Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 13:00   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
It's brake dust!
Confirmed by the service engg.

So nothing to worry about apart from topping up the coolant.

Yesterday I had specifically mentioned my case of travelling from manjari. Still the supervisor is asking me to leave the tank and come back by evening. Calmly rejected and now waiting for the usual niggles to be fixed.
So finally the rabbit is out of the hat. But the good news is that there is no brake oil leakage, feels so relieving . However take the words of the Service Advisor with a pinch of salt. Take a sketch pen/ marker & mark the brake fluid and coolant level on the respective reservoirs. Each day keep a log of how much running the car has done and what are the fluid levels. Any noticeable difference in the fluid levels after prolonged running should ring in the alarm bells.

I think most of us clean our cars every week (if not daily). It is always a good practice to open the bonnet once in a week and check all the fluid levels. Gives the much needed confidence when you venture on a long drive. Also we should keep a close watch on the instrument cluster. Any warning sign popping up should not be ignored.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 18:18   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
It's brake dust!
Confirmed by the service engg.
I have observed this phenomenon. If the vehicle was serviced before your travel, there are chances that the service station had applied 'dressing' spray on the tyres. And more often, the combination of break dust, spray and water will give a feeler of oil. Just observe it for couple of days, you will know the reasons.
Old 29th April 2016, 18:57   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
I have observed this phenomenon. If the vehicle was serviced before your travel, there are chances that the service station had applied 'dressing' spray on the tyres. And more often, the combination of break dust, spray and water will give a feeler of oil. Just observe it for couple of days, you will know the reasons.
the 3m car care guys had done the washing and i think also did the dressing of tyres just one week before. makes sense now.
Old 29th April 2016, 22:15   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
the 3m car care guys had done the washing and i think also did the dressing of tyres just one week before. makes sense now.
But what about the low volume of coolant, as you posted?

Coolant is not suppose to finish that much faster and if i remember correctly then in 8 year of ownership of Logan i had topped up coolant only once.
Old 29th April 2016, 22:25   #1025
BANNED

Quote:
It may be brake dust as per the SA and tyre dressing don't at 3M.

What about the low coolant and oil traces seen in the disc rotor?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:43   #1026
BHPian

For coolant, the reason given was that coolant might have settled down. Anyways I am tracking daily now.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 10:13   #1027
BHPian

My Samsung phone recently got updated to Android Marshmellow and I am just not able to pair it with the infotainment system.

Previously, when my phone was running Lollipop, there was no issue at all. But now, the connection just doesn't happen. I have set the infotainment system to factory defaults and have tried deleting the phone from list and pair again several times. My phone can see 'Mahindra' but cannot connect.

Did anyone face this issue and is there a solution?
Old 1st May 2016, 10:39   #1028

Try enabling your location services and then pair.
I think in Marshmallow there is some dependency for location services when using Bluetooth.

I faced a similar issue while connecting my healthband to a Marshmallow phone and was able to do it when Bluetooth and location services both are on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
My Samsung phone recently got updated to Android Marshmellow and I am just not able to pair it with the infotainment system.

Previously, when my phone was running Lollipop, there was no issue at all. But now, the connection just doesn't happen. I have set the infotainment system to factory defaults and have tried deleting the phone from list and pair again several times. My phone can see 'Mahindra' but cannot connect.

Did anyone face this issue and is there a solution?
rohit_11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 12:51   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For coolant, the reason given was that coolant might have settled down. Anyways I am tracking daily now.
Hey Chetans, seems you are not alone for the coolant level issue. Today morning during my weekly ritual of car cleaning I too found my coolant level just below the minimum mark. My car has run 6.3K kms as of date. I am not thinking of topping it up immediately, however will keep a close watch going forward. Off late car has been driven through choc-a-bloc traffic. This might have resulted in engine running too hot and some coolant evaporating.

There are absolutely no fluid leakages and my parking floor is spotless. If the coolant is getting inside the engine (which I seriously doubt), then it could be a bigger issue.

My request to all TUV owners is keep a close watch on that purple fluid under the bonnet.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 13:22   #1030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
There are absolutely no fluid leakages and my parking floor is spotless. If the coolant is getting inside the engine (which I seriously doubt), then it could be a bigger issue.
Surprising to see this issue with just 6300 kms on odometer.

If you are doubting whether the coolant is seeping into the engine, open the engine oil filling cap and see the internals also check how the engine oil looks and also the quantity.
Old 1st May 2016, 13:46   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OK. I'll tell you about what happened to my Getz:

The Heater core had a leak. Heater core supplies heat from the coolant to your AC when you use the heater. The carpeting under the front floor mat was wet, and my coolant level was just above the minimum level when I discovered this at the Hyundai ASC.

I faced the exact same scene: No visible leak on the ground, but coolant level was dipping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heater_core

Hope this helps.

Quote:

This might have resulted in engine running too hot and some coolant evaporating.
This hardly happens. The boiling point of coolants are around 130 deg C. Even if a little evaporate, it would condense on the radiator cap.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 1st May 2016 at 13:51. Reason: Adding a link
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 14:51   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
After doing a round trip between pune-mumbai, today morning saw oil on driver side front wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this disc brake oil I guess so
Quote:
Anurag has exactly pointed the oil spot. Yes, I was thinking about the dust and so trying to clean it. Then found out that it's oil.
Hi Chetans,

Recently my cousin had got a TUV and it has run for less than 1000 kms. He had visited us yesterday and while checking out his car, we noticed that there were oil marks on the alloys - just like in your car. He had it in both the front alloys. Looks like he had already raised it with the A.S.S and they told it is normal. We dont think it is normal for oil to leak into the discs and the alloys. Since the fluid levels are within limits, we hope it is not anything serious. He is going to raise it again during the first service. However, I am not sure if they are going to acknowledge the issue.

I am not sure if you got a satisfactory answer regarding the oil leak. Anyways, are you seeing the oil leak after your visit to A.S.S or has it gone completely? I will have to follow up with my cousin based on what you say
Old 1st May 2016, 16:13   #1033
BHPian

Quote:

My request to all TUV owners is keep a close watch on that purple fluid under the bonnet.
will keep checking every day.

Would like to know if we can keep a spare to top it up in case of emergency.
Had asked the service center if they sell those. but the service engg assured me that wont be needed.
Old 1st May 2016, 16:42   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Had asked the service center if they sell those. but the service engg assured me that wont be needed.
Yes we can. We can get the coolant concentrate from the market, in which we have to mix dsitilled water in the ratio of 1:3 (coolant: water). The other option is to get the 1 litre bottle of premixed coolant from the market. The only issue is we should get it in a matching color (purple) & specification, that of the existing coolant.

As per the Owners Manual:

Quote:
MAHINDRA “MAXIMILE ULTRA COOL” GENUINE LONG LIFE COOLANT
(READY TO USE COOLANT. NO NEED TO MIX WATER) ~4.5 liters

Brand Specific. Don’t use other coolants / water for top up. In case of
emergency, coolant meeting JIS K-2234 specification should be used (30%
concentration diluted with distilled water) and coolant change period to be reduced as 30,000 km
Old 1st May 2016, 16:45   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

Never mix coolant with any other brand as it will contaminate the whole solution but if you really need a top up then ask Mahindra about the brand they use.

Also check coolant level only after vehicle is stationery for sometime with ignition off, because it takes some time to settle down coolant back in reservoir.

But if still you find coolant level is going down fast then surely its seeping somewhere.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed