Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 14:11   #1891
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Mahindra has launched T8 Luxury Edition Kit 1 and Kit 2.
What is the cost for these kits? Kit 1 includes most of the features offered in T10. This would be a good option to save some bucks as the rear camera is not even offered in T10. Can anyone tell the price difference between T8 100HP + kit 1 and T10 ?
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:18   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000;4313074[url
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/pdf/tuv300_luxury_edition_kits_brochure_updated.pdf[/url]
The infotainment system looks like 3rd grade fitment & less said better about seats covers. These are not T10 upgrades, which in fact are all cosmetic changes and what Mahindra should offer.
To begin with, I wish that they give me those black accented headlights and choice of gunmetal/black alloys.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 29th November 2017 at 21:20.
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 22:21   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Its an MT.

Total on road price in Ghaziabad was Rs 9.41 lakhs + accessories which included floor mats, side moulding, rear bull bar, reversing camera with IRVM mounted display, fog lamps and mudflaps. All accessories were fixed at Mahindra dealer. We only need to purchase seat covers now.
Congratulations on your new black tank.

If you have time, could you please tell what brand reverse camera did they fit (I know it is Mahindra accessory but still there may be a name of original manufacturer). Also, are the reverse parking guides in the display (when camera switches on) static or adaptive as the vehicle turns ?
One more query, does the side steps come standard in t6+ variant or did you have to buy it at extra cost?
Old 1st December 2017, 22:37   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Will have to make another trip to the service center to get the passenger side belt replaced. The new belt assembly cost is Rs 2760/-, of course for me it was replaced free of cost under warranty.
When I got the feedback call from Service Centre regarding my recent 30K service, I rated the service at 9/10, however showed my unhappiness that a thing as simple as the seat belt could not be replaced after umpteen reminders for the last two years. Also there was a bolt with nut placed in one of the door pockets without informing me, where it has come from. The lady at the other end apologized and informed that my Service Advisor will call me in some time. Indeed the SA called me in the next 5 mins. He asked me what was my concern. I explained him the reason behind my dis-satisfaction. He too apologized and ask me to get the car to the workshop anytime for passenger side seat belt replacement. Finally I could take the car to the workshop today morning and within one hour the car was handed back to me with the passenger side seat belt replaced under warranty.

One thing I observed is that nowadays customer feedback is taken very seriously and if the customer raises any concern, the SA's life is made miserable. My SA informed me that even if I rate him 9 out of 10 but parallely raise any concern even those 9 points won't have any value and turn to "zero". Overall pretty happy with the service and customer centric approach and SAs genuine efforts to address my concern.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 1st December 2017 at 22:39.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 17:08   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Sad to report that I lost the bet

170k kms down and the real engine troubles have started. Turbo failure, injector failure, some other things which I haven't even bothered to give a damn.

Car is sold as scrap value. I have another quanto with me (it has the updated engine and drivetrain changes), run for 70k kms.. and guess what, even this one has started giving troubles.

I would advise people to be a little wary of this engine. This has come to us at a very painful time, and I have no respect for any Indian car manufacturer any more. The way they take us for granted is a thing to be experienced. And I am talking about one of their most loyal customers!

Signing off from this thread with a very heavy and angry heart

Thanks,
Simple_car
Cross posting from the Quanto thread. I believe the TUV has the same engine. Has anyone run 70-80k kms with their TUVs? Has anyone faced any engine troubles?
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:26   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Cross posting from the Quanto thread. I believe the TUV has the same engine. Has anyone run 70-80k kms with their TUVs? Has anyone faced any engine troubles?
Me too cross posting from the Quanto thread. Procrj has already replied to your query in that thread. Refer his post below
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
A little apprehensive after reading that even the new 1.5 mHawk Quanto has problems after 70k KMs. In the TUV India watsapp group, there are folks who have done 80k/100k kms in their TUV and have had no issues with the same except for the usual resonator/modulator issues. Can you please elaborate a little on the troubles that your are facing - will help TUV owners to try and stay on top of it.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:12   #1897
BHPian

Turbo failure, injector failure, maybe expensive replacements but cannot be said to be catastrophic for the engine. We are aware that both these parts mentioned are prone to damage through external causes like bad/dirty fuel in case of injectors and abrupt start & shutdown, revving before shutdown for the turbo. I'm not ruling out substandard parts here but only saying that failure of these parts is not a straight forward sign of poor build. Though it is now common knowledge for BHPians but I can recount many instances of people not in the know-how of how to care for the turbo through driving habits. Regularly, I see people revving the guts out of a small turbo-diesel engine. What is the point?

Last edited by mi2n : 2nd December 2017 at 20:16.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 03:14   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Congratulations on your new black tank.

If you have time, could you please tell what brand reverse camera did they fit (I know it is Mahindra accessory but still there may be a name of original manufacturer). Also, are the reverse parking guides in the display (when camera switches on) static or adaptive as the vehicle turns ?
One more query, does the side steps come standard in t6+ variant or did you have to buy it at extra cost?
I don't know about the brand. It's not written on the camera, the IRVM mounted screen or the bill. It is the standard screen that is fixed over the IRVM which remains a mirror when switched off (though it does not have the day-night mode like the original IRVM under it) and becomes a screen when you activate reverse.

There are guides (red and yellow lines) projected on the screen that tell you how close the obstacle is. It is not adaptive since it does not know how the vehicle is turning. It is a simple wide-angle camera. Actually, I only check the mirror for the presence of unseen obstacles behind me (since looking out of IRVM is useless!) but I position and maneuver the vehicle based on the feedback from the ORVMs. The extreme wide angle of the reversing camera is not very helpful in judging distances.

The side steps were standard on the car I got, as were the stepney cover. I think all except T4 have them now.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 10:00   #1899
BHPian

So went on an un-planned trip to Keesaragutta from Hyderabad. Approximately 30 KMs from Hyderabad. It was a beautiful location to spend the evening. Check out the pics, Black Panther just chilling and enjoying the sunset.

Also got my tank wax polished. It took one guy around 6 hours to polish it by hand, it was totally worth it, as the tank was looking like showroom display vehicle. He charged 1800.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-_img_000000_000000_1512275192962.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-_img_000000_000000_1512275095824.jpg  

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 3rd December 2017 at 10:04.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:15   #1900

Some time last year BattleTank mentioned that the IG SS @ ITPL Whitefield was really good. Can anyone update me on that? I have to get my 30K servicing done and am close to bangalore. Thank you guys.
Old 4th December 2017, 10:46   #1901
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved to Bangalore and stay on Kanakpura Road. I need to get my 20K service done and the closest service center is Anant Motors, Bannerghatta Road. Any feedback on this service center?

Thanks,
Old 4th December 2017, 12:38   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I don't know about the brand. It's not written on the camera, the IRVM mounted screen or the bill. It is the standard screen that is fixed over the IRVM which remains a mirror when switched off (though it does not have the day-night mode like the original IRVM under it) and becomes a screen when you activate reverse.
The side steps were standard on the car I got, as were the stepney cover. I think all except T4 have them now.
I hope its not a Chinese fitment. These over-the-IRVM are available for as low as 2800/- at local accessories shops. I had checked out some but they look too crude.l I have thought to wait it out till I can find a complete infotainment system that will include reverse cam.
I still cannot fathom, what engineers at Mahindra were smoking as to not provide Reverse Cam system in vehicle like TUV. In fact they could have removed that stupid HMSL and provided this.

Regards-Sonu
Old 4th December 2017, 14:10   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Did Bengaluru - Pondicherry - Bengaluru during the weekend. Using tankful method I got a fuel efficiency of 17.5 kmpl (822 kms using 47 litres diesel). I have recently done third service, when both oil and air filters were replaced. Also, entire drive was mostly below 90 kmph. Here is a photo of the console showing current DTE
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20171204_085633_hht.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 4th December 2017 at 14:12.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 15:53   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Did Bengaluru - Pondicherry - Bengaluru during the weekend. Using tankful method I got a fuel efficiency of 17.5 kmpl (822 kms using 47 litres diesel). I have recently done third service, when both oil and air filters were replaced. Also, entire drive was mostly below 90 kmph. Here is a photo of the console showing current DTE
17.5 is really shocking efficiency Mine is AMT and gave me a mileage of 12, full A/C 5 adults, 2 children and 100+ KMPH most of the time. No eco mode. This was however before my 2nd service. Need to check again after my 3rd service, hopefully it will improve.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 08:58   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I hope its not a Chinese fitment. These over-the-IRVM are available for as low as 2800/- at local accessories shops. I had checked out some but they look too crude.l I have thought to wait it out till I can find a complete infotainment system that will include reverse cam.
I still cannot fathom, what engineers at Mahindra were smoking as to not provide Reverse Cam system in vehicle like TUV. In fact they could have removed that stupid HMSL and provided this.

Regards-Sonu
I tend to disagree with you Sonu. The reverse camera would surely have been a welcome addition, but definitely not at the cost of the HMSL (High Mounted Stop Lamp). TUV has one of the best HMSL. With those 12 bright LED lights of the lamp the tailgaters get good warning that the TUV is braking. In fact I believe all the cars must have such good brake lights. This would prevent most of the rear endings.

I don't miss the reverse camera at all, else I would have got it fitted on day-1. The ORVMs of TUV are large enough and give a good view of whats happening at the back. The IRVM is also decent enough. The blind spot exactly behind the tailgate (upto 15-20 feet) is not covered by any of the mirrors and a rear camera would prove helpful to cover that area. Once I enter my apartment I have to take my tank in reverse for more than 100 feet (between parked cars on both sides) and slot in my parking at 90 degrees. I have been doing this almost flawlessly for last 2 years

On another note, I wanted to share one issue & its automatic solution, which happened yesterday. After I got the passenger side seat belt fitted last Friday, I thought of giving a good wash & monthly dose of wax polish to my Orange tank. I wanted to check the fluid levels, hence I pulled the bonnet release lever. However nothing happened. Tried several times, but the bonnet didn't budge. So I left it as it is & Monday called my SA & informed him about the issue. He asked to take the car to the workshop, but by that time I was almost midway to my office. On the way to office I went through a road undulation at higher than normal speed and the next moment I got a warning message, "Careful one of the doors is open". I immediately reduced the speed and parked the car to the side of the door, switching on the hazard lights. I opened and closed all the 5 doors, but everything was perfect. Not sure then why the warning had come, I continued to my office. On reaching the office, it clicked me that the warning might have come for the bonnet. Hence I checked the bonnet & I could easily open it. I then shut it down, releasing from4-5 inches, pulled the bonnet release lever, I could feel the "click" now, which was missing in the earlier case & the bonnet could again be opened. Tried this 3-4 times, just to be doubly sure and each time it opened. Thus the issue got resolved on its own. With that slight jerk, the stuck up bonnet might have got released. Called my SA & informed him about this. He said I can observe it for the next few days & if still any issue I can get my car to the workshop.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed