Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 13:12   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
At some other occasions I had to take car again and again to workshop to get same issue fixed. I gave 0 rating during feedback from Mahindra and no action. Wrote 2 emails to customer care still no response, then finally had to thrash them on email and call then they started responding. Still waiting for concrete response from Mahindra on these recalls and pathetic after sales service.
Sad to hear that you had to take the car to MASS multiple times to fix the same issue. While I am mentally prepared to deal with niggles & issues from the car, I was hoping that folks at service center and customer care will respond. Will have to wait and see if this is an isolated experience or if this is the case across MASS. I know that M&M ASS is not as great as Maruti ASS but I think its also got to do with the rapport you build with the service folks. I plan to befriend a couple of them and ensure that they are the ones who attend to my car when I go in for a service/issue.
Old 15th January 2016, 17:14   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Car towed to workshop. For some reason it is not upshifting beyond the 2nd gear in both automatic and manual. Also the check engine light was on. Called RSA and got it towed. Most probably will hear back from workshop tomorrow only.
UPDATE: Got the car back. This was caused by rats! Rats chewed up wiring behind the battery. I still am wondering how this happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Apparently this problem is more common than atleast I was aware of. Anyway, MASS has fixed the wiring. As this wasn't covered under waranty, ended up paying Rs. 580. Didn't face any problems on the drive back. They've also changed the resonator since for my car they had an alert from Mahindra to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Sad to know this. Looks like the faulty vacuum modulator is the culprit. If it is, I am going straight to the workshop to get it replaced and won't wait for a breakdown on road. How many kilometers have you driven the car ?
Thanks. Had driven just over 2000 kms.

Quote:
TUV owners, so far there are 3 recalls from Mahindra

1. Vacuum Modulator- If you are getting hushing noise on releasing clutch
2. Resonator- If engine check light is continuously shown
3. Fuel Jet- If car loses power on going above 2nd gear and check engine light is shown
Thanks for sharing this. The service engineer didn't mention a problem with the fuel jet. As far as I know only the resonator has been changed since he said he got the alert to replace it as soon as he connected my car to their diagnostic system. Will give them a call tomorrow to find out if anything else needs replacing.

Must say, Mahindra seemed to have waited for people to bring in their car to get the resonator (atleast) changed instead of reaching out to customers on their own. That's disappointing.
Thanos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 18:52   #558
BHPian

I took delivery of my TUV300 (T8 Manual Shift) on 05.11.2015. The hushing sound started while release of the clutch within the first 15 days. As I had to take a longer drive from Mumbai to Goa I sent my car for a look over including the hushing sound. During this visit to the service centre (NBS International,Raey Road) they changed the Resonator and cleared my vehicle for the long trip. The sound had stopped and the car was running just fine.

I started my journey to Goa on 04.12.2015 at 6.30 am taking the route Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Chorla Ghat-Bicholim-Porvorim. At around 5 PM as I entered the Belgaum City , the acceleration gave way and the Engine Warning Light came ON.I had driven 503 Km since morning and in another 2 hours I would have reach home.

I called up the service tech in Mumbai, he asked me to call up their centralised call centre (Gurgaon). A girl came on and took all details and told me that I will receive a call from Road Side Assistance within 15 minutes.Nobody called me for 30 minutes. I took charge of the situation and located the Belgaum M&M dealer.I was tired , with my family and dusk had started to set in.

The Belgaum Dealer (Kartik Shah) was very good, inspite of no instruction from the central command he sent his technician with a lap Top. He checked and we took the car to their workshop. After an hour I was told that the Mahindra Engineers have asked them to check the Fuel Injection Unit (Located near the fuel tank). They were asked to replace the part and test run the vehicle for atleast 100 km before handing over to me.I was very upset that such a thing had happened in a brand new car.

I took a decision to leave the vehicle in Belgaum and took a taxi to Goa right away. At around 9.30 pm when I had crossed the Chorla Ghat, I received a call from Gurgaon saying that they were the Roadside Assistance department.He told me that they are sorry and I will receive a mail from them next morning giving a complete report on my car. I was absolutely angry, If I had waited for them I would have been left on the road with my family for many more hours. I also though that it was my luck that the car failed in Belgaum City. In another half an hour I would have been in the ghats with no support , not even in Mobile range.Nobody bothered to send me a mail for what had happened, nor a call . If this is M&M product and service, we consumers are taken for granted. I feel the 1st 3000 customers should receive a Guinea Pig allowance and free service for life.

I suggest all owners should get the Resonator and the Fuel Injecting unit replaced immediately. Secondly, before taking a long drive check and take contact details of M&M service centres along the way as a precaution.

The fuel injection unit fault has nothing to do with the transmission (Manual or AMT). I feel it fails after it is pushed for a long time. Short city drives may not be a problem.
Sirvoicar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 19:39   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
I suggest all owners should get the Resonator and the Fuel Injecting unit replaced immediately. Secondly, before taking a long drive check and take contact details of M&M service centres along the way as a precaution
Thanks for that info Sirvoicar. Will push for this before taking delivery of my tank. Hoping that this is the last of the parts that need to be replaced else will always be worried about tanking the tank on long road trips
Old 15th January 2016, 19:56   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar
At around 9.30 pm when I had crossed the Chorla Ghat, I received a call from Gurgaon saying that they were the Roadside Assistance department.He told me that they are sorry and I will receive a mail from them next morning giving a complete report on my car. I was absolutely angry, If I had waited for them I would have been left on the road with my family for many more hours. I also though that it was my luck that the car failed in Belgaum City. In another half an hour I would have been in the ghats with no support , not even in Mobile range.Nobody bothered to send me a mail for what had happened, nor a call . If this is M&M product and service, we consumers are taken for granted.
This is an absolute shame! M&M folks seem to have become too thick skinned. Another tank owner Titanium was also left stranded by Mahindra's roadside assistance.
I hope they learn their lessons fast!
Old 15th January 2016, 22:10   #561
BHPian

Quote:
AutoIndian- Unfortunately I had all 3 issues. .......

I totally love TUV and was mentally prepared before buying to have some tough time with Mahindra on after sales front but it turned out to be worse.
It sucks to have a vehicle that has so many issues. Pity because I really thought this was the one for me.

Perhaps I'll just have to wait until Mahindra sorts out all the initial niggles and wait for Ver2.

Do members recall a new launch with so many teething problems? Or am I overreacting?
Old 16th January 2016, 00:05   #562
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-reasonator.jpg

Got the resonator fitted today. The total time I spent at the workshop was about 1.5 hours. The actual job time was about 5 mins.

I happened to speak to the regional manager about the fuel delivery issue. She told me not to worry and the engineer will do a complete check. While the engineer was working on resonator, i asked him sternly what are the chances of car stalling due to fuel supply problem. He told my car was showing the recall for resonator and not for fuel injector and so i shouldn't worry about it. He said he has personally changed the fuel delivery module of the cars which showed a pop up on their screen that it needed to be changed. No such warning against my car.

So the bottom line is my worry is left unanswered and I am in a dilemma if I should do my planned 2k kms trip which is just 7 days away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
UPDATE: Got the car back. This was caused by rats! Rats chewed up wiring behind the battery.
That's some relief to know. Until I read another incident which is below. Do search for a thread on team-bhp on how to protect your car from rats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
I started my journey to Goa on 04.12.2015 at 6.30 am taking the route Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Chorla Ghat-Bicholim-Porvorim. At around 5 PM as I entered the Belgaum City , the acceleration gave way and the Engine Warning Light came ON.I had driven 503 Km since morning and in another 2 hours I would have reach home.

I suggest all owners should get the Resonator and the Fuel Injecting unit replaced immediately. Secondly, before taking a long drive check and take contact details of M&M service centres along the way as a precaution.

The fuel injection unit fault has nothing to do with the transmission (Manual or AMT). I feel it fails after it is pushed for a long time. Short city drives may not be a problem.
They will not change it unless your car breaks down as they cannot attend to anything which is working normally and the pop up of a recall does not show on their screen when they punch in your car number in you system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thanks for that info Sirvoicar. Will push for this before taking delivery of my tank. Hoping that this is the last of the parts that need to be replaced else will always be worried about tanking the tank on long road trips
I don't think your pushing will help, if it does, let me know what strings you pulled. I will try again.

For now I am a worried man keeping fingers crossed.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 01:15   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Got the resonator fitted today
Any idea of its function and how it affects performance?
Quote:
They will not change it unless your car breaks down as they cannot attend to anything which is working normally
That means all I can do is ask them to check. Will ensure that they do it before me so that I dont suffer later.
Quote:
For now I am a worried man keeping fingers crossed.
Understand the way you feel. Now even I am a little apprehensive about taking the tank on 500+ km drives. Will need to take it slow and steady
Old 16th January 2016, 07:53   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Understand the way you feel. Now even I am a little apprehensive about taking the tank on 500+ km drives. Will need to take it slow and steady
It seems only few people like Sandeep are lucky with their TUVs who did not face any problems on their maiden long trips. Folks like Sirvoicar, Shashant, Silver knight were not that lucky and faced the fuel delivery module issue, which is nothing but poor design or manufacturing defect. Titanium too faced an issue, that of the turbo hose coming loose, but that was more of a workmanship issue. Since I am going for my car's first scheduled service today, I am going to take this opportunity to talk to the MASS service head (have taken his contacts from Silver knight). Will discuss on all the above issues and question why Mahindra is adopting a wait and watch strategy, why are they not pro actively going for recall. Or are they too busy with the KUV launch?
Old 16th January 2016, 08:07   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Since I am going for my car's first scheduled service today, I am going to take this opportunity to talk to the MASS service head (have taken his contacts from Silver knight). Will discuss on all the above issues and question why Mahindra is adopting a wait and watch strategy, why are they not pro actively going for recall.
Maybe we all should come together and put some pressure and get the problem fixed. Mahindra does not seem interested in proactively sorting this problem. I will wait for you to update.
Old 16th January 2016, 08:31   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
why Mahindra is adopting a wait and watch strategy, why are they not pro actively going for recall.
It could be because the problem is limited to a small batch of TUV and hence does not warrant a full fledged recall. Or it could be the lethargy of the ASS - they just dont want to reach out. Hence they are waiting for customers to come in for their 1st service to fix things if required.
Quote:
Or are they too busy with the KUV launch?
If this is the reason, then its total bullshit! Senior folks in M&M who understand customer satisfaction would not logically agree to this. But in India there is always a large gap between in principle agreement & on the ground execution
Old 16th January 2016, 10:31   #567
Senior - BHPian

Right now I am at the Kundan Motors service centre in Chinchwad. Job card has been prepared. Took a longish test drive with the service advisor. Mentioned to him the below issues and he acknowledged them.
1. Both front doors minor rattling/buzzing noise.
2. Vehicle not getting started sometimes even if key turned on completely.
3. Minor "grmmm" noise when releasing clutch pedal.
4. When car is running, pressing the handbrake lever causes "grmmm" sound.

The SA checked in their system and informed me that my car is from the batch wherein two parts have to be replaced.

1. Vacuum Modulator and
2. Fuel Delivery Module(FDM)

For FDM replacement, it seems they have to open the tank, which will take time. Hence committed delivery time is 5pm (which I was not expecting).

The consumables estimate:
Engine oil
Oil filter
Drain plug washer
+ Taxes
Totalling Rs2200/- approx.

Waiting for the service head to be in. Will meet him and give further updates.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 11:54   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The SA checked in their system and informed me that my car is from the batch wherein two parts have to be replaced.
1. Vacuum Modulator and
2. Fuel Delivery Module(FDM)
Thanks for that Autoindian. This means I have to add this to my PDI list.

Went for a quick look see of the KUV 100 - first impressions posted here and received my TUV's chassis number - G6AXXXXX. Will be doing the PDI tomorrow.

As per Wildon's thread on VIN decoding:
G = Year of manufacturing = 2016
A = Month of manufacturing = Jan
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:44   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that Autoindian. This means I have to add this to my PDI list.

Went for a quick look see of the KUV 100 - first impressions posted here and received my TUV's chassis number - G6AXXXXX. Will be doing the PDI tomorrow.

As per Wildon's thread on VIN decoding:
G = Year of manufacturing = 2016
A = Month of manufacturing = Jan
Since your car is Jan 2016 manufactured it should come with the improvised Vacuum Modulator and FDM factory fitted. However no harm in including in your PDI checklist and getting it checked with Customer Care or dealership.

I met the Service Head at the MASS and had a lengthy discussion with him for almost half an hour. He is a very nice, gentle speaking young lad. The first question I threw at him was why Mahindra is not doing a voluntary recall to replace these faulty parts. Got some interesting piece of info from him. He told that there are three types of recall:
1. Red recall
2. Blue recall and
3. Green recall.

As the name indicates the red recall is for serious issues/parts which would jeopardize the safety of occupants. The example he gave was that of the XUV power steering hose failure. This would result in leakage of PS fluid, jamming the steering and ultimately loss of control. Hence there was a mandatory recall for XUVs PS hose replacement.

Green recalls are for those items, which don't jeopardize safety but result in below par performance of the car. These parts replaced during the regular scheduled services, there is no need of separate recall. The current TUV parts being replaced are a part of such green recall.

Blue recall is for parts, which don't jeopardize safety or performance, but have to be replaced nevertheless as they are faulty. However these are replaced only upon failure.

Another important bit of info I got was on the RSA. Mahindra has tied up with Bajaj Allianz and one more Insurance provider for RSA. XUV and TUV customers don't have to pay a dime for availing the RSA service as Mahindra directly settles the payment of these service providers.

The guy also gave me a print out of the RO (Repair Order), which is an internal Mahindra document. It has the details of Demanded Repairs, Labor/Part Details, Maintenance Schedule/Checklist etc. He mentioned that he will call me when the FDM is being replaced so that I can see it by myself. If I cannot come he will take the pictures and share with me. Waiting for the call. Will share further details once I collect my Orange Tank.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 13:29   #570
BHPian

Autoindian, many thanks for this detailed update right when you are sitting there.

Now my TUV does not show a recall for FDM. Does this mean mine won't break down because of this? Or do I still get the system checked? In such a scenario I am helpless as the technician is not willing to touch the FDM without the recall mention on their system.

I'll be really grateful if you discuss the case such as mine and update if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks