Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 13:56   #2626
BHPian

Had my first puncture 618 days after purchase. A screw in between the tread rear left Tyre. Got it removed and fixed by a local puncture shop near my house. Tried a brand store first near by and learnt he had shut down and gone. So had no choice. Hopefully the gooey insert will stay for long.
Old 21st September 2019, 19:22   #2627
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2019 at 12:46.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2019, 18:38   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

I had my first ever wheel-spin experience today. To make way for a bus in a narrow, water-logged street, I sank the left wheels off the road onto slush. A S-cross pulled up inches behind my rear fender and waited as well. After the bus went by, I found the left rear wheel freely spinning in the slush.

The S Cross pulled out from behind and horror of horrors - its left headlight was hidden by all the slush that my spinning tyre had dug out! The poor chap sped away before I could apologize to him.

Has anyone installed aftermarket mudflaps on their Tank? This is simply horrendous to other road users and mudflaps are a must.
Old 25th September 2019, 18:56   #2629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I had my first ever wheel-spin experience today.
I have got my MLD installed in July 2017 and have not faced wheel-spin issue after that. I suggest you to check with Mahindra if they are still willing to provide MLD.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:08   #2630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have got my MLD installed in July 2017 and have not faced wheel-spin issue after that. I suggest you to check with Mahindra if they are still willing to provide MLD.
Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know how much it costs to overhaul the MLD at 80,000 Km? I understand that a complete overhauling of the kit is needed at that point. In 18500 km of driving it, this is the first and only time I've gotten stuck somewhere because of wheelspin. I need to weigh the costs versus the benefits.
Old 26th September 2019, 15:46   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know how much it costs to overhaul the MLD at 80,000 Km?
I actually got it free of charge under warranty. I also understand that Mahindra now provides upgraded suspension kit for TUV300. But if you still have problem after getting the new suspension, you can ask for MLD.
Old 27th September 2019, 06:38   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know how much it costs to overhaul the MLD at 80,000 Km? I understand that a complete overhauling of the kit is needed at that point. In 18500 km of driving it, this is the first and only time I've gotten stuck somewhere because of wheelspin. I need to weigh the costs versus the benefits.
That wheel spin is not related the notorious problem. I was stuck three times in such situations where rear wheels spun incessantly, being a 2wd it's inherent. MLD may or may not help in those situations, it's better to avoid getting in such slushy traps in the first place.
Old 29th September 2019, 10:49   #2633
BHPian

My TUV is broken down in my daughter's college and is going to be towed today to India Garage. There is a low oil pressure warning due to which the car was not starting. I haven't been to the scene yet but will update back once the dust settles.
Old 30th September 2019, 22:11   #2634
BHPian

Update on my TUV breakdown, a rat had bitten a few wires. India Garage fixed it immediately but kept the car for a day to get the firmware update and a few minor replacement parts. They did not charge me for fixing the wires and after the firmware update the performance is mind boggling. I cannot fathom why it took them so long for a software fix to solve the jerkiness, slow pickup and sloth like general response. I drove it for a few km tonight and hopefully it stays great.
diyguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 22:03   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Update on my TUV breakdown, a rat had bitten a few wires. India Garage fixed it immediately but kept the car for a day to get the firmware update and a few minor replacement parts. They did not charge me for fixing the wires and after the firmware update the performance is mind boggling. I cannot fathom why it took them so long for a software fix to solve the jerkiness, slow pickup and sloth like general response. I drove it for a few km tonight and hopefully it stays great.
After having my Actuator and Fly Wheel Kit changed in my AMT, I did not face any jerkiness or power loss issue. However, recently it started resurfacing again. I am close to clocking 50k on my Tank and will get this checked in the next scheduled service.

I received a call couple of times from MASS to get the firmware updated for AMT, but I wanted to save a trip to MASS. I hope the performance improves after the update.

Also looking to get my tires changes at 55K. I have shortlisted to Michelin Tires, I got a quotation of 7,200 per tire from a local tire shop and compared the prices online, they seem to be same. Anyone changed to Michelin tires here? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 1st October 2019 at 22:06. Reason: Typo
Old 1st October 2019, 23:42   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I received a call couple of times from MASS to get the firmware updated for AMT, but I wanted to save a trip to MASS.... I have shortlisted to Michelin Tires, I got a quotation of 7,200 per tire from a local tire shop and compared the prices online, they seem to be same.
The AMT update will make your ride snappy. I realized the TUV takes me 5 mins or so longer to get to work compared to my swift. Now after the upgrade I think this will no longer be an issue.
I purchased one Michelin for my spare Tyre at 7420, but if you know someone working at Michelin you will get a 15% employee discount.

Just watch out that you are given new tyres. My dealer was bad, he got me a 5 year old Tyre from his madurai branch when I asked for just one tyre. I was shocked at his callousness. He was also a regular from who my brother in law had been purchasing for a long time.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 20:22   #2637
BHPian

Well the power loss issue escalated quickly. I started facing issue more frequently. Yesterday I was stranded in middle of heavy traffic, imagine the awkwardness.

I called the regional manager and he quickly arranged for loaner vehicle and took my Tank to MASS. The service center manager called me and informed that vaccum modulator has to be changed and it will take 1 week.

I am fully confused and frustrated now. My loan amount is 6.5 lacs left and resale value for my AMT is coming to 6 lacs only. It has lost it's reliability, I do not trust it anymore. No matter how many times I escalate they simply apologize and offer repair under warranty. They are not offering refund or new car. What to do
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:19   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
What to do
I know it sounds easy writing it from the comfort of the home than being in the situation itself. Just sell it off, take the hit/loss of 50k and forget it as your bad dream. Sometimes in life peace of mind while driving is more important than anything else. At least they are trying to fix the problem but then it would always be a patchwork. Again, easier said than done.
ambujlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:28   #2639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am fully confused and frustrated now. My loan amount is 6.5 lacs left and resale value for my AMT is coming to 6 lacs only. It has lost it's reliability, I do not trust it anymore. No matter how many times I escalate they simply apologize and offer repair under warranty. They are not offering refund or new car. What to do
Ah sad to read your experience. But you aren't the first & you aren't the last certainly. Its a machine and every once in a while there is a lemon. Even a Mercedes can behave similar. Its actually good to see that they are finding the issues & are willing to resolve them without looking at you as a lost cause. Breakdowns or a bad piece is a risk we take when buying a car anyway. There is always a chance / hope that the latest repair will finally resolve the issues & it will be happy days after that for a long time.

On the other hand - if you have lost your emotional connect with the car & don't love it anymore like you did on day 1 - sell her off. In such case, money shouldn't be the decisive factor. If you keep the car thinking of those 50k & then curse yourself or the car everyday, you are really at a bigger loss. Sell it. You'll get sweet deals on other cars right now thanks to slower sales & year end. That will sooth your burn about the lost money to some extent too.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 18:08   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I know it sounds easy writing it from the comfort of the home than being in the situation itself. Just sell it off, take the hit/loss of 50k and forget it as your bad dream. Sometimes in life peace of mind while driving is more important than anything else. At least they are trying to fix the problem but then it would always be a patchwork. Again, easier said than done.
I agree, however, the loss is not just the 50k. I made a down payment of 2.5 lacs, then took 9 lacs loan at 8.75% interest rate from HDFC Bank.

So the total cost of my vehicle is coming to around 14 lacs, including interest paid and other processing charges. Additionally invested 32k on accessories and 30k on Pioneer touch screen HU. Total investment 14.6 lacs and I need to pay back 6.5 lacs to bank. Even if I manage to get 6.5 lacs after selling my vehicle I will be left with zero amount in hand and no vehicle.

That means I paid 8.1 lacs for using the vehicle for just 2.5 years + frustration, humiliation and disappointment as added bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah sad to read your experience. But you aren't the first & you aren't the last certainly. Its a machine and every once in a while there is a lemon. Even a Mercedes can behave similar. Its actually good to see that they are finding the issues & are willing to resolve them without looking at you as a lost cause. Breakdowns or a bad piece is a risk we take when buying a car anyway. There is always a chance / hope that the latest repair will finally resolve the issues & it will be happy days after that for a long time.

On the other hand - if you have lost your emotional connect with the car & don't love it anymore like you did on day 1 - sell her off. In such case, money shouldn't be the decisive factor. If you keep the car thinking of those 50k & then curse yourself or the car everyday, you are really at a bigger loss. Sell it. You'll get sweet deals on other cars right now thanks to slower sales & year end. That will sooth your burn about the lost money to some extent too.
Yes that's exactly the case. I lost trust and don't love my vehicle anymore. Everytime I plan a long trip on it, I tend to become more and more obnoxious and dropped the plan all together just to be on safer side. It's not reliable anymore.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed