Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 11:37   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
On another note, I wanted to share one issue & its automatic solution, which happened yesterday. After I got the passenger side seat belt fitted last Friday, I thought of giving a good wash & monthly dose of wax polish to my Orange tank. I wanted to check the fluid levels, hence I pulled the bonnet release lever...
On the way to office I went through a road undulation at higher than normal speed and the next moment I got a warning message, "Careful one of the doors is open". I immediately reduced the speed and parked the car to the side of the door, switching on the hazard lights. On reaching the office, it clicked me that the warning might have come for the bonnet. Hence I checked the bonnet & I could easily open it. I then shut it down, releasing from4-5 inches, pulled the bonnet release lever, I could feel the "click" now, which was missing in the earlier case & the bonnet could again be opened. Tried this 3-4 times, just to be doubly sure and each time it opened. Thus the issue got resolved on its own. With that slight jerk, the stuck up bonnet might have got released. Called my SA & informed him about this. He said I can observe it for the next few days & if still any issue I can get my car to the workshop.
HMSL point well taken and admire your driving skills too. I also have tight spot to park because the idiot next to me owns a SCORPIO and always parks it at right angles. Anyway its not as bad as your situation.

If I am not wrong , the hazard lights SWITCH-ON automatically as soonest you pop open the bonnet of TUV. So they should have done the same when you got the door-ajar warning. So do get this checked.
After monsoons, I had given a liberal dose of WD-40 & white grease to all hinges and also to bonnet lock & hinges.
As I have couple of 1956 Fiats, hence I know that these parts can get adamant if not oiled well & when such cars are driven only on weekends.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 11:46   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I hope its not a Chinese fitment. These over-the-IRVM are available for as low as 2800/- at local accessories shops.
Quote:
The IRVM is also decent enough. The blind spot exactly behind the tailgate (upto 15-20 feet) is not covered by any of the mirrors and a rear camera would prove helpful to cover that area.
Most electronics are cheap fitments, anyways, and I know Mahindra must be making a sizeable margin on these items. My priority was to get all electricals / electronic accessories fitted at the dealers so that tomorrow if I have to claim any warranty on electricals they cannot cite these accessories as a reason for not accepting claims under warranty.

Quote:
Not sure then why the warning had come, I continued to my office. On reaching the office, it clicked me that the warning might have come for the bonnet. Hence I checked the bonnet & I could easily open it.
I realised the door open sign stays on whenever the bonnet is open, on the day of the PDI itself (the dealer staff was quite amused that I opened the bonnet to check things. They were also quite knowledgeable as one guy told me PS fluid and brake fluid were in the same container! ). Though the hazard lights switching on automatically is a good idea but it can get pretty irritating and draining on the battery if you have to work on the engine bay for long hours unless there is way to switch it off.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:58   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Though the hazard lights switching on automatically is a good idea but it can get pretty irritating and draining on the battery if you have to work on the engine bay for long hours unless there is way to switch it off.
I think it switches off after a while if you keep the bonnet open for some time.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 12:24   #1909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They were also quite knowledgeable as one guy told me PS fluid and brake fluid were in the same container!
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but PS and Brake fluid have different containers as they are different brands/specifications as indicated in owners manual.

POWER STEERING - SHELL “SPIRAX S3 ATF MD3” Part No. (1102EAA00470N)
BRAKE AND CLUTCH - MAHINDRA “MAXIMILE DOT 4”

Brake fluid is on the left (when standing in front of bonnet) with a black cap where as PS fluid is hidden in front of the battery with a white cap (I think).
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 12:26   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but PS and Brake fluid have different containers as they are different brands/specifications as indicated in owners manual.
I have a feeling that the technicians confused and were actually trying to say Clutch and Brake fluid is in the same container?
Old 5th December 2017, 12:51   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but PS and Brake fluid have different containers as they are different
I was being sarcastic. My previous car had given a lot of PS trouble though I still prefer hydraulic power steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have a feeling that the technicians confused and were actually trying to say Clutch and Brake fluid is in the same container?
He wasn't a technician, perhaps. Just some guy in a uniform acting as if he was PDI boss!
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 14:44   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Though the hazard lights switching on automatically is a good idea but it can get pretty irritating and draining on the battery if you have to work on the engine bay for long hours unless there is way to switch it off.
With the hood open, just press the lock button on the key fob and the blinkers would stop working.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 00:15   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it can get pretty irritating and draining on the battery if you have to work on the engine bay for long hours unless there is way to switch it off.
Press the hazard lights switch two times to switch off the hazard lights, when bonnet is open. Be careful not to press the sensor, which will reactivate the hazard lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
With the hood open, just press the lock button on the key fob and the blinkers would stop working.
Would not it alarm for door ajar? Also, I guess there may be alarms if you open another door.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:18   #1914
BHPian

Someone posted on youtube about touch screen infotainment system offered for non T10 models. Priced at 25k. I personally dont like the fit and finish. It has Mahindra badging, but made by mapmyindia.

Above video posted by Mahindra

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 6th December 2017 at 11:20.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 18:24   #1915

hello Tribe,

iam taking deliver of my tank tomorrow. T10 dual tone. Red and black

ambiguity on the following :

1) should i get the endurance kit done?

2) rear camera they dont have one that connects to the infotainment systems currently. any inputs and info

3) is it a good idea to get the accessories done at the dealer place or get it done outside

Inputs on underbody coat and teflon

Thanks in advance...
Old 6th December 2017, 19:03   #1916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi.N View Post
iam taking deliver of my tank tomorrow. T10 dual tone. Red and black
Congratulations Ravi. Wishing you many miles of stress free ownership

Quote:
1) should i get the endurance kit done?
IMHO, its not worth the price. You are better off spending that money on other things like paint protection, good foot mats, comfy seat covers and other stuff.

Quote:
2) rear camera they dont have one that connects to the infotainment systems currently. any inputs and info
Parking sensors work very well. Try it for sometime before you get a rear camera. Also if you do plan to get a camera, ensure that none of the wiring is cut as M&M will wash their hands of any warranty if they find spliced wiring.

Quote:
3) is it a good idea to get the accessories done at the dealer place or get it done outside
Always better to get it done outside as you can choose quality, price and fitment levels.

Quote:
Inputs on underbody coat and teflon
Dont really need under body unless you plan to drive a lot around puddles & water. Please stay away from tefflon - get good paint protection instead.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 19:47   #1917

Thanks for the inputs.

Any inputs on wheels arches and side cladding will be of help.

Wanting to get a subwoofer fitted.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th December 2017 at 16:59. Reason: typo
Old 7th December 2017, 09:00   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs.

Any inputs on wheels arches and side cladding will be of help..

Wanting to get an subwoofer fitted
Congrats Ravi welcome to the club.
For side protection moulding you can try this one : https://www.m2all.com/tuv300-body-side-moulding.html
Even I am in the lookout for a sub woofer for my TUV and I have finalised on this active subwoofer Blaupunkt GTB 8200A. Reasons being a good VFM woofer with a small foot print, adequate punch for TUV’s dimensions and above all (one of my criteria) does not break the bank.

Do let me know if there are other options that come up in your search for subwoofer.

Cheers, Happy driving!
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 09:11   #1919

thanks sathyasuri ...

I am in two minds on getting Endurance kit done. I just want the wheel arches (I think the round ones define the character better, since they are not available) take the squarish and the front and rear bumpers.

I am going with the Mahindra approved Blaupunkt. The dealer is quoting 21k in Hyderabad.

Last edited by navin : 8th December 2017 at 13:59. Reason: typos
Ravi.N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 10:35   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
thanks sathyasuri ...

iam in two minds on getting endurance kit done.i just want the wheel arches( i think the round ones define the character better, since they are not available) take the squarish and the front and rear bumpers.

iam going with the mahindra approved Blaupunkt. the dealer is quoting 21k in hyderabad.
Hi Ravi, many congratulations on your Red Tank. Please do share your initial observations and thoughts on the tank. Also can you share the price breakdown? Did you get it from VVC Mahindra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks