Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2018, 01:42   #2056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Thank you sir!

About the agent fee within the LTT, is this something worth asking them about? This and the incidental charges may sour my transaction with them. I already asked them about the (il)legality of their incidental charges and they're not backing down. I feel I may need to cancel my booking if they persist with illegal stuff. I just did the booking today.

Regarding the insurance, I have a quote from Tata AIG for 22k. It has b2b and some other stuff thrown in.
In that case, why not get a counter quote from another dealer in Chennai, say India garage, and see if you can get it cancelled? Or may be tell them that you have an offer from another dealer without that incidental charge. I still do not understand what incident are they charging for.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 13:59   #2057
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
About the agent fee within the LTT, is this something worth asking them about? This and the incidental charges may sour my transaction with them. I already asked them about the (il)legality of their incidental charges and they're not backing down. I feel I may need to cancel my booking if they persist with illegal stuff. I just did the booking today.
Drop a Note to Mahindra customer care with the details of LTT as well as Incidental charges that the dealer is adding on. They will loop in top management of the dealer as well as the M&M Regional after Sales Manager, who should be able to help waive these additional charges without a lot of headache. As you are planning to own a Mahindra, get used to writing to customer care/service center head as that is most often the best way to ensure that you have the right info and you are charged only for things that need to be charged.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 11:42   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Great to hear that. Let me share my experience. After booking, I suddenly noticed (read feared!) that due to height of TUV300, I might not be able to park it inside my compound. Luckily, there's few inches to spare. Was lucky there.
============
QUESTION: Is it normal to see black oil spills after parking? Esp, after long drives? Not regular. I noticed this twice. Any idea? I did a basic check. No spill from engine bay / coolant. It is oil. Wondering where it is spilling from. Is anyone else facing this? Let me know. Or else, will get it checked this week & post updates.
UPDATE:

1) The oil spill, I spoke of earlier is due to some fault in the oil pump. M&M initially got a adhoc fitment - as I needed the vehicle asap. They advised me that the oil pump needs to be changed completely. So, I got the vehicle back when I am free. By the time, the part also has been ordered & replaced. Now, it is fine.

2) The MLD kit has been replaced. Two things very noticeable after the MLD kit replacement are: a) A slight humming sound - after you reach 5th gear on highways. Very light one. You have to turn off a/c to hear it. b) The speed very slightly comes down. Normally, I used to cruise in 110-120. Now, 100-110. A 10kmph drop. Not sure, if anyone else is facing this. But, otherwise, no regrets.

3) As I was telling earlier, rear camera is much required. Seems, ppl are starting to feel the pinch & the part is much in demand. Mine was ordered a few weeks back, yet to get it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th February 2018 at 17:25. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for replies. Thanks.
shreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 13:00   #2059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
In that case, why not get a counter quote from another dealer in Chennai, say India garage, and see if you can get it cancelled? Or may be tell them that you have an offer from another dealer without that incidental charge. I still do not understand what incident are they charging for.
I was PM'd by a fellow BHPian to call another showroom's SA. Will do so shortly. But that showroom is halfway across Chennai and I won't be able to visit them (if it comes to that) till weekends come along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Drop a Note to Mahindra customer care with the details of LTT as well as Incidental charges that the dealer is adding on. They will loop in top management of the dealer as well as the M&M Regional after Sales Manager, who should be able to help waive these additional charges without a lot of headache. As you are planning to own a Mahindra, get used to writing to customer care/service center head as that is most often the best way to ensure that you have the right info and you are charged only for things that need to be charged.
Yes indeed! I'd much like to get my purchase done through this dealership which is near my home. I did e-mail customercare@mahindra.com yesterday; i attached the invoice and mentioned the discrepancies with the LTT and the incidental charge.
I have noticed you telling prospective TUV buyers in the past too - everything's such a fuss and a fight for owners of Mahindra products. But to their credit, I don't see much of a direct competition for their products. It's a TUV or nothing for me...maybe a used pre-2011 4 cylinder Wagon R would satisfy me!

Quote:
UPDATE:

1) The oil spill, I spoke of earlier is due to some fault in the oil pump. M&M initially got a adhoc fitment - as I needed the vehicle asap. They advised me that the oil pump needs to be changed completely. So, I got the vehicle back when I am free. By the time, the part also has been ordered & replaced. Now, it is fine.

2) The MLD kit has been replaced. Two things very noticeable after the MLD kit replacement are: a) A slight humming sound - after you reach 5th gear on highways. Very light one. You have to turn off a/c to hear it. b) The speed very slightly comes down. Normally, I used to cruise in 110-120. Now, 100-110. A 10kmph drop. Not sure, if anyone else is facing this. But, otherwise, no regrets.

3) As I was telling earlier, rear camera is much required. Seems, ppl are starting to feel the pinch & the part is much in demand. Mine was ordered a few weeks back, yet to get it.
Sorry to hear about the oil pump, but glad it's all set now.

Regarding the MLD kit, I have seen other TUV owners on TBhp remark that after the fitment was made, they've seen their kmpl figures improve vastly. And yes, they mentioned the humming noise as well.

As for the rear camera, while booking a T8, i was told that there is no way that an OEM camera and screen can be fitted in any version lower than the T10. Zulaikha motors (Chennai) only offered an aftermarket camera fitment to me

Post-script update

Spoke to a SA from another showroom. Here were his replies:
* The incidental charges are to cover the dealer's transportation expenses. It seems all dealerships charge it; if not openly, they include it in the ex-showroom price.
* The extra Rs.3K padded in the LTT must be to cover various taxes and RTO expenses (he mentioned a road-safety tax of around Rs.2K, for instance)
* This guy also said that a reverse-camera's screen in T8 would be an aftermarket fitment only.
* Finally, he offered me a 2017 T10 at a discounted price. He'll call me back soon with a quote. I have no idea if I should go in for it.

Last edited by locusjag : 12th February 2018 at 13:13. Reason: Added an update
Old 12th February 2018, 13:24   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the oil pump, but glad it's all set now.

Regarding the MLD kit, I have seen other TUV owners on TBhp remark that after the fitment was made, they've seen their kmpl figures improve vastly. And yes, they mentioned the humming noise as well.

As for the rear camera, while booking a T8, i was told that there is no way that an OEM camera and screen can be fitted in any version lower than the T10. Zulaikha motors (Chennai) only offered an aftermarket camera fitment to me
Not really. If you have an infotainment system (touchscreen), you can get the reverse camera fitted instantly - after flashing the infotainment system. (You can only do it at MASS - they'll connect the vehicle to Chakan to get it done - remotely.)

Add to that - Though you can get an after market kit for the same after flashing (which will just "enable" camera feature), the reverse camera needs to be integrated with infotainment system. I won't trust anyone else to tamper with that. So, it is safe to go with MASS. SA also suggested it is better you get it done at MASS. (Not about money here.)
Old 12th February 2018, 16:48   #2061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not really. If you have an infotainment system (touchscreen), you can get the reverse camera fitted instantly - after flashing the infotainment system. (You can only do it at MASS - they'll connect the vehicle to Chakan to get it done - remotely.)

Add to that - Though you can get an after market kit for the same after flashing (which will just "enable" camera feature), the reverse camera needs to be integrated with infotainment system. I won't trust anyone else to tamper with that. So, it is safe to go with MASS. SA also suggested it is better you get it done at MASS. (Not about money here.)
That's exactly the issue - T8 doesn't have a touchscreen infotainment system. The salespersons are very clear that only for models with a touchscreen can the reverse-cam feed be shown on the in-built screen. The only way a T8 can have a reversing cam's screen according to dealers in Chennai is to have an aftermarket screen (looks like a Garmin GPS screen) on the dashboard or stuck to the windscreen. I have spoken to 2 dealers about this now.

Quote:
* Finally, he offered me a 2017 T10 at a discounted price. He'll call me back soon with a quote. I have no idea if I should go in for it.
So, I have an offer for a 2017 T10 with an on-road price of around 9,80,000. There are heavy discounts involved. I am not going for this one...although I am thinking of getting a T10.

On the topic of the padded LTT and the incidental charge:
After speaking to two dealerships, it is clear that they're all doing it. Now, I am just awaiting a response from Mahindra customer care with their take on this.
Old 12th February 2018, 17:17   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
That's exactly the issue - T8 doesn't have a touchscreen infotainment system. The salespersons are very clear that only for models with a touchscreen can the reverse-cam feed be shown on the in-built screen. The only way a T8 can have a reversing cam's screen according to dealers in Chennai is to have an aftermarket screen (looks like a Garmin GPS screen) on the dashboard or stuck to the windscreen. I have spoken to 2 dealers about this now.
That is correct. But, you can get infotainment fitted too at dealer - it comes as a package. Even for T8. All you need to do is, to flash the software. Nothing else needed. On the other hand, if you don't want an infotainment touchscreen, you can always opt for after market one - that is less hassle installation process & cheaper too. I wanted the reverse camera to be able to view in LCD. Else, I would have gone for after market too.
Old 13th February 2018, 00:30   #2063
BHPian

Quote:

So, I have an offer for a 2017 T10 with an on-road price of around 9,80,000. There are heavy discounts involved. I am not going for this one...although I am thinking of getting a T10.
That's a very heavy discount. My guess it must be more than 6 months old vehicle. Anycase , you can get the VIN number and check it. If it is something like Nov or Dec make , then a good buy.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 12:52   #2064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
That's a very heavy discount. My guess it must be more than 6 months old vehicle. Anycase , you can get the VIN number and check it. If it is something like Nov or Dec make , then a good buy.
I can choose a 2017 November manufactured T8 for Rs.9,85,857 or a 2017 November manufactured T10 for Rs.10,57,492 (both prices are without including the respective costs of insurance).

I'd be saving around Rs.80,000 on the 2017 T8 and Rs.60,000 on the 2017 T10.

As you could see from my posts yesterday and today, I am vacillating between "I want it" and "no way", for a 2017 vehicle...

@ All

I came to know today that the Incidental charge is an offspring of the e-way bill system under GST. That explains why we're all taken by surprise by it.

Also, the lifetime tax in Tamil Nadu of 10% is supplemented with a Road safety tax and also a brokerage fee. That's why my life time tax comes out to more than just 10% of the ex-showroom cost.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 19:22   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
I can choose a 2017 November manufactured T8 for Rs.9,85,857 or a 2017 November manufactured T10 for Rs.10,57,492 (both prices are without including the respective costs of insurance).

I'd be saving around Rs.80,000 on the 2017 T8 and Rs.60,000 on the 2017 T10.

As you could see from my posts yesterday and today, I am vacillating between "I want it" and "no way", for a 2017 vehicle...

@ All

I came to know today that the Incidental charge is an offspring of the e-way bill system under GST. That explains why we're all taken by surprise by it.

Also, the lifetime tax in Tamil Nadu of 10% is supplemented with a Road safety tax and also a brokerage fee. That's why my life time tax comes out to more than just 10% of the ex-showroom cost.
2017 November is not very old. If you are going to keep the car for long enough, if you can satisfy yourself with all the teambhp PDI checks, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't pocket that handsome discount and drive a tank home happily.
My green tank is also mid Nov 2017 manufactred. Bought towards end of December. Between Nov and this Feb there are no updates to vehicle or specs for T8 and T10 .

Last edited by deetee : 13th February 2018 at 19:26. Reason: Typo
Old 15th February 2018, 00:10   #2066
BANNED

Quote:
Since the MLD is not a factory fitment, the quality of work varies by service center. Some folks who have got MLD changed have had zero issues post fitment where as some of them have had issues with static lamps, vibrations, humming sound etc. Hence get MLD if and only if its an absolute necessity i.e if you face wheelspin as part of your daily drive or quiet frequently due to the terrain.
A friend of mine has recently got the top end TUV in dual tone, is his vehicle factory fitted with MLD? If not, shall I ask him to approach the service station for the same? He frequently drive on hilly roads and even snow covered terrain too.

What is to be told to A.S.S. guys and will it be completely free?
Old 15th February 2018, 06:51   #2067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
A friend of mine has recently got the top end TUV in dual tone, is his vehicle factory fitted with MLD?
MLD is retrofit only. I've heard that M&M have tweaked suspension setup of new cars to reduce wheel spin. Would recommend MLD only if the issue is a frequent occurrence during drives. He will need to take a video of wheel spin and share with MASS, who will then order MLD & fit.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 10:00   #2068
BANNED

Quote:
Would recommend MLD only if the issue is a frequent occurrence during drives.
What are the disadvantages of the MLD if we get one installed?
Old 15th February 2018, 11:01   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
What are the disadvantages of the MLD if we get one installed?
Hi,

I don't see any dis-advantage with the MLD Retrofitment. Rather the advantages of MLD Retrofitment far out-weigh the dis-advantages, if any.

I am more than satisfied post MLD Retrofitment. Post MLD Retrofitment, the TUV300 has become a go anywhere vehicle of the family, with increased mileage figures of 14 kmpl in Normal Mode and 16 kmpl in Eco Mode on the highways @ Speeds in the excess of 90-100 kmph.

Post MLD Retrofitment, the vehicle feels more planted on the road and is well behaved on the roads.

With regards.

Ameeth
Ameeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 12:19   #2070
Distinguished - BHPian

Erm...not sure if this sounds like spam, but - TVS Mahindra (Aminjikarai, Chennai) has 4 TUV 300s which were manufactured in Nov 2017.

They are available with deep discounts. 3 are T8 models and the discounts work out around 60K to 80K and 1 is a T10 on which the discount totals roughly 40K to 60K. Your discount mileage may vary.

Please do PM me if anyone needs the sales person's phone number.

Why am I posting this unsolicited ad here? I feel guilty for leaving any of these discounted beauties un-purchased, since I contemplated these but finally decided on a Feb 2018 manufactured T8, for some personal reasons. To rest my conscience, I rest my case. Phew!

Most Viewed