than the Palio. Insulation from engine noise is better than expected. Preparing a detailed review.
Congratulations on your black tank. It looks dazzling. Looking forward for your detailed review. Is it MT or AMT?

What was your cost total breakdown?

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 28th November 2017 at 14:46.
Old 28th November 2017, 17:48   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Congratulations on your black tank. It looks dazzling. Looking forward for your detailed review. Is it MT or AMT?

What was your cost total breakdown?
Its an MT.

Total on road price in Ghaziabad was Rs 9.41 lakhs + accessories which included floor mats, side moulding, rear bull bar, reversing camera with IRVM mounted display, fog lamps and mudflaps. All accessories were fixed at Mahindra dealer. We only need to purchase seat covers now.

Initially we were supposed to give the Palio in exchange but that's another story as to why it did not happen. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4312843

Last edited by architect : 28th November 2017 at 17:49.
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 18:00   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: New car coming soon

I will be able to update about exactly WHAT was done with the Palio in a few days. In the meanwhile, I can upload a few photos of the TUV. Will take some time to prepare an initial ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscf39841.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscf39861.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscf39882.jpg  

architect is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 18:39   #1885
BHPian

Mahindra has launched T8 Luxury Edition Kit 1 and Kit 2. These kits include touch screen infotainment system with Nav and reverse parking camera, chrome accents, heads-up display with gps, faux leather seat covers. Check out the below link

http://www.mahindratuv300.com/pdf/tu...re_updated.pdf
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 07:19   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulatons architect on getting you black TUV T6+ home. More pictures please.

Quote:
Total on road price in Ghaziabad was Rs 9.41 lakhs + accessories which included floor mats, side moulding, rear bull bar, reversing camera with IRVM mounted display, fog lamps and mudflaps. All accessories were fixed at Mahindra dealer. We only need to purchase seat covers now.
That is a good deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Mahindra has launched T8 Luxury Edition Kit 1 and Kit 2. These kits include touch screen infotainment system with Nav and reverse parking camera, chrome accents, heads-up display with gps, faux leather seat covers. Check out the below link

http://www.mahindratuv300.com/pdf/tu...re_updated.pdf
Thanks for sharing the link. I think Kit 1 makes more sense. Also within Kit 1 only only touch screen infotainment system with Nav and reverse parking camera is worth. By any chance do you know how much each kit costs? Also is M&M offering just the touch screen with reverse camera and if yes how much is it costing?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 09:02   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing the link. I think Kit 1 makes more sense. Also within Kit 1 only only touch screen infotainment system with Nav and reverse parking camera is worth. By any chance do you know how much each kit costs? Also is M&M offering just the touch screen with reverse camera and if yes how much is it costing?
Totally agree with you, I was searching for a decent touch screen infotainment system with Nav for my T8, but was really disappointed with all after market fittings due to hexagonal shape of existing system, none of these were looking nice on the T8. I am planning to visit MASS very soon to inquire on this. Will keep you posted.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 10:59   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulatons architect on getting you black TUV T6+ home. More pictures please.
That is a good deal
The moderators have very kindly moved the photos from the other thread to this. Detailed Initial Ownership review will take time. Please look at the post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4313052

Last edited by architect : 29th November 2017 at 11:06.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:10   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We only need to purchase seat covers now.
Why do you want to change them? Are you installing leather seat covers? I am asking as I have 2008 Swift and is running without seat covers ever since. They become as good as new after yearly dry cleaning, and that too when my daughter spills all kind of stuff on them.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:52   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Why do you want to change them? Are you installing leather seat covers? I am asking as I have 2008 Swift and is running without seat covers ever since. They become as good as new after yearly dry cleaning, and that too when my daughter spills all kind of stuff on them.
PU / leatherette / Vinyl are easier to clean. I typical dry clean the interiors once in 3-4 months. Also, they dry much faster than fabric which tends to take ages to dry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks