Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2016, 23:13   #496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Here comes my Tank which all happened in 2 days flat.

ownership thread coming soon.

Armour kit is arriving shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-10245483_10208541748961026_7172574148871674033_n.jpg  

SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 23:41   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Have told the dealer that we will wait for a TD of the XUV AT and then decide.
Does anyone know if the TUV AMT gearbox is using technology from SsangYong like the XUV AT?
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:31   #498
BHPian

My very first post on this forum. Am a proud owner of a brand new tank - a white one - took delivery of the car today. I would like to thank Tushar, AutoIndian and Captain

Rex the most (plus a lot many more on this forum) for their valuable reviews and inputs, that played a vital role in helping me select the TUV300 - or should I say in

the TUV300 selecting me.

Having owned a first generation Ford Figo (P) Titanium for over 5 years, the TUV300 is quite an elevation (no pun intended). Took the car out on a 25 kms drive post taking delivery - a 10 kms drive during day time post fueling and 15 kms at night - with the intention of getting a hang of both day and night driving. The DTE post full tank fueling read 755kms (so FE of roughly around 12.58KMs/L) not bad considering most experts on this forum have quoted a similar figure. Some early observations:
1. The bumps and humps are handled smoothly at high speeds by the tank. While there is a visible body roll at lower speeds, nothing that concerned us - we were 4 adults travelling.
2. Drove the car at a max speed of 80kmph with the RPM around 2500. Intend to keep it that way until the first service.
3. Steering felt heavy but I think one will get used to it soon. Another observation was that the steering balance needs correction - drifts to the left - this is something i will have to get it fixed at the time of first servicing.
4. Driver side door needs to be slammed to shut - did not observe that on the other doors.
5. Loved the static turning lamps - a useful feature for every twist and turn at night.
6. While I am yet to do a speed stress test, feel the tank should handle the highway extremely well.
7. Good interiors, feel the TUV is second to only the XUV in this area as far as M&M vehicles are concerned.
8. The a/c at fan speed one is good enough to cool the cabin - summers should tell us how good the a/c unit is. As mentioned by some as part of their observations, the a/c fan speed fluctuates at fan speeds over 2 and above. Not sure if there is a fix to it. Will refer it to M&M during my servicing.
9. Like the ESS feature - used it extensively while driving through the traffic dense Whitefield. At one signal while the engine was off, I erred by depressing the clutch and immediately shifting the gear from neutral to first without allowing the ESS to start the engine sending the vehicle to one massive shudder - lesson learnt. I intend to continue using this feature in the city. Also like the fact that my BT audio does not go into a restart mode (as was the case in my Figo - which had a 40-50 sec delay before the music started) - so for me the ESS is a superb feature.
10. Yet to test the ECO mode - did not have the guts to test it - based on what I've read on this forum. Will save this for another day.
11. Loved the piano colored audio unit and the dual colored Dash - gives it a premium look.
12. While am in love with the centrally located power window button and the convenience of access it provides to all passengers in the first and second row, while driving one tends to by default search for the buttons on the door. Will take getting used to it being located on the center.
13. The TUV is a head turner and stands out at traffic junctions - loved its street presence and the fact that others give way to tank when you flash your headlamps.

Overall am in love with the car, planning to go on a trip to Mysore sometime next week to test the TUV on the highways.
BattleTank is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 07:57   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Does anyone know if the TUV AMT gearbox is using technology from SsangYong like the XUV AT?
Both the gear boxes are different, the AMT gear box is developed by M&M with technical assistance from Ricardo. XUV AT's gearbox is supplied by Aisin, Japan.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:33   #500
BHPian

Did a 750kms drive from Mumbai to Udaipur, car performed very well. First service had been done so I drove it a bit harder and didn't feel any reluctance to go upto 120.

But the real revealation was Udaipur town. My hotel is bang at Lake Pichola. Those familiar with Udaipur will know about serpentine roads and steep ascents. I have driven a Manza diesel for 5 years - 1.15L KMS, and turbo-lag was always a huge problem in such situations. Not with TUV. I was able to stop at pretty steep ascents and then restart without any drama whatsoever.
ntomer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:24   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Here comes my Tank which all happened in 2 days flat.

ownership thread coming soon.

Armour kit is arriving shortly.
Congrats mate on your White tank. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Till the time your thread becomes public please keep posting here. How much did the armour kit cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
My very first post on this forum. Am a proud owner of a brand new tank - a white one - took delivery of the car today. I would like to thank Tushar, AutoIndian and Captain Rex the most (plus a lot many more on this forum) for their valuable reviews and inputs, that played a vital role in helping me select the TUV300 - or should I say in the TUV300 selecting me.
Welcome to TBHP and many congrats BattleTank, on getting your white tank. By the way nice handle, very apt for your ride. Good to know that our posts have been useful for you in making your car selection. But where are the pictures. Do post a lot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Both the gear boxes are different, the AMT gear box is developed by M&M with technical assistance from Ricardo. XUV AT's gearbox is supplied by Aisin, Japan.
Thanks for that info MaxTorque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Did a 750kms drive from Mumbai to Udaipur, car performed very well. First service had been done so I drove it a bit harder and didn't feel any reluctance to go upto 120.
Fantastic update there ntomer. Do share the pictures of your drive. I had done the Pune-Mumbai-Udaipur-Delhi trip 5 years back in my Indica. Would love to do the same in my TUV now.

Quote:
But the real revealation was Udaipur town. My hotel is bang at Lake Pichola. Those familiar with Udaipur will know about serpentine roads and steep ascents. I have driven a Manza diesel for 5 years - 1.15L KMS, and turbo-lag was always a huge problem in such situations. Not with TUV. I was able to stop at pretty steep ascents and then restart without any drama whatsoever.
That is biggest advantage of this car. Ample low end torque and one of the primary reasons for me choosing the TUV. three days back when I climbed the Varandha ghat (one of the deadliest in Konkan region) with 6 adults and 2 kids, I used only second and third gear and the climb was very effortless. Rear wheel drive and good low end torque are the biggest pluses of this car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:13   #502
BHPian

Tomorrow will be the final leg of my drive - Udaipur to Delhi. Total distance travelled on this drive is 3200 kms, and TUV didn't disappoint me at all.

My decision to buy it had been rather twisted. I had almost made up my mind for Audi A4, when I resumed birding; went to coup!e of places with my birding group and realized that I need a SUV to go to birding spots.

The choice was between a Fortuner or a cheaper SUV and a sedan. Crossovers like XUV were never in reckoning. I am a firm believer in horses for courses philosophy. So was planning for a Scorpio.

Then one day while driving to work, saw a red SUV, liked the way it looked so chased it. Found it was the touted Bolero replacement, TUV300. Immediately read TBHP's review, liked it even more. Went to Koncept, Noida; test-drove it, liked and booked, and got the delivery in a week.

I am loving it so far. And in the process, might have saved some money as well. Manza is still in a pretty good shape; so with it and TUV, I might hold off the sedan purchase for the time being

Last edited by ntomer : 2nd January 2016 at 19:14.
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:35   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congrats mate on your White tank. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Till the time your thread becomes public please keep posting here. How much did the armour kit cost you?

Sure will keep the thread updated:

Coming to Armour Kit, i was not happy to get the holes drilled on the body for Fixing Fender Flares, hence only ordered the below from my Friend(Mahindra sells the complete KIT where i was let down to buy from out side dealer.

Spoiler, Front and Rear Bumper Diffuser, Roof Marking Lights And Front Bumper Protector(16,000 INR).
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:41   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Welcome to TBHP and many congrats BattleTank, on getting your white tank. By the way nice handle, very apt for your ride. Good to know that our posts have been useful for you in making your car selection. But where are the pictures. Do post a lot of them..
Thank you AutoIndian for the welcome. here are the snaps of the white tank. A question - am told the spare wheel is not alloy, any reasons for this?

Also am in the discovery mode at this point in time trying to understand any and all features the tank offers. I like the intermittent wiping mode where one can set a desired time gap (between 1 to 60 secs) at the which the wiper flicks can be programmed. a wonderful feature to have. The instructions can be found on page number 8-17 under topic 8.11.4 Intermittent (INT) Mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_1244.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_1247.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_1252.jpg  

BattleTank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 21:03   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Here comes my Tank
Quote:
proud owner of a brand new tank
Its raining tanks on BHP. Enjoy the ride & drive safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I am loving it so far
Good to see you enjoying the ride and not letting initial hiccups mar your experience. Do keep updating this thread on your experiences with the tank.
Question - kitna deti hai?
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:50   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Question - kitna deti hai?
~16. But I am a careful driver who managed to get 14 from Getz, 12 from Gypsy and 11 from Civic...
ntomer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 00:48   #507
BHPian

Quote:
A question - am told the spare wheel is not alloy, any reasons for this?
She is a beauty. Congrats.

Only if the spare wheel was Alloy, I would have removed the cover to make it look like a hardcore SUV.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:50   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
mahindra has increased price of TUV
Revised price will be out on Jan 5th according to my SA
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:55   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Revised price will be out on Jan 5th according to my SA
I have paid the entire amount before 31st Dec to avoid paying extra. Taking the delivery by coming weekend.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 3rd January 2016 at 14:57.
Old 4th January 2016, 11:37   #510
BHPian

Yesterday I was driving from Udaipur to Delhi. Before Bhim, the road narrows down to 2-lanes but is excellent and not much traffic. I was doing a comfortable 100 when suddenly a dog who was on the shoulder of road, facing away from road turned and made a dash. I immediately braked (after checking that there was no one behind) and speed came down to 70 before I hit it, with a loud thud.

The first thought was whether the air-bags would inflate. They didn't. Surprisingly even dog seemed alright, I saw it getting on it's feet and crossing the road to the other ride in RVM. I stopped the car and checked it's front, no damage.

Left me perplexed...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks