Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 20:23   #3016
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
But apart from 4 new shockers, i cannot see anything else under my TUV. What to look for - can you educate a bit.
I had inspected the new part personally. Also, this was coordinated by Mahindra Bengaluru Area Service Manager. I was sent to another service centre which had then experience of installing MLD and they kept the vehicle for 3 days. I have not encountered wheel spinning issue after installation of MLD. Near my home there is a left turn with slight inclination and I hear that locking sound almost every time I take that turn. I understand that later Mahindra stopped providing MLD and gave suspension upgrade to address wheel spinning.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 02:14   #3017
Senior - BHPian

I have replaced all three wipers yesterday. I have used 21 inches and 19 inches wiper in front (stock size 20 inches and 19 inches) and 12 inches rear wiper (stock size 11 inches). Looks like 12 inches is the maximum size for rear wiper and bigger than that will probably touch the washer nozzle.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20211113_111525_2.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 22:59   #3018
BHPian

I've completed around 63000 km in my 2015 T8 manual.

My daily drive these days has increased to 100km, 6 days a week. Was wondering how robust or long lasting the TUV300 engine is. How long do you think its made to last?

For example in my Honda city I feel the engine would be good enough for atleast about 1.5 lakh km - that's the level of confidence it gave me.
In comparison my Maruti Swift: I could feel things were a bit different after about 70k km. It appeared to be ageing very quickly compared to my Honda. So I sold it at around 75k km.

I'm in two minds about the TUV engine and I'm wondering if I should sell the car once I clock around 75k km or do you guys think it would last longer assuming I continue to get all liquids changed at regular intervals and all services done in a timely manner?

Inputs requested please!

Last edited by theqca : 28th November 2021 at 23:00.
Old 28th November 2021, 23:45   #3019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqca View Post
I'm in two minds about the TUV engine and I'm wondering if I should sell the car once I clock around 75k km or do you guys think it would last longer assuming I continue to get all liquids changed at regular intervals and all services done in a timely manner?
There are folks out there who have clocked 1.5L+ kms in 5+ years and still continue to use their TUV. If your car has no issues, then don't ever think of replacing it as there are no cars out there that share the TUV DNA. Just get service done on time, do some preventive maintenance and continue to enjoy the car.
procrj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 19:44   #3020
BHPian

I own a Jan 2016 T8 manual model. ODO stands at 105000 kms. By God' s grace there are no major hiccups in last 6 yrs of ownership & the TUV has behaved great in all terrains.

Yesterday while on my return trip from Ranikhet to my hometown, TUV crossed a bump in an under construction part of highway at a speed of around 80. Soon after the engine light pop up in the instrument cluster, power dropped & the vehicle stalled.

I checked the vehicle by getting out & there was no sign of any damage, opened the bonnet to see the same but everything seemed fine.

Started it & the TUV started normally but the engine light was still there in the instrument cluster, went on driving but after couple of kms the TUV stopped again with a jerk.

Called my SA & he advised to keep the engine off for 10 mins & try again. Did the same, starter TUV after keeping it off for 10 mins, on starting the engine light went off & I started driving again. After driving around 10 kms the engine light popped up again in the instrument cluster & it stopped again with a jerk. As I was in the middle of a highway with no service centre in 50km radius, I called up my SA again & he told me to do the same & keep on driving. Did the same & kept on driving as there was no option nearby.
After driving like this (start/stop) for about 40 kms stopped again as the TUV loose power, waited again for 10 mins & started again, this time the engine light didn't pop up in cluster & was able to complete last 80 kms of journey without any problem.

Today took the TUV to service centre, they checked it & told about the faulty fuel pump motor. The fuel tank has to be opened up & cleaned, fuel pump motor & diesel filter to be replaced. As they dont have the motor at present so it was ordered, the charges for the same are about 12k.

Kindly let me know if anyone else has failed the same problem. Has fuel pump motor went kaput after the bump or due to bad fuel.
I mostly fill from COCO pumps or from the pumps I am regular at unless in an unknown city.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 21:09   #3021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
TUV crossed a bump in an under construction part of highway at a speed of around 80. Soon after the engine light pop up in the instrument cluster, power dropped & the vehicle stalled.

Today took the TUV to service centre, they checked it & told about the faulty fuel pump motor. The fuel tank has to be opened up & cleaned, fuel pump motor & diesel filter to be replaced. As they dont have the motor at present so it was ordered, the charges for the same are about 12k.
This was a very common problem with 2015 manufactured TUVs and if you check the first few pages of this thread, you will find many owners who got their fuel delivery module changed under warranty as Mahindra had issued a recall. one documented example here (Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective). The tolerences in the old fuel pump was nothing great and a lot of owners had this issue of CEL and power loss after jumping over a speed breaker. I would suggest you push for a good will replacement from Mahindra as this is a known issue and your pump was not replaced under warranty. Its a long shot but still worth trying

Last edited by procrj : 29th November 2021 at 21:10.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:44   #3022
BHPian

So finally got the fuel delivery module(FDM) changed yesterday along with diesel filter. Total cost was 9600/- & took appx 1hr for whole work to be completed.

Asked SA about the recall of FDM in 2015-16 models but he told that if my vehicle had any recall it would pop up when they open the job card by entering vehicle details, I insisted him to check again & there was no recall for any part on my vehicle.

Also, as one of fellow BHPian has asked about the reliability of engine after 1 lac kms, I wanted to share that my odo is at 105000 kms & with regular services & maintenance these engines can last long.

Also, at the dealership yesterday was able to have a look at new Bolero Neo N10(O) which was there for 1st service, cost cutting was evident as many features like lumbar support, illuminated glovebox, padded arm rest on doors, roof rails, cubby holes on tail door & some more which are small but practical features are missing in the new model. Ride quality, middle row seats are more comfortable now. Roof rails just change the look of TUV don't know why Mahindra has removed them in new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
I own a Jan 2016 T8 manual model. ODO stands at 105000 kms. By God' s grace there are no major hiccups in last 6 yrs of ownership & the TUV has behaved great in all terrains.

Yesterday while on my return trip from Ranikhet to my hometown, TUV crossed a bump in an under construction part of highway at a speed of around 80. Soon after the engine light pop up in the instrument cluster, power dropped & the vehicle stalled.

I checked the vehicle by getting out & there was no sign of any damage, opened the bonnet to see the same but everything seemed fine.

Started it & the TUV started normally but the engine light was still there in the instrument cluster, went on driving but after couple of kms the TUV stopped again with a jerk.

Called my SA & he advised to keep the engine off for 10 mins & try again. Did the same, starter TUV after keeping it off for 10 mins, on starting the engine light went off & I started driving again. After driving around 10 kms the engine light popped up again in the instrument cluster & it stopped again with a jerk. As I was in the middle of a highway with no service centre in 50km radius, I called up my SA again & he told me to do the same & keep on driving. Did the same & kept on driving as there was no option nearby.
After driving like this (start/stop) for about 40 kms stopped again as the TUV loose power, waited again for 10 mins & started again, this time the engine light didn't pop up in cluster & was able to complete last 80 kms of journey without any problem.

Kindly let me know if anyone else has failed the same problem. Has fuel pump motor went kaput after the bump or due to bad fuel.
I mostly fill from COCO pumps or from the pumps I am regular at unless in an unknown city.
dieselburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 17:05   #3023
BHPian

My Tuv got stuck on the hills due to the wheel spin issue in a roadside drain that any fwd car would have come out of and it had to be towed by a Tata truck. Mahindra RSA was of no use as they refused to help. I’ve emailed mahindra customer care but they don’t seem to respond either, it’s been 7-8 days now. What should be my next course of action?
Old 27th January 2022, 18:26   #3024
BHPian

My 2015 T8 is due for tyre replacement. Though I have clocked only 36k on the odometer, I think it is time to replace the tyres as they are more than 6 years old. Is there some way I can increase the size of the tyre without compromising the safety of the vehicle and if so what size and brand? What brands are recommended for the TUV 300?
Old 27th January 2022, 20:04   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Is there some way I can increase the size of the tyre without compromising the safety of the vehicle and if so what size and brand? What brands are recommended for the TUV 300?
I did some comparison here (Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review).

Closest one came 235/70/R15 (looks like only Yokohama got this size). However, I know couple of owners who upgraded to 235/75/R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015, which can touch body under extreme turning condition.

I may finally end up buying the stock size 215/75/R15 as I am planning for a vehicle upgrade within next two years.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:23   #3026
BHPian

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
.... Closest one came 235/70/R15 (looks like only Yokohama got this size). However, I know couple of owners who upgraded to 235/75/R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015, which can touch body under extreme turning condition. .....
Thanks a lot airbus. That post was really very useful. Just for information sake has any one actually changed to 235/75/R15. Also is it very expensive?
Old 28th January 2022, 11:31   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did some comparison here (Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review).

Closest one came 235/70/R15 (looks like only Yokohama got this size). However, I know couple of owners who upgraded to 235/75/R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015, which can touch body under extreme turning condition.

I may finally end up buying the stock size 215/75/R15 as I am planning for a vehicle upgrade within next two years.
Good comparison there Airbus. Thanks for sharing. Mine is also Nov-2015 model and tyres have completed 6 years and 3 months. Wanted to replace them this week, but I have a 700kms round trip lined up over this weekend and I have to start pretty early in the morning. If I return on Sunday afternoon, then I may straight go for the replacement of 4 tyres. I am going to stick with stock size and make. Mine are Apollo Apterras & I am very much satisfied with these. Any idea what would be current price of these. Amazon is showing Rs 5800/-.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:01   #3028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I am going to stick with stock size and make. Mine are Apollo Apterras & I am very much satisfied with these. Any idea what would be current price of these. Amazon is showing Rs 5800/-.
I checked with couple of dealers and they are quoting around Rs. 6500/- for Apollo Apterra. Amazon/Tyremarket price seems to be cheaper than local tyre dealers. But the problem with online purchase is that we don't have a way to verify manufacturing date. Again local dealers might give free installation and some discount on exchange of old tyres, which will probably make the cost difference between online and local dealers almost negligible.

Last edited by airbus : 28th January 2022 at 13:05.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:55   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with couple of dealers and they are quoting around Rs. 6500/- for Apollo Apterra. Amazon/Tyremarket price seems to be cheaper than local tyre dealers. But the problem with online purchase is that we don't have a way to verify manufacturing date. Again local dealers might give free installation and some discount on exchange of old tyres, which will probably make the cost difference between online and local dealers almost negligible.
Just now called two tyre dealers in my locality. One is offering Apollo Apterra for Rs 6100/- per piece. Other one has Bridgestone D69 for Rs 6900/- & Apollo Apterra for Rs 6300/-. The former does wheel alignment and wheel balancing free of cost. Obviously I am going to the former tomorrow in the first half to get the 4 tyres replaced.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 14:28   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Just now called two tyre dealers in my locality. One is offering Apollo Apterra for Rs 6100/- per piece. Other one has Bridgestone D69 for Rs 6900/- & Apollo Apterra for Rs 6300/-. The former does wheel alignment and wheel balancing free of cost. Obviously I am going to the former tomorrow in the first half to get the 4 tyres replaced.
Today morning went to the Tyre Shop, Balaji Tyres on Tata Motors road and got the 4 tyres replaced. Fitted the Apollo Apterra HT (same as stock tyres) for Rs 6100/- per piece. The dealer bought back the old tyres for Rs 400/- per tyre. So net effective price per tyre for me was Rs 5700/-. Fortunately all the 4 tyres had "0422" embossed for the date. This means each tyre manufactured in the 4th week of 2022, fresh from the factory. The dealer told me that these were billed from the company just a day ago. So I was very luck to get the latest manufactured tyre.

The wheel balancing was done for all 4 tyres and later the wheel alignment was also checked, all free of cost. Right from handing over the car to the billing, everything was done in 30 mins flat as promised. Luckily I was the first customer in the shop today morning, so it was a quick affair. I was very happy to get Rs 400/- per tyre for the old tyres, didn't negotiate much. These were 6 years and 3 months old and run 58K kms. The spare tyre was found to be in good condition, so didn't replace that. It will be used sparingly, only in case of any emergency. The rotation will be done within the 4 new tyres. The new tyres have 3 years warranty. The shop person advised to get the wheel alignment and balancing checked every 5K kms. To be honest I never checked the balancing and wheel alignment was checked once in 10K kms.

I am fond of these Apollo Apterra HT tyres. The stock ones never gave me any problem and had only 2 punctures in the last 6.3 years (touchwood). I asked for Bridgestones as well, but the shop person told me that the Apollos are best suited for TUV, whereas the Bridgestones are more suitable for the Scorpio. Below is the pic of my tank on new shoes. I would highly recommend this shop, Balaji Tyres for all those staying in Pimpri-Chincnwad, Pune area, very professional and lowest tyre pricing in this area.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220201-1.04.05-pm.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks