Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 09:42   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If I were you guys, I would go with the 3M but would also attach these to the fuel pipes and areas that a rat can perch on. These cost 20rs each (earlier lot was rs10 but seller didn't have any more stock) and are fairly easy to attach using plastic ties. I have felt this to be a good deterrent. Attachment 1767448
Is plastic safe there? The bristles can easily catch fire or melt and damage other things inside the engine bay. Diesel engine bay is considerably more hotter than petrol.
I would suggest metal brushes here.

Regards-Sonu
Old 11th June 2018, 10:04   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I would suggest metal brushes here
Makes perfect sense. These have been in my petrol car now for three months or so and seem to be faring okay but metal is definitely better.
Old 11th June 2018, 10:18   #2223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Update

I think this will hold for a couple of months and then, it's the 3M rat-repellent coating ahoy!
Here is the 3M rat repellent thread . You could post your verdict post the 3M repellent applied on your car.

Link
Old 11th June 2018, 12:56   #2224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Finally, did my dream drive to Leh in the TUV. TUV performed like a true tank and took all challanges without a niggle.
My total journey was for 2 weeks.
Following is the route-
Gurgaon - jammu - srinagar - kargil - Leh - Pangong tso - Jispa - Kullu - Amritsar - Gurgaon.
Congrats sir! Please see if you can write a travelogue. Did you consciously have to drive so as to avoid wheelspins? How many people in the car and was there any motion sickness? The nation needs to know (I'll turn off the Arnab in me now)

By the way, on youtube, there's a Malayali family who posted snippets of their Kerala - Leh - Kerala trip in their TUV 3OO. They too seemed very happy with the Tank's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Is plastic safe there? The bristles can easily catch fire or melt and damage other things inside the engine bay. Diesel engine bay is considerably more hotter than petrol.
I would suggest metal brushes here.

Regards-Sonu
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Makes perfect sense. These have been in my petrol car now for three months or so and seem to be faring okay but metal is definitely better.
Sonu & Diyguy -

Good point there. So plastic add-ons in the engine bay are not good.

How safe are naphthalene balls in diesel engine bays? I have seen opinions from fellow members stating not to use them in petrol cars' engine area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the 3M rat repellent thread . You could post your verdict post the 3M repellent applied on your car.

Link
Yes sir, I am definitely headed there eventually. I'll post a review once it's done.

@ All

Here's BHP-ian mi2n's Kolkata to Kumaon trip in his Orange tank - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...n-episode.html
I loved the pics in his travelogue!

Last edited by locusjag : 11th June 2018 at 13:00.
Old 11th June 2018, 15:01   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats sir! Please see if you can write a travelogue. Did you consciously have to drive so as to avoid wheelspins? How many people in the car and was there any motion sickness? The nation needs to know (I'll turn off the Arnab in me now)

By the way, on Youtube, there's a Malayali family who posted snippets of their Kerala - Leh - Kerala trip in their TUV 3OO. They too seemed very happy with the Tank's performance.
Thanks @ locusjag. Travelouge will take some time. We were 3 people me , wife & my 5yr old daughter.
I chose to travel from jammu side so that we can incline gradually so as to avoid AMS or motion sickness. By God's grace there was no instance of AMS or motion sickness & we enjoyed the drive.

I have MLD installed in my TUV from past 1 year, so no issues of wheel spin at all. Instead with MLD it gives more confidence as a go anywhere vehicle now. At some inclines, stretches MLD was a true companion and pulled the tank, have seen ecosport/innova stuck at some places and TUV moved forward with an ease.

My total drive home to home is 3434.5 kms, total diesel spent was 19,567/-.

Vehicle ODO stands at 58,700 kms now. Stock CEAT tyres were good and there was not even a single puncture or any other issues with TUV in the whole trip.

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 19:02. Reason: Fixed quote.
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 12:44   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Any idea how to self diagnose this warning light? This has been on since last two days and according to manual this means water in fuel ? No idea how water entered in to my fuel. Any assistance or insights would be appreciated.

That is Water in Fuel Filter Warning Lamp and does not indicate actual water in diesel (& fuel tank). Please refer your manual to drain the water from fuel filter. Should be a 5 minutes job.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 12:47   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
That is Water in Fuel Filter Warning Lamp and does not indicate actual water in diesel (& fuel tank). Please refer your manual to drain the water from fuel filter. Should be a 5 minutes job.
Handed over the Tank at MASS, they opened fuel filter and we could smell kerosene in it. It was due to bad diesel. They said they will drain the complete deisel and dry the engine.
Old 13th June 2018, 01:00   #2228
BHPian

Got my TUV AMT today. Took too many phone calls to ensure I got it before I traveled abroad today
They replaced the AMT actuator block assembly under warranty. It was priced at 30k and had to be special ordered from the plant. A Tar was raised due to the failure of this component. Car runs fine now but am wondering if they messed with the firmware. My clock had got reset. And I suspect it was the firmware flash.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 22:14   #2229
BHPian

Went on a small trip to Vajedu, Bogatha Waterfalls. Its around 260 KM's from Hyderabad. Nice place for quick weekend escape.

Its not very famous, so less tourists there, also means zero facilities. There are few life guards resting in shade there and few localities fishing.

The tank performed like a charm as usual. 4 adults and 1 kid.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180615_144131.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180615_143508.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180615_140424.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180615_150105.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180615_144539.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 06:59   #2230
BANNED

Quote:
...How safe are naphthalene balls in diesel engine bays? I have seen opinions from fellow members stating not to use them in petrol cars' engine area....
Hello locusjag,

Are you sure you meant naphthalene balls and not moth-balls of some other kind? From what I remember of school days, naphthalene moth balls give of vapors which are perfectly flammable and in an engine bay (diesel or petrol) wouldn't they be a waiting disaster!
Old 18th June 2018, 12:28   #2231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hello locusjag,

Are you sure you meant naphthalene balls and not moth-balls of some other kind? From what I remember of school days, naphthalene moth balls give of vapors which are perfectly flammable and in an engine bay (diesel or petrol) wouldn't they be a waiting disaster!
Yes sir, I meant naphthalene balls. I saw many members mention in the rat-proofing thread that they use it. I also saw this caveat mentioned that it's ok to use within diesel-engined car hoods, but that it's not ok to use in petrol engine areas. I wouldn't know how so but as you've said, I don't feel good about using it in any car, be it petrol or diesel-driven.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:30   #2232
BHPian

Got my 30k service done last week, the odo was at 28,600. Got the wipers changed as my Tank is almost 1 year old now and monsoon is arriving. Labor cost and water wash was additional 2k.

Total cost was around 7,200. Does anyone know how to get rid of the spanner symbol on the odo?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20180619112520490_com.mymahindra.live.png  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20180619112532410_com.mymahindra.live.png  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20180619112537156_com.mymahindra.live.png  

Old 19th June 2018, 12:28   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
... Does anyone know how to get rid of the spanner symbol on the odo?

Hi Ramnaresh, try this procedure:
Turn off the vehicle, remove the key, then keep the Set button pressed near the odometer and then re-insert the key and turn on the ignition. Let the needles do the full sweep, crank the engine now and release the Set button. The Spanner would disappear.

Got this procedure from my Suzuki scooter and it seems to work in most vehicles.

Trivia on this: this apparently is the final step in the checklist of the service procedure and is conveniently skipped by most. Only hope is, none of the other important steps in the checklist are missed
sathyasuri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 13:43   #2234
BHPian

I think I have it now. I have an AMT lemon. It could well be bad fuel, but I doubt.

Today morning while coming to office, I observed the following:

1. A different kind of cranky sound when I provide A-pedal input (happens only in Auto / Manual mode mostly in second gear)

2. No such cranky sound when revved in neutral

3. Jerky vehicle motion in second gear mostly (both auto and manual mode). I did not move very fast so if the transmission gives up on me, I am able to control the vehicle. So it is difficult to say if the jerky motion is present in 3/4/5 gears.

4. No jerks when the vehicle is revved in neutral

5. Sometimes, when in second, a sudden feeling of loss of power (no movement when A-pedal is pressed).

6. No jerks / cranky sound when no input is given while the vehicle is in motion (A or B pedal)

7. No AMT malfunction warning on dashboard today. However, I had one on a trip around 2 months back when it was standing in sun (Nagpur heat) for close to 4 hours. It went away after I poured water on the bonnet and kept the vehicle in shade.

8. I managed to get the vehicle to office in no-traffic condition in the morning. But I doubt the jerky motion will render the TUV harmful to others in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

I had filled about 15 litres in a rural fuel pump on Saturday. I drove on it for around 200 kms. After returning, filled the TUV at my regular filling station yesterday when the DTE reading was ~100, and this issue started today morning.

I need inputs and help.

1. Is this an AMT failure or a case of bad fuel ?

2. If this is an AMT failure, are there any known fixes? I went through the other TUV AMT horror stories thread, but did not / could not get any closure to the issues

Additional info: My vehicle is Feb 2018 manufactured, 5.5k on the ODO, has completed the first free service. Any advice is welcome.

Last edited by Maddy3008 : 19th June 2018 at 13:44. Reason: some more details added
Old 19th June 2018, 16:46   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Hi Ramnaresh, try this procedure:
Turn off the vehicle, remove the key, then keep the Set button pressed near the odometer and then re-insert the key and turn on the ignition. Let the needles do the full sweep, crank the engine now and release the Set button. The Spanner would disappear.
Thank you Sathyasuri, I will try these steps and will let you know of it worked. I think the MASS missed this because my odo was at 28,900 when I gave to service, usually this spanner is supposed to appear at 29,500 reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
I think I have it now. I have an AMT lemon. It could well be bad fuel, but I doubt.

I need inputs and help.

1. Is this an AMT failure or a case of bad fuel ?
This has been story of my life since I got AMT. The reason is a mixture of many things, all AMTs of TUV 300 are facing the same issue of delay and jerk from A1 to A3. I strongly advice to change you fuel station for couple of trips and check if the engine noise has disappeared.

I noticed that my TUV was revving good when I got my AMT patch updated and changed the fuel station. Worth a shot.

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 19:04. Reason: Trimmed quote and typos.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks