Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 16:02   #2356
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
I had given my TUV for the second free service last week ....
2. The handrests are horizontal again. These had started to droop down
My TUV's 2nd free service looms around the horizon. I've done 7500 Km so far.

The drooping handrests are there on my TUV as well!

The other things I'll want to have addressed -
* Notchy gear-shifts when the engine is still cold. I wonder if this is a manifestation of a Slave cylinder failure people keep mentioning in the Scorpio threads (TUV has the same components)
* A slightly strained engine performance (I think) at higher speeds than 80 Kmph
* Whenever I turn the wheel sharply to the left and move the vehicle at crawling speeds, I can hear a loud mechanical noise (something under the car goes "tok")

On a separate note, I'm thinking of getting a touchscreen unit from Mahindra for my T8. That'll also come with reverse-cams.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 20:21   #2357
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/mahindr...-12283774.html

XUV 300? Maybe. 123 BHP is insane Why has Mahindra not given this to TUV? Looks good actually.

Nuvosport had day-time running headlights and touchscreen for it's S8 version. Mahindra should have included those options in T8 version of TUV300 instead of bring out an all new T10 version.
Old 3rd November 2018, 01:46   #2358
BHPian

Anybody know if this android auto for TUV was actually rolled out?
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...o-soon/816183/
Old 7th November 2018, 09:05   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Wishing all my TBHP brethern a very Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year. Today's day is very special for me because it's not just Diwali but it is the third birthday of my Orange Tank . Yes, three years back, on this very same day the Orange Tank was brought home. It has clocked 43K kms till date. These three years of ownership have been absolutely bliss and satisfying. Wish I could have clocked some more mileage on the tank, nevertheless it has been a wonderful experience all this while. Will try to summarize my ownership experience in the course of the day. Sharing the picture, 3 years flashback, when the tank was brought home.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4579.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 12:28   #2360
BHPian

Congrats AutoIndian. Wish you a very Happy Diwali and lot of happy miles with the TUV.
nikhil0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 13:50   #2361
BHPian

Just finished a road trip in my TUV and my restored Qualis from Chennai to Mysore, Nagerhole, coorg and back. TUV was amazing. I managed to touch some high speeds with 5 onboard and a lot of bags. Never imagined it would have this much pulling power. I had done multiple short trips earlier to Pondicherry from Chennai and felt the TUV had struggled then with 6 onboard. However those trips were before the first service. Am very satisfied with the performance. Was always worried if the TUV will breakdown or give some other problem but things turned out well. This was the furthest we have taken the TUV till date. Have clocked about 7000km so far in 9 months of ownership.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th November 2018 at 16:59. Reason: Removed references of speeding. Please refrain.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 07:07   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Just finished a road trip in my TUV and my restored Qualis from Chennai to Mysore, Nagerhole, coorg and back. TUV was amazing. I managed to touch some high speeds with 5 onboard and a lot of bags. Never imagined it would have this much pulling power. I had done multiple short trips earlier to Pondicherry from Chennai and felt the TUV had struggled then with 6 onboard. However those trips were before the first service. Am very satisfied with the performance. Was always worried if the TUV will breakdown or give some other problem but things turned out well. This was the furthest we have taken the TUV till date. Have clocked about 7000km so far in 9 months of ownership.
Many congratulations diyguy on completing a successful trip in your TUV . The more you load the tank the better it drives and performs. The TUV has well gone past its initial years of niggles and have matured over the last three years. It has become a reliable workhorse for most of us over here
Old 9th November 2018, 09:41   #2363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The more you load the tank the better it drives and performs.
+1 to that. Recently drove the tank fully loaded through so rough and narrow roads to get to devaramane and it performed very well. No wheelspin nothing and it pulled like a champ. Details posted on my ownership thread for those interested.

I see a lot of new owners - 2017 mid onwards have been reporting F.Es upwards of 16 kmpl during their trips and that is probably because M&M did some major changes to the fueling system (especially after the initial issues with fuel pump many early owners suffered). I remember mi2n mentioning this during a discussion and based on the data, it looks like this is true.

Again goes to show that M&M uses its initial owners as guinea pigs and hence its better off waiting for a while before buying a new M&M product.

@Autoindian - how are your tires holding up?
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 10:20   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I see a lot of new owners - 2017 mid onwards have been reporting F.Es upwards of 16 kmpl during their trips and that is probably because M&M did some major changes to the fueling system
I am getting a mileage of slightly over 10kmpl per fuelio stats. We run with ac always turned on and usually at two or three. Mine is the T10 AMT model.
Old 9th November 2018, 10:38   #2365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody know if this android auto for TUV was actually rolled out?
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...o-soon/816183/
I don't know what this is - Is it applicable to the T10 model alone?

Quote:
I am getting a mileage of slightly over 10kmpl per fuelio stats. We run with ac always turned on and usually at two or three. Mine is the T10 AMT model.
Well, I'd be surprised if you're getting 10 Kmpl even on the highway. I've gotten ~ 18 Kmpl, Mr.Deetee I believe got nearly 20 Kmpl on the highway recently.

In city traffic, with AC always on, I get 13 to 14 kmpl. Mine is a January 2018 manufactured one.
Old 9th November 2018, 10:43   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I don't know what this is - Is it applicable to the T10 model alone?

In city traffic, with AC always on, I get 13 to 14 kmpl. Mine is a January 2018 manufactured one.
Mine is a Dec 2017 manufactured vehicle and I get only 10kmpl. I have been using a Tyre pressure of 33psi. This was the first time I filled 35psi. I think the 35psi made the difference to the pulling capability and the speeds that I was able to achieve.
On the T10 touchscreen audio system, there was a news article that the software upgrade makes it Android Auto capable. Currently we are limited to using the maps and capability of the stock firmware on the Touchscreen audio which is pretty limiting. So wondering if others here with the OEM car stereo have had the Android auto updates on it.
Old 9th November 2018, 12:03   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I did 30K service although ODO reading was only 25352, as one year was completed from the last service. Total bill with GST was Rs. 4457. Initially they said I need to pay for dry wash, which I declined and later they did it as a part of service. Driver's seat belt was replaced under warranty. This weekend I will again visit the service centre to replace front passenger seat belt.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-m.png  

Old 9th November 2018, 12:32   #2368
BHPian

I need some clarification. My ODO reads 8037 but there is another reading on top that reads 8445 Trip a/c. Don't know what this means. Attaching the image. Can someone please explain the difference between the two?
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-rps20181109_123035.jpg
Old 9th November 2018, 12:35   #2369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need some clarification. My ODO reads 8037 but there is another reading on top that reads 8445 Trip a/c. Don't know what this means.

Maybe your vehicle engine and AC was kept on for considerable time while vehicle was stationary. I normally clear all these trip counters after every refueling.
Old 9th November 2018, 13:29   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
I need some clarification. My ODO reads 8037 but there is another reading on top that reads 8445 Trip a/c. Don't know what this means. Attaching the image. Can someone please explain the difference between the two?
Attachment 1816815
It might be because you might have used AC when vehicle is stationary.
In user manual it is written that for every 1 minute usage of AC in stationary vehicle, Trip A/C reading will increase by 1km.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed