Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 12:43   #2821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
OT: Hi Kosfactor, I tried to find the equivalent part for my Scorpio SLE on boodmo, but the closest I could find was this. Please do let me know too, if your search is more accurate
I'm waiting for mine to get delivered this Sunday,let me confirm fitment before you place your order. Currently I'm using a small strip of P rubber seal that is similar to this (link) in my Sle.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084GW46ZT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5IOgFbCYB5JM1

That seems to do the job and channel water away from the engine room into the front fender drain channels.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:56   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
There is a large crop of very good dash-cams available now. Generally 70mai PRO or 70mai Lite
You can look them up in Amazon.in. I use a 70 Mai LITE + GPS module. More than happy with it.
Thanks - Will do so. Does the GPS module and the Driver assistance system really help?
Old 24th July 2020, 13:48   #2823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Thanks - Will do so. Does the GPS module and the Driver assistance system really help?
In our conditions - the driver assistance offered by the "PRO" is a hit or miss. Most of the time car in front movement alert is fairly late. Lane markers on our roads in first place are patchy. So the possibility of lane alerts is already less.
I use the "LITE" module, so I don't have the driver assistance features. The GPS does give me coordinates & real time speed imprinted in the video. I find it fairly useful. Gives more vital information if I ever have to use the video as evidence anywhere.

Be advised - I got this LITE + GPS module bundle as a special xmas offer kit exclusively on AliExpress in 2019. I got it for something around 3500 INR or so only. So was totally worth it.
Old 24th July 2020, 14:45   #2824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I had an identical experience a couple of days back with my TUV 300 ( Nov 2018 model ). However after several tries and after a 5 minute break (and almost panicking) it started and has behaved normally ever since. Must confess that I am also running on my original battery still. However the battery did crank sufficiently for several tries.
I am extremely keen to know what explananation the Mahindra service engineers give for your experience .
Kindly do keep us posted ,Thanks & Regards
Mine also started acting about an year back. Before that it had done this act pretty longtime back & I had put a post on this thread somewhere.
I, sure will keep you posted on what were my findings. As of now, I am on new battery.

Quote:
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a decent dash cam for my TUV 300. Any suggestions and advice Please .
I am using this one. Had bought it BOX-PACKED from a BHPian. No complaints. Pretty crisp videos & photos.
http://en.ddpai.com/product/mini/4.html

But would recommend this:
http://en.ddpai.com/product/360/59.html

Rgds.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:56   #2825
BHPian

My wheel nuts are crumbling to the touch, as shown in the attached pictures. Has anyone else had this happen? Can anyone suggest the source for good quality chrome or equivalent nuts, preferably online?
I am guessing this is due to daily rim wash by my car cleaner. Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200725_172715.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200725_172726.jpg
Old 26th July 2020, 07:29   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My wheel nuts are crumbling to the touch, as shown in the attached pictures. Has anyone else had this happen? Can anyone suggest the source for good quality chrome or equivalent nuts, preferably online?
I am guessing this is due to daily rim wash by my car cleaner.
Unless and until your wash guy pours acid for rim wash this shouldn't have happened, possibly a manufacturing defect. Our 4 year old Maruti gets cruelly washed by these guys and the lugs nut are still perfect. If your car is in warranty I'd suggest you to claim it.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 18:31   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
My wheel nuts are crumbling to the touch, as shown in the attached pictures. Has anyone else had this happen?
Did you email customer service and ask for their 2 cents on this? This is abnormal, I have never seen anything like this before. These do not cover under warranty, but M&M may change them under "good will" as these might not be very costly.
Old 26th July 2020, 18:40   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Did you email customer service and ask for their 2 cents on this?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Unless and until your wash guy pours acid for rim wash this shouldn't have happened, possibly a manufacturing defect.
Our water is very hard with TDS of about 2700. I have a softener in place and i suspect the water coupled with poor quality metal used to crown these lug nuts is the reason. I am considering replacing them with ones that have require a secure spanner to prevent theft and would probably just do the replacement myself. I can also carry these from abroad whenever the covid situation clears up. I just need to check the strength of the base of the nuts to ensure the rot has not gotten to them.
Old 26th July 2020, 21:05   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Our water is very hard with TDS of about 2700. I have a softener in place and i suspect the water coupled with poor quality metal used to crown these lug nuts is the reason. I am considering replacing them with ones that have require a secure spanner to prevent theft and would probably just do the replacement myself. I can also carry these from abroad whenever the covid situation clears up. I just need to check the strength of the base of the nuts to ensure the rot has not gotten to them.
Still I'd say mail and tweet Mahindra, maybe they will provide a goodwill warranty and whenever you go abroad you can procure another set and keep it as a spare one.
Old 29th July 2020, 22:13   #2830
BHPian

After a long gap, I used my TUV yesterday and drove around 20 kms. AMT issues started again, I noticed a jerk and sudden power loss when it was shifting from A3 to A4. This was previously addressed, and it has resurfaced again.

I faced similar issue few months back (Pre-Corona period) and it ended up with vehicle giving sudden jerks and coming to stop still at high speeds. Finally decided to let go of TUV

Will be going ahead with Ecosport or Seltos, not finalized anything yet. Did a TD of ecosport today, surprisingly the steering was hard. Steering position is not comfortable, but I can live with it. Seating position of TUV will be missed very badly. Nice smooth ride, clutch is light, clutch travel is small, 2nd gear driving in traffic is a challenge and gear shifts are smooth.

Fit and finish inside/outside is top notch. Engine idling noise is on higher note than TUV from outside. Seats are very comfortable, you will feel planted in them.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 10:03   #2831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT: Hi Kosfactor, I tried to find the equivalent part for my Scorpio SLE on boodmo, but the closest I could find was this. Please do let me know too, if your search is more accurate
I received this part , it's tiny and won't seal the edge of the cowl for Sle. I need to search for this or maybe it comes as a part of the cowl cover itself in which case my 'P' seal is a better option
Old 30th July 2020, 13:50   #2832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally decided to let go of TUV

Will be going ahead with Ecosport or Seltos, not finalized anything yet. Did a TD of ecosport today, surprisingly the steering was hard. Steering position is not comfortable, but I can live with it. Seating position of TUV will be missed very badly. Nice smooth ride, clutch is light, clutch travel is small, 2nd gear driving in traffic is a challenge and gear shifts are smooth.
Hey, you don't owe anybody else anything - especially after what your AMT mis-equipped TUV has done to you.

Why not consider the 6 speed Torque Converter Automatic Ecosport? It is shockingly puny on the inside, but it's a solid car otherwise. And that 6 speed sounds lovely...some day I'll get a used example to replace my 4 speed AT used A Star for my wife.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 14:16   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Why not consider the 6 speed Torque Converter Automatic Ecosport?
No more AT's, AMT's, TC's, CVT's for me. I will stick with good old stick. Looking for Diesel only as of now, as post covid I need to travel 60 kms daily.
Old 30th July 2020, 14:49   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
No more AT's, AMT's, TC's, CVT's for me. I will stick with good old stick. Looking for Diesel only as of now, as post covid I need to travel 60 kms daily.
I've been through your posts on this thread and it seems you had a love-hate relationship with your TUV AMT. Sad to see you finally surrender to its problems.

Although I feel only another TUV can replace one TUV, I would be interested in what finally replaces yours.
Have you considered the Harrier or the Hexa. The seating and sturdiness won't be missed so much and you can get a sweet deal on a used Hexa as well.
And if you're considering the EcoSport, you might as well look at the XUV300, unless you want to shun Mahindra altogether.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 15:45   #2835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The seal is part of this bit.

Link

Did some enhancement of the image.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-inkedplenum_li.jpg

I think we should just use a piece of rubber seal.

Most Viewed