Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 09:26   #3001
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinz.vivek View Post
Anyone else faced this issue? Any solutions?
This is a common issue and the fix is replacing the speedo sensor. If you need more details, do check with Dinesh on the TUV BLR WAG OR with Harshad on the Pan India WAG, who had faced the same issue IIRC and got the sensor replaced.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 17:52   #3002
BHPian

The new TUV 300 aka Bolero Neo has been launched today. Much to the relief of the TUV 300 owners as the parts availability will now be assured for some more years. Looking at the specs and features, Bolero Neo is TUV 300 with new Bolero-ish front design, Cruise Control, standard MLD (marketed as Multi Terrain Technology) & no roof rails.
So Bolero will now fan out to be a brand with Bolero (original), Bolero Neo and possibly Bolero Neo+ (TUV 300+ ?) in its portfolio?
Also, should this TUV thread be now renamed?

Last edited by sathyasuri : 13th July 2021 at 18:03. Reason: Added a point on possible Bolero portfolio list.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 22:16   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Looking at the specs and features, Bolero Neo is TUV 300 with new Bolero-ish front design, Cruise Control, standard MLD (marketed as Multi Terrain Technology) & no roof rails.
Only thing I would miss in my current TUV3OO is Cruise Control. I already have MLD installed by Mahindra under warranty. Looks like Mahindra is putting too much emphasis on Bolero brand to increase sales and reluctant to acknowledge that this is actually a facelift version of TUV3OO. Let's see acceptance of Bolero Neo among the SUV loving people.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:38   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Only thing I would miss in my current TUV3OO is Cruise Control. I already have MLD installed by Mahindra under warranty.
Ditto here.

Quote:
Looks like Mahindra is putting too much emphasis on Bolero brand to increase sales and reluctant to acknowledge that this is actually a facelift version of TUV3OO. Let's see acceptance of Bolero Neo among the SUV loving people.
I think the Bolero branding is basically to socialize the TUV's shape and form to the original Bolero customer and when the mandatory dual front airbags regulation comes in (link here) Bolero neo might take the name of the Bolero itself if M&M is unable/not planning to add a second airbag to the Original Bolero's dashboard.
Old 17th July 2021, 14:30   #3005
BHPian

I think the TUV300 aka Bolero Neo is one of the few cars in the Indian Market that actually got a price reduction going from BS4 to BS6. Officially the TUV300 BS4 was priced between Rs 8.59-10.66 Lacs. The new Bolero Neo is now available between 8.48-9.99 Lacs. If you take into consideration the fact that things like dual airbags, ABS, rear park sensors are now compulsory. Also the high inflation in the last 12 months, Mahindra did a really good job of pricing the product competitively.

The price puts it head on in competition with the Classic Bolero now. An online price search reveals that these cars are priced within a few thousand rupees of each other. Anyone looking at the classic Bolero will definitely take this product seriously as it is better equipped, more spacious and more comfortable that the classic bolero, that is if they are able to overlook the exterior design of the Bolero NEO.
Old 17th July 2021, 15:04   #3006
BHPian

Hello friends. I own a 2016 TUV T8 with 84bhp tune. I have started to face an issue and would like to know the possibile cause before visiting the service center. I hear a humming noise from behind the steering wheel when the car is on. The noise starts once I move the steering wheel after firing the engine and it stops once I kill the engine. When I switch off the engine, the sound fades away gradually within 2-3 seconds and sounds like a motor getting switched off. I suspect this to be an issue with power steering motor. However, I don't feel any problem or any change in steering behaviour. Kindly help with your knowledge so that I can get the issue sorted in best possible way.
Old 1st August 2021, 21:53   #3007
Senior - BHPian

My stock tyres will complete six years in October 2021 and I am planning to change tyres around that time. Did anyone upgrade tyres to a different size? I am thinking of upgrading to 235/70/R15. Not considering 235/75/R15 as it will lead to significant changes and may touch body in extreme turning conditions.

Here is a comparison from Tire Expert App:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-23570r15.png  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-23575r15.png  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 10:15   #3008
BHPian

Last few days, am facing issues with my 2018 T10 brakes. Facing some unusual vibration on brake pedal whenever I apply brakes. It was absolutely fine when I started from Bangalore. And didn't feel it an issue on highway. But, last two days, driving in state Highway (which are not that bad except for speedbreakers) my usage of brakes have relatively gone up. And am beginning to feel the vibration intensity growing. It was always there, but very negligible. Mahindra SA said it is normal and nothing to worry about back then. Now, I feel there is a need to take it to service station as I have another 1000kms journey ahead fully dependent on the vehicle.

Can anyone help me with what needs to be checked or to look out for here?
Old 7th October 2021, 10:37   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Last few days, am facing issues with my 2018 T10 brakes. Facing some unusual vibration on brake pedal whenever I apply brakes. It was absolutely fine when I started from Bangalore. And didn't feel it an issue on highway. But, last two days, driving in state Highway (which are not that bad except for speedbreakers) my usage of brakes have relatively gone up. And am beginning to feel the vibration intensity growing. It was always there, but very negligible. Mahindra SA said it is normal and nothing to worry about back then. Now, I feel there is a need to take it to service station as I have another 1000kms journey ahead fully dependent on the vehicle.

I never experienced this myself, but could this be due to ABS kicking in prematurely? When you are at a decent speed (above 50-60kmph) and you slam the brakes, then you feel the vibrations/ pulsations on the brake pedal. This is nothing but the ABS kicking in, trying to prevent the locking of the wheels. Is it a similar feeling but of low intensity that you are getting? In any case since you have an upcoming long drive, I would suggest better get the brake system checked thoroughly from a reliable service center.
Old 7th October 2021, 10:46   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And didn't feel it an issue on highway. But, last two days, driving in state Highway (which are not that bad except for speedbreakers) my usage of brakes have relatively gone up. And am beginning to feel the vibration intensity growing.

Your brake rotors are perhaps worn out, please have them checked and replaced if necessary. They are inexpensive to replace.
Old 7th October 2021, 11:04   #3011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Facing some unusual vibration on brake pedal whenever I apply brakes.
Can you define these vibrations a little more? Is it rapid pulsing of the brake pedal (vertical movement) or is it more like a buzzing vibration? Did you remember if the wipers were on when you felt these vibrations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
ABS kicking in prematurely
Rapid pulsing of the brake pedal would imply ABS kicking in but I think this is more like the vibrations felt when the resonator goes kaput.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Your brake rotors are perhaps worn out
Would uneven wear of brake pads also cause these vibrations?

In the past, I have experienced brake pedal vibrations due to:
1. Resonator issues
2. Using the wipers at high speed, you can feel the vibrations in the pedals with every sweep
3. ABS kicking in at 30-35 kmph speed on bad roads
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:10   #3012
BHPian

Thanks Autoindian & Kosfactor for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you define these vibrations a little more? Is it rapid pulsing of the brake pedal (vertical movement) or is it more like a buzzing vibration? Did you remember if the wipers were on when you felt these vibrations?
Hi procrj, it is more like how you feel when abs kicks in. But, frequency is more. Alternative to vibration could be, rapid upd down movement when brake pad makes contact with disc / drum. The very moment when vehicle begins to slow down. The vibration usually starts & is in sync with the slight movement of your body when you slow down. Hope this explains.

Update: Went to nearby Dealer service center. They are of the view that all the following needs replacement: disc, drum, brake pads and lining. Cost 21k. (Note: this even before they test drove my car). Upon asking for detailed information, they arranged for a test drive. Then said, it is not a major issue for another 5k kms. I then went by common sense. Walked away after talking to them. I will now return to Bangalore and get it done at Anant cars. The issue is purely mechanical and nothing to do with abs.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.
Old 7th October 2021, 14:20   #3013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I then went by common sense. Walked away after talking to them. I will now return to Bangalore and get it done at Anant cars. The issue is purely mechanical and nothing to do with abs.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.
Yep, a lot of them have warped rotors in their vehicles but not aware of it until the day they take it out for a highway trip and hit the brakes at a decent speed. If your pads still have life left in them, replace only the brake discs in the front. The liners \ drums in the rear lasts a long time 1L+ easily, so may not necessarily need to be replaced unless there is some corrosion etc.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:05   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Yep, a lot of them have warped rotors in their vehicles but not aware of it until the day they take it out for a highway trip and hit the brakes at a decent speed. If your pads still have life left in them, replace only the brake discs in the front. The liners \ drums in the rear lasts a long time 1L+ easily, so may not necessarily need to be replaced unless there is some corrosion etc.
Thanks Kosfactor. I'll have this in mind. But as mentioned earlier, this isn't abs and I doubt this is about drum or lining either. I'll post an update on this soon.
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:36   #3015

Quote:
Only thing I would miss in my current TUV3OO is Cruise Control. I already have MLD installed by Mahindra under warranty. Looks like Mahindra is putting too much emphasis on Bolero brand to increase sales and reluctant to acknowledge that this is actually a facelift version of TUV3OO. Let's see acceptance of Bolero Neo among the SUV loving people.
How do you ensure that Mahindra has actually installed MLD kit under warranty. I mean I also got MLD installed under warranty from Mahindra. I reported the wheel spinning issue and they corrected it by installing MLD. But apart from 4 new shockers, i cannot see anything else under my TUV. What to look for - can you educate a bit. Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks