Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 23:34   #181
BHPian

Hi purohitanuj, thanks for the feedback. On the other amt's celerio, nano, zest etc did u experience the same delayed 'creep'.
Your feedback, especially on the frustration in b2b traffic due to delayed movement is making me think on my decision. Really confused now. Wondering if the knight for his permissions sorted to share his 900 kms ownership amt feedback.

Also do any of the experts here belive that the 'creep' function delay of 7-10 seconds can be corrected. Would this be a correction on an existing vehicle already out of the factory say during a service visit or only on the V2 of the amt which mahindra would launch maybe later sometime.

Last edited by bblost : 10th November 2015 at 00:04.
Old 10th November 2015, 02:11   #182
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Awesome the third tank on TBHP looks all set to roll.
Rj you gotcha get a book now, as counting on fingers is not going to help and that includes yours and Sallubhais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
First thing you need to do after delivery is remove that awkward looking 'SILVER JUBILEE' stickers from the rear.
That was the first thing I though of when I saw that picture. Could not SILVER JUBILEE get a better looking sticker to promote themselves ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Forgot to mention one point. The circular for extended warranty (EW) has come to the dealers from M&M. The restriction on running is not clear, but for the 4th year, it is going to cost approx 8K and for the 5th year another 8K. So if EW is taken for 2 years, it would cost 16K approx.
Attaching the details for the extended warranty below

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151009wa0003.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Happy to inform that with all your well wishes the Molten Orange tank was delivered at the said time. Sharing some moments captured

Attachment 1436510

Finally the tank resting in its home, apartment parking
AutoIndian, Congrats once again on the TANK. She looks beautiful in orange and the Apollo Apterras looks more meatier than the Ceat Czars on mine. The white TD Tank which we saw in the apartment parking has been replaced with the real thing.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 06:21   #183
BHPian

Hi cmayur,
The Celerio and Nano's creep function is very good and there is very less(almost DSG like) delay present. I recall that the Zest did not creep (or maybe it does but I dint had the patience to wait for creep to kick in). I would recommend that you go for a test drive just to test this bit.
I do think that the delay can be corrected by updating the TCM firmware; but that is upto M&M's wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Hi purohitanuj, thanks for the feedback. On the other amt's celerio, nano, zest etc did u experience the same delayed 'creep'.
Your feedback, especially on the frustration in b2b traffic due to delayed movement is making me think on my decision. Really confused now. Wondering if the knight for his permissions sorted to share his 900 kms ownership amt feedback.

Also do any of the experts here belive that the 'creep' function delay of 7-10 seconds can be corrected. Would this be a correction on an existing vehicle already out of the factory say during a service visit or only on the V2 of the amt which mahindra would launch maybe later sometime.
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 11:09   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Rj you gotcha get a book now,
Planning to pick up a 2016 manufactured vehicle and hence will only be booking in December.
Quote:
Attaching the details for the extended warranty below
Old 10th November 2015, 11:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
That was the first thing I though of when I saw that picture. Could not SILVER JUBILEE get a better looking sticker to promote themselves ?
That "SILVER JUBILEE" sticker looks very shady. There was one more paper sticker just under the top mounted brake lamp. This was obstructing the view in IRVM. Hence removed it at the first opportunity.

Quote:
AutoIndian, Congrats once again on the TANK. She looks beautiful in orange and the Apollo Apterras looks more meatier than the Ceat Czars on mine. The white TD Tank which we saw in the apartment parking has been replaced with the real thing.
Thank you CAPTAIN REX for your wishes. Yes, the Apollo Apterras look quite classy and my dealer has given it a good dose of tyre polish, hence they are all the more shining. Not just looks but the comfort and tyre noise is also very good. Silver Knight has swapped his OEM tyres (not sure what make were they) with the Michelin XM2. His major grouse with the OEM tyres was the noise, especially on concrete roads. However my experience with the Apterras is rather good, very little tyre noise. Hence I am going to continue with the OEM tyres.

What did I learn today @ my TUV? #2, 10-Nov-2015:

The AC is a chiller and even on blower speed of "1" there is too much air coming from the vents. Wish they could have provided a "0.5" or even "0.25" speed on the blower. One thing I observed is that even though I did not change the blower speed from the position "1", the fan speed was actually increasing and decreasing on its own. I guess this happens during acceleration and deceleration. I will keep a close watch on this and observe the pattern.

When I did the tankful on Saturday, the DTE was showing 692kms, Monday it showed my 775kms and now it is showing me 815kms. I think the ECU is adapting to my driving style. The actual FE figures will be known only when I do a tankful again after reaching the half way mark.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 11:58   #186
BHPian

Guys, really sorry for the delay. Have been really busy with work and then the pre diwali weekend jobs to be done, that i haven't been able to update.

Bought the car on 1st Nov. Had arrived at dealership at 11 AM as discussed with them earlier and to my pleasant surprise the car was ready will all paperwork in order. drove off the dealership at 12 PM (this was really quick to what i had experience multiple times earlier with other brands).

TUV is now my daily drive of 100 kms and is happily munching miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151101wa0005.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscf6742jpg.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151101wa0001jpg.jpg  

nishant kar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:08   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Guys, really sorry for the delay. Have been really busy with work and then the pre diwali weekend jobs to be done, that i haven't been able to update.

Bought the car on 1st Nov. Had arrived at dealership at 11 AM as discussed with them earlier and to my pleasant surprise the car was ready will all paperwork in order. drove off the dealership at 12 PM (this was really quick to what i had experience multiple times earlier with other brands).

Wow, another black one on TBHP, fantastic . Many congratulations Nishant on getting the Black Tank. 100 kms daily, that is one heck of a daily drive, I would envy you as mine is just 60kms, and going to reduce further to 40km from Dec second week once I shift office.

Nevertheless, by the time you would be reading this post, you might have already clocked 1000 kms or thereabouts. Please share with us your TUV experience so far in details.

Edit:
forgot to mention in the above post, during the morning starts the 2nd gear is difficult to engage, feels a bit notchy. One the engine has sufficiently warmed up, then it is business as usual and all the gears feel smooth.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 10th November 2015 at 12:26.
Old 10th November 2015, 12:20   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar
Bought the car on 1st Nov.

Congrats, nishant.kar! :clap
Great to know that the tank is travelling 100km each day. That way the reliability of the tank is getting tested each day.
Post us your experience.
Old 10th November 2015, 13:11   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Congrats Nishant. Hope the tank serves you well for many many years. Do pen down your experiences with the tank.

While M&M claims 12K bookings and has shipped ~9K units in the last two months, I am yet to see one one on the road in Bangalore.

Last edited by procrj : 10th November 2015 at 13:12.
Old 10th November 2015, 13:21   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mahindra has received 12,000 bookings for TUV300. Almost 50% of them are for the AMT version.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Autocar India
Visited the Mahindra dealership today. The nomenclature they're following is T6+ for AMT, while it's mentioned as "S6+ and S8+" in the article. I believe these are the variants offered in Scorpio. Could you confirm Please?
Old 10th November 2015, 13:38   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
Visited the Mahindra dealership today. The nomenclature they're following is T6+ for AMT, while it's mentioned as "S6+ and S8+" in the article. I believe these are the variants offered in Scorpio. Could you confirm Please?
This is about Tuv300, they don't offer AMT in Scorpio.
Planning to buy T8 AMT but still to test drive one, hope to get one in early 2016.
Old 10th November 2015, 16:21   #192
BHPian

Apparently NBS international in Mumbai have not yet been able to deliver a single AMT. Hence they are unable to deliver mine too. Now they don't have any timelines on the delivery of the AMT I booked in Oct first week. As per them the plant will now be shut from tomorrow until 14th. So nothing status until then. Wonder what happens to those 5900 AMT bookings outage the 12k booked.
Anyways... Its only waiting now. In the meanwhile the ownership reviews would really help to change/impact any decisions.
Old 11th November 2015, 00:00   #193

Comgrats Nishant. The black looks real cool man. Is that the AMT? I've booked a black AMT. Tirupathi dealer has said 3rd week of November, waiting with baited breath and in the meantime devouring all the write ups you guys are putting up - you all have really educated me. Thanks.
Old 11th November 2015, 00:23   #194
BHPian

This is my first post and I really thank the Team-BHP team to accept me as a member. It is a privilege indeed to be a part of this community. I have been silently reading all the threads related to Mahindra TUV300 since the last two months. I wanted to upgrade my hatch back to a compact SUV and my younger brother suggested me to test drive the TUV300. I was completely reluctant at first as I disliked the pictures that surfaced on web before the launch. But then when my brother insisted and told me that there was nothing to lose in checking it out, I decided to test drive the vehicle. Trust me, I completely fell in love with the tank the moment I saw her. I booked the vehicle on 22nd of September and I received it on 6th of November. A very long wait !! Congratulations to all the TUV owners, Captain Rex, AutoIndian, SilverKnight and Nishant kar. You all have made the right choice !! I might be the first female member to talk about the tank in this thread. I look forward to create beautiful journeys with her.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 07:39   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
This is my first post and I really thank the Team-BHP team to accept me as a member. It is a privilege indeed to be a part of this community. I have been silently reading all the threads related to Mahindra TUV300 since the last two months. I wanted to upgrade my hatch back to a compact SUV and my younger brother suggested me to test drive the TUV300. I was completely reluctant at first as I disliked the pictures that surfaced on web before the launch. But then when my brother insisted and told me that there was nothing to lose in checking it out, I decided to test drive the vehicle. Trust me, I completely fell in love with the tank the moment I saw her. I booked the vehicle on 22nd of September and I received it on 6th of November. A very long wait !! Congratulations to all the TUV owners, Captain Rex, AutoIndian, SilverKnight and Nishant kar. You all have made the right choice !! I might be the first female member to talk about the tank in this thread. I look forward to create beautiful journeys with her.
Welcome to the TBHP family Titanium (by the way nice handle). Many congratulations to you on joining the TUV owner's club. Your TUV is just one day older than mine as I brought mine home on 7th Nov. Looking forward to you sharing your TUV experience over here.

Your red TUV looks smashing. I am pleasantly surprised to know that the TUV is pulling the heart strings of even the female population like you. It would be interesting to learn about the TUV from a diversity perspective.

Here's wishing you thousands of happy miles with your TUV.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed