Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 12:48   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
How does the AC fare in this? I have read it is chilling for the 1st row. But how is it for the 2nd row, and maybe whenever there are a couple of folks in the jump seats?
Would be nice to know this from owners of TUV in cities of high heat and humidity.

Also, with the new 100 bhp on offer, what will be the turnaround time for deliveries, considering that people who had booked earlier the 80, would either be offered to upgrade or would themselves opt to.
I drove the 100 AMT yesterday, and noticed the following -
  1. The reviews / feedback had mentioned that the AC was chilling even at 1 point for the driver. I didn't feel it. And it didn't feel cool enough in the 2nd row, when I sat there and checked. Though the condition when driven yesterday was not hot / humid around 4PM.
  2. During the drive when switching between Auto to manual and driving in manual, the engine was noisier. When moving back to auto the sound was lesser. Does anyone have a view on this or noticed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Are any of the add-ons that were on the TUV300 Endurance version showcased at the Auto Expo available for purchase from Mahindra or even a third-party.
I had checked about this with the dealer in Chennai yesterday, since we have seen this customization advertised since Feb 2016. They said, though they have been hearing that it for sometime (as coming now, coming later) (maybe as a spl edition), they don't have more visibility on it. But assume it to be coming soon (as a spl edition )

Also, that it might be made available as a add on kit on the lines of the Armour kit currently made available. When asked, if they will take back the current grill and spare wheel hub, and provide the endurance kit at a reduced price (compensating what is taken back as more like an exchange), it was just

Also, the Olive green paint sported for Anand Mahindra is not available, even as a customization.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO emoticons are permitted for each post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th May 2016 at 19:32. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 15th May 2016, 19:29   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Friends today I fitted the mud flaps and M-Tek Roof Carrier (Supersport Carbon) on my Orange Tank from local accessories shop. Further details and pictures on my ownership thread, link provided below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-13.html.

Also ordered CoverKraft Magnetic sun shades from snap deal (set of 6) for Rs 1,149/-. Once I lay my hands on it, I will share its effectiveness.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 10:13   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Please do share the source for this as almost all reviews mention that Nuvosport uses the same parts as the TUV300 and the
difference is power is a result of software tuning.
The overdrive review video posted earlier here mentions Turbo + software changes.
Old 16th May 2016, 11:35   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday while doing routing checks, I have found evidence of rat entry near the engine. As of now no visible problem or alarm. Vehicle was idle for nearly 3 weeks. Also found coolant level below minimum mark. This morning I went to service centre to clear the service due alarm and also got complimentary coolant top-up. Looks like coolant consumption in TUV300 is little high. I have filled up coolant to maximum level earlier in January and in 3 months it went down below minimum mark.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:11   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Yesterday while doing routing checks, I have found evidence of rat entry near the engine. As of now no visible problem or alarm. Vehicle was idle for nearly 3 weeks. Also found coolant level below minimum mark. This morning I went to service centre to clear the service due alarm and also got complimentary coolant top-up. Looks like coolant consumption in TUV300 is little high. I have filled up coolant to maximum level earlier in January and in 3 months it went down below minimum mark.
Even I am planning to get the coolant top-up done in the next few days as I have an outstation trip lined up over this weekend. The last time when I unscrewed the coolant reservoir cap, I found it to be loose. Hence want to confirm the hypothesis that if the coolant consumption is really high for the TUV or if the coolant has spilled/evaporated due to the loose cap.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:50   #1101
MCR
BHPian

Has anyone taken the TD of mHawk100? How does it compare to the mHawk84?

I am planning to swap my Honda City with either the TUV300 or S-Cross.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:54   #1102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post

My sincere advice after seeing all posts here on the TUV 3OO thread, please wait for a few more months if you like the TUV. Don't jump guns and get the mHawk100. If not get S-Cross.

The TUV needs some maturation time to make it almost reliable like the XUV 5OO which was bad in the initial batches but later on they ironed out the niggles. I don't want you to be their local R&D Analyst.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th May 2016 at 10:55.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 11:42   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Even I am planning to get the coolant top-up done in the next few days as I have an outstation trip lined up over this weekend. The last time when I unscrewed the coolant reservoir cap, I found it to be loose. Hence want to confirm the hypothesis that if the coolant consumption is really high for the TUV or if the coolant has spilled/evaporated due to the loose cap.
Today while coming to office I went to Kundan Motors (Mahindra Authorized Service Centre in Chinchwad). I had already called up the Service Advisor & informed him that I am coming there for coolant top-up. On reaching there I showed him the level. He asked me if there is any coolant leakage. Since my parking floor was clean I replied in negative. Since the engine was hot he waited for some time before opening the reservoir cap. On opening the cap the trapped vapors were released and the coolant level rose up by 5-6 mm, it seems when the engine is hot the pressurized coolant vapors push the level down. However it was just at the "Min" mark even after opening the cap. The mechanic then brought a 1 litre premixed coolant can & poured it in the reservoir to bring it at the "Max" level. Here are some pics

Coolant just above "Min" level
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160518_100011.jpg

The one litre Maximile can (MRP was Rs 245/-)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160518_100551.jpg

Level after the top-up

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160518_100618.jpg

I will observing the coolant level especially before and after the 500 km+ trip planned over this weekend and share the observations.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this top-up was a 10 mins job and neither any job card prepared nor I was charged a penny. The SA mentioned that during the initial period the coolant is consumed to some extent and hence the drop in level

Last edited by AutoIndian : 18th May 2016 at 11:51.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 12:04   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
neither any job card prepared nor I was charged a penny.
Good to note. Would this be the case across or an act of generosity from your SA?

Quote:
The SA mentioned that during the initial period the coolant is consumed to some extent and hence the drop in level
Why would this be the case? What is the initial period, and when does it cease to be one?
Old 18th May 2016, 13:53   #1105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sirvoicar,

I'm sorry, but your post is completely misleading. Please avoid posting such messages on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
The TUV300 was designed as 84bhp car.
Says who? How do you know Mahindra had not provisioned for a higher powered variant? I've driven it extensively and can confidently state that it can handle the extra horses.

Quote:
This upgrade to 100bhp is a marketing gimmick for new buyers.
It is NOT a gimmick. The horses are real.

Quote:
There is no hardware added to the earlier MHawk80, just a software tune up
Have you confirmed this from Mahindra? I would guess that the turbo is different. Even if it isn't, there's nothing quite like a software power bump from the factory.

Quote:
The new tuning may throw up some new niggles
A baseless assumption.

Quote:
but I am certain the 100bhp tuning will drop the fuel economy further by 1.5 -2 kmpl.
On what grounds are you making such baseless assumptions? I don't need to remind you that the Quanto delivers excellent fuel economy.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:42   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you have checked out the NCAP ratings and crash video of the Scorpio. Given that the TUV also uses the same chassis and is built very similarly to the Scorpio, My personal opinion is that it might not do any better than the Scoprio.

Having said that, I do not know how the Indian S Cross, Creta, Ecosport, Vitara Brezza etc. will fare in the NCAP.

After driving the tank for ~9K km, I would suggest that you consider the TUV only if:
1. You need the space and love the SUVish driving dynamics
2. You are prepared to spend time at MASS fixing issues and living with the initial niggles
3. Drive sedately and dont feel the need to push the car around most times

procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 16:43   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Good to note. Would this be the case across or an act of generosity from your SA?
I would call it customer responsiveness. From what I have learnt from the experience of many owners here on TBHP, M&M acts very swiftly if the customer comes up with any complaint on a newly launched car. So any TUV owners coming with a complaint of low coolant level should get addressed promptly and this "act of generosity" should be uniform all across

Quote:
Why would this be the case? What is the initial period, and when does it cease to be one?
Well that was his part of my Service Advisor's story, which obviously I did not completely buy in. I could easily spot traces of coolant evaporating and passing through the reservoir cap. Ideally it being a closed circuit, whatever coolant evaporates due to excessive heating should condense back in the reservoir/circuit. If there are no leakages in the system and the reservoir cap is fairly tight, there should be hardly any noticeable difference in coolant level after 10 kms or 10,000 kms running.
Old 18th May 2016, 23:18   #1108
BHPian

Quote:

Was in exact same dilemma. Could not decide between S-Cross and the TUV till the last minute. Coming from Honda City, S-Cross may feel a bit high and SUV like. But me migrating from Ritz, the S-Cross was just few inches larger with the same engine of Ritz. Even few of the buttons used inside were identical to Ritz and Swift. This was kind of a turn off for me.

TUV on the other hand felt like a different breed all together. I was always a fan of jeep like 4-wheeler and my heart won over my mind. Not regretting the decision even one bit.

Do check out the Vitara Brezza as well. To me the car looks good, not test driven though.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 10:12   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Not sure if you have checked out the NCAP ratings and crash video of the Scorpio. Given that the TUV also uses the same chassis and is built very similarly to the Scorpio, My personal opinion is that it might not do any better than the Scoprio.
The S2 model (used for crash test) of Scorpio doesn't come with airbag. The minimum criteria for getting even 1 star is to have airbag, I do not understand the simple logics of NCAPs doing a crash test of a car that doesn't have airbag and say 'test failure'.

It would be good for NCAP or the manufacturer to test a "fully equipped model" and say how good or bad it is.

From the manufacturers point of view, the simple answer is 'they meet all the regulatory safety standards of the country', and that is fair too.

Having said the above, Scorpio and TUV300 only use platform commonly. They are two different cars with different build. Unless NCAP test comes out you wouldn't know how safe or unsafe it is.

Me and Usain Bolt wearing same Puma shoes doesn't make me sprinter

I am all for safety and more importantly "safe driving".
Old 19th May 2016, 10:28   #1110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
The minimum criteria for getting even 1 star is to have airbag, I do not understand the simple logics of NCAPs doing a crash test of a car that doesn't have airbag and say 'test failure'.
Not entirely true. One star rating is possible if the structure is good enough. Case in point- FIAT Palio and Ford KA without airbags received one star rating. Not sure if these rules have been changed for 2016.

Please see the post here for more detail-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3804177

But that said, the structural integrity remains the same irrespective of having airbags or not. In the case of Scorpio, airbags wouldn't have helped the score by much since the structure itself was rated unstable. Now thats a poor show irrespective of being a base model or top end model. Not the case with Polo or Figo for example, which also had the base version without airbags tested. Instead of asking NCAP to test airbag equipped versions, we should be asking Mahindra to make airbags standard across the range, like VW and Toyota did!

That said, I agree with you that Scorpio and TUV should be treated as two different vehicles. We can only be sure of TUV if it is tested.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th May 2016 at 10:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks