Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 10:53   #2296
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Any one has any update/review of Wanderers
You can ask here for feedback on Wanderers. IMHO, based on what I have read, user reviews dont really give a big thumbs up for the wanderers.

I think the recent Yokos have better sidewalls. Do check this post

Options that I am considering are:

1. Goodyear Wrangler - some feedback available here

2. Bridgestone Dueller - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...thread-21.html

3. Pirelli Scoripon - check XUV thread shared above for feedback

4. Conti CrossContact - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4369992

5. Apollo Apterra - came as stock on my TUV and dont have a single complaint against these. Might just end up buying these again if I manage a good deal.
Pros:
- Wet & Dry grip is good
- can handle slush, mud & stones with ease
- no over/under steer on curves,
- sidewalls are strong + tyres dont lose pressure for long time periods
- only 1 puncture till date after 48K kms of driving
- can easily last about 60-65k kms

Cons:
- a little noisy as compared to Yoko or Michelin (harder compound)

Last edited by procrj : 21st August 2018 at 10:54.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 23:23   #2297
BHPian

The odo of my T8 manual is now inching close to 37k (Its Dec 15 model). The battery seems to have weakened as the start takes a bit longer (although always starts in a single click) and the power windows and wipers seem to have got slower. The ABD gets engaged very frequently on wet roads even in slow bumber to bumper traffic. This makes the tank stop with a jerk increasing the risk of vehicle coming from behind banging into the rear bumper. Is it normal for ABD to get active even on very slow speed? Or is it due to lack of traction as the tyres have aged? Please let know if anyone has faced the same issue?
Old 22nd August 2018, 11:43   #2298
BHPian

Got the tyres changed. Went for MRF Wanderer's A/T 215/75/R15.
Have read some reviews and found them capable enough. I wish to keep the TUV for another 2 yrs and think Wanderer's can perform the duty till then easily.
Costed Rs 5000/tyre after discounts & old tyre exchange, so cost wise also they seem to be right.
dieselburner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 15:30   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
The odo of my T8 manual is now inching close to 37k (Its Dec 15 model).
Hi Monakar, even mine is T8, Nov 15 model, crossed 40K on the odo. So our cars are almost the same age wise and running wise.

Quote:
The battery seems to have weakened as the start takes a bit longer (although always starts in a single click) and the power windows and wipers seem to have got slower. The ABD gets engaged very frequently on wet roads even in slow bumber to bumper traffic. This makes the tank stop with a jerk increasing the risk of vehicle coming from behind banging into the rear bumper. Is it normal for ABD to get active even on very slow speed? Or is it due to lack of traction as the tyres have aged? Please let know if anyone has faced the same issue?
I haven't faced any such issues till date. Battery is still going stong. Power windows operarion can become slower in monsoon due to the wet glass surface. Regarding ABS, I have experienced the ABS getting activated only on 2-3 occasions, once during an emergency braking and the other time applying sudden brakes on wet road. I guess in your case the tyres might be losing grip & hence the ABS is getting activated frequently. I would suggest try driving the car at same speed on different surfaces, apply emergency brakes and check the ABS behavior.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 19:59   #2300
BHPian

[Disclaimer: This post is not to endorse any group or Mahindra in any way. However, Mahindra did pitch in with some help in organizing the event].

TUV Bangalore owner's had a Freedom Drive on 12th August to celebrate the feeling of owning TUV as well as celebrate another year of India's independence. Some part of the logistics was supported by Mahindra. A small off-roading event was also organized for the eager ones to put their tanks through paces. The event was a good opportunity to share notes and learn from each other and fabulous stories of their beloved tanks. Let the pictures do the talking
Pics courtesy group members!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5909.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5912.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5914.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5915.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5919.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5926.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5927.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_5961.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_6046.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_6050.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_6076.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_6087.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180812_074145316_hdr.jpg  

ambujlal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:08   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the tyres changed. Went for MRF Wanderer's A/T 215/75/R15.
Have read some reviews and found them capable enough. I wish to keep the TUV for another 2 yrs and think Wanderer's can perform the duty till then easily.
Costed Rs 5000/tyre after discounts & old tyre exchange, so cost wise also they seem to be right.
That's a wonderful price for A/T 215/75/R15 tyres. For Apollo Apterra tyres for the TUV, I was quoted a price of Rs.7.5k in Chennai. I had enquired purely out of curiosity.

And I didn't know that used tyres can be traded in either. Were your old tyres in usable condition?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 18:37   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
That's a wonderful price for A/T 215/75/R15 tyres. For Apollo Apterra tyres for the TUV, I was quoted a price of Rs.7.5k in Chennai. I had enquired purely out of curiosity.

And I didn't know that used tyres can be traded in either. Were your old tyres in usable condition?
Used tyres can be traded in, but I only got Rs 100/tyre.
My tyres were not in usable condition, hardly any tread left. Cabbies often take these tyres or they can be sold in seconds market after retreading
dieselburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 20:39   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are video snippets from a Malayali family's 9500 Km roadtrip from Kerala to Leh/Ladakh and back on their 84 BHP TUV 300 T8. According to the owner's replies to questions on YouTube, he didn't face any wheelspin problems. In the video, you can even see him crossing streams and going through rough patches.

locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 17:40   #2304
BHPian

Was cleaning the Tank today morning, noticed rat bitings of the foam. Decided to visit 3M Car Care and got a quotation of 1000 bucks for rodent treatment. SA said it will past for 6-8 months. Hopefully fingers crossed.

Then enquired about 3M Film Protection for full Tank, got quotation of 1lac. Dropped the idea there itself with a smile.

Just got it installed on foot steps and car handle cups. The cost is too much, any other alternatives?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180829_142721.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180829_152951.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180829_173222.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 17:59   #2305
BHPian

Hello all,
A quick update on my TUV, mostly doing well except for the two issues below:
1)Coolant level drop issue has returned
2)high frequency noise coming from the engine-belt-pulley assembly
have dropped the vehicle this afternoon for running repair at TVS -OMR Chennai.

Some details:
1) Coolant level drop: the coolant was topped up during the 30K service to max level from 'midway between min & max level'. Since the topup, I have done about 2K km but noticed the level to have dropped to the min level. As per the SA this is normal, he also claims that pressure test was negative, as in, no leakage found. So have just told him to top-up.

2) High frequency noise: I had reported this noise during the 30K service but as usual the issue was not addressed saying "unreproducible". So took it upon myself to determine the cause. As a result of my decision to determine the noise source, our 700 km trip turned out to be very irritating especially for my family as I was driving rather slowly and with the windows rolled down for long stretches to check for the noise . Finally, I found the sound to be coming from the Engine-belt-pulley assembly and further used the below video to determine the exact cause

The culprit is the belt tensioner pulley (marked in red) in the below image [Image source -Tbhp TUV 300 review pics]. This pulley shakes a bit with the engine off and wobbles quite visibly with the engine on after long stretches of engine run.
I first noticed this noise around the 27K mark, it was then a very low volume whistle audible only in the calmest environments but since then, it has become quite vocal whenever it occurs. So, watch out. Vehicle is currently in the service centre as it appears to be a new issue -rather an early occurrence for TUV 300.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv300_engine_belt_pulley_noise.jpg  

sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:47   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Hello all,

Some details:
1) Coolant level drop: the coolant was topped up during the 30K service to max level from 'midway between min & max level'. Since the topup, I have done about 2K km but noticed the level to have dropped to the min level. As per the SA this is normal, he also claims that pressure test was negative, as in, no leakage found. So have just told him to top-up.

2) High frequency noise: I had reported this noise during the 30K service but as usual the issue was not addressed saying "unreproducible". So took it upon myself to determine the cause. As a result of my decision to determine the noise source, our 700 km trip turned out to be very irritating especially for my family as I was driving rather slowly and with the windows rolled down for long stretches to check for the noise . Finally, I found the sound to be coming from the Engine-belt-pulley assembly and further used the below video to determine the exact cause

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AEUe6uKxTv8

The culprit is the belt tensioner pulley (marked in red) in the below image [Image source -Tbhp TUV 300 review pics]. This pulley shakes a bit with the engine off and wobbles quite visibly with the engine on after long stretches of engine run.
I first noticed this noise around the 27K mark, it was then a very low volume whistle audible only in the calmest environments but since then, it has become quite vocal whenever it occurs. So, watch out. Vehicle is currently in the service centre as it appears to be a new issue -rather an early occurrence for TUV 300.
I have the similar issue of whistling noise around a year back. The sound was very irritating and increases with the vehicle speed.
MASS changed couple of things to identify like changed belts, vacuum modulator & then identified tensioner pulley as culprit, it was replaced under warranty. Since then it is working fine. It took around 1 hr to do all these things.
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 17:06   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
... Vehicle is currently in the service centre as it appears to be a new issue -rather an early occurrence for TUV 300.
Quote:
I have the similar issue of whistling noise around a year back. The sound was very irritating and increases with the vehicle speed.
MASS changed couple of things to identify like changed belts, vacuum modulator & then identified tensioner pulley as culprit, it was replaced under warranty. Since then it is working fine. It took around 1 hr to do all these things.

The vehicle was at the service centre overnight as the SA called last evening around 17:00hrs and said that they were evaluating the Pulley issue for which they needed time and that the vehicle would be ready by 11:30 AM this morning.

I called up this morning at 10:00 AM and all of sudden the SA said that there was a leak in the coolant plumbing and needed some more time. I was not convinced and hence went directly to the MASS at 12:00 noon only to find no progress. The SA tried pointing out places which according to him were the places through which the coolant was leaking but I was hardly able to see any sign of it, so told him to top-up the coolant and leave the issue. And for the pulley, he said the issue was normal and is common. Was totally baffled with his reasoning, so took him to another TUV - 84 bhp vehicle pointed out how firm the pulley was in that vehicle, picked up the gate pass from the counter and left saying he can think over the difference and judge for himself.
I guess I will use dieselburner's case as precedent and will take the vehicle to another MASS in the weekend.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:00   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle was at the service centre overnight as the SA called last evening around 17:00hrs and said that they were evaluating the Pulley issue for which they needed time and that the vehicle would be ready by 11:30 AM this morning.

I called up this morning at 10:00 AM and all of sudden the SA said that there was a leak in the coolant plumbing and needed some more time. I was not convinced and hence went directly to the MASS at 12:00 noon only to find no progress. The SA tried pointing out places which according to him were the places through which the coolant was leaking but I was hardly able to see any sign of it, so told him to top-up the coolant and leave the issue. And for the pulley, he said the issue was normal and is common. Was totally baffled with his reasoning, so took him to another TUV - 84 bhp vehicle pointed out how firm the pulley was in that vehicle, picked up the gate pass from the counter and left saying he can think over the difference and judge for himself.
I guess I will use dieselburner's case as precedent and will take the vehicle to another MASS in the weekend.
Very unprofessional behaviour of SA & MASS, you should definitely try a good & trusted dealership.
Also don't leave the vehicle unattended, keep standing on their heads until the matter is resolved.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 10:53   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Very unprofessional behaviour of SA & MASS, you should definitely try a good & trusted dealership.
I don't think there is any dealership that is truly professional and reliable. Work is always haphazard and unless one goes and spends half a day there you won't get delivery as promised or to your satisfaction.
Old 31st August 2018, 14:09   #2310
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing about my TUV has been bugging me. The RPMs of the engine seem to remain high even after I stop providing accelerator inputs so that when it's time for me to upshift and I press the clutch, it feels as if there's a party still going on (i.e., persistent high revs in the engine) and my pressing the clutch cuts it short. In city traffic, I can't wait too long before the revs die down and when I can press the clutch and upshift. But meanwhile, as I keep quickly pressing the clutch to upshift I'm worried that the clutch-plate is getting eaten away.

I don't know if what I've said makes sense, but I hope so! Guidance is needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks