Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 07:38   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
The TUV is still at service center. As this is an undiagnosed problem which is beyond understandings of engineers at service center, so this time they have prepared a case study with all checks and readings and forwarded to Mahindra plant engineers. Today morning i had received a call from one such engineer from TN asking about whats exactly happened. I have explained them in detail..
Wish all such issues were sorted out before the car was launched. But you cannot iron out 100% of the issues even after lakh miles of prototype testing. Field/onroad problems are bound to be present in every new launch. It is the way in which all such problems are handled that decides the fate of a company & hope M&M takes the right steps.

Quote:
Now as per Delhi NCR head Mr Ravi they will apply some updates tomorrow to check effect. Lets see what comes out. But to the courtesy this time they have provided me a backup scorpio for daily use.
There you go. So long as the customer is not inconvenienced, it won't matter if the car remains in their custody for a day or two more. By the way how long has the car been at the service centre?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 23:38   #947
Senior - BHPian

Today night after having dinner I was taking a stroll in the Premlok Park area where I live. What a pleasant surprise to see 3 TUVs parked on the road within half a km radius. If I count mine it would be 4. Seems people are slowly but surely warming up to TUVs. Coincidently all three were silver colored and top end manual variants T8.
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:29   #948
BANNED

Quote:
Very well said. I too got disappointed and greatly surprised by seeing first hand performance of the AMT version. It was as jerky as anything with problem of hard knocking sound from the very starting (with all models). I was thinking that either Mahindra road test were too overlooked or under pressure to launch model ASAP, that they ignored these problems leaving on customers to report them and then we will fix. What was the impression that customer who is spending a million rupees will bear with the niggles and will not report or will digest or was it planned to do the rest of the road test with customers only?
I personally feel that it has become a habit of majority of Indian auto companies to go like this as these problems do not have any legal impact or effect on immediate sale... but I tell you customer mindset is changing and now with the effect of social platforms it does create a big dent.
Jaago Mahindra Jaago !!
The sympathies of all prospective TUV buyers are with you, ezee - and I too am beginning to feel (after going through your posts) that M&M are using customers as guinea pigs as they were in too much of a hurry to launch the vehicle. Unless they clear up these persistent niggles, it will have an effect on sales. Jago Mahindra indeed!

Quote:
The TUV is still at service center. As this is an undiagnosed problem which is beyond understandings of engineers at service center, so this time they have prepared a case study with all checks and readings and forwarded to Mahindra plant engineers. Today morning i had received a call from one such engineer from TN asking about whats exactly happened. I have explained them in detail. Now as per Delhi NCR head Mr Ravi they will apply some updates tomorrow to check effect. Lets see what comes out.
But to the courtesy this time they have provided me a backup scorpio for daily use.
I am looking forward to your upcoming posts re. the final diagnosis of the problem. In the interim its good that M&M's PR dept has extended the courtesy of giving you the temporary replacement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Today night after having dinner I was taking a stroll in the Premlok Park area where I live. What a pleasant surprise to see 3 TUVs parked on the road within half a km radius. If I count mine it would be 4. Seems people are slowly but surely warming up to TUVs. Coincidently all three were silver colored and top end manual variants T8.
As another prospective customer its good to hear that the no. of TUVs on the road is increasing. But ezee's experience (above) is certainly a wake-up call for M&M.
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:59   #949
BHPian

Actually its not only me who is suffering but there are a lot of them you will find if search Google about TUV300 complaints. Its going exactly same way as it was at the time of XUV launch.

Im trying to put every update regarding problems here at http://tuvclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4

I hope someone from Mahindra is reading these comments and try to bring faith back in TUV, as its a perfect urban SUV which can easily beat all others.

Today is fourth day since my TUV is at service center and as per them they have updated the ECU software and changed one AMT sensor. Doing tests and if everything comes fine then TUV will be delivered back to me today evening.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:41   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
The sympathies of all prospective TUV buyers are with you, ezee - and I too am beginning to feel (after going through your posts) that M&M are using customers as guinea pigs as they were in too much of a hurry to launch the vehicle. Unless they clear up these persistent niggles, it will have an effect on sales. Jago Mahindra indeed!
While this is a hardship, all new vehicle releases undergo this problem. I had a WagonR from the initial batch, and I ran almost every alternative weeks to the service. My brother was one of the fist customers to Ecosport, I know he too had major issues, however thankfully in both the scenarios, the company stood by their products. In my brothers case, the car was taken to Chennai for a test. As long as the M&M is ready to support, I think you should not be worried, however the inconvenience does hurt!
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 13:37   #951
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
While this is a hardship, all new vehicle releases undergo this problem. I had a WagonR from the initial batch, and I ran almost every alternative weeks to the service. My brother was one of the fist customers to Ecosport, I know he too had major issues, however thankfully in both the scenarios, the company stood by their products. In my brothers case, the car was taken to Chennai for a test. As long as the M&M is ready to support, I think you should not be worried, however the inconvenience does hurt!
Agreed! Not to put too fine a point on this aspect of car ownership, all new launches (desi or videshi) have their teething niggles. And M&M, Maruti & Ford cannot escape the stigma.

Though as you said, if the mfrs stands by their products - and all three (TUV, WagonR & Ecosport) are well-respected vehicles - one should just ride out this teething phase. I've been using my Scorpio GLX for over 11 years from new (and have been touring all over the country with it) and am quite passionate about it! I must be one of the lucky ones, because I've had no issues with it - niggling or major - apart from a couple of shunts on the highway, where we escaped unhurt, though my Bucephalus suffered damage.
Old 4th April 2016, 14:37   #952
BHPian

Was going through the NuvoSport thread & it seems that they have adopted some features from existing Mahindra product line.
In the same manner, can we expect 2nd row recliner seats & cruise control (& other sorely missed features) in TUV?
Old 5th April 2016, 11:41   #953
BHPian

Got my TUV day before yesterday after spending four days at SS and as per Mr Ravi they have updated the software and an AMT sensor. Till now TUV is behaving normally, lets see in next 15 - 20 days if that annoying sound reoccurs.

One more thing is bothering me is gear shift jerks at low speeds, which happens only on low speed, very noticeable. Is that a characteristic or need to visit SS again?

Meanwhile seen one more video by AMT owner Sharad at TUV Knocking Problem and thats the exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited by ezee : 5th April 2016 at 11:42. Reason: spell
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 12:51   #954
Senior - BHPian

Did a full tank today. This time mileage was pretty decent, got 14.58 kmpl. Out of total 760 kms driven, I had around 550 kms of highway drive in Normal mode + AC Eco

Last edited by airbus : 5th April 2016 at 12:55. Reason: To add a comma
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:51   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Voice View Post

Was going through the NuvoSport thread & it seems that they have adopted some features from existing Mahindra product line.
In the same manner, can we expect 2nd row recliner seats & cruise control (& other sorely missed features) in TUV?
M&M adds some features (& removes some) in its every iteration. Since its been only 6 months post the launch of TUV, I don't think the above features will find their way in TUV so soon. We may have to wait a year of two. On another note, I don't understand M&M's rationale of making the Nuvosport a premium offering over the TUV. The TUV looks far better externally, has better interiors than the Nuvosport and is a completely new platform, unlike the latter, which is based on the Xylo platform. I am damn sure the second innings of the Quanto aka Nuvosport is not going to be that successful

Quote:
Got my TUV day before yesterday after spending four days at SS and as per Mr Ravi they have updated the software and an AMT sensor. Till now TUV is behaving normally, lets see in next 15 - 20 days if that annoying sound reoccurs.

One more thing is bothering me is gear shift jerks at low speeds, which happens only on low speed, very noticeable. Is that a characteristic or need to visit SS again?

Meanwhile seen one more video by AMT owner Sharad at TUV Knocking Problem and thats the exactly what I am talking about.
Good to know that ezee. Hope your car remains troublefree and your visits to the service centre are limited to the regular servicing only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Did a full tank today. This time mileage was pretty decent, got 14.58 kmpl. Out of total 760 kms driven, I had around 550 kms of highway drive in Normal mode + AC Eco
That's great mileage for a car that is still in its run-in period. The TUV if driven sedately on highway can give good mileage figures. In my last visit to service centre, one of the SAs mentioned that on a recent run on Mumbai-Pune expressway one TUV could extract 19 kmpl (tankful to tankful calculation). Isn't that awesome?
Old 7th April 2016, 01:37   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
M&M adds some features (& removes some) in its every iteration. Since its been only 6 months post the launch of TUV, I don't think the above features will find their way in TUV so soon. We may have to wait a year of two.
Agreed. But rather than a timeframe, I'd say they would add the new interior features, and perhaps the customary LED lights and new grille directly in the TUV facelift. And while that is nowhere in the horizon as of yet, it could come sooner rather than later. The sales have gone down a bit, and the initial market response (vital in our market) has evidently been polarizing for the TUV. And they would also want to keep what is an old-school boxy design looking fresh. Also, a facelift would be an ideal opportunity to introduce that 4WD variant finally.
Quote:
On another note, I don't understand M&M's rationale of making the Nuvosport a premium offering over the TUV. The TUV looks far better externally, has better interiors than the Nuvosport and is a completely new platform, unlike the latter, which is based on the Xylo platform. I am damn sure the second innings of the Quanto aka Nuvosport is not going to be that successful.
The logic behind another parallel product is legit. Only, a Nuvosport for that 'another product' is a terrible idea.
The TUV is still too hardcore for many people out there. Nothing less than a monocoque, fake crossover-ish design, a Hyundai-esque list of features and compact-hatch level driving convenience will suffice. Also, in the minds of the public, boxy=utilitarian. And the TUV is also somewhat underpowered as compared to its rivals. And they perhaps thought against applying changes like a more powerful engine and more features straightaway into the TUV itself due to it being so fresh.
So there was room for another product there. But it should have been something like a KUV300 or a cheaper Tivoli. What they have in the Nuvosport is just TUV mechanicals with a recycled design and outdated body. So neither does it become compact or easy to drive, nor does it become stylish or premium. And it even loses the tough, brutish kind of appeal the TUV has. So it's clearly going neither here nor there being what it is. But still, have to say coming from the Quanto, it is a commendable transformation.
Quote:
and is a completely new platform, unlike the latter, which is based on the Xylo platform.
The TUV doesn't use a completely new platform. It is a shortened version of the new Scorpio platform that they planned to use on more models. The same platform is used in the Nuvosport as well. They apparently scrapped the old Ingenio platform which was used for the Xylo and original Quanto.

Last edited by mukul32 : 7th April 2016 at 01:43.
mukul32 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 20:05   #957
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 XL?
Looks like Mahindra is planning to launch a full size 7 - seated based on the compact SUV - TUV300, expected to come with the 2.2L diesel engine seen in the Mahindra Scorpio and XUV500.
Quote:
Along with a sub-4m Mahindra Bolero, Mahindra is also working on an extended version of the Mahindra TUV300. With the increased length, the utility vehicle will be a true 7-seater with added practicality.Codenamed U108, the Mahindra TUV500 (name unconfirmed) will be based on the same hydroformed ladder frame platform as the TUV300, and feature the same boxy styling. It’s unclear if Mahindra will introduce any distinctive elements to set it apart from its sub-4m sibling.

Under the hood, the TUV500 is likely to be powered by the mHawk diesel engine family; Mahindra could choose the 2.2L/1.99L engine which powers the Mahindra Scorpio and XUV500. Transmission options would include a manual or an AMT.
Some of the features one can expect are alloy wheels, static bending headlights, a 2-DIN music system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and the Mahindra BlueSense App, reverse parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, electrically-adjustable wing mirrors, keyless entry and a rear wiper/washer.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/m...ndering-227780
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 23:09   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Mahindra TUV300 XL?
Looks like Mahindra is planning to launch a full size 7 - seated based on the compact SUV - TUV300, expected to come with the 2.2L diesel engine seen in the Mahindra Scorpio and XUV500.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/m...ndering-227780
Chopping/extending seems to be the mantra at M&M. I wonder if they took the phrases, cutting the fat, expanding the reach literally

They cut the Xylo to make Quanto, cut up Bolero in the works, now planning to expand the TUV!!

What's wrong with these guys! I fear some day they will truly make a Frankenstein out of their products
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 12:00   #959
BHPian

Brought my tank yesterday on the auspicious occasion of gudi padwa!.

Its a t8 amt molten Orange.

Thanks a tonne to autoindian and his extremely detailed ownership review which helped my own the tank even after the almost 4month torture.

The dealer charged 3k for underbody coating from 3mcare.
i have to visit service centre today for the driver side door noise as well as software upgrade.
Also i am not sure of the dealer really did the underbody coating as i dont see black color coating underneath the wheel arc (THats clearly visible on my old wagonr)
WOuld like to how to confirm the same.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 15:10   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Brought my tank yesterday on the auspicious occasion of gudi padwa!.

Its a t8 amt molten Orange.
Many congratulations chetans on getting your tank , but where are the pictures buddy. We need a lots of them. Also do share your initial driving experience and the price breakup.

Quote:
Thanks a tonne to autoindian and his extremely detailed ownership review which helped my own the tank even after the almost 4month torture.
My pleasure . I agree that I was one of the early adopters of the TUV, hence I tried to detail out as much as possible in my ownership thread for the benefit of members like you. Regarding the door rattling noise, get the window winder assembly replaced right away.

Most Viewed