Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2018, 19:02   #2176
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
I was basically looking for HUs with Android Auto and hence have shortlisted these two models: PIONEER AVH-Z5090BT & Sony XAV-AX100.
The frame is a Mahindra Genuine Accessory. Please check this Youtube video for the part numbers. Touchscreen HU[/url]
Yeah I have seen this video, I was not aware that mahindra was selling the frame separately. I am a bit excited now as I dont have to go with Mahindra's touch screen. I was thinking of Sony XAV also.
Old 27th April 2018, 13:05   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was basically looking for HUs with Android Auto and hence have shortlisted these two models: PIONEER AVH-Z5090BT & Sony XAV-AX100.
The frame is a Mahindra Genuine Accessory.
Hello sathyasuri!

Wouldn't getting the Pioneer and Sony models fitted nullify the M&M warranty? At least that's what Zulaikha motors folks told me - to get their M&M authorized Mapmyindia touchscreen unit for around Rs.26K, or else...
Old 27th April 2018, 14:37   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Hello sathyasuri!

Wouldn't getting the Pioneer and Sony models fitted nullify the M&M warranty? At least that's what Zulaikha motors folks told me - to get their M&M authorized Mapmyindia touchscreen unit for around Rs.26K, or else...
My understanding is as long as no wire is cut the warranty is intact. As far as I have checked there are connectors available for connecting the third party HUs to the M&M OEM HU's connectors so if the installation is done by a good installer there will not be any cutting of wires and should not technically void the M&M warranty.
I also purchased my vehicle from Zulaikha motors and at the time of purchase they made similar claims about warranty but I didn't believe them (they had already made another tall claim about insurance premium) so I went ahead and installed a single-din system outside from a good accessories store.
In general from my experience with Maruti and M&M, while installing any new electrical equipment if we just see to it that proper gauge wires, fuses and relays are used we are safe both in terms of warranty claims and also general safety(electrical short circuits).
Old 27th April 2018, 15:01   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
In general from my experience with Maruti and M&M, while installing any new electrical equipment if we just see to it that proper gauge wires, fuses and relays are used we are safe both in terms of warranty claims and also general safety(electrical short circuits).
Dealer installed the reverse cam on my TUV and he powered it by slicing the insulation on the brake light and joining to it. I asked him why he did that instead of a fuse tap and he said that's the only approach.

Last edited by diyguy : 27th April 2018 at 15:06.
Old 27th April 2018, 15:42   #2180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My understanding is as long as no wire is cut the warranty is intact. As far as I have checked there are connectors available for connecting the third party HUs to the M&M OEM HU's connectors so if the installation is done by a good installer there will not be any cutting of wires and should not technically void the M&M warranty.
The problem with Zulaikha is they are Hitler-ish with modifications. I'd even tried to explain how I would hardwire a dashcam without cutting any wire and they still said it would null the warranty.

To be safe, I will probably get the Mapmyindia set from them which costs Rs.26k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Dealer installed the reverse cam on my TUV and he powered it by slicing the insulation on the brake light and joining to it. I asked him why he did that instead of a fuse tap and he said that's the only approach.
I think the dealer is right in your case; you know of the tail-light which comes on when you switch to the reverse gear? You usually need to feed power to a reverse-camera from the wiring which feeds that particular light. If not, then the reverse cam would be receiving power all the time and it'd become an 'always on' rear feed camera.

Last edited by locusjag : 27th April 2018 at 15:44.
Old 28th April 2018, 16:19   #2181
BHPian

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-mahin...-set-of-4.html

Interesting to see Rogerab set on sale on m2all site. I was under the impression that M&M doesn't allow such accessories. I think Rogerab has earned the reputation. Anyone installed these on their Tank? Any change in the body roll?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 23:18   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I think Rogerab has earned the reputation. Anyone installed these on their Tank? Any change in the body roll?
My understanding of Rogerab was that it prevents excess play in the suspension. I feel that the TUV suspension is too hard already and does not insulate against sharp spike ups and downs on city roads, which is what causes the uncomfortable roll like feeling. My kids exaggerate this by banging their heads on the windows claiming it is being caused by the roll . In such a case how will the rogerab help, when it will further stiffen the suspension? Or is my understanding incorrect?
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 12:44   #2183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-mahin...-set-of-4.html

Interesting to see Rogerab set on sale on m2all site. I was under the impression that M&M doesn't allow such accessories. I think Rogerab has earned the reputation. Anyone installed these on their Tank? Any change in the body roll?
Captainrex has installed the Rogerabs on his tank - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4036754

This is what Captain says-

Quote:
I have inserted the Rogerabs onto the coils of all four wheels. The roll has reduced considerably, while taking humps at an angle and while cornering at higher speeds.
Quote:
My understanding of Rogerab was that it prevents excess play in the suspension. I feel that the TUV suspension is too hard already and does not insulate against sharp spike ups and downs on city roads, which is what causes the uncomfortable roll like feeling. My kids exaggerate this by banging their heads on the windows claiming it is being caused by the roll . In such a case how will the rogerab help, when it will further stiffen the suspension? Or is my understanding incorrect?
You're right that the TUV's suspension is on the firmer side, as the Team-BHP official review of the TUV states.

As for bodyroll, I believe the Rogerabs PU spacers prevent a certain length of the springs from 'springing' into action. It's almost like someone places a heavy plaster in the middle of a long wooden stick, thus making it behave like two stiffer & smaller conjoined sticks, rather than as a single long stick which can be bent with pressure.

Experts - please feel free to flog this horse that my theory is. I'd love to learn if I'm right, or even if indeed I'm wrong! As for the moment however, this is how I feel the Rogerabs cuts down on bodyroll.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 17:42   #2184
BHPian

Have changed my mobile and my tuv300 app is in the old mobile. How do i transfer data from old to new device for this?
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:12   #2185
BHPian

Went on a short trip to Laknavaram lake and Ramappa temple from Hyderabad along with family. 5 adults and 1 kid in my tank last week.

Hyderabad to Laknavaram - 209 KM
Laknavaram to Ramappa - 25 KM

Planned to start at 7 in the morning, but off course nothing goes as per planning. Ended up starting at 9:00. Reached Laknavaram Lake around 2:00 PM, was a bit disappointed as the water level was low and not what I expected. Went on a small boat ride in scroaching sun, they charged 400.

Started to Ramappa Temple. Reached in 30 minutes. Totally blown away by the temple architecture, I had never seen such marvelous carvings.

Tank handled the trip like a charm, the AC was a boon as the temperature outside was around 41 degrees. Mr. Dependable.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180428_113915.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180428_113854.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180428_095204.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180428_095208.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 14:57   #2186
BHPian

Performed the first free service for my TUV at 2769km on the ODO. Poor experience all around. Had booked the 9am appointment with the app and called the service center yesterday on the same. Arrived sharp at 9am and there was no one there. An XUV entered just ahead of me. We waited for about 10 mins for the service advisor to come in. He started with the XUV as it had entered before me. Finally he finished and then came to my TUV at 9:40am. After explaining few issues he took my car in at 10am.
The QC and the service advisor were responsive however the fact that the first service takes 4 hrs 40 mins is inexcusable. It was just an old filter and oil change. They claim they do other checks which I seriously doubt.
The car was in the water wash for almost an hour and finally when my patience ran out, I went there to find the wheel wells dirty. I asked the water wash supervisor if he had the under chassis washed and he said he did it himself. I asked him thrice and he confirmed. Then I lay down and checked to find dirt. Was upset and asked him to hoist it up. Found they had not washed it under at all. Took some pics and they spent 2 mins and washed it. He was requesting me not to complain but I called the advisor on it. He came and told the wash guys sweetly this should not be done etc. Now I seriously doubt if they changed the oil filter. I checked the engine oil and it was clean. I am also now very certain they wouldnt have done the other checks - nuts tightening etc.
I asked if they would use an engine flush first and I was willing to pay. He said they don't do that and don't keep flush either.
On the drive back the service advisor called me and apologized but I told him I cannot believe anything he says.
Sad state of affairs and need to seriously rethink if it is worthwhile ever going back to this service center (TVS Saligramam) at all. They couldn't solve a software issue with the bluetooth not being able to download contacts and asked me to come on a weekday for it.
I also have another issue with the middle row seat belts not locking, which I forgot to get sorted out. Will go back for it and the software thing in a few days and then try and find another service center next time. Maybe I should have kept a closer watch and been with them while they did the service.
Paid 2312 for oil and filter and few minor consumables.

Last edited by diyguy : 6th May 2018 at 15:18.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 12:08   #2187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Performed the first free service for my TUV at 2769km on the ODO. Poor experience all around.
I see relatively better reviews for Zulaikha Motors' M&M service center in Ambattur. Good idea to avoid the TVS service center where you went this time.

Would it be feasible to get some basic stuff done by a known local mechanic, I wonder. You mentioned basic stuff like torquing the nuts/bolts for instance. This sort of stuff wouldn't get revealed and annul the warranty.

@ All

I am nearing 1900 Km on my TUV. I have only measured my Kmpl figure once; found that I'm deriving 13 Kmpl with AC 100% on (mostly in Eco A/C mode), with my usual sedate driving and thick to moderate traffic for the most part. Still no long drives done with it...I am out of ideas for places to drive to in the summer heat.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 12:29   #2188
BHPian

I also get 12-13 kmpl in city and 15-16 kmpl on highway. Some members tricked the tank to give 17kmpl but not me. My Odo is 7600 km now.
Old 7th May 2018, 12:53   #2189
BHPian

I met a TUV owner at the service center who had his vacuum modulator changed to a larger size (by ASS) and this he said has improved his mileage significantly. On his recent long drive he got 20+kmpl. The pic is from his vehicle.

Also want to share if you press home and eq on the car stereo for a few seconds it enters engineering mode. You can then check hardware, firmware versions and access to other diagnostic information.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-rps20180507_125125.jpg  

Last edited by diyguy : 7th May 2018 at 13:07.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 17:01   #2190
BHPian

At a loss to understand why Mahindra skipped the middle seat arm-rest while even the KUV100 gets one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks