Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 15:00   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Did the first tankful to tankful after driving my T6+ for 575 km.

1. Normal driving (not aggressive but not slow either)
2. AC compressor ran only 131 km on Eco AC mode
3. 30-40% time in traffic jams or bumper-to-bumper traffic. When it goes to absolute standstill / gridlock situation I shift to Eco mode. This mode is otherwise useless, even in stop and go situations. It is so slow that people cut in ahead of you and the guy behind you honks.
4. Never went above 2000 RPM.

Total FE: 14.70 km/litre. I will be happy if I can get the same FE in summer after the engine has run-in a bit more.

Odometer has crossed 800 km (in 12 days, out of which I was not in town for two days!)

The car seems to be pulling to the left more than it should on a typical road with left camber. I intend to take it to the service center at 1000 km or 1500 km. The two front doors have a mild rattle, too.

Now, the million dollar question. Should I change engine oil at 1500 km? Should I change oil at 3000 km?

Last edited by architect : 8th December 2017 at 15:02.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:12   #1922
BHPian

So this happened today when I was on my way to work. AMT warning light shows up and does not blink. So panicked me checks the user manual for details, manual says contact service center immediately.

More panic. Reached MASS, service advisor quickly connects the computer to TUV and runs some checks. No issues as per the computer, already updated software patch installed.

All confused, then SA asks, did you had any instance of wheel turn today? Yes, I said. He says it's because of wheel turn and there should not be any issue. Also advices me to check regularly and if it happens again without wheel turn issue, then come back.

Something like this happened few months back, the engine stopped. When went to MASS same old story, nothing is wrong.

Me still confused
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20171208180434628_com.miui.videoplayer.png  

Old 10th December 2017, 08:57   #1923
BHPian

I've been following the TUV threads because I have been wanting to buy one after the niggles subside. However seeing the complaints against the model on Facebook is very unnerving.

The comments below this ad on their Facebook page is very eye opening and many of the issues seem genuine. One person has posted his service form but I am not able to decipher too much from it. There are many disgruntled customers that are probably not on TBHP..
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:05   #1924
BHPian

Hi,
Anyone got the insurance renewed recently.
Mine is due for renewal in January, I am getting a quote of 14,857/- with IDV of 7.02 lacs from HDFC Ergo for zero dep cover.
Old 11th December 2017, 16:46   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,
Anyone got the insurance renewed recently.
Mine is due for renewal in January, I am getting a quote of 14,857/- with IDV of 7.02 lacs from HDFC Ergo for zero dep cover.
Had paid mine in the month of Sep - Including GST(18%) - 16590/- for IDV of 7.04 Lacs from Royal Sundaram - Zero Dip.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:24   #1926

Thanks Ramnaresh.
I got it from Automotive,secbad. initial feeling - looking down upon taxis and autos..

went rogue and bought insurance directly. after checking with Bajaj and Royal sundaram finally went with royal sundaram. Zero dip, engine protect,Full invoice price protection, tyre cover and key replacement cover for 28k

got 24X7 roadside assistance and towing
Ravi.N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 21:41   #1927
BHPian

A quick question, does TUV 300 offer ABS with EBD or just ABS alone.
I have gone through the owners manual, it doesn't say anything about EBD anywhere.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:53   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
A quick question, does TUV 300 offer ABS with EBD or just ABS alone.
It does seem to have ABS with EBD. Attaching a screenshot from the Mahindra website.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20171211214841.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2017 at 23:53. Reason: Including a line break between the post and the attachment. Thanks.
Old 12th December 2017, 10:55   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've been following the TUV threads because I have been wanting to buy one after the niggles subside. However seeing the complaints against the model on Facebook is very unnerving.
I agree there were a lot of teething issues in the initial batches and maybe till a year. AMT was way off expected quality and reliability standards. I got mine (manual version) in June this year and except for few minor teething issues, it has been a peaceful ownership. Things seem to have settled down. I haven't had any problems and TUV remains a reliable companion. Fill diesel and go.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 10:57   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi.N View Post
Thanks Ramnaresh.
I got it from Automotive,secbad. initial feeling - looking down upon taxis and autos..

went rogue and bought insurance directly. after checking with Bajaj and Royal sundaram finally went with royal sundaram. Zero dip, engine protect,Full invoice price protection, tyre cover and key replacement cover for 28k

got 24X7 roadside assistance and towing
Thats a great deal. I took mine from dealer for a whooping cost of 35k. Looks like you saved yourself quite a buck . I suggest that you get your Tank serviced at suchitra circle MASS and not at Hitech city MASS. I was not at all satisfied with the later MASS.

What other accessories did you get for the Tank?
Old 12th December 2017, 14:07   #1931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The comments below this ad on their Facebook page is very eye opening and many of the issues seem genuine. One person has posted his service form but I am not able to decipher too much from it. There are many disgruntled customers that are probably not on TBHP..
If you are looking for a fill it - shut it - forget it car, then dont buy the TUV. Yes there are small niggles and issues for which you will need to go to MASS. But purely from a value for money view point, there are not many cars that will come close to the TUV - both from a upfront cost as well as overall maintenance point of view.

IMHO you only need to do 2 things:
1. Keep yourself educated on the problems/issues that other owners are facing using various media
2. Build a strong relationship with you service center folks

If you can do both of the above, then a lot of these small niggles, issues dont become much of a problem as you know what to expect. In most places, MASS quality of service is poor (based on feedback on various groups) and hence it really important to find a decent service center, get talking to the service folks & make them understand that you will not stand for their usual bullshit.

P.S: Can you post the service form that you are referring to? Curious to know what the problem is.

Last edited by procrj : 12th December 2017 at 14:08.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 10:24   #1932
BHPian

I have been trying to upload the service form here but seems that privilege has been revoked for me. It used to work earlier. Anyway I am planning to visit a M&M dealer this weekend and hopefully get a year end deal sweet enough to book. I am looking at the T10.
I will look at outside insurance to save some cash, are there any other avenues?
Old 14th December 2017, 11:44   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post

Something like this happened few months back, the engine stopped. When went to MASS same old story, nothing is wrong.

Me still confused
Would advice you to get a decent OBD2 Scanner, learn about the error codes and you will be able to handle these tricky situations better. If it is a reoccurring issue OBD2 scanner would be very handy, you will get to know what the problem is first-hand and that would avoid unnecessary panic and frustration. It also helps to decide weather you can even drive the car further without seriously damaging it or not.
I own a Xylo mHawk, on an uneventful day the car started juddering and check engine light came on, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out it was related to either EGR valve or vaccum pump, so cleared the codes and drove home. I was able to sleep peacefully without worrying about what or how bad the problem could be. Took the car to MASS next day and EGR Valve was replaced under warranty.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:33   #1934
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their Tank to touchscreen infotainment system? If yes, can you please share the details. I have been hunting after-markets for quite a long time, but was not able to get a decent touch screen infotainment system. My needs are simple, it should have touchscreen, navigation and compatibility for reverse camera.
Old 16th December 2017, 22:37   #1935

Visited Mahindra showroom in Chandigarh. Saw this discount chart.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20171216_163941.jpg  

akchd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks