Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 16:54   #3046
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Getting to know about people letting go of their TUV's after a good experience is pleasant to read.

I am also considering changing my vehicle. My TUV 300 has served me extremely well for the last 6 years. Just seeking a word of advice from fellow TUV owners here. T8 ( Manual) - 2015 November model - 38k kms on the odometer, in very good condition, What is the resale value I can reasonably expect.

would appreciate some inputs - A ball park figure to go by would really help me plan financially for the replacement .
With 38k on the odo you have hardly used your vehicle in last 6 yrs of ownership is what I will say. If it is all trouble free at present , serving you well & there is no urgent need to sell due to any reason whatsoever, my personal opinion is to keep it for some more time.

I sold mine as there was a standing expense of 1 lacs on the repairs of TUV & I cant use it for the frequent outstation work related trips till the time I get the turbocharger replaced

However, what I got a feel from market is if your vehicle is in great condition then it can fetch anything between 5 - 6 lacs appx.
Old 21st March 2022, 21:37   #3047
Senior - BHPian

In preparation of our upcoming long drive, I visited service centre two weeks back for 6 years / 60,000 kms service (35906 on ODO). Total bill was ₹18,858 (parts and service). Extra expenditure was due to coolant replacement, two vaccum modulators and AC evaporator cleaning.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-servicebill.jpg

Battery was replaced today. I got Amaron AAM-GO-00095D26R from BatteryWale. I paid ₹5,400 with exchange of old battery.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-battery.jpg
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:06   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I visited service centre two weeks back for 6 years / 60,000 kms service (35906 on ODO).
My tank is at 4.5 years age and 59k on ODO. I am giving it for 60k service tomorrow. Will keep posted.

Also, I am replacing my stock CEAT CZAR H/T with same tyres. They have served well for 60k km with still some tread left to go for another 5k.
I have been maintaining 36psi at back and 37 psi at front (cold tyre pressure , at morning). The battery is still OEM Amaron and going good.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:32   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
My tank is at 4.5 years age and 59k on ODO. I am giving it for 60k service tomorrow. Will keep posted.

Also, I am replacing my stock CEAT CZAR H/T with same tyres. They have served well for 60k km with still some tread left to go for another 5k.
I have been maintaining 36psi at back and 37 psi at front (cold tyre pressure , at morning). The battery is still OEM Amaron and going good.
Looking forward to your 60K service experience deetee. Please share the details here as my 60K service is also due in the next couple of weeks. Good to know that your factory fitted tyres and battery have served you well. One friendly advice, since the monsoon season will be hitting us in the next couple of weeks, it will be good to get the tyres as well as battery replaced to be on the safer side.
Old 4th May 2022, 21:11   #3050
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 60k service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Please share the details here as my 60K service is also due in the next couple of weeks.
I picked up TUV after the 60k service.
Engine oil and coolant were replaced . Fuel filter and oil filter as well. Rest of the things were minor - one fog lamp and a wiper blade were changed.
Booked the service slot through Mahindra With You Hamesha app. Total bill for 60k service came to Rs.9000 (for parts and labor) .
I am not sure if I was overcharged for couple of items in below screen shots-
1.) Water wash was not included in the service cost. They wanted to charge extra Rs900 but I didn't like their wash quality. So didn't go for it.
2.) They added extra labour cost for changing fog lamp bulb and one wiper. I thought those small things are part of service cost , but the SA told otherwise. I don't remember being charged for small jobs during service, earlier.
60k Service parts cost:

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot-20220504-8.57.05-pm.png

Service labour cost:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot-20220504-8.57.20-pm.png

Also I changed all my 4 tyres to CEAT CZAR HT (same as the stock ones).
They costed 6000 per tyre including fitment, balancing and nozzle.
Old one I got Rs.400 per tyre. So effectively Rs.5600 for the each tyre.
CEAT gave an unconditional warranty for 36 months and manufacturing defect warranty for another 24 months after that.

Old ones after 60k of mileage on them, except a flat after 50k of running, they have served very well:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-ceatoldtyres.jpeg

Quote:
In preparation of our upcoming long drive, I visited service centre two weeks back for 6 years / 60,000 kms service (35906 on ODO). Total bill was ₹18,858 (parts and service). Extra expenditure was due to coolant replacement, two vaccum modulators and AC evaporator cleaning.
Coolant replacement is part of the 60k service. I don't think you should have been charged labor separately for that.
Also, what are the item numbers 3 and 8 in service labor details. I wonder if they overcharged you for those items as well.

Last edited by deetee : 4th May 2022 at 21:24.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 15:02   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Coolant replacement is part of the 60k service. I don't think you should have been charged labor separately for that.
Also, what are the item numbers 3 and 8 in service labor details. I wonder if they overcharged you for those items as well.
Since the service was done two months back, I might just negotiate with them for a free wash next time.

We have returned to Bengaluru after our 9271 KM road trip to Assam. My TUV300 performance was flawless and handled some really bad roads in Assam without problem. Fuel efficiency for the entire trip was 14.86 KMPL.

After this memorable road trip, we plan to keep our TUV300 for sometime, not in a hurry to get a replacement now

Last edited by airbus : 25th May 2022 at 15:06. Reason: Grammar.
airbus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 15:31   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the service was done two months back, I might just negotiate with them for a free wash next time.

We have returned to Bengaluru after our 9271 KM road trip to Assam. My TUV300 performance was flawless and handled some really bad roads in Assam without problem. Fuel efficiency for the entire trip was 14.86 KMPL.

After this memorable road trip, we plan to keep our TUV300 for sometime, not in a hurry to get a replacement now
Congratulations airbus on your monumental Assam trip. My goodness 9271 kms in one trip, that an astounding number of kms. The max kms that I have done in one single trip was 2,500 kms (way back in 2010 in my humble Inidca). You have done 4 times of that How many days were you on this trip? When you say flawless, does it mean you didn't face even a single issue? That speaks a lot about the reliability of your car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:43   #3053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
How many days were you on this trip? When you say flawless, does it mean you didn't face even a single issue? That speaks a lot about the reliability of your car.
Yes, the vehicle did exceptionally well. Minor issue faced with windshield wiper washer, apart from that no other issue with the vehicle.

Entire trip was of two months and I had worked from my native place in Assam for a month. Here is a summary of the trip:

Name:  tbp9.jpeg
Views: 1131
Size:  161.3 KB

Preparation part is documented here (Suggestions for Bengaluru - Assam - Bengaluru road trip).

Lucky escape here.
airbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:31   #3054
BHPian

Quick question for current TUV 300.

I am a TUV 300 T10 owner, 4 years old, with reverse camera fixed from the showroom. Currently, I am facing an issue, wherein the camera is getting activated 3 seconds after the reverse gear has been engaged. Earlier it was instantaneous.

I wanted to check if it is ok. Also, if I wanted to replace the system with an after market one, I am willing to do that, provided I get the same features as my current system. Currently, my inbuilt infotainment system provides the following:
  1. Inbuilt navigation by MapmyIndia.
  2. USB, Bluetooth and Radio
  3. System alerts including
    • Driver seatbelt unbuckled warning
    • Low fuel warning, including reserve fuel warning
    • Handbrake engaged warning
    • Door open warning
    • DTE
My usage of the system is only to listen to music and take calls. Navigation is only via Google Maps/Apple Maps, without any audio alerts.

In light of the same, need your thoughts.
Old 6th July 2022, 15:47   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Quick question for current TUV 300.

I am a TUV 300 T10 owner, 4 years old, with reverse camera fixed from the showroom. Currently, I am facing an issue, wherein the camera is getting activated 3 seconds after the reverse gear has been engaged. Earlier it was instantaneous.

I wanted to check if it is ok. Also, if I wanted to replace the system with an after market one, I am willing to do that, provided I get the same features as my current system. Currently, my inbuilt infotainment system provides the following:
  1. Inbuilt navigation by MapmyIndia.
  2. USB, Bluetooth and Radio
  3. System alerts including
    • Driver seatbelt unbuckled warning
    • Low fuel warning, including reserve fuel warning
    • Handbrake engaged warning
    • Door open warning
    • DTE
My usage of the system is only to listen to music and take calls. Navigation is only via Google Maps/Apple Maps, without any audio alerts.

In light of the same, need your thoughts.
The below is my guess, may not be completely right, pls use your discretion:
Whenever we engage reverse brake, I think some electronic switch is turning on the relay of reverse parking camera/sensor system. So the delay may be anywhere in that circuitry, most probably in the switch. You may only have to replace that faulty switch. If you change the inbuilt ICE system, system alerts may not be presented by after market systems.
I would suggest you approach the service center first and see what they would say.
Old 6th October 2022, 14:44   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Returned from our Bengaluru - Rameswaram - Kanyakumari - Kovalam - Bengaluru road trip.

Total distance covered: 1832.6 KM
Diesel consumed: 125.33 L
Fuel efficiency: 14.62 KMPL

My December 2015 TUV3OO is still going strong with 47,300 on ODO.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:46   #3057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Returned from our Bengaluru - Rameswaram - Kanyakumari - Kovalam - Bengaluru road trip.

Total distance covered: 1832.6 KM
Diesel consumed: 125.33 L
Fuel efficiency: 14.62 KMPL

My December 2015 TUV3OO is still going strong with 47,300 on ODO.
My 2018 TUV 300 is somewhere around 41,300 Km now. It has been abused by me to lug around 8 passengers plus rooftop luggage on 800 Km round-trips multiple times; we gave up trying this once we got tired of the 3rd row, but my family still loves joint family trips. My heart says I should upgrade to a Bolero Neo Plus once it launches.

And we've taken multiple 1000 to 2000 Km trips with 4 on board. It's been great.

The lack of an automatic transmission in it has begun to rankle us though. My wife cannot drive stick shift and she has begun proposing train journeys now, instead of taking the TUV. She wants to drive as well and experience the joy of road trips from behind the wheel.

I'll be sorry to let this car go, if at all I decide to. It just feels so safe and solid for the family.

Last edited by locusjag : 7th October 2022 at 10:50.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 00:05   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Just to update this thread

Next month I will complete 5 years on my TUV300 T6+, while this month I will complete the small landmark of 90,000 km on the odometer. There have been a few niggles and the warranty / extended warranty has taken care of most of them. Original battery and tyres were replaced in the last 3 months (Mahindra ASC fitted an Amaron battery and I went for Yokohama Geolandar G015 A/T pattern tyres).

As of now, despite the MT being a bad idea for my 60-100 km daily driving, I really wanted to drive this vehicle for the full 5 years of its legal life left, but the NGT's lack of clear roadmap is making things even more difficult for BS-4 diesels as we go forward so clearly my second and last diesel vehicle ownership may not unfold as I thought it would. On the plus side, my running has increased to above 2,000 km a month so I am using the vehicle to its fullest with 95% of it for work.
architect is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 18:20   #3059
BHPian

Has anyone been able to open the panel above the rear tail lights. That area is a dirt magnet due to the gap - leaves, small branches and twigs keep falling inside due to outside parking. I had the service center open it once but didnt quite catch how this is opened. There seems to be a rubber button washer under the screw and the screw just keeps rotating. I tried all 6 screws, three on either side. Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20221227_180008.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20221227_180013.jpg
Old 29th December 2022, 17:13   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

We did a marathon 12.5 hour 700 Km trip from Kanyakumari beach to Chennai yesterday and my TUV's odometer stands at 44,700 Km now.

Its tyres are 5 years old now (manufactured in Dec 2017 by Apollo) and have surface level cracks on them. Try as i might, I wasn't able to get the tyre shop nearby to sell me new tyres; they're adamant that the current tyres can run safely for another 5000 Km at a minimum.

When I executed a U turn on this roadtrip of mine, I felt a bounce or wobble happening as the tyres completed rotations during the U turn. On the other hand, I don't feel a wobble/bounce when driving in a straight line; I have only felt this twice now whenever I've executed U turns. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the left front wheel's wheel-bearings.

But otherwise - the car is fit as a fiddle. It has taken us on multiple fun-filled roadtrips and we've created so many good memories with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Has anyone been able to open the panel above the rear tail lights. That area is a dirt magnet due to the gap - leaves, small branches and twigs keep falling inside due to outside parking.
Not only the area you've highlighted, even the brake-light housing up at the rear and along the roof's edge collects leaves and twigs inside the light's housing in my TUV.

I've never tried to find a solution for this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks