Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:50   #2311
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

The tank seems to be nostalgic. It regularly visits the MAS. Just as I got through with coolant issue, the next visit comes from the airbag. It started rattling at rpm of 1250. The rattle is loud and irritating enough to distract concentration. It surely gives feeling of commuting in state transport bus with rattling window glasses. The MAS inspected and confirmed that there is something wrong with the airbag and it would be replaced under warranty. However since they did not have it in their stocks, I have to wait till they get the part.
Old 9th September 2018, 08:53   #2312
BHPian

I had the spare Tyre of my TUV stolen last night. I had put two small TSA travel locks as deterrent as a larger yale lock was not fitting there under the logo. That obviously did not help. I am disappointed that I had not installed an impact sensor and alarm. I just landed in the US and I will get an impact sensor, alarm and reverse alarm installed when I am back next week. This is ridiculously easy for seasoned thieves I assume. I only have Street parking for my vehicles and this is the first incident for me. Need to also now light up the area and install security cameras as well as deterrent.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:53   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had the spare Tyre of my TUV stolen last night. I had put two small TSA travel locks as deterrent as a larger yale lock was not fitting there under the logo. That obviously did not help. I am disappointed that I had not installed an impact sensor and alarm. I just landed in the US and I will get an impact sensor, alarm and reverse alarm installed when I am back next week. This is ridiculously easy for seasoned thieves I assume. I only have Street parking for my vehicles and this is the first incident for me. Need to also now light up the area and install security cameras as well as deterrent.
It is very sad to know that. Street parking in our country is not safe at all. Just few days back a tourist Innova of one of my close friends was stolen between 3-4am even it had burglar alarm and other safety gadgetary.
Old 11th September 2018, 14:16   #2314

Hey Guys...is there any thread or discussion on what (best) accessories go well with TUV. Talking about basic stuff like Mobile charger, mobile holder etc.,
Old 12th September 2018, 11:28   #2315
Distinguished - BHPian

@ All

How would a petrol TUV 3OO be? I find myself wondering since Mahindra say that they are developing petrol variants for all their models.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...anges/1262891/

I cannot imagine a rev-happy petrol-engined TUV 3OO. And it'll return a terrible number of kilometres per litre of petrol. And if Mahindra doesn't develop a petrol version for the TUV, the TUV diesel variants' prices will go up by ~ Rs.1 lakh (going by estimates shared by industry insiders for BS 6 diesel engines upto 1.5 Litres).

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory21 View Post
Hey Guys...is there any thread or discussion on what (best) accessories go well with TUV. Talking about basic stuff like Mobile charger, mobile holder etc.,
We haven't had such a discussion so far. I have shared a YouTube video on this thread of a Mapmyindia touch-screen unit that Mahindra dealers offer to T8 and below variants. Others have shared body-kits offered by dealers.

My personal observation is that it is impossible to add any internal storage in the front seats/dashboard. I did however add a seatback storage accessory behind the front left seat.

I had bought a 3M stick-on mobile and wallet-holder from Aliexpress only to find that the TUV's interiors do not have a single feasible smooth surface to stick the holder to. Bummer.
Old 15th September 2018, 22:05   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Just in case you are not aware the TBHP Official review of the TUV3OO Plus has been published and you can read it here --> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Mahindra TUV300 Plus (2.2L mHawk) : Official Review)
Old 17th September 2018, 12:29   #2317
BHPian

Not sure if this was shared here. Thought of sharing my tip here on loud sound of infotainment system that plays automatically.

Am sure many of you here are facing issue with the loud sound of FM when you start first time in a day? Most of might be facing it. MASS would have advised you to get the infotainment system reset & that the volume would be at zero when you start. Trust me, it would not have worked (as is the case for me.)

There is a solution for this. Quite simple. Switch off the infotainment system before you shut down the vehicle. In other words, before you turn off the ignition. It works only when you turn off the infotainment system with engine on. If you shut down infotainment AFTER turning off ignition this doesn't work. Tried & tested this in my TUV T10. Hope this helps.

Note: This is only for FM / USB drive sound. Not for the welcome message that plays automatically. I got my vehicle infotainment system reset & settings changed more than twice to turnoff the welcome message. Still not helpful on turning off welcome message. Hope MASS has some solution for this. It is irritating. Especially, if you are starting the vehicle at odd hours - pre-dawn. Please share if you have any tips on this.
Old 17th September 2018, 18:01   #2318

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi Monakar, even mine is T8, Nov 15 model, crossed 40K on the odo. So our cars are almost the same age wise and running wise.

I haven't faced any such issues till date. Battery is still going stong. Power windows operarion can become slower in monsoon due to the wet glass surface. Regarding ABS, I have experienced the ABS getting activated only on 2-3 occasions, once during an emergency braking and the other time applying sudden brakes on wet road. I guess in your case the tyres might be losing grip & hence the ABS is getting activated frequently. I would suggest try driving the car at same speed on different surfaces, apply emergency brakes and check the ABS behavior.

Good to be on the same page as AutoIndian. Got my T8 Auto same time and just touched 40K. Going in for routine servicing on Wednesday. No issues at all. Battery still going strong. Tyres still doing good. Planning a trip to Pondicherry next week after the servicing.
Old 20th September 2018, 20:27   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory21 View Post
I got Belkin fast charger for my Tank and Tech Sense Magnetic Mount for holding my mobile (Link below).

Intially used the normal mobile holder which sticks to the mirror, but due to excess heat, the sticky part melted and had to discard it.

This magnetic mount should be plugged to your AC vent and it will also keep your mobile cool on long trips if any. The magnet is strong enough to hold my 210 grams phone and is quite sturdy. Highly recommended.

I was also exploring the option to upgrade my ICE to touch screen, got a quotation of 38K from MASS so contemplating as it sounds expensive.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01A072OUG/..._kq7OBbX43CVNX
Old 21st September 2018, 09:44   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I got Belkin fast charger for my Tank and Tech Sense Magnetic Mount for holding my mobile (Link below).

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01A072OUG/..._kq7OBbX43CVNX
Putting the phone on a magnet for long durations ruins the display and you would see black or green areas on the corners. Also, sticking the phone on a magnet fiddles with other components like processor.
Old 21st September 2018, 20:06   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

What's this I'm hearing about Mahindra hitting the brakes on TUV 300 (and others)?

https://www.livemint.com/Auto/KckCHE...00-Quanto.html

And I made my tank return 17.68 Kmpl in a 620 Km road trip today! I kid you not. I kept the RPMs near 2000 and everything's ok.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 00:04   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Putting the phone on a magnet for long durations ruins the display and you would see black or green areas on the corners. Also, sticking the phone on a magnet fiddles with other components like processor.

Nothing in a cell phone is stored magnetically. There are no magnetic disks in the phone. Some manufacturers even supply magnetic cases that trigger certain functions when they're closed, like Samsung smart cover which has a magnet to the side. The only issue they might face is Compass app in the phone may not work when it is mounted on it.

I recently did a 3 hours trip with my mobile mounted on it, no issues at all.
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:04   #2323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
And I made my tank return 17.68 Kmpl in a 620 Km road trip today! I kid you not. I kept the RPMs near 2000 and everything's ok.
I completed my return journey of 660 Km in one shot yesterday. I got a Kmpl figure of 17.83, based on the tank-full to tank-full method. Mahindra had advertised around 18 Kmpl of mileage...which is why what I got seems unreal to me. I didn't even use the eco mode or eco A.C. Unruly and unpredictable traffic on the highway kept me at a sedate 80 Kmph and 2000 RPM constantly. And that seems to be the secret sauce for extracting maximum fuel efficiency from the tank.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:50   #2324
BHPian

My AMT returned 15.35 Kmpl, I did a trip of 350 kms last month. I was trying to squeeze the best out of Tank, no aggressive acceleration, AC on eco mode and never crossed 80 Kmph. In city it returned 13 Kmpl, again rmp under 2000 and most of the time on A3 or A4.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:27   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
What's this I'm hearing about Mahindra hitting the brakes on TUV 300 (and others)?

https://www.livemint.com/Auto/KckCHE...00-Quanto.html
TUV300 and 300 Plus really have potential for much bigger numbers IMO, they need to be marketed better. The Nuvo and KUV100 lack such potential by design.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks