Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 11:52   #1951
BHPian

Habit of using customers as test ground will not go easily. Too many self competing varients and now they are confused.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:20   #1952
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I own a T8 December 2015 model. ESS switch input to disable ESS is permanent for me until I press the switch again to reactivate. Not sure if there is new ECU software, mine was last updated in July 2017.
Been to service center. Service advisor told that what am experiencing is the expected behavior of ESS switch for latest models . He also mentioned that he can disconnect the switch if I insist to disable the feature. Since, I don't forsee using the feature I asked him to disconnect the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Congrats deetee, Hulk looks dashing. What is the price breakdown? What accessories did you get fitted? Any plan to get upgraded to Touchscreen infotainment system?
Thank You Ramnaresh! I am preparing an intial ownership review, will mention the details in it
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:53   #1953
BHPian

Planning to install a fender mirror on my tank. Anyone on this forum who has already for one fitted? Is there a TUV specific fender or would the standard Fortuner fender be sufficient for the tank?

I find the lower left side front bumper and the left skirting area (where the step is provided) to be blink spots, especially while negotiating a narrow left turn with stone high enough to brush the left sided skirting.
Old 26th December 2017, 19:02   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
Planning to install a fender mirror on my tank. ... especially while negotiating a narrow left turn with stone high enough to brush the left sided skirting.
I too thought of that but refrained due to 2 reasons
1. Mounting on the bonet/fender will require drilling and screws. Don't think double sided tape/glue will be able to hold the mirror.
2. If the vehicle colour is silver/ white, getting a matching mirror is easy. Else, it may again need to be painted in body color.

For the time being am using electrical mirror adjustment of ORVM to look at those low blind spots.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:46   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I too thought of that but refrained due to 2 reasons
1. Mounting on the bonet/fender will require drilling and screws. Don't think double sided tape/glue will be able to hold the mirror.
those low blind spots.
I drive a white colored tank so finding a fender of that color should not be difficult. your point # 1 is the only reason why I've not installed the fender mirror. Do not wish to drill holes on the bonnet - that way I will always have to sport a fender mirror to keep the drill holes covered.

Also I am yet to witness any TUV with a fender, so will wait and see if its worth installing one.

Thanks deetee for your inputs, appreciate it.
Old 27th December 2017, 16:10   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Does the T6+ get Anti-theft warning? If yes, does it need to be activated? How does one test it?
Old 29th December 2017, 11:38   #1957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Does the T6+ get Anti-theft warning? If yes, does it need to be activated? How does one test it?
Immobilizer is the only Anti-theft system that I know of in the TUV. You dont need to do anything, just check if the Red immobilizer light is flashing periodically after you remote lock the car.
Old 29th December 2017, 16:05   #1958
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am in a need of suggestion . Looking for an upgrade from 5.5 yr old Figo and have shortlisted TUV, Breeza and Ecosport. Some how I am sold with TUV's look and road presence. Was about to book T10 variant when my better half looked out for a more optimal solution and pointed out that Breeza ZDi + at the same price point comes with more features. Ecosport was dropped since it was more of a 4 seater to us. Now I am in a fix.. please advice.
Old 29th December 2017, 16:43   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Looking for an upgrade from 5.5 yr old Figo and have shortlisted TUV, Breeza and Ecosport. Some how I am sold with TUV's look and road presence. Was about to book T10 variant when my better half looked out for a more optimal solution and pointed out that Breeza ZDi + at the same price point comes with more features. Ecosport was dropped since it was more of a 4 seater to us. Now I am in a fix.. please advice.
I went through a similar situation and can only say that:

1. If you were happy with Ford ownership, stick to the Ecosport. It also drives, rides and handles a tad better than the Brezza, in my opinion. I did not even consider the Brezza because of having driven the Fiat MJD for too long before and not wanting to live for another ten years with the same engine.

2. The TUV is a totally different vehicle, it is more rugged and has more load carrying capacity. It also has the most spacious rear seat. It is a true three- seater in that sense (only thing it lacks is the headrest for the middle passenger). Low-speed ride quality and power are nothing to write home about.

3. Living with the Ecosport or Brezza will be easier from the maintenance perspective.

4. Finally, it boils down to whether you want a car on stilts or a shrunken truck.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:42   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I am in a need of suggestion . Looking for an upgrade from 5.5 yr old Figo and have shortlisted TUV, Breeza and Ecosport. Some how I am sold with TUV's look and road presence. Was about to book T10 variant when my better half looked out for a more optimal solution and pointed out that Breeza ZDi + at the same price point comes with more features. Ecosport was dropped since it was more of a 4 seater to us. Now I am in a fix.. please advice.
Hi pious_devil, I would strongly suggest against Brezza, reason being build and finish of brezza is pathetic. If you want a rugged vehicle, then go with TUV. If you want fill up and shut up vehicle, then dont go for TUV, ecosport is better option.

As per my personal experience below are cons of TUV

1) High body roll
2) Low mileage (Mine is AMT, gives me 12-13 kmpl in city)
3) Minor niggles (Patience required intially until they are fixed by MASS)

Pros

1) Very spacious (5+2)
2) Low maintenance (spares and service)
3) Good road presence and butch stance
4) Steady vehicle (around 1800 kgs kerb weight). Does not stutter or break a sweat even at 140+ speed
5) Mahindra service presence

Hope this helps.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:47   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I went through a similar phase, I owned a Ford Figo (2010 model) and towards mid 2015 was looking for an upgrade. Me and my family wanted a car that was an upgrade over the Figo.
We drove as many cars that were within our budget - right from mid segment Sedans to the cross overs. But most of them felt like glorified hatchbacks with bells and whistles.
As we were searching for a car is when we hooked on to TUV300 a recently launched car for that year (2015).
I've been driving that car for over 2 years now, some of the positives:
1. A true SUV build wise.
2. Has enough room for 5 passengers.
3. M&M's service performance has improved by leaps and bounds (while they might not be the best, but they are improving).
4. A T10 would not be a bad investment as some of the earlier flaws within the first gen TUV has been rectified to my knowledge plus provided added power.
5. Easy to maneuver in the city traffic in spite of its size

For a person who's driven a hatch back like ford, it might take a bit of time to get adjusted to the running of the TUV, there is a shudder when the engine starts and stops. The gear shaft vibrates all throughout while the engine is one. Some of the finishing of the TUV (the cubby holes are designed without much thought), the car can whine and sound like a Tempo Traveller on a cold morning until it warms up.

Test drive all the shortlisted cars and see what car do you and your family like from a driver comfort, passenger seating comfort, the bells and whistles that you feel are important to have and whether you want to get the feel of driving an SUV or a MUV
Old 29th December 2017, 19:47   #1962
BHPian

Anyone up sized the alloys and tyres? Alloywheelskart.com suggests an upgrade to R16. I am considering swapping the stock alloys with an upsized or same size better looking ones and softer tyres if available/practical.
Old 29th December 2017, 23:48   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TUV, Breeza and Ecosport
What is the reason for the upgrade - more space? better safety? more power? better ride? more creature comfort?

more space, creature comforts - TUV. The other two dont hold a candle
safety, creature comforts, ride & power - Ecosport

Please dont consider the Breeza as IMHO, its not very safe, runs the same old 1.3 engine and over priced for what it delivers. If you really want a car from the MSIL stable, then consider the new S Cross as the engine tune is much better even though its the same 1.3L national engine.

I would also urge you to think about your driving patterns - if its 70+% highways where you can cruise at ~80 kmph, then the Ecosport or S Cross would be an ideal choice (assuming you dont need the +2 space that TUV provides). If its a mix of good + bad roads, then the TUV might give you an edge over the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Anyone up sized the alloys and tyres? Alloywheelskart.com suggests an upgrade to R16. I am considering swapping the stock alloys with an upsized or same size better looking ones and softer tyres if available/practical.
Do you plan to stick to the tyre dia after upgrade? if yes, then you will end up with smaller sidewall height and hence a harsher ride when compared to the current setup. If you run into suspension problems at a later date, M&M might wash its hands off and blame the bigger wheels for the same.
Old 30th December 2017, 14:53   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I am in a need of suggestion . Looking for an upgrade from 5.5 yr old Figo and have shortlisted TUV, Breeza and Ecosport.
Looks - Subjective, TUV:Macho, Ecosport:Funky, Brezza:Neutral

Safety - Ecosport, since it offers 6 Airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, Traction Control, Hill hold, Brake Assist, ISOFIX, TPMS

Space and Ergonomics - TUV 300 scores in both while the other 2 are ergonomically perfect but don't offer the flexibility that TUV offers

Engine - Ecosport, since the TUV's is a 3 cylinder motor and the Brezza's is a 1248CC engine. TDCi is tractable in the city with minimal lag and is very relaxed in the highway. TDCi is a bigger & proper 4 cylinder engine.

Service Cost - Ecosport, 20K service costed me 4.5K and Ford's promise on their website was Rs. 5108/-. Service cost is listed in Ford's website and hence there is transparency.

Fuel Economy - Brezza > Ecosport > TUV 300

Convenience features - Ecosport > Brezza > TUV

Ride quality and driving manners - Ecosport and Brezza trump the TUV here since a body on frame chassis cannot match a monocoque in this aspect

Price - Brezza ZDi+ is 11.68, Ecosport TDCi Titanium Plus 13.03, TUV T10 is 11.66. (Bangalore OTR - Source Cardekho)

Resale - Brezza > Ecosport > TUV

You need to decide based on the budget you have and your requirement. If budget isn't a constraint then Ecosport is the best buy.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd January 2018 at 14:44. Reason: Ecosport typo corrected
Old 30th December 2017, 17:43   #1965
BHPian

Thanks @architect,@ramnaresh_2000,@BattleTank,@diyguy,@pr ocrj,@Karthik Chandra for all the valuable inputs.

I too have some concerns with the quality of Brezza since Maruti cuts cost on lot of places. A thinner sheet metal for example.
There was increasing demand for space as my family somehow always travel heavy. Request was put out for a budget 7 seater. I had to reject it as its difficult to negotiate traffic in Bangalore (daily 50 km). Hence started looking for those "glorified hatches" with bigger boot.
The priorities being safety, space and better powertrain.
Since I have been using Ford , I indeed TD Ecosport first and found no difference than Figo apart form the feeling "Figo on stilts" as architect hinted. Plus the rear space was too cramped as compared to other care in the same segment.
Duster too was rejected since the design looks dated and beyond my budget even though I liked the driving characteristics.

Let me TD TUV and then I guess either I get convinced or I can convince my better half.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks