Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 15:02   #1156
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good to know that. Please share the details once you pick up your tank.
Sorry Guys,

Didnt find time to update here as i was busy after taking the tank from 10,000 Service and had to do a long run Bangalore--> Hyderabad --> Nagpur --> Hyderabad --> Bangalore and now the tank is running solid after service with 13500 kms on ODO and no issues reported till now, even my seat belt under warranty has arrived need to get it fixed.

Here are the service details of the 10,000(Dropped at service @ 11,300) kms
i paid total of 3800 Rupees for the complete service, which include Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Diff Oil and few Consumables, along with the Update of EMS software. They also Topped the Coolant etc.

And i am happy how its on Road and the overall mileage(it gave 14) in this trip again fully loaded but no overhead luggage

Several places when i went to Top up the fuel people were asking about the kit and price and i too was proud about the looks

One thing wanted to know is that i asked for the Wheel alignment in few Authorized Service Center they say that they dont have the numbers of the tank till now to do the wheel alignment and i have to wait, i was told the same thing even outside.

Any one who has done the wheel alignment, can you share the report here or over a PM so that i can use it as a reference and get it done on my tank?
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:39   #1157
BHPian

Dear Friends,
My Friend has just booked the new TUV 100HP AT. We were looking at options other than the company supplied seat covers. I am sure some of our members must have customized their seats with either leather or art leather covers, if so could you provide feedback on the details. Much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 6th June 2016, 22:40   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Dear Friends,
My Friend has just booked the new TUV 100HP AT. We were looking at options other than the company supplied seat covers. I am sure some of our members must have customized their seats with either leather or art leather covers, if so could you provide feedback on the details. Much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I wish you should have booked Manual instead of AMT. But anyways its your choice.

Seat covers available at dealership are the basic ones only. I got them in Rs 5000 only but found that some dealers charging upto 10000 for the same. So bargain.

Art leather seat covers are good if you could get a good person to stitch that. Normally the stock covers are removed and then new cloth is fitted with all curves and corners. Generally costs around 11 to 12K.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:43   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
the next morning again the clanking noise while passing over humps, which disappears once the engine heats up.
Captain - can you post a recording of this noise. I havent faced any clanking from any part of the car. The only noise that I sometime hear during gear shifts is a metallic clink at times. Sounds similar to small rings/washers touching each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
along with the Update of EMS software.
Do you know what the update was for? I am planning to get WA/WB done this week at Madhus. Will share details.

I am inching closer to my 2nd service and I am seriously thinking about using Shell 15W40 instead of the Mahindra recommended engine oil. Its been ~6.5K since the last oil change and I can feel that the engine is not as smooth as it was. Engine noise is a little more audible in the cabin and it sounds throaty during cold starts. Anyone here using any other engine oil apart from the mahindra Feo?
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:19   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Dear Friends,
Thanks in advance.
Congratulations Rover! I am sure you will enjoy your 100HP AMT. I have the 81HP AMT and have driven it for 8K+ Kms so far without any major issues. So far so good!

Look for good exclusive seat cover stores in your area and get the seats stitched. It will cost you around 12K but will be worth the money. The dealer provided seat covers are really bad; I had bought it for 7.5K but changed it in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I am inching closer to my 2nd service and I am seriously thinking about using Shell 15W40 instead of the Mahindra recommended engine oil. Its been ~6.5K since the last oil change and I can feel that the engine is not as smooth as it was. Engine noise is a little more audible in the cabin and it sounds throaty during cold starts. Anyone here using any other engine oil apart from the mahindra Feo?
Same here, procrj. Currently cruising at around 8K Km but I find the engine less smoother these days. I am planning to somehow hang on till 10K service, which should help. Also thinking of using STP diesel additive in next top up - will report if it helps.
rajpvrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:39   #1161
BHPian

TUV300 has sold only 1902 units in May 2016 according to Auto Punditz. It had sold 1928 in April 2016. So looks like it is struggling to cross 2k mark in second consecutive month. The 100bhp TUV300 costs over a million rupees and when you pay that much you expect a relatively niggle free ownership experience which Mahindra have failed to provide so far going by online ownership experiences. Now the AMT has proved to be quite problematic and also one of the reasons for taking the stock of TUV300 down. I think this product has huge potential but some of the things like second row AC vents, engine start stop button and a relatively more niggle free ownership experience can make it more desirable. It was a good move by Mahindra to launch TUV300 with a 100bhp engine but why only top end variant? I think Mahindra need to sit down and make a frank appraisal cos another few months of 2k units sales per month can make a huge dent in to TUV's reputation

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 7th June 2016 at 14:52.
Old 7th June 2016, 22:07   #1162

Must thank Speedy Racer for his info on accessories which he fitted on his TUV 300.
http://m.overdrive.in/news/2016-auto...ance-revealed/
I saw the pics of Endurance model displayed in Auto Expo (refer to the above link). I thought its a new version of TUV 300 however I wrote to Mahindra who said that its only a customisation kit available. I wanted to speak to someone Senior and someone by name Vaibhav (sales and marketing) called me. Here is the discussion.

I asked if one has to drill holes to fit the Front, side and rear armour to fit the equipment. Also, if one need to drill holes to screw fit the wheel arches cladding. Vaibhav said Yes. I am uncomfortable to drill holes on a new car to add some plastic (which ofcourse looks good).

He further mentioned that the Endurance customisable kit will be available in mass production by end of July and they are trying to make it light weight so that it can be double taped to the car instead of drilling holes. The endurance model approx costs about 70K (all components displayed in the picture) according to him but we may have to wait for final update.

I hope all of this is true. I am booking TUV 300 manual day after tomorrow and thought this info will be useful for all BHPians.
anil.manthripra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 18:12   #1163

I recently faced another issue with my TUV.
Last Wednesday while going to office in the morning, I started to feel that the engine was not producing enough power and in a matter of 5 minutes, it was so bad that it almost refused to move even in first gear. I had to literally rev the engine upto 2-5-3k rpm and then release the clutch to make the vehicle move. I called up the SA and went straight to the workshop and left the car for them to check. Note that the car ran fine for about 20 km and only after that the problem started.

The next day I was told that some valve in the fuel pump was lose which was limiting fuel supply and hence the problem. The tightening of this valve has rectified the issue. Since I was busy I could not go to take delivery of the vehicle. I went there the next morning, took a short road test with the SA and found the car to be fine. When I left from the workshop, the car was fine for about 10-12 kms and then the same problem resurfaced. This time I called the SA and he told me to wait where I was so that he could send his people to check. The car was again taken back to the workshop that day.

I got a call that evening that some tube which has to do with the vacuum modulator was bent and hence the functioning wasn't correct. Since it was a rubber tube, it was straightened and the problem has been resolved. When I went to take the vehicle, just to be double sure that the problem was resolved I took a 60km road test with a technician. Since the discussion was too technical, I could not understand the problem/solution completely but it has been working fine since then.

I dont think it was a manufacturing defect since I have already done around 13k kms but wondering how would such a thing happen on its own.
rohit_11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 12:18   #1164
BHPian

Okay, here is the bad news. The party is OVER.

Today while driving to work, the AMT malfunction light turns amber and the car comes in neutral gear on its own and refuses to get into manual or AMT mode.

I waited for a while turning the car off. Luckily I was on the extreme left side and did not cause a traffic jam. The worst part was the car was stuck on a gradient. After waiting for about 2 minutes I switched the ignition on and saw the gear indicator moving from N to A1. Immediately started the engine and drove to work which was only a kilometer away.

On reaching work, called the road assistance and they will be picking up my car in next 60 minutes.

This is my first car out of 6 cars I have used to be towed. The worst part is it has done just 5.5k Kms.

Truly regretting going for Mahindra at this point of time at least. Any inputs from you guys on this and how to deal with Mahindra, I will appreciate.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 9th June 2016 at 12:30.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 13:34   #1165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_11 View Post
The next day I was told that some valve in the fuel pump was lose which was limiting fuel supply and hence the problem. The tightening of this valve has rectified the issue.
Your problem sounds very similar to the FDM issue which has been reported before on this thread. Did MASS replace the FDM or did they just do some temporary fix?

Quote:
I got a call that evening that some tube which has to do with the vacuum modulator was bent and hence the functioning wasn't correct.
Can you share a little more detail around this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Today while driving to work, the AMT malfunction light turns amber and the car comes in neutral gear on its own and refuses to get into manual or AMT mode.
Sad to hear this TaurusAI. Looks like M&M has some major issues with the AMT and have just used customers as guinea pigs to test in the real world. Given the problems that ezee and other AMT owners have reported over the last few months and Mahindra's nonchalant response to these issues, legal action might be the only way forward to get them sit up and actually do something.

The bigger concerns is they continue to sell the AMT in the mHawk100 avatar, which I doubt will be much different from the older AMT. If software tweaks/small mechanical fixes could have fixed these issues, then I am pretty sure they would have fixed it even for the existing customers. All said and done, its just bad bad customer experience, which will slowly wean away prospective customers.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:16   #1166
BANNED

People have to learn from mistakes. Not only from their own mistakes, but from others' mistakes as well.

In this era of internet, there are a lot of people who have posted their mistakes they made while purchasing their vehicles, and it is freely available in the internet. There are enough posts about companies doing the road test and endurance test at the expense of its customers. Ignoring all those warnings and going ga-ga over the looks and utility will have severe side effects.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:21   #1167
BHPian

Comments and feedbacks are available now so what about those who purchased in the initial months?

Also this does not stop Mahindra from recalling and replacing whole AMT system, as there are not much TUV AMTs on the road.

TaurusAI a similar problem was reported by Vinod Menon here

http://tuvclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:28   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_11 View Post
I got a call that evening that some tube which has to do with the vacuum modulator was bent and hence the functioning wasn't correct. Since it was a rubber tube, it was straightened and the problem has been resolved. When I went to take the vehicle, just to be double sure that the problem was resolved I took a 60km road test with a technician. Since the discussion was too technical, I could not understand the problem/solution completely but it has been working fine since then.
How come a rubber tube bend on it's own and cause such a problem? Shouldn't that be accounted for in the design itself?
If they straightened it, will it never agin bend and close itself?

Can you attach of a pic of that component kindly?
Old 9th June 2016, 15:04   #1169
BHPian

With all the woes of the 1st Gen TUV AMT customers ruling the roost, I am sure we all would be interested to get the necessary feedback from the 2nd Gen (read 100bhp) AMT customers.

We should already have had a number of new customers who would have taken possession of the 100 bhps, but as yet there has been no shout out from them or their friends (in case the new gen are not T-BHP members)
Old 10th June 2016, 13:31   #1170
BHPian

I have booked a TUV300 T8 AMT 100 bhp model and received the VIN number from the dealer. The VIN number shows the month of manufacture as Mar 2016. My understanding is that Mahindra launched the 100bhp version recently, should this be an area of concern? The vehicle is currently in transit to Kolkata from Pune plant. Please advise.

Most Viewed