Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:13   #2131
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

I had ordered for magnetic sun shades along with sporty pedal covers and chrome strip for rear door through M2All. However they did not deliver for next 10 days. Upon repeated followups I was told that there is problem in accessories delivery from Mahindra and that they are unable to ship. Got refund; but had never expected such pathetic service from M2All.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:33   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
I had ordered for magnetic sun shades along with sporty pedal covers and chrome strip for rear door through M2All. However they did not deliver for next 10 days. Upon repeated followups I was told that there is problem in accessories delivery from Mahindra and that they are unable to ship. Got refund; but had never expected such pathetic service from M2All.
Search and you shall find!

This review would have saved you from the trouble - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4243869
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:24   #2133
BANNED

Got the MLD installation done and here are a few initial impressions:
  • I cannot find any effect on FE, it's more or less same
  • Slight humming noise is there but is well bearable, I drove all the way till 140 kph and the humming noise was noticeable but is very low
  • The TUV is now easily doing what it couldn't in the morning
  • I can bet that it's a virtual go-anywhere vehicle now; until it's proper 4x4 stuff
Very much satisfied with Mahindra and M/S Tirupati Automobiles, Bijnor (Uttar Pradesh), the service adviser Mr. Ashraf Mohammad was getting an MLD installation done for the first time in his life; I was initially a bit apprehensive but he assured me that he may haven't done it before but he will try harder. Flat in 3 hours, the car was back in my hands with MLD installed, tested and washed. Impressive, probably one of the best service experiences I have had in my life.

Let some pictures do the talking now:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180323_105738.jpg
That's the price of the unit!

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180323_111056.jpg
That's Mr. MLD

Final drive ratio is same at 4.3 for both older open differential and MLD:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180323_110758.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180323_114940.jpg

I tested MLD on multiple occasions, even after completely suspending one rear wheel in the air, in forward as well as in reverse. I am completely satisfied with the outcome and in fact had the TUV pass through one section with an ease where I myself had the Hexa XTA suck and taken out in reverse.

VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 23:24   #2134
Senior - BHPian

My TUV T6+ has had its first warranty replacement at 4 months and 7900 km: the vacuum modulator. The dealer fitted reversing camera has stopped working. There are some minor rattles. Details are there on my ownership thread. Otherwise All Izz Well. It's too early for a comprehensive judgement but so far so good.
Old 25th March 2018, 18:31   #2135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Got the MLD installation done and here are a few initial impressions:
  • I cannot find any effect on FE, it's more or less same
  • Slight humming noise is there but is well bearable, I drove all the way till 140 kph and the humming noise was noticeable but is very low
  • The TUV is now easily doing what it couldn't in the morning
  • I can bet that it's a virtual go-anywhere vehicle now; until it's proper 4x4 stuff
Very much satisfied with Mahindra and M/S Tirupati Automobiles, Bijnor (Uttar Pradesh), the service adviser Mr. Ashraf Mohammad was getting an MLD installation done for the first time in his life; I was initially a bit apprehensive but he assured me that he may haven't done it before but he will try harder. Flat in 3 hours, the car was back in my hands with MLD installed, tested and washed. Impressive...............

VKumar, I'm very happy to know of your experience post-MLD fitment! And the video certainly speaks louder than words!
Just a word of caution regarding long-term MLD maintenance - being a mechanical device (http://www.eaton.in/EatonIN/Products...als/PCT_329342), it uses fly weights & a self-energizing clutch for its functioning. And needless to add, this mechanism has an operational life ( ~ 60K km) post which you could get it checked up.

Last edited by shashanka : 25th March 2018 at 18:34.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:11   #2136
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra has discontinued the T4 and T6 variants. In the updated brochure and the price list, only T4+ and T6+ is found.

The brochure screenshot
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-brochure.jpg

Price list
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-price.jpg
Old 5th April 2018, 02:42   #2137
BHPian

Came across this recent review of TUV300 T10 Manual. 'That car guy' is amazing.

knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 12:40   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm feeling pretty foolish right now. I just realized that my 1 month old TUV lacks a lap-belt in the 2nd row. So much for my PDI! The 2nd row only has the two wall-mounted shoulder-belts.

If I ask the dealer about it now, will they fix it or will they say that I am responsible for it? I'll find out.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:45   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm feeling pretty foolish right now. I just realized that my 1 month old TUV lacks a lap-belt in the 2nd row. So much for my PDI! The 2nd row only has the two wall-mounted shoulder-belts.

If I ask the dealer about it now, will they fix it or will they say that I am responsible for it? I'll find out.
If you look below the center seat, you should be able to find it lying there. I found mine while getting the mats fitted !
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 19:51   #2140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
If you look below the center seat, you should be able to find it lying there. I found mine while getting the mats fitted !
I did as you said after a quick jog to the car and there it lies coiled and bound by a rubber-band, below the backseat and on the floor. Weird.

Thanks mate!

I'd earlier called my salesperson and he too attempted to describe this but I couldn't understand how the belt could be 'under the cushion', as he put it. I actually thought that the belt was in the seat's cushion, below the fabric
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 20:40   #2141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
VKumar, I'm very happy to know of your experience post-MLD fitment! And the video certainly speaks louder than words!
Just a word of caution regarding long-term MLD maintenance - being a mechanical device (http://www.eaton.in/EatonIN/Products...als/PCT_329342), it uses fly weights & a self-energizing clutch for its functioning. And needless to add, this mechanism has an operational life ( ~ 60K km) post which you could get it checked up.
Thanks a lot for the information Shashanka, this has indeed got me ready for a new MLD under the extended warranty once this one crosses 60k kms. Going by Mahindra A.S.S., I am quite assured that a new MLD is on its way for the TUV once this one gives way at 60k or so kms on odo.

In the meanwhile, I am enjoying the short wheelbase + high GC and wonderful visibility of the TUV 3OO after the MLD installation, here is another video show today itself and soon this car is heading to:
1) A jungle safari with one proper 4x4
2) Leh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'd earlier called my salesperson and he too attempted to describe this but I couldn't understand how the belt could be 'under the cushion', as he put it. I actually thought that the belt was in the seat's cushion, below the fabric
Thanks for this post sir, read it and found mine too!
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 22:59   #2142
BHPian

I have done 1700km in 3 months in my TUV. I asked the sales guy if there is a time limit or km limit for the service and he said 3000km. I will take another two to three months to touch this mark. Is it fine to wait till then for the first engine oil change? I checked the service manual and it reads the same - service at 3000km.
Old 7th April 2018, 05:32   #2143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Thanks a lot for the information Shashanka, this has indeed got me ready for a new MLD under the extended warranty......found mine too!
It's heartening to know that M&M plans to provide a 2nd MLD (post ~ 60K) under the extended warranty - looks like they have understood that they are no longer the only king of the hill & have started taking customer's concerns seriously!

In the meantime, go ahead & enjoy!
Old 7th April 2018, 07:32   #2144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
It's heartening to know that M&M plans to provide a 2nd MLD (post ~ 60K) under the extended warranty - looks like they have understood that they are no longer the only king of the hill & have started taking customer's concerns seriously!

In the meantime, go ahead & enjoy!
After having owned a couple of Mahindra vehicles in past few years, I can say that they are arguably the most serious guys in India when it comes to keeping their customers pampered. I can count on my own fingers 2 instances where they surprised me by going out of the way for serving us (us == me, family and friends) and a few more where they have simply left us surprised with the alertness and unexpected responses. In fact, I would say that the XUV has managed to sail past all the initial issues solely because of the alertness and commitment at Mahindra's end. People these days praise Tata, some say Maruti is wonderful; but I have had my best service experiences with Mahindra closely followed by Toyota.

Last edited by VKumar : 7th April 2018 at 07:35.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 09:22   #2145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have done 1700km in 3 months in my TUV. I asked the sales guy if there is a time limit or km limit for the service and he said 3000km. I will take another two to three months to touch this mark. Is it fine to wait till then for the first engine oil change? I checked the service manual and it reads the same - service at 3000km.
I have seen my share of time or miles cut-offs for oil change. These range from Honda Civics that my friends owned in the US, to my motorcycles. Now, M&M isn't citing time at all, throughout the TUV's lifecycle, going by the manual. I wonder if that's because of the grade of oil that's used and the weather...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks