Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:19   #1036
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Pasting a picture from another thread of a brand new TUV accident.
The chassis and the body have separated.

Makes one wonder about the structural integrity of the TUV and the quality control of Mahindra. There were reports of early XUVs spot welds failing.

Last edited by JediKnight : 2nd May 2016 at 12:21.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:10   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_11 View Post
Try enabling your location services and then pair.
I think in Marshmallow there is some dependency for location services when using Bluetooth.
Hi Rohit, Thanks for the advise. Location services was already enabled on my phone. I tried my luck by enabling NFC and WiFi but it didn't help.

Solution - After lot of googling, found that the wiping system cache in recovery mode can help. I did this and it worked instantly. If anyone is facing this problem, please find out how to get to the recovery mode (on Samsung Galaxy series its done by pressing and holding Power, Volume Up and Menu keys) on your phone and then select option to wipe system cache and restart.

Also, I think someone on this forum was facing issue in syncing contacts with the system. The solution to that is to select all contacts and add them to 'My Contacts' group and your ICE should be able to download contacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Hi rajpvrm,

My TUVs rear door also makes noise and I tried to fit a piece of cycle tube but it breaks, as I have to make holes to fit the rubber pad attached in front of that.

Please let us know what kind of tube he used and has he made holes as well to fit the rubber pad?
Sorry for a late reply, Ezee. The service center guys had cut an exact piece from the cycle tube and stuck it (using Feviquick) on the rubber pad/shoe on the side of the door that goes into the buckle.

This made the door opening/closing very tight and they had applied grease on it. However, every few days the grease would thicken a bit and the door operation would be difficult.

I recently peeled out the rubber tube to make the door operation smooth.

If you are still hearing sounds from your rear door, you may want to open the panel (not very difficult if you remove all screws) and see if all rods/connectors are seated properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
But if still you find coolant level is going down fast then surely its seeping somewhere.
Completely agree. By storing extra coolant and refilling when necessary you are not addressing the root cause of the problem.

I check all the critical liquid levels every weekend and so far all are at 'Max' level or in some cases slightly above it. I have never topped any of the fluids and assume they were topped/changed during the first service at 3000 km by MASS. Tank is currently cruising smoothly at 6300 Km and I think its normal for all these fluids to stay at correct levels for a long time.
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:30   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Makes one wonder about the structural integrity of the TUV and the quality control of Mahindra. There were reports of early XUVs spot welds failing.
Not directed to this particular accident but these days I wonder how every new launch ends up in an accident so soon.

Maybe it's the social media that spreads it like wild fire. The accident pics pop up almost as soon as the launch pics, sometimes even earlier!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:15   #1039
BHPian

Hi all TUV300 owners,

I am now seriously considering the TUV300 as my next car and I am reading up as much information as I can on the web. I was also checking out videos of the TUV300 on youtube and came across these two videos:

(Rear wheel spinning continuously when TUV300 tries to turn up an incline.)

Have you faced this situation before? Please let us know. I don't know if this is a problem but would like some clarity on this thing.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:18   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The chassis and the body have separated.

It seems the owner took the 'tank' synonym too seriously and took liberties with some laws of physics. Anyways, the quality of the vehicle shall not be questioned by just looking at a random image. Other factors like speed of the vehicle and circumstances under which it crashed needs to be studied before terming it as bad quality design.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:24   #1041
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post

Have you faced this situation before? Please let us know. I don't know if this is a problem but would like some clarity on this thing.

Thanks in advance!
Could be because they are brand new and over inflated tires.

Brand new tires cannot give full grip because of a coating they have to protect them during storage.
Over inflated tires usually spin out much faster than proper or slightly low pressure tires.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:47   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
(Rear wheel spinning continuously when TUV300 tries to turn up an incline.)

Nivatakavacha, I never faced this issue in my ~6300 km run.

In March I did a Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai trip and the tank behaved really well on the Chorla ghat. I also did a bit of off-roading near some beaches and there was no unexpected rear wheel spinning.
rajpvrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:17   #1043
BHPian

Quote:

hmm, looking at the impact, it is very clear that the vehicle has been moving beyond 120 or more. The culvert wall has come almost till the driver seat. Moreover generally most of the culverts are 'v' shaped on that specific struct of road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Brand new tires cannot give full grip because of a coating they have to protect them during storage.
Over inflated tires usually spin out much faster than proper or slightly low pressure tires.
I definitely doubt if this is because of new tire or over inflated tires. In my view, this is due to poor traction and hard suspension system. I have faced similar situations in my MM540 which had 'leaf' suspension.
This could generally happen with rear wheel drive system when in incline or sometime on a 'quick' uneven surface. Due to the hard suspension, the rare wheel loses its traction and starts spinning, the best in such situation would be add 'little' load over that wheel, and voila it simply moves.

This could again happen only when you are driving very slow. Generally this should not occur on Multi-Link Suspension, but again sometime all this could happen on any vehicle.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd May 2016 at 15:49. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:39   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks bblost! That could be a reason! what was similar in both cases was that the way the vehicle was turning (to the right and up a slope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Nivatakavacha, I never faced this issue in my ~6300 km run.

In March I did a Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai trip and the tank behaved really well on the Chorla ghat. I also did a bit of off-roading near some beaches and there was no unexpected rear wheel spinning.

Thanks rajpvrm. thank is good to hear. Wish you many wonderful miles ahead with your TUV300.
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:05   #1045
BHPian

Upgrade to 100bhp ?
The other day , on their TV show, Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor Autocar announced that M&M will be soon launching the TUV300 with the 100bhp Nuvosport engine.This is being done after considering customer feedback, and to better 98bhp of Ford Ecosport and 90bhp of Maruti Vitara Brezza. Would M&M give an option of recalibration of the present 84bhp to present TUV300 owners?

I was at the Service centre last week to attend Dashboard vibration Noise. It was solved to my entire satisfaction, the cabin is now super silent.Though,they took the entire day :( . It also seems that M&M have stopped deliveries of the AutoShift due to software issues. Present customers are being attended as required.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-raju-farm-07.jpg  

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 2nd May 2016 at 18:13. Reason: Added info as an afterthought.
Sirvoicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:31   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
I was at the Service centre last week to attend Dashboard vibration Noise. It was solved to my entire satisfaction, the cabin is now super silent.
I do get rattling sound from the dashboard sometimes, and more near the passenger airbag. Can you please detail on what was done at the service centre?

Quote:
It also seems that M&M have stopped deliveries of the AutoShift due to software issues. Present customers are being attended as required.
This is a big step if true. Are you aware of the exact issue? Fortunately, I haven't faced any issue with my AMT. The last software update reduced the gear shift jerks.
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:34   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
Upgrade to 100bhp ?
The other day , on their TV show, Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor Autocar announced that M&M will be soon launching the TUV300 with the 100bhp Nuvosport engine.This is being done after considering customer feedback, and to better 98bhp of Ford Ecosport and 90bhp of Maruti Vitara Brezza. Would M&M give an option of recalibration of the present 84bhp to present TUV300 owners?

I was at the Service centre last week to attend Dashboard vibration Noise. It was solved to my entire satisfaction, the cabin is now super silent.Though,they took the entire day :( . It also seems that M&M have stopped deliveries of the AutoShift due to software issues. Present customers are being attended as required.
Will they be giving any option for upgrade to existing customers?

AMT deliveries stopped is a bad sign for people like us who owns AMT and struggling to get perfect tuning, so that abnormal and unpredictable behaviour of AMT settles.

Again taking TUV to service center for jerks in gear downshifts and other problems, called by Delhi NCR head from Mahindra.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:15   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
I do get rattling sound from the dashboard sometimes, and more near the passenger airbag. Can you please detail on what was done at the service centre?
The vibration sound is more prominent at idling, secondly, when you switch OFF the engine, there is a high degree of vibration at the gear stick which ends with a thud. They know this issue and it is handled swiftly by doing some adjustments at the Dash board fitting. You say that you get the sound "sometimes", you need to closely observe the circumstances so that you can explain them better.

Quote:
This is a big step if true. Are you aware of the exact issue? Fortunately, I haven't faced any issue with my AMT. The last software update reduced the gear shift jerks.
Most Autoshift issues have been discussed here, namely gear shift jerks/pause , creep function and rolling Downhill on a gradient. Present owners are being adequately supported with the latest solutions. I would suggest you to be alert so that if you encounter any anomaly in different driving circumstances, it can be reported. The rear wheel traction videos posted above are also very astonishing. It doesn't look like both wheels are on soft ground, yet there is lack of traction.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:20   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bblost! That could be a reason! what was similar in both cases was that the way the vehicle was turning (to the right and up a slope)
I have faced this issue (rear wheel spinning) once while trying to park. I was taking a right turn and moving up a slop at very slow speed. Then I disengaged the ECO mode, and there was no issue after that.

Last edited by airbus : 2nd May 2016 at 19:27.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 21:08   #1050
BHPian

Has anyone ever noticed tilting of rear wheels when parked on uneven surface?

Today i have noticed rear right wheel was a bit tilted when my TUV was parked on a slope side by side, means left wheels were above than right both wheels. But as soon as it comes on even surface it becomes normal.

Last edited by ezee : 2nd May 2016 at 21:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks