Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 17:03   #526
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Thanks for info. I would say its a marginal increase but my dealer has quoted around 37000 for Insurance. How can I save... Can i opt for external insurance?
My insurance premium is 37551 for T8 AMT prior to rate increase. This is with ICICI LOmbard and zero dep.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 19:42   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Thanks for info. I would say its a marginal increase but my dealer has quoted around 37000 for Insurance. How can I save... Can i opt for external insurance?
please do opt for external insurance. Always cheaper and you can tailor it such that it has the add ons that you want to pay for. I have got a quote of 22K from Bajaj for Zero dep insurance with no other add ons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
My insurance premium is 37551 for T8 AMT prior to rate increase. This is with ICICI LOmbard and zero dep.
ICICI is ripping you. When I spoke to them, they were offering me 28K for a T8 which includes Zero Dep. Please check the quote and inclusions and ensure that they are not including other add ons like engine protection, driver insurance etc.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 21:06   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
they are not including other add ons like engine protection, driver insurance etc.
Is there any reason for insisting exclusion of these add ons?
Old 7th January 2016, 21:52   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
ICICI is ripping you. When I spoke to them, they were offering me 28K for a T8 which includes Zero Dep. Please check the quote and inclusions and ensure that they are not including other add ons like engine protection, driver insurance etc.
Surely, but the dealers don't budge and keep adding the add-ons that you have mentioned. Also, AMT is about 90k more expensive. So the AMT premium will be more than MT.
Old 7th January 2016, 22:30   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Voice View Post
Is there any reason for insisting exclusion of these add ons?
Driver insurance is for cars which are chauffeur driven. If yours is, then sure do include it and pay the premium. Similarly engine protection is not a mandatory when you have 100K km of warranty for your car. Hydrostatic lock protection - needed if you plan to do do some river fording or live in areas where rains tend to turn roads into rivers. With a car like TUV, I really don’t think you need it (assuming that the intake is placed high unlike the amaze where specific batches had a lot of hydro locked engines due to air intake placement). Consumable cover - not even sure what this is! Road side assistance - again this is only for a 50 km radius and the rest you need to pay. IMHO I think Zero Dep is the only add on that makes sense especially as the age of the car increases. The rest is good to have but not mandatory.

Quote:
Surely, but the dealers don't budge
Get independent quotes from Bajaj, ICICI and ask the dealer why he is quoting high. If your dealer is adamant that you have to take insurance from him, then write to Mahindra as dealers in Bangalore do not insist on this. And 80K difference in Ex showroom price should probably result in 3-4K increase in premium.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 09:59   #531
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone of you have used the "With You Hamesha" app for booking your service? Yesterday, I received a sms from Mahindra to download the "With You Hamesha" app to book the service. After I installed the With You Hamesha app, it asked me to register with my e-mail id and the chassis #. For the registration, it sent me a 4 digit activation code to my e-mail id, which I had to enter into the app. It then confirmed my registration. Post registration it then started updating the all India dealer details, took couple of minutes for that. However it seems the dealer data did not get uploaded completely.

After entering all the relevant data, when I am hitting the "Make an appointment" button, it is giving me an error, "Sorry unable to book service now. Please try again later". Have tried it at least 5 times, but not succeeded yet. Have given a feedback that the app is very disappointing as I could not book my first service though it despite of multiple attempts.. Though of checking it here if anyone has been successful.
Old 8th January 2016, 14:55   #532

Hi guys,

Just finished an 1800 kms Bangalore-Chennai-Trichy-Palani-Trichy-Chennai-Bangalore trip in the tank. It was wonderful. Some of the stretches around Trichy and Palani were completely rural roads and the tank handled it with total ease. For most of this trip I had 5 people (including me) alongwith several large bags in the boot. In one instance even had an adult passenger in the last row seat for about 200 kms. Although they were slightly cramped, but I guess for if you really need it then someone can sit in that last seat for long stretches.

Before this trip my odometer had just around 200 kms considering my daily commute is only about 5 kms, but now the odometer is at 2000+ kms. And this within a month of purchasing the vehicle! For the first 1000 kms I didn't cross 90-100 kmph. While on the return leg drove around 100-110 kmph. Didn't really face problems in the automatic with overtaking etc though initially it felt slightly slow waiting for the car to upshift after encountering traffic or a pothole etc. After a few times it was happening naturally without me having to consciously think about it. I think that was just me getting used to the automatic more than anything else.

On slight concern I had was that on the way back I noticed that on the underside from the front, the rubber cladding (or protection) seemed to slightly bent under the driver side, more than the co-passenger side. It was slightly drooping on the driver side. Will update this post with a pic later today evening. I bent down and checked if something had hit etc. There was nothing. In fact there was no damage it to and it felt totally solid. So not sure if something happened during the trip or if it was there before. The only reason I noticed it was I had parked the car in my uncle's farmhouse and was sitting right in front of it on a low chair and sipping tea when I noticed the droop. Anyway will get it checked out. If anyone has faced this, please do share your experience. Will post photos. Thanks!

Last edited by Thanos : 8th January 2016 at 15:24. Reason: Incomplete post
Thanos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 16:46   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Hi guys, Just finished an 1800 kms Bangalore-Chennai-Trichy-Palani-Trichy-Chennai-Bangalore trip in the tank. It was wonderful. Some of the stretches around Trichy and Palani were completely rural roads and the tank handled it with total ease. For most of this trip I had 5 people (including me) alongwith several large bags in the boot. In one instance even had an adult passenger in the last row seat for about 200 kms. Although they were slightly cramped, but I guess for if you really need it then someone can sit in that last seat for long stretches.
Many congratulations on successfully completing the maiden trip in your TUV. Good to know that it performed well all throughout. Please share pictures of your TUV taken during the trip.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:04   #534
BHPian

The Chase-

I own a 7.5 yr 145k on the odo Swift VDI and have been thinking of changing my wheels. One of the wheels am looking at is the TUV. Have a heard a lot about how this 3 potter looses steam at 100+.
I would like to say, on the evening of 30th December - I was driving from Hassan to Bengaluru when I spotted a Silver TUV. That section is a superb 4 lane rd & I thought this is a good chance to check if I can catch the TUV. Man - there were sweat beads on my nose & my car's needle was on 120, but I couldn't catch the TUV. So either it really can run fast or my speedo is faulty!

Now it is a stronger contender in my list. Hopefully I will find time for a TD tomorrow.
kartikoak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:26   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
The Chase-

I own a 7.5 yr 145k on the odo Swift VDI and have been thinking of changing my wheels. One of the wheels am looking at is the TUV. Have a heard a lot about how this 3 potter looses steam at 100+.
I would like to say, on the evening of 30th December - I was driving from Hassan to Bengaluru when I spotted a Silver TUV. That section is a superb 4 lane rd & I thought this is a good chance to check if I can catch the TUV. Man - there were sweat beads on my nose & my car's needle was on 120, but I couldn't catch the TUV. So either it really can run fast or my speedo is faulty!

Now it is a stronger contender in my list. Hopefully I will find time for a TD tomorrow.
Most car speedos have around +(5 - 10) kmph error implying they show 5 to 10 kmph more than the actual speed.

TUV will reach reach speeds in excess of 100 kmph. The question is how long it takes to get there and how much reserve power it has at those speeds.
Old 8th January 2016, 17:51   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
After entering all the relevant data, when I am hitting the "Make an appointment" button, it is giving me an error, "Sorry unable to book service now. Please try again later". Have tried it at least 5 times, but not succeeded yet. Have given a feedback that the app is very disappointing as I could not book my first service though it despite of multiple attempts.. Though of checking it here if anyone has been successful.
I must say I am mighty impressed with Mahindra's customer feedback mechanism and the way in which they follow-up to address the feedback . As I mentioned in my earlier post above, today morning I was unsuccessful in booking the first service appointment through the "With you Hamesha app" and had given a "one star" (disappointing) rating in the app, with the reason there-in. In the afternoon I got two calls from their Customer care, but since I was busy I could not attend to those calls. Just now in the evening I again got a call (kudos for consistent follow-up ), fortunately I could pick it up and the person at the other end mentioned that he was calling me regarding my disappointing feedback for "With you Hamesha app". He mentioned that he will forward the complaint to the necessary dept. He also mentioned that he will take a booking for my service appointment at the dealer nearest to my house and will send me a confirmation.

Hope they can fix the bug in the app and get the service appointment for me at the said date/time and my preferred service center.

Such small things go a long way in building the customer confidence in the brand, the product and the company as a whole, well done Mahindra
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 11:47   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Great , looking forward to the pictures

Is this recall limited to any particular batch of TUV? I haven't received any such call till date (mine is Oct'15 end manufactured car). However if time permits I will try to call my service centre and inquire with the Service Head over there. Request you to get the details of the other part and update here (with pictures) post your work on Sunday.

I had gone to the workshop yesterday and the part they put was the Vacuum Resonator (below image shows the part replaced).
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-picsart_011111.44.12.jpg
The technician told me earlier on call that there were 2 parts which need to be corrected but since they did not mention the second part anywhere, I asked him about that. He told me that the second part was the Modulator and it need not be changed in my vehicle as it wasn't causing any problem. He told me that in case the modulator is faulty, I would get a hushing noise as soon as I release the clutch while starting to move the vehicle from a stationary position.
rohit_11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 09:25   #538
BHPian

Quote:
If the speakers are not of good quality, it will not solve the problem by dampening. I am taking the delivery today. Will open the speakers and check what make they are. That's the first task on my list. I just cannot live with bad sounding music and I have no hopes from the existing setup.
So what is your judgment about the speakers?
Old 13th January 2016, 10:49   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
So what is your judgment about the speakers?
Here's my take on the music system.

The speakers are just fine if you listen to old Hindi/English classics. The speakers are no match to today's Hindi Dance or English chart busters as they lack clarity and bass. But this system is much better than what Tatas are offering in their new cars.

I am of the opinion that instead of changing the existing speakers, an amp should be added. Also, dash tweeters will add to the clarity of the music which the OEM speakers lack. I might add a sub woofer as we have a plenty of boot space and I am a bass lover.
Old 13th January 2016, 10:57   #540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But this system is much better than what Tatas are offering in their new cars.
Are you referring to the Harman systems used in the Bolt, Zest and Zica?

Most Viewed