Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:38   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Booked a black T8 (manual) today. Will get the delivery on next Wednesday i.e. 9th December.
Congrats! that's quick delivery Did you have to pull strings? how did you jump the queue?
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:46   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Congrats! that's quick delivery Did you have to pull strings? how did you jump the queue?
I simply told the SA that I will buy only if he can deliver in a week, and he agreed.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:41   #363
BHPian

Congrats ntomer for the booking .

Well, I'm all set for my up-coming long drive on My RedBull. Trip to my home town (Sambhar Lake, Near Jaipur). Got roof top carrier installed.

I was looking for smart and sporty carrier in black finish. So after a long search. My hunt got over at Krishna Motors (Palm Beach Road, Vashi). Found MTek Carrier in black finish.

Model: MK 2776 - Carbon for Rs 5800 (with installation).

It does not look ugly as compared to other highted installed roof carrier and their color and design. This indeed look more sportier and big in size. I hope it serve my purpose and doesn't disappoint on longer run.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151201132421.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151201132537.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151201132453.jpg  

sandev is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 06:18   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Congrats ntomer for the booking .

Well, I'm all set for my up-coming long drive on My RedBull. Trip to my home town (Sambhar Lake, Near Jaipur). Got roof top carrier installed.

I was looking for smart and sporty carrier in black finish. So after a long search. My hunt got over at Krishna Motors (Palm Beach Road, Vashi). Found MTek Carrier in black finish.

It does not look ugly as compared to other highted installed roof carrier and their color and design. This indeed look more sportier and big in size. I hope it serve my purpose and doesn't disappoint on longer run.
Hey Sandeep, thanks. Carrier looks good.

I will be driving to Mumbai on 24th Dec. If I don't get a good carrier in Delhi, will get this one from Vashi. Btw, is this legal for personal vehicles?

Nitin
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:25   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked a black T8 (manual) today. Will get the delivery on next Wednesday i.e. 9th December.
Many congratulations ntomer and welcome to the growing TUV owner's club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Looking forward to your travelogue and wishing you a happy journey on your first real long drive in your TUV. I am sure you are going to enjoy this trip.

Quote:

Wonderful, looks quite sporty as well. The black matt finish perfectly matches with that of the roof rails. Also the roof rails are quite sturdy to hold this carrier. I have used the M-tek make side foot steps in my Innova and I can vouch for their quality. M-tek products are really very good though a bit costly than the competition.

Quote:
please let us know how does this hold up the luggage. Is it easy to dismantle it, keep it safely and use only once in a while when you embark on such long journeys?

Quote:
Btw, is this legal for personal vehicles? Nitin
Why did this doubt come to your mind? You can fit any type of luggage carrier on your personal vehicle and it is perfectly legal so long as you carrying your own luggage on it.
Old 4th December 2015, 12:04   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Captain Rex .. i have installed only Amplifier and 1300w Subwoofer (from my previous car - Fiat Linea - Sold at 143000 kms after 4yrs). The factory Audio set-up is now pretty good and i feel it doesn't require speaker upgrade.
Must add though that Fiat Linea served us well without any major hiccup. The car was still going strong without any rattles.
Here are a couple of pics for the guards.

Hi Nishant,

Can you please post the pictures of your AMP and Sub set up. I am planning to do that and same like you, I have retained it AMP and Sub from my older car to be installed in TUV.

I have a query to the forum -

I am planning to book a TUV T8 Automatic.

The car is currently with the dealer and standing in the yard. If i book it today, naturally I will get a 2015 manufactured car. I am planning to push the purchase few days ahead so that the car can be registered in 2016.

I want to know your inputs on how do I do this smoothly and I get the car in hand asap as I have sold me old car.

My Option is -

1) Book the car today, take the delivery in a week and get it registered as 2016 starts. (I'm not aware of legal complications of driving an unregistered car)

2) Wait to book around Christmas, and tell the dealer to register on 2nd or 3rd Jan and take the delivery after registration is done.

3) Wait for new stock to arrive manufactured in 2016.

Please let me know your views.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 4th December 2015 at 12:16.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:29   #367
BHPian

Hi All

So by reading official review and ownership reviews made my decision and today i have booked the Tank - T8 AMT Molten Orange at GSP Mahindra Gurgaon.

I have insisted for 2016 manufactured model and due to that tentative delivery date will be February First Week (i don't mind waiting).

Now wait is on.... !

Thanks
Vivek
Old 4th December 2015, 20:11   #368
Senior - BHPian

(My thoughts are in bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post

The car is currently with the dealer and standing in the yard. If i book it today, naturally I will get a 2015 manufactured car.

Are you sure about this? In Trivandrum, (Kerala) the wait period for the T8 EasyShift variant is 60-65 days.

1) Book the car today, take the delivery in a week and get it registered as 2016 starts. (I'm not aware of legal complications of driving an unregistered car)

Me neither, so no comments.

2) Wait to book around Christmas, and tell the dealer to register on 2nd or 3rd Jan and take the delivery after registration is done.

The car will be kept in the yard outdoors for another month, exposed to the elements.

Best option, IMO.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 09:11   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I have a query to the forum -

Please let me know your views.
It all depends, how eager/ desperate are you to get the new car. You can drive around an unregistered car for about a month. In case the traffic cops question you, you can show the registration tax paid receipt. I have been doing the same for past one month. Coming Monday, i.e. 7th Dec, it will be exactly one month since I brought the car from showroom. Hence have to get my number plate fixed today itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Hi All

So by reading official review and ownership reviews made my decision and today i have booked the Tank - T8 AMT Molten Orange at GSP Mahindra Gurgaon.

I have insisted for 2016 manufactured model and due to that tentative delivery date will be February First Week (i don't mind waiting).

Now wait is on.... !

Thanks
Vivek
Many congratulations Vivek on booking the T8 AMT Molten Orange . Your's would be the second Molten Orange after mine and the first Orange AMT on this forum. Could you please share with us the final on-road price and the price break-up?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 09:27   #370
BHPian

Thought of sharing.
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/12/a...-demand-205188
Old 7th December 2015, 12:58   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations Vivek on booking the T8 AMT Molten Orange . Your's would be the second Molten Orange after mine and the first Orange AMT on this forum. Could you please share with us the final on-road price and the price break-up?
The price they have quoted is as given below:

TUV 3OO T8 AMT

Ex-Showroom : 9,22,541/-
Registration/Road Tax : 81,903/-
Comprehensive Insurance : 34,672/-

Total On-Road : 1,039,116/-

Optional Options are:

Standard Accessories : 28,500 (Front & Rear guard, MAT, Seat Covers, Tracker)
Shield : 14,590/-
Road Side Assistance : 1953, 2917, 3932, 4997 (from 2nd year onwards)

Now guys let me know where I can save in all above mentioned costs like insurance etc?
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 09:53   #372
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, i.e. 7th Dec completed exactly one month with my Orange tank. It was on 7th Nov I brought it home. It has run 1450 kms during this one month (100% within the city). Unfortunately didn't get a chance to venture out on the highway for long drive. I Would like to summarize, the likes, dislikes, issues of the tank as below.

• Huge road presence. This is a head turner for sure, a second look is guaranteed
  • Amazing ride quality, pot holes, speed breakers, road/ bridge joints are dismissed like they never existed
  • Good Ground clearance, bottom scraping (what is that?)
  • Extraordinary cabin space within 4 metre restrictions
  • Very good OEM lamps (head lamps and fog lamps combo), no need for upgrade
  • The static bending lamps is my favourite feature of this car and it works like a charm
  • Tail lamps, rear fog lamps and the brake lamps are also very powerful. Keeps away the tailgaters
  • Humongous fuel tank of 60 litres. Combine this with a mileage of 15 kmpl+. Easily gives a touring range of 900kms+
Dislikes:
  • Very minor buzz/rattle coming from driver side door. When the window glass is completely rolled up, it gives a buzzing sound. Taking the glass 2-3mm down eliminates it.
  • Not sure if it is the brake grinding noise of something else, but after braking when I accelerate I get to hear this grinding noise, could it be the vacuum modulator sound?
  • There is lot of black brake dust getting deposited on the front alloys. Though this is common across all the cars, I am worried by the sheer amount of brake dust. Hope once the brakes bed in properly this should get reduced
  • If the car is runnnig and I press the handbrake (not lift it), but press it down there is some grating noise
  • The rear windshield should have been bigger. The spare wheel cover obstructs the view from the already smaller windshield and one has to be extra careful with tailgating two wheelers or low slung cars like old Zen or Esteem types
Overall a very satisfying one month of ownership and hope it continues to be so in the long run.

Enjoy the picture of the Orange tank

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4646.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 13:32   #373
BHPian

I remember when XUV was launched, the niggles thread built up pretty quick and it took some time for the product to stabilize. Compared to that I don't see many niggles coming through, at least not on the forum. Or may be it is too early to judge. But it does give some confidence seeing less or no major niggles being reported; And staying with that, I would be booking one by month end. Comes after being a bench sitter for Creta to S-cross, to Storme to Duster.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:02   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I remember when XUV was launched, the niggles thread built up pretty quick and it took some time for the product to stabilize. Compared to that I don't see many niggles coming through, at least not on the forum. Or may be it is too early to judge. But it does give some confidence seeing less or no major niggles being reported; And staying with that, I would be booking one by month end. Comes after being a bench sitter for Creta to S-cross, to Storme to Duster.
You are quite right ambujlal. From the various TUV ownership threads and the owner's posts in this official review thread, there doesn't seem to be any major issues faced by the TUV owners yet, barring the one faced by Silverknight, where his car struggled after reaching 100kmph. Fortunately root cause was not that major and replacing the Fuel delivery module resolved his problem for good. Further details on that in the separate thread that he started ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3850148

So far that was the only major issue. Besides that there are some minor irritants or issues like an odd buzz or a rattle, some members (like Titanium and Captain Rex) have also got the faulty vacuum modulator replaced, some door damping done to eliminate the odd rattling sound etc. However nothing major beyond that (touchwood). It seems M&M have applied all their learnings from XUV on this car and this should have helped them eliminate any major on-field issues. Though these are quite ealy days for the TUV, but so far it has been so good. As members put up more mileage, take some really long journeys, do the servicing we will come to know if M&M has really been successful in nailing down most of the issues before the launch of the car. Fingers tightly crossed
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 22:47   #375
BHPian

Got my car today. First drive was underwhelming. Deja vu of Tata Manza. Front passenger door rattles and speaker give phata hua spund. Fan screams badly. But the car is more drivable than MJDs in city.

I will be doing DEL-BOM-DEL soon in this car. That would give me a better idea about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks