Team-BHP - Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/169658-mahindra-tuv300-official-review-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER (Post 3913976)
I received a call yesterday and i got it flashed today morning.Took around 15 mins of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit_11 (Post 3914655)
I had gone for the first service yesterday and post the service the SA informed me that the ECU has been flashed. Mine is a Nov'15 manufactured MT.

Thanks for sharing this. I also saw a couple of posts on the facebook TUV group mentioning the ECU flash for Nov manufactured TUVs. I got the first service done on 13th and my ECU was not flashed. Need to check with my SA if I need to get my ECU flashed.
Quote:

I have been facing an intermittent problem of a strange sound coming from the engine (a loud tempo like sound) and the engine loosing power at that time.
I did face this problem a couple of times but there was no loss of power. It was just that the engine sounded like that of a tempo traveler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit_11 (Post 3914655)
I have been facing an intermittent problem of a strange sound coming from the engine (a loud tempo like sound) and the engine loosing power at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3914694)

I did faced this problem a couple of times but there was no loss of power. It was just that the engine sounded like that of a tempo traveler.

I too faced this issue couple of times and in my case no Power loss.

Had a discussion with the service adviser from Sireesh during first service about the noise they checked for warning/error codes by connecting the computer, but nothing was captured in it. Later time when the vehicle was ready after service i was informed that due to Vacuum modulator recall which was not done till first service might be the culprit/ i heard the noise from another vehicle. :Frustrati

Last week i heard similar noise, what i did was immediately recorded the engine noise lol: and had a discussion with the service adviser & Manager together and were completely confused. They had no clue from where noise was coming and asked me a day time to check, post that they spoke with Mahindra Team and they confirmed that ECU flashing would solve the issue. They were re-calling only few models phase by phase.

The Service Manager & Adviser called me on Monday with an apology what happened earlier and confirmed me that ECU flash would solve the engine sound.

i would keep a close watch on the noise once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3914694)
I did face this problem a couple of times but there was no loss of power. It was just that the engine sounded like that of a tempo traveler.

I had the same problem of extra noise from the engine but no loss of power. Every time it happened during evening while returning from the office :Frustrati

On 6 Feb, I went to Sireesh Auto service centre and they replaced the Vacuum Resonator. After that there is no audible noise (inside the cabin), but I still feel that for few kilometres, noise is little more in my evening return trip than my morning trip to office. My apartment parking is in the stilt floor, while my office parking is in the basement and I will have to check if that 50 feet ramp at 20 degree has got any relationships.

My tank sounds like a tempo traveler every morning and evening for first few minutes/kms. :) I have started to believe that the sound is normal till the engine warms up.

Is that not the case?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajpvrm (Post 3914871)
My tank sounds like a tempo traveler every morning and evening for first few minutes/kms. :) I have started to believe that the sound is normal till the engine warms up.

Is that not the case?

Dear rajpvrm,

I am not an owner of TUV. However, I can share the fact that in my TD of the T8 AMT, I did not find any abnormal sounds or vibrations at the start. As far as I know, the TD vehicle had been idle for significant time before I started it.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbus (Post 3914767)
I had the same problem of extra noise from the engine but no loss of power. Every time it happened during evening while returning from the office :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajpvrm (Post 3914871)
My tank sounds like a tempo traveler every morning and evening for first few minutes/kms. :)

I have been monitoring this over the last 2 weeks and I face this issue only in the morning when the engine temperature indicator is at 1 bar. It gets worse if you are in 3rd gear at 20 kmph and try to rev the engine. The minute the engine temperature indicator shows 2 bars, the diesel clatter reduces to normal acceptable levels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3915424)
I have been monitoring this over the last 2 weeks and I face this issue only in the morning when the engine temperature indicator is at 1 bar. It gets worse if you are in 3rd gear at 20 kmph and try to rev the engine. The minute the engine temperature indicator shows 2 bars, the diesel clatter reduces to normal acceptable levels.

Exactly same here! When engine is cold for first few kms in the morning, my tank behaves like a tempo but is normal thereafter - once the temp gauge reaches 4. Is this not normal? if not, then what is the fix?

Also, wanted to know if its a good idea to use Diesel fuel additives like 3M or X-1R etc.. Will it help in reducing engine sound and/or cleaning up engine of any metallic substances or reducing vibrations? Can we use fuel additives on new cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajpvrm (Post 3915444)
Is this not normal? if not, then what is the fix?

Not sure if this is normal as this is my first diesel car. Will let the experts and other TUV owners answer this.

Quote:

Also, wanted to know if its a good idea to use Diesel fuel additives like 3M or X-1R etc.
Do refer to the following posts & threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2881584
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-work.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3908488

Looks like the jury is divided on this. I plan to start experimenting with additives once the odo crosses 5000 km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3915424)

I have also observed mild increase in engine sound when the engine temperature is low and I always presumed this to be normal.

The tempo like sound which I mentioned in my previous post is way different(read loud) and it often starts midway while driving and does not seem to be related to the engine temperature. Another difference is that is starts abruptly and ends abruptly unlike the one which is heard when the engine temperature is low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit_11 (Post 3915584)
The tempo like sound which I mentioned in my previous post is way different(read loud) and it often starts midway while driving and does not seem to be related to the engine temperature. Another difference is that is starts abruptly and ends abruptly unlike the one which is heard when the engine temperature is low.

I think you need to check with MASS to see if your vehicle is listed for any parts recall - specifically Vacuum Resonator. I have faced almost the same situation and after replacement of Vacuum Resonator, noise level is much better and have not heard any excessive noise in the past 10+ days.

So, I finally got delivery of my TUV T8 AMT on 16th Feb. It was a smooth delivery and didn't take too much time. Had the normal delivery formalities of puja, teeka and snaps.

Drove straight to nearest petrol pump and then to a temple to do the detailed puja.

As expected the TUV was not free of problems:

- Fuel lid (cover) had a peeled of paint area which SA promised to get that fixed (how did it get ignored during PDI :eek:?)

- FM reception is somehow very, very poor - not able to catch any channels

- Steering is feeling very hard

- There is some play in the handbrake which occasionally switches on the handbrake light and which makes that scary warning voice come

So for now driven very less. Today, I went to the showroom for seat covers but didn't get them again. Now, while returning back, I felt strange when creep and at normal acceleration at low speed, the car had started giving jerks, just like the clutch released at low speed in higher gears (ghad ghad) :Frustrati

I called the service manager and he promised to look after on Tuesday. I tell you this is exactly what I hate about Mahindra. They launch models in hurry and customers bear the pain.

Is any other AMT user feeling the same ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezee (Post 3916415)
So finally got delivery of my TUV T8 AMT on 16th Feb. I was a smooth delivery didnt take too much time.

Congratulations ezee! Welcome to the owners club and happy driving. Glad that the delivery experience was smooth.

Quote:

- FM reception is somehow very very poor not able to catch any channels
Hope the removable antena on the roof is attached. If yes, could be some wiring issue.

Quote:

- Steering is feeling very hard
TUV300's steering is slightly hard. Especially if you have driven a sedan or hatchback earlier. But you'll get used to it and it will feel comfortable. Is it harder that what you felt in the Test Drive?

Quote:

So for now driven very less but today went to show room for seat covers but didnt get again.
If you have not paid already, avoid the seat covers. The quality is bad. I paid 7.5K for it and in less than a month planning to change. See if you can get art leather seats stitched outside. See Sirvoicar's or Procrj's posts.

Quote:

Now while returning back I felt strange when creep and normal acceleration at low speed started giving jerks, just like clutch released at low speed in higher gears (ghad ghad)
Have not felt any jerk during creep till now. Please get it checked. Also, make sure you have the latest software for AMT transmission - version 18.3.5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajpvrm (Post 3916477)
Have not felt any jerk during creep till now. Please get it checked. Also, make sure you have the latest software for AMT transmission - version 18.3.5.

Thanks rajpvrm i will visit service center on Tuesday

Today morning went to Mahindra's Kundan Motors workshop in Chinchwad. Called the SA in the morning and asked him if I can come for the right door buzzing noise resolution. He said yes, hence came to the workshop promptly. Took a test drive with him again. He could make out that the minor noise is coming. After 2-3 kms he asked his door trim expert to take another test drive. He drove the car on all kinds of roads, but somehow the noise could not be reproduced. He then took the car to a bridge under construction site, where there were huge boulders and rubble. There was little noise. I then took the RHS window glass down by 2-3 inches and now after hitting a rough patch there was prominent "krrr-krrrr-krrr" noise. The tester asked me to record that sound on my mobile, which I immediately did. Conclusion was that the RHS power window needs to be replaced. I was however not able to reproduce the buzzing sound, which would disappear on pressing the door trim. However the expert said that once the trim is opened they would add foaming. I hoped that both the noises should get addressed.I tried attaching the audio recording to this message, but the seems the GPP format is not allowed.

Unfortunately when the SA checked with stores person, he told me that the RHS power window is not in stock and I will have to come on Thursday. I asked him if at least the foaming can be done. He said that foaming will be done only when the door trim is opened for RHS power window replacement.

While I was about to leave, once technician asked my SA if the ICU reflush on my car was done as this is another red recall from Mahindra for TUV. When asked what was this about, the SA mentioned that this was needed for the immobilizer. Since it was not done he told me that a job card will have to be opened and it will take 15-20 mins for the job. I gave them the go ahead. The technician connected the device to the port. There were no error codes for any of the modules. Job was done in 30 minutes. I asked the SA if the car could be washed. He mentioned that I would be charged Rs 400/- for car wash. Car washes are complimentary for the free services only and for any such recalls or warranty issues washing can be availed by paying extra charges for washing (not good Mahindra :Frustrati)

Device connected to the port
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160220_115235.jpg

Edit: Today afternoon going to Shree Ashtavinayak enterprises, Rasta Peth, Pune to place the order for seat covers. Will check the SuperSport (Carbon) roof rack from M-Tek, which fellow BHPIan Sandeep has fitted on his TUV. Will also check out some stuff for car polishing/waxing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3916852)
While I was about to leave, once technician asked my SA if the ICU reflush on my car was done as this is another red recall from Mahindra for TUV. When asked what was this about, the SA mentioned that this was needed for the immobilizer.

I got the ICU flashing for immobilizer done last week. Apparently, without the update the immobilizer works inconsistently. Before the update I did notice that on some days the immobilizer light, that should flash continuously once car is turned off, would not come on. That means immobilizer was probably not activated.

Other users - if you see this pattern, please ask for an ICU update. The service center will update SW even if recall is not flashing against your car in the DMS system if you request them (they'll create a manual hand written job card for records).