Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 11:14   #2341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Have driven the Tank to Chennai from Hyderabad and back.

For a distance of 482km, my green monster returned 19.16kmpl with rpms hovering at 2000+-150 (speeds of 75-90kph).

Probably another 1 kmpl efficiency could be squeezed in with more sedate driving.
Thanks for sharing this. So my mileage figures of ~17.5 Kmpl in a 1200 km trip most likely weren't wrong!

When Mahindra themselves marketed only ~ 18.5 Kmpl approximately for the TUV 300, how is it that i achieved nearly their figures without using Eco mode, I was wondering. And yet here you are - 19.16 Kmpl!! Did you use the Eco mode? Did you get a modulator changed or something? I remember someone sharing on this thread that some part replacement leads to better fuel mileage.
Old 10th October 2018, 14:02   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Thanks for sharing this. So my mileage figures of ~17.5 Kmpl in a 1200 km trip most likely weren't wrong!

When Mahindra themselves marketed only ~ 18.5 Kmpl approximately for the TUV 300, how is it that i achieved nearly their figures without using Eco mode, I was wondering. And yet here you are - 19.16 Kmpl!! Did you use the Eco mode? Did you get a modulator changed or something? I remember someone sharing on this thread that some part replacement leads to better fuel mileage.

Your figures can be certainly right. I didn't use eco mode either. But AC was always on in 'ac eco' mode. Other than that , it is pretty much regular drive. May be one thing is, there was only one passenger besides myself. The car is stock, no changes done. It's a end 2017 make , I was told that almost all the initial niggles were sorted by then. I wished they left the 'wheel spinning' issue as is so that I could claim MLD fitment

So far, I had only 3 incidents of loosing traction at rear wheels but those situations could have led to any 2 wheel drive loose traction. Not like the classic case of wheel spinning due to axle tilt.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 18:08   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Hi Alton,
Quick question - which service center of AML Hyderabad do you take your TUV to? I am thinking about the Ranigunj Service center. Please advise.
Hello LegalEagle, I take my TUV300 to AML service near Suchitra circle. It is mentioned in Mahindra website as Jeedimetla branch which is actually near Suchitra circle.Maybe by the postal address,it is within Jeedimetla limits.

regards
Old 13th October 2018, 12:01   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied for the first time link

AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 15:13   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied for the first time link
Thanks AdityaDeane for sharing this video. But any idea what's going to be different in the facelift?
Old 13th October 2018, 15:18   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks AdityaDeane for sharing this video. But any idea what's going to be different in the facelift?
The link i had shared above has some details which I am quoting below:-
Quote:
The facelift TUV300 gets a five slat grille with chrome surrounds, angular headlamps with new LEDs, square fog lamps, black painted B pillars and new alloy wheels. The rear end resembles the Quanto. It gets a tail gate mounted rear wheel, vertically stacked tail lamps and blackened treatment to rear windshield thus creating a two tone effect.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 15:25   #2347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The link i had shared above has some details which I am quoting below:-
Thanks once again. So looks like it is just a cosmetic upgrade, the LED lamps and the blackened B pillars being the prominent ones. Not that these cannot be done after market. I am just thinking if they plonk the 2.2L mHawk of the TUV3OO Plus in this and a six speed transmission (manual & auto, a proper autobox like the XUV and not the AMT), it will make the TUV heck of a car.
Old 13th October 2018, 16:29   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again. So looks like it is just a cosmetic upgrade, the LED lamps and the blackened B pillars being the prominent ones. Not that these cannot be done after market. I am just thinking if they plonk the 2.2L mHawk of the TUV3OO Plus in this and a six speed transmission (manual & auto, a proper autobox like the XUV and not the AMT), it will make the TUV heck of a car.
Tuv has 1.5 ltr engine for excise and pollution norm benefits. So engine change is not going to happen. Rest all are minor things. I doubt if this is an old video of tuv in its initial test stages now resurfacing again. For such a minor facelift I dont think,
manufacturer does extensive road testing.
Old 15th October 2018, 11:19   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
... I am just thinking if they plonk the 2.2L mHawk of the TUV3OO Plus in this
My hunch is M&M would use the 1.5L Falcon series engine from the Marrazzo to retain the sub 1.5L benefits. And may be that is why the vehicle is undergoing trial runs.

Quote:
...and a six speed transmission (manual & auto, a proper autobox like the XUV and not the AMT), it will make the TUV heck of a car.
Also add a 4WD(it already has the ideal approach and departure angles) to the wishlist - TUV would become one heck of a daily driver cum weekend(lifestyle) SUV.

Last edited by sathyasuri : 15th October 2018 at 11:34. Reason: added couple of points.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 16:51   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from my TUV ownership thread:
Quote:
Looks like Mahindra parts are getting costlier by the day. 2 days back my LHS fog lamp fused. Since today I had some free time, I thought the calling of Service Advisor to check if the fog lamp can be replaced. He told me to come @ 3pm and accordingly I went there. He didn't even prepare the job card and as per over the counter sale got a new fog lamp and fitted it in 20 mins. Another 20 mins was spent in adjusting its throw as it was going up in the air and not falling on ground.

I was charged Rs 540/- just for the lamp (including CGST & SGST). Fortunately no labor charges. However just 2 months back I had done my 40K service and that time I got the RHS fog lamp replaced. That time I was charged Rs 467/- in the invoice. This means the price have shot up by 16% in just 2 months. Not sure about other spare parts though. Does any one has any idea if recently there was an upwards revision in Mahindra spare part prices?
Old 21st October 2018, 20:20   #2351
BHPian

Yesterday, while I was driving to Chennai from Pondy on the ECR, I spotted a fully camouflaged TUV 300 stopped near a road side tea shop. Since I was doing a speed of 60+ kmph, I could not manage to take any photo of the test vehicle. So the TUV300 facelift is just round the corner? Also, what is the point of full camouflage if it is to be just reworked bumpers and taillight? Or will there be more? Keeps me guessing.
Old 21st October 2018, 20:36   #2352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
So the TUV300 facelift is just round the corner? Also, what is the point of full camouflage if it is to be just reworked bumpers and taillight? Or will there be more? Keeps me guessing.
One of the sites that posted the pics of a camouflaged TUV lurking in Adyar (Chennai) recently mentioned that the newer model has incorporated certain changes to meet upcoming crash norms (I assume that they're referring to BS VI). This might entail some changes to the body's design.

And speaking of BS VI norms, that's where our good old TUV will begin to cost an additional ~ Rs.75K or more, given the stringent emission targets. There'd be a new Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and few other additions under the hood or under the body.

And a Mahindra engineer whom I'd met earlier this year mentioned that they've been toying around with a decreased centre of gravity for the TUV over at their R&D center in Chenglepet in order to ensure adequate wheel articulation. He did say that the wheelspin issue will be sorted out in the updated TUV 300 whenever it comes out....and here it is! (For the record, I've haven't had a single wheelspin occurrence till date, even though I'm constantly in situations where I should be getting it...I have a Jan 2018 manufactured Tank. So there's still a possibility that the changes the engineer had mentioned have already been incorporated in TUVs that have been manufactured in recent times!)
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 23:36   #2353
BHPian

My TUV driver side seat belt got jammed

I was not able to pull it to buckle up. This happened on a 300km highway journey. Called up my service advisor and asked what I can do about it.
He calmly said, "Sir, bring it tomorrow, we shall sort out"
4 of us in the car tried to pull and yank on the belt but it just didn't extend from its retracted position.
A 300km highway drive without seat belt felt very uneasy and scary. Yet had to complete it with care.

Also, My A/C is picking up strong outside smells even in recirculation mode. did anyone face such an issue?
Old 29th October 2018, 10:49   #2354
BHPian

A small update on the tank or "Rath" as I call it

Driven some 2100 kilometers from the west coast to east coast in last 7-8 days. With a mix of some lazy and spirited driving, the average fuel efficiency on ghats and straight roads came to around 16kmpl. AC always on and moderate load in Rath. The engine seems to become smoother as I run it more. No drama anywhere, just fill diesel and go. The current odometer reading stands at 15.2k Kms. I must say, at this price point there is no other such a no-nonsense body-on-frame SUV. If Mahindra can sort out some finer details, it is a darn good vehicle.
ambujlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 14:27   #2355
BHPian

I had given my TUV for the second free service last week to Unnati Motors in Pune. Having had a mediocre experience from Silver Jubilee in the first service, I decided to give Unnati motors a try.

I had the following complaints that needed fixing, apart from the regular fluid and filter changes:
1. Jerks in lower gears during cold starts
2. Touchscreen freeze after long drives and listening to songs from a mixed sources - USB/Bluetooth/Radio

Happy to report that Unnati Motors has managed to fix issue #1. The vehicle is now smoother much quicker and does not need a lot of heating up. The engine noise has also reduced and it feels much more refined to drive.

Need to check fix for issue #2 on the next long drive. Overall satisfied with the quality of the work.

Unnati motors also fixed a few other stuff without me mentioning it:
1. The touchscreen now has a volume memory (probably due to OS reset or software patching)
2. The handrests are horizontal again. These had started to droop down
3. The DTE reading is not bouncing around a lot. It is more dependable

Also got the rain visor attached. Overall bill was 7.5k including the visors for 1.2k.
Maddy3008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed